Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ (1381030 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, AUGUST 12, 2017

FLEE PROSPERITY OF FOOLS
TEXT: PROVERBS 1:32

"For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them" (Proverbs 1:32).

A Nigerian newspaper carried the story of a very poor 82 years old man who was full of regrets for a wasted opportunity. He spent his life in pool betting (gambling), won a lot of money but always ended up re-investing in same, hoping to get higher winnings that never came his way. Some godless youths spend their money and time in several gambling media and machines. It is a betting that ruins the future. Those who prosper in a sinful way and waste it in the lust of the flesh are fools.

Our text speaks of the prosperity of fools who know not how to handle the blessings of God. Fools born into rich families misuse their parent's wealth. They are proud and boastful of power without God. Others put all their lives and time in unrestrained pursuit of knowledge, honour and worldly glory. God gives power to be rich but when it turns you away from God and Holiness, it backfires. King Solomon fell into sin when he spent much time in researches and pleasures. The rich fool also laboured hard but forgot God (Deuteronomy 17:18-20, Luke 12:15-21).

Challenge: "Wealth multiplied without God increases sorrow."

Prayer: "Oh God, deliver me from prosperity without Christ Jesus."

Quote: "The rich fool also - forgot God."

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 49:15-20

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, AUGUST 13, 2017

RECEIVING GOD'S REVELATIONS
TEXT: PROVERBS 1:23

"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you" (Proverbs 1:23).

Philippine President, Rodrigo Duterte promised God that he would clean up his famous vulgar language. He had heard a voice that told him to stop swearing, otherwise, his plane would crash in midair. What a revelation to a leader! God reveals Himself and His plans in different ways. He simply spoke to Abram to move from his father's house to where He was going to show him, and He obeyed (Genesis 12:1-4). He spoke to Moses from a burning bush and Elijah by wind, earthquake, fire, thunder and a still, small voice (Exodus 12:1-6; 1 Kings 19:11-13). God also speaks to people by dreams, open visions and prophesy. All revelations must agree with God's written word, the Bible, by which He speaks to us today. The Bible is God's revelation to all.

Read it, meditate on it, obey it and preach it to others. "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope" (Romans 15:4). God's word saves , purifies hearts and guides.

Challenge: "Receivers of His word are blessed but curse for all who reject."

Prayer: "Lord, I receive and believe your word."

Quote: "The Bible is God's revelation to all."

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 17: 11, 22-34

See more here:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by JoshMedia: 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
I love this thread

God bless you sir

2 Likes

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37am On Aug 14, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, AUGUST 14, 2017

A LOOK AT LIFE
TEXT: JAMES 4:14

"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away" (James 4:14).

The giant sequoia tree is one of America's most famous trees, commonly called 'the pioneer cabin tree.' It was estimated to have been more than one thousand years old. A road was carved through its large trunk about 137 years ago for cars to pass through. Unfortunately, it was toppled by storms in late 2016. No man has lived up to 1000 years on earth. Only very few reach the age of 100 years now. William Shakespeare, in his play, Macbeth, even referred to life as a "brief candle." Is a tree more valuable to God? No! Sin brought man to this weakness, sickness and early death which shall be removed at the second coming of Christ (Revelations 20:13, 14).

Looking at life, we are challenged to make the best use of our time. Moreover, do not boast, for we are nothing without God and can achieve nothing without Him. Whatsoever we can ever be or have is only by His power and grace. "For that ye ought to say, if the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that" (James 4:15).

Challenge: "Serve God today as if tomorrow may not come."

Prayer: "Lord, I pray for wisdom to serve you, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "We are nothing without God."

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 49:6-12

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by Gravas(m): 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
JoshMedia:
I love this thread
God bless you sir
Its a very good thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2017

WARN THE WICKED
TEXT: EZEKIEL 33:8

"When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand" (Ezekiel 33:8 ).

The wicked is the sinner or backslider who forsakes God and righteous living. Our text pictures the condemnation awaiting the unrepentant sinner and the duty of the righteous youth. The wicked is warned to stop his evils. The consequence of continuous disobedience is everlasting suffering in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8.). Soon it will be too late for the sinner to pray for repentance. On the other hand, the righteous youth has the duty to warn by preaching repentance to the ungodly. Dr. Prince Guneratnam said, "The decree of death is upon all who have sinned, but the offer of eternal life is available to those who will believe.

There is a way of escape. We must go! We must tell." Failure to call the sinners to repentance attracts punishment for the righteous. You will be accused of blood guiltiness if the sinner dies without your warning. Show him the way to Jesus, the only Saviour. If he repents, he will not die and you will be commended.

Challenge: "Watch over your soul and your neighbour's."

Prayer: "I need your grace to do your will, oh God."

Quote: "The wicked is the sinner."

Bible Reading in one Year: Ezekiel 3:17-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2017

THE FLIGHT OF RICHES
TEXT: PROVERBS 23:5

"Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven" (Proverbs 23:5).

An Oxford socialite, Margot Asquith wrote, "Rich men's homes are seldom beautiful, rarely comfortable and never original. It is a constant source of surprise to people of moderate means to observe how little a big fortune contributes to beauty." It aptly describes the emptiness of riches. Our text describes the sudden sad tale of riches when it flies away like a vapour in the rising morning sun. Many world richest men become paupers before death.

Ungodly youths pre-occupy themselves with thoughts and pursuit of fame, honour, money, money and money. They neglect their souls' salvation and fear of God. Their quest for wealth has led some to vices such as: trafficking in drugs, cybercrime and armed robbery. These could lead to imprisonment and early death. "For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out" (1 Timothy 6:7).

Be warned of the love of riches. Godliness with contentment is the true riches now and in eternity.

Challenge: "No profit in riches without righteousness."

Prayer: "Keep me oh God, from a life of regrets, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Be warned of the love of riches."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Timothy 6:5-11

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, AUGUST 17, 2017

DANGER OF DEFRAUDING
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 4:6

"That no men go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified" (1 Thessalonians 4:6).

A former public service officer in an African country died in December 2016. He had stolen a lot of money from Government and provided $55,710 for his wife to be put in his grave at his death. He had thought that he would use the cash to bribe God. He was sick for a long time before he died. Why did he not repent and make restitution? The money was eventually dug up from his grave by fellow men that learnt of it. You cannot bribe God. He demands repentance. In our text, Apostle Paul warns believers in Christ to avoid defrauding fellow men. Fraudulent people steal, cover up evil, deceive, cheat in examinations and bear false witness.

Young people, who are into fraud, call it several nice sounding names like, 'sharp' or 'smart' practices. Evil remains condemnable, no matter the clothes you wear on it. Cheating anyone in anything is a sin and God's punishment awaits the offender. Repent today of all fraudulent practices.

Challenge: "God sees all your secret dealings."

Prayer: "May I not defraud anyone, oh Lord."

Quote: "Cheating anyone in anything is a sin."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Corinthians 6:7-13

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54am On Aug 18, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, AUGUST 18, 2017

REJECTING REPROOF
TEXT: PROVERBS 1:30

"They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof" (Proverbs 1:30).

Apostle Paul summarized the purpose of the entire Holy Bible in his second letter to Timothy, a young bishop, thus: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16). Anyone named a Christian but rejects reproof and correction is a hypocrite. Every child is trained to become a responsible youth and adult through reproof and correction.

A young Nigerian student doing his higher national diploma course in a polytechnic paid glowing tributes to his former secondary school principal on recalling his death. He said: "That man gave us, his students, very strict discipline; but he made me who I am today." Teachers teach, test and correct their students to get the best out of them. In every profession knowledge is transferred by the same means.

Youths who reject reproofs and corrections hardly make real progress in life. God's children accept reproof; if you are not one, then repent and accept Jesus now as your Lord and Saviour.

Challenge: "Positive reproof leads to perfection."

Prayer: "Lord, help me to understand and accept reproof."

Quote: "God's children accept reproof."

Further reading: Amos 4:6-11

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, AUGUST 20, 2017

TITHING FUTURE INCOME
TEXT: GENESIS 28:22

"And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee" (Genesis 28:22).

Meet the fugitive on the run. He had left home and faced an uncertain future. He had no job and no income. Then he had an amazing encounter with Divinity. He had a dream in which God promised him that the future would be bright. Then he vowed to serve the Lord Jehovah, dedicated a place of worship and paid his tithe! This fugitive, for all his faults, at least got something right. He grasped the principle of giving and that is; put God first. Solomon eventually articulated it well in his book of wisdom. "Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine" (Proverbs 3:9, 10).

You are a dependent youth today. You have no job and no income. But you have had an encounter with God. You are a child of God. Believe the promises of God about a better future. And when the blessings start overflowing, remember to put God first. Be ready to give your tithe.

Challenge: "Learn the principle of giving."

Prayer: "I will surely give the tenth to thee, Lord."

Quote: "Put God first."

Further reading: Malachi 3:8-10

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, AUGUST 21, 2017

PRAYER FOR CHANGE
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 1:10

"And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore" (1 Samuel 1:10).

In his book, The Ten Greatest Prayers of the Bible, Benjamin L. Reynolds lined up ten great prayers in the Bible to encourage people of all classes better their lives using the power of prayer. Among the criteria he used to select these prayers were (i) prayers by average individuals (ii) circumstances that were dire and (iii) effect of the prayers on others. Of all the prayers he mentioned, Hannah's prayer was number one. Hannah was an average house wife who was faced with the misfortune of bareness and had to share her husband with a woman who was arrogant, spiteful and abusive. But rather than engage her in a war of words, Hannah resorted to prayers. And as a result, she became a blessing to Israel.

In our modern era of science, medicine and technology, people rarely pray to meet their needs. But there is a limit to which these things can help. When we come to our wits end, fervent prayer becomes the last resort. You can learn, as Hannah did, that "the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16b).

Challenge: "Improve your life by using the power of prayer."

Prayer: "Lord, teach me to pray."

Quote: "Hannah resorted to prayers."

Further reading: Luke 18:1-8

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2017

SERVE FAITHFULLY ALWAYS
TEXT: LUKE 16:10

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much" (Luke 16:10).

Alfred (a fictitious name), told his friend that his wife wanted them to move to a larger house. She had a problem keeping their smaller house clean but promised him if they bought a larger house, she would keep it spotless. He lovingly told her, "Honey, if you can't keep a little house clean, how do you expect to keep a big house clean?" A simple logic, isn't it? This agrees with Jesus'statement above. In our Twenty-first century Christian culture, the motive for service is somehow perverted, always calculating (i) what is in it for me? (ii) How will this further my ambitions? (iii) How will this enhance my image with others? Consequently, many young people who aspire to serve God are eying large crowds and magnificent Church auditoria. They do not want to be faithful in small things like young David before receiving the big ones.

Jesus teaches that God commends faithfulness, especially in little things. Christians are not called to be successful but to be faithful and fruitful. Remember the widow's mite. It was little, but greatly valued.

Challenge: "Christians are called to be faithful."

Prayer: "I will serve thee faithfully, o Lord."

Quote: "Remember the widow's mite."

Further reading: Matthew 25:14-30

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2017

FAITH BEFORE FULFILLMENT
TEXT: ROMANS 4:20

"He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God" (Romans 4:20).

In his commentary on Psalm 56:4, C. H. Spurgeon wrote in The Treasury of David, "Faith brings forth praise. He who can trust will soon sing. God's promise, when fulfilled, is a noble subject for praise, and even before fulfilment it should be the theme of song."

Many of God's saints have proved it to be true. Abraham proved it. He praised God for his descendants as uncountable as the stars in the sky even before his wife conceived! Jehoshaphat also praised God before victory when confronted by enemies that outnumbered his army. There is power in praise. It hastens the fulfilment of the promises of God. It is a superior level of faith that sees the solution even when the problem appears to be adamant.

Are you surrounded by difficult circumstances right now? Have you been struggling to understand why they have come to you? Praise God for what He has brought into your life. God is glorified when he is praised. "Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God" (Psalm 50:23).

https://highereveryday.dclm

Challenge: "Try the key of praise when all else fails."

Prayer: "Praise the Lord, O my soul!"

Quote: "There is power in praise."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Chronicles 20:15-22

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, AUGUST 24, 2017

OUR FOCUS IN FASTING
TEXT: MATTHEW 6:18

"That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly" (Matthew 6:18).

Fasting is an important Christian discipline. It is a means of grace through which the believer draws his attention to things above, adds seriousness to prayers and obtains great and precious promises. Jesus emphatically declared that his disciples would fast. But He warned against abuses and misconducts during fasting. One of the commonest abuses that many exhibit during fasting is fasting for show or fasting to attract attention. Jesus said this is wrong. The utmost purpose of fasting is to glorify our Father which is in heaven. John Wesley warned in his forty-four sermons, "Let us beware of mocking God, of turning our fast, as well as our prayers, into an abomination unto the Lord, by the mixture of any temporal view, particularly by seeking the praise of men."

When you fast, take heed that you keep your focus on the Father. Then you will reap the benefit.

Challenge: "Focus on God and reap the benefit."

Prayer: "Father, my eyes are on you"

Quote: "Beware of mocking God during fast."

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 13:1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2017
Faith Clinic: The Wonder of your Glorious Restoration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA_sQ8shHX0
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2017

THE FORBIDDEN LOOKS YUMMY
TEXT: GENESIS 3:6A

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat" (Genesis 3:6a).

Have you heard of The Forbidden Fruit Hypothesis? It states that "unobtainable or forbidden things and people appear more appealing to humans." It all began with Eve. She had an unusual fascination for the forbidden fruit. She longed for it, craved it and constantly visited the tree. And the Devil met her right under the tree and opened her eyes to see the attraction and desirability of the forbidden fruit. The story has not changed. Every school boy or girls knows the reality of this phenomenon. And the Old Serpent is still in the business of drawing the attention of teenagers to the glamour of the illicit and prohibited. "Stolen water is sweet," he tells them. "Try a little puff, take a little bite, have a little sip and indulge in a little romp."

Please, don't you believe him. He is a liar. Remember, "Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel" (Proverbs 20:17).

Challenge: "Avoid the Forbidden Fruit."

Prayer: "Lead me not into temptation, oh God"

Quote: "Bread of deceit is sweet."

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 4:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, AUGUST 26, 2017

WATER BAPTISM: A NECESSITY
TEXT: MARK 16:16

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned" (Mark 16:16).

Are you a believer in Christ's redemption but reluctant to be baptized? Do you have many unanswered questions with regards to the necessity of water baptism? You are not alone. Many young people are in your shoes. Here are some simple answers to your questions. Water baptism is an ordinance of the Lord by which those who have repented and come to faith express their union with Christ in His death and resurrection, by being immersed in water in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus considered water baptism important. He did not begin His public ministry until He presented Himself for water baptism and commanded His disciples to baptize those who believed. Some of the reasons for water baptism are: (i) It is a mark of discipleship (ii) It is a public declaration of identification with Christ (iii) It signifies our death, burial and resurrection to a new life (iv) It is a mark of obedience to Christ's command (v) It shows our connection with the Church, the body of Christ.

Challenge: "Water baptism is a mark of discipleship."

Prayer: "Lord, I submit to your ordinance"

Quote: "Water baptism is an ordinance."

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 28:18-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, AUGUST 27, 2017

PRAYER REQUEST OF A PREACHER
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 4:3

"Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds" (Colossians 4:3).

Paul and Silas came to Philippi to preach Christ. They had an initial success with the conversion of Lydia and her household. Then, following the healing of a young girl with a familiar spirit, there arose a mighty persecution and Paul and Silas were cast into the prison. The door of the gospel was closed. Then at midnight, as Paul and Silas prayed and sang, there was an earthquake and the prison doors were opened. Then another miracle took place. The jailor and his household were converted. The door of the gospel was opened again. Paul, the Apostle desired such miracles. He prayed for it constantly and requested that others pray for him too "that God would open unto us a door of utterance."

The door of the gospel is closed in many countries today by regulations, in many communities by restrictions and to individuals by rejection. Preachers appear to be making little headway in the field of evangelism. We need to pray for preachers. And we have a prayer point today: May God give preachers open doors of utterance.

Challenge: "The door of the gospel is closing."

Prayer: "Lord, help me to pray for preachers"

Quote: "We need to pray for preachers."

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 16: 16-34

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, AUGUST 28, 2017

SERVE WELL
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 3:22

"Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eye service, as men pleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God" (Colossians 3:22).

Service is a privilege. There are two kinds of servants described in our text today "bad servants who serve poorly and good servants who serve well. Bad servants are" 'men pleasers' and offer 'eye service.' Like the Pharisees of old, they love the praises and approvals of men. They do their good work to be seen by men. On the other hand, good servants are God pleasers and seek only the approval of God. They serve men in singleness of mind in order to please God. We have many opportunities to serve in one capacity or another. We may be called to service at home or in the Church; we may be privileged to serve in the school or in the community. Some of us may be called to serve the nation.

Remember, a Christian is a good servant. And it has well been said that one of the supreme tests of godliness is what a Christian does - and does not do - when he is alone. Serve well wherever you serve and be a 'God pleaser' and not 'men pleasers'.

Challenge: "Good servants are God pleasers."

Prayer: "Lord, help me to serve well"

Quote: "A Christian is a good servant."

Bible Reading in one Year: Ephesians 6:5-9

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2017

TRUE CIRCUMCISION
TEXT: ROMANS 2:29

"But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God" (Romans 2:29).

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says that the benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks. Some of these benefits include easier hygiene, decreased risk of urinary tract infections, decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections (including HIV), prevention of penile problems and decreased risk of penile cancer (and cervical cancer in the female partner). Circumcision is enjoined on the Jews as a token of the Abrahamic Covenant and it is a reproach for an Israelite to be uncircumcised. The New Testament however has a different perspective on circumcision. Whatever health benefits it is purported to have, circumcision is only a religious ritual with no moral or spiritual benefit. A circumcised body and a sinful heart are at odds with each other.

The only true circumcision is that of the heart 'the removal of the foreskin of the heart' (Deuteronomy 10:16). A circumcised heart is a purified heart. It is a heart cleansed from sin and defilement by the blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit of God. Seek true circumcision today.

Challenge: "True circumcision is heart purity."

Prayer: "Lord, purify my heart"

Quote: "Seek true circumcision today."

Bible Reading in one Year: Colossians 2:10-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 30, 2017

CARE FOR YOUNGER SIBLINGS
TEXT: EXODUS 2:7

"Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?" (Exodus 2:7).

"My sister is 6 years old. I must look after her. And after school, I must go to fetch firewood at the veld. It is not that far. My sister must come with me on my back because there is no one to watch her when I go - My sister and I cook and clean. I don't have parents, it's just me and my sister." This was written by Aphiwe, a 13-year-old girl who suddenly became the head of the home when both parents of hers were snatched away by HIV / AIDS.

It is your duty to care for your younger siblings too. Here are tips on how to do this: (i) Build a healthy relationship with your siblings. Sibling rivalry, though common, should be avoided. (ii) Know what your parents expect of you for your siblings. (iii) Watch over your siblings in your parents' absence. (iv) Have a list of emergency phone numbers to call, including those of your parents. (iv) Ensure your siblings eat regularly. (vi) Always put yourself in their shoes. All these are possible if you give your life to Christ.

Challenge: "Caring for younger siblings is a duty."

Prayer: "I need your grace, dear Lord to care"

Quote: "Put yourself in their shoes."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Corinthians 12:22-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2017

YOUTHS IN FAMILY BUSINESS
TEXT: EXODUS 2:16

"Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters: and they came and drew water, and filled the troughs to water their father's flock" (Exodus 2:16).

Lee Kun Hee helped grow his father's company, Samsung Group into a global conglomerate. He is chairman of the flagship business, Samsung Electronics, while his son (and expected successor) Jay Y. Lee is vice chairman. Daughters, Boo-Jin and Seo-Hyun, also hold executive roles within the firm. It is estimated that around one-third of all companies in US are family controlled, and account for 60% of jobs!

However, one of the biggest challenges to family business is succession. Only about 20 per cent of family-owned businesses in the UK make it to the third generation. One of the reasons for this failure of transition is less inclination of younger generation to join the family business. Experts suggest that one way to overcome this apathy in the youths is to get them involved in the family business early in their lives. By doing this, they develop the skills and competencies needed to take the family business to the next level.

Youths, get involved in your parents' business! Get involved in God's business!

Challenge: "Success without succession is failure."

Prayer: "O God, help me to be and give my best"

Quote: "Get involved in your parents' business."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Samuel 17:12-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
Unveiling the SEPTEMBER 2017 Edition of the Christian Women Mirror Magazine (BALANCED by NATURE). Make haste to get your copy.

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
National Youth Success Camp (23rd August, 2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbgbyZbntgU
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Sep 01, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2017

STATE OF HANDS AND HEART
TEXT: PSALM 24:4

"He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully" (Psalm 24:4).

Breaking News from BBC: American Airlines pilot died mid-flight from heart attack. Captain Michael Johnston, 57, was flying the plane with 147 passengers and five crew on board from Phoenix to Boston when he "passed away while at work," reported the airline - October 6, 2016. The captain had double heart bypass surgery in 2006. This is what becomes of a sick heart - frequent disappointment, unpredictable disaster and sudden death. The Bible predicted a more sinister catastrophe for a sick heart - exclusion from heaven and eternal misery in the Lake of Fire.

That was the answer David got from our text. The opposite of a sick heart is a pure heart. A clean hand and a pure heart refer to a life cleansed with the blood of the Lamb and sanctified by the Spirit of grace. It is a life free from the contaminations of sin and pollutions of the world. How are you, friend? What is the state of your hands and heart?

Challenge: "The state of the heart determines future destiny."

Prayer: "Create in me a clean heart, O Lord"

Quote: "A pure heart is free from contamination."

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 51:1-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
National Youth Success Camp Day 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GKCbPqsFUA
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2017

CONFESSED SINS ARE CLEANSED
TEXT: PSALM 25:7

"Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness'sake, O LORD" (Psalm 25:7).

All unrighteousness is sin. So declares the Holy Book. But why is David bothered about the sins of his youth? Why did he remember his youthful follies and youthful lusts, his rebellion, stubbornness and mischief? It is because sometimes the sins of youth are remembered by God and punished in old age. According to C. H. Spurgeon, "Those offenses which we remember with repentance, God forgets, but if we forget them, justice will bring them forth to punishment."

Therefore, the prayer of David is in order. Old sins should be remembered and confessed. But what happens after sins are repented of and confessed? They should be forgotten because they are cleansed and blotted away. The record is gone. Yes, David, they are gone forever! Hear the word of God, thou penitent child of God, "I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee" (Isaiah 44:22). Take God at His word. Confessed sins are cleansed.

Challenge: "God will forget the sins I remembered."

Prayer: "I praise you Lord, for my sins are all gone."

Quote: "The record is gone."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 John 1:6-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2017

BELIEVE AND BECOME
TEXT: 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Lee Strobel was an atheistic journalist with the Chicago Tribune. When his wife became a Christian, he set out on a skeptical investigation of the Christian faith-but ended up becoming a Christian. God changed his life. Over time his character, values, attitude, priorities, worldview, philosophy, and relationships began to change-for the good. So much so that a few months after he became a follower of Jesus, his five-year-old daughter, Alison, who had previously only known a father who had been profane, angry, verbally harsh, drunken, and all too often absent, walked up to his wife and said, "Mommy, I want God to do for me what He's done for daddy."

When sinners repent and surrender to Jesus the sinful nature is removed from the heart and Christ's nature is formed within. The sinner is not mended but made new. The heart is not refurbished but a new heart is implanted. Conversion brings a change so clear, complete and noticeable to all and sundry.

Challenge: "Have you experienced a new nature in Christ?"

Prayer: "Create in me a clean heart, O God."

Quote: "The sinner is not mended but made new."

Bible Reading in one Year: John 3:1-5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2017

BLOWING YOUR OWN TRUMPET
TEXT: PROVERBS 27:2

"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips" (Proverbs 27:2).

The battle cry of that legendry boxer, Mohammed Ali, was, "I am the greatest!" Ken Norton, eventually beat Muhammad Ali, breaking Ali's jaw and sending him to the hospital in their 1973 heavyweight fight. To blow ones trumpet is to sing ones praise, to tell everyone proudly about ones achievements. This attitude stems out of a proud heart with the intention to draw attention to one-self. The maxim "blow your trumpet lest it gets rust" is unbecoming of a child of God. The Bible condemns this attitude. Therefore, a child of God must act humbly at the peak of success.

There is no room for bragging or showing off. Whatever feat is achieved (winning a competition, obtaining scholarships, performing excellently in examinations) all glory should be ascribed to the Lord. When commended, we are to maintain a lowly disposition. Avoid pride, folly, and self-love which damage a man's reputation. If you are boastful, you need Christ's salvation. He will save you now if you call upon Him. Avoid self-praise. Let your works praise you.

Challenge: "Self-praise can destroy."

Prayer: "Oh God, steer me away from the spirit of pride, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Avoid self-praise."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Corinthians 10:17, 18

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by Gravas(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
Blowing one's trumpet has become a trend these days. When a person performs a charitable act such as assisting flood victims, you will read or hear about it in the news. This is sad.
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
Gravas:

Blowing one's trumpet has become a trend these days. When a person performs a charitable act such as assisting flood victims, you will read or hear about it in the news. This is sad.

I remember songs in social gatherings that say "Everybody blow your trumpet." There is a thin line between blowing one's trumpet and modesty. Someone said "Self promotion should not be about puffing yourself up but rather stating the truth about your achievements with poise and confidence." One should be courageous but not pompous when promoting the gospel truth. May the Lord help us to strike a balance. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.