Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts (1376709 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2017
In these last day's already we are seeing chances in the Church structures-slowly but surely, we are seeing chances in the body of Christ.
QLAADEGBU
I pray you have an open mind-and you allow yourself to listen to Paul Washer, this man is a true man of God, he can preach-he surely can preach the gospel, I pray the Lord sends faithful men to every nation, "Pastors that preach the glory of the Lord as well as this Pastor does, the world can only be a better place to live in.
Thank you Lord-you gave this man the ability to preach the truth, thank you Lord you have given this man the Word of God that had penetrated through this soul, through courage, strength, wisdom-and knowledge this man stands up on the pulpit having no shame that God had sent him to preach God's message to the Church..
It really makes a man think after listening to God speaking through this Preacher to a believer.
Are we really saved, do we really walk with God? How do we know we are saved-is it, because someone told us we are saved, some believe once saved always saved, how can this be, are Christians saved to live in sin all the rest of their lives?
I understood what this meant about one knowing if one is saved-the Lord had witnessed to me through the Word, I had read the bible time and time again, not realising what it actually meant, until I cried out to God, His Spirit opened up my eye's and I could see the Word of God living through me, my eye's are opened, and the Spirit of the lord-helps me see-His Word growing in me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX_OBXg2Df0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8OR61p-gbU
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2017

HOLD FAST TO GOD'S WORD
TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 1:13

"Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 1:13).

In tough times caused by persecution, economic hardship and religious conflicts, some Christians get discouraged. This leads to backsliding and sometimes, a falling away from the faith. This was the situation when Paul was writing to Timothy. He had to remind him to 'hold fast to the form of sound words' which he had taught him before. No patient would abandon his doctor's medical prescription and expect to get well.

God's word is the Christian's anchor in the stormy sea of life. Adam Clarke wrote, "God gives, in his mercy to man, a form of sound words or doctrines, a perfect plan and sketch of the original building, fair and well defined outlines of everything which concerns the present and eternal welfare of man and his own glory." Let us keep to God's plan.

When Korah, Dathan and Abiram rejected God's sound word through Moses, they perished. And when Demas left Apostle Paul and the sound word, he became an apostate in Thessalonica. No matter what other youths are doing today, never give up on God's sound word. Those who do will perish eternally.

Challenge: "God's sound word provide eternal hope"

Prayer: "Help me, O God to hold fast your sound word, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Never give up on God's sound word"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Timothy: 2: 14-19

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2017

IDOLATRY FORBIDDEN
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 5:7

"Thou shalt have none other gods before me" (Deuteronomy 5:7).

Matthew Henry rightly opined that, "The sin we are most in danger of is giving the glory and honour to any creature which are due to God only. Pride makes a god of self, covetousness makes a god of money, sensuality makes a god of their belly; whatever is esteemed or loved, feared or served, delighted in or depended on, more than God, that (whatever it is) we do in effect make a god of." How free are you from idolatry?

Are you not giving the honour due to God to somebody? If you are proud of your beauty, talents, intellect, family background and achievement instead of giving the honour to God, that is idolatry. Examine yourself. What do you esteem, fear or depend on, more than God? Has your devotion to the internet, mobile phone, games and pleasure of the flesh taken God's place in your life?

Remember, Gideon was bold enough to destroy idols set up by his father but could not destroy his own idol (ephod), which became a snare to him. Pull down your self-made idol today before it destroys you.

Challenge: "Destroy your self-made idol now"

Prayer: "Lord, show me all the secret idols that I need to destroy."

Quote: "How free are you from idolatry?"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 KING 18:1-4

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2017
I like the way you say this.
Matthew Henry rightly opined that, "The sin we are most in danger of is giving the glory and honour to any creature which are due to God only. Pride makes a god of self, covetousness makes a god of money, sensuality makes a god of their belly; whatever is esteemed or loved, feared or served, delighted in or depended on, more than God, that (whatever it is) we do in effect make a god of." How free are you from idolatry?
And yet you are in the middle of it all..Quote "covetousness makes a god of money, sensuality makes a god of their belly; whatever is esteemed or loved, and you preach on tithes, the love of money doctrine. Do I need to say anymore?
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
brocab:

I like the way you say this.
And yet you are in the middle of it all..Quote "covetousness makes a god of money, sensuality makes a god of their belly; whatever is esteemed or loved, and you preach on tithes, the love of money doctrine. Do I need to say anymore?

It is a pity that you can't see that you are the one that is fixated on money. All your message seems to focus on money. Jesus said we cannot serve God and mammon (Matthew 6:24), that is, we cannot trust God and money. Can't you see that your constant talk about money shows you how "covetousness makes a god of money"? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
Tithing is about money, that you yourself enjoy to preach out in the open. It seems you haven't been paying attention, why I am here, since it isn't written anywhere in bible literature, you seem to believe tithing is scriptural.
And we can't worship God and Mammon at the same time, but it doesn't stop you trying to put it out there, calling in the poor to tithe 10% every week from their last meal resort.
Do I have to explain it to you too-all my message are about Prosperity preachers, prosperity preachers preaching tithes across the pulpit, like you, and you call me out, claiming, I also worship after your mammon god in tithes and offerings..
Shame on you..
OLAADEGBU:

It is a pity that you can't see that you are the one that is fixated on money. All your message seems to focus on money. Jesus said we cannot serve God and mammon (Matthew 6:24), that is, we cannot trust God and money. Can't you see that your constant talk about money shows you how "covetousness makes a god of money"? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Nov 16, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2017

MERCY THROUGH GOD'S FEAR
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 24:10

"Behold, this day thine eyes have seen how that the LORD had delivered thee to day into mine hand in the cave: and some bade me kill thee: but mine eye spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my lord; for he is the LORD's anointed" (1 Samuel 24:10).

Mercy is a virtue, the act of being kind or forgiving, especially to somebody that one has power over. "If a man find his enemy, will he let him go well away?" declared King Saul who set out to kill David but was at last at David's mercy. Yes, David had a great opportunity to kill king Saul, but showed him mercy because of the fear of God in him. A sinful, godless man will never show mercy to his enemy, only a God fearing man will do.

As you read through this devotional, examine yourself whether you are merciful or not. Would you say that you are truly kind and forgiving? How do you treat those who offend you? Do you show mercy to those who are poor or have some forms of physical challenge? Jesus touched the blind, the lame and the lepers and took care of their problems. He even prayed for those who crucified Him. You can be like Jesus in showing mercy. True Christians take no delight in insulting people, fighting or killing their enemies.

Challenge: "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy"

Prayer: "Help me to show mercy as you did to your enemies, O Lord."

Quote: "You can be like Jesus in showing mercy"

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 26:50-53

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2017

PATH TO EXCELLENCE
TEXT: JOSHUA 1:8

"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night,...: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous and then thou shalt have good success" (Joshua 1:8.).

We are looking at the way of achieving excellence today. Excellence is the quality of being superior or outstanding in something, such as examination performance.

Our text talks about success which is really the achievement of what is planned or attempted. Good success is similar to excellence. Our text says that excellence, good success or prosperity comes through: (a) speaking God's word of faith in your mouth and not the words of fear (b) meditating on God's word and obeying it. You see, God's word is powerful.

When He wanted to create the world, He spoke it into existence. When Peter heard the word of Christ that he should move his boat into the deep water and let down the nets, and he obeyed, he moved from failure to good success. Matthew Henry said: "Those that make the word of God their rule, and conscientiously walk by that rule shall both do well and speed well." Do you want good success? Addict yourself to God's word; read, memorise, meditate on it.

Challenge: "Make the word of God your rule"

Prayer: "Let your word be the compass of my life, Lord."

Quote: "Addict yourself to God's word"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Kings 22:8-20

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
To God be the Glory! We have the pleasure to present to you, the December 2017 Edition of the Christian Women Mirror magazine (IF YOU MISS IT...)! Make haste to get your copies! ...IT'S THE MAGAZINE THAT BUILDS GODLY WOMEN AND HOMES!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Christian-Women-Mirror-Magazine-741596849232822/

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2017

PUT ON YOUR ARMOUR
TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:13

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand" (Ephesians 6:13).

No matter how physically powerful a soldier is, if he is poorly kitted out, he could easily be defeated by a well-armed soldier. This was the sorry situation of Asahel. Among the thirty mighty men of David was Asahel the brother of Joab. He became one of the foremost Captains of David's army (1 Chronicles 27:7). However, he seemed not to care about armour. Even when his opponent, Abner, pointed the urgent need for one, he still did not care (2 Samuel 2:18-23). He wanted to defeat Abner, the commander of Saul's army but he was not kitted with the full armour.

Our text admonishes us to take the whole armour of God and further provides a list of what constitute a complete armour. They include: truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (the word of God). Going out today without any of these pieces of the armour amounts to following Captain Asahel's footstep. You are warring against the army of Satan and there is no victory without your full spiritual armour.

Challenge: "Take the whole, not part of God's armour"

Prayer: "Help me Lord, to obey this important command."

Quote: "No victory without your full spiritual armour"

Bible Reading in one Year: Ephesians 6:13-18

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2017
Of course I know you aren't informing me about this magazine, but to be honest If I couldn't get what I need out of the bible, then I wouldn't find it at all.
This may be out of your league, and obviously I am sure you know the ropes-but hopefully it may help you a little-everything that side tracks somebody away from the Lord, is idolatry.
"You mentioned Facebook do you realise this is as bad as M/B phones, even Television Can play the game, these are sure ways to draw believers further away from the Lord, the time these women spend on these suites, they haven't any time left in the day, to even think about the Lord, let alone read the Word of God.
They clean the house, they drop and pick up the Children from school, pick up the grocery's, and prepare meals from drawn to evening, and you are advertising the Mirror magazines, if the Word can't bring them closer to God, you have no chance, trying to arrange another way.
One may ask, do the Godly women live in Paper houses?
Is QLAABECBU a business organisation, so obviously its the Church. So if you don't mind sharing your name, what does it stand for?
OLAADEGBU:
To God be the Glory! We have the pleasure to present to you, the December 2017 Edition of the Christian Women Mirror magazine (IF YOU MISS IT...)! Make haste to get your copies! ...IT'S THE MAGAZINE THAT BUILDS GODLY WOMEN AND HOMES!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Christian-Women-Mirror-Magazine-741596849232822/
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2017
brocab:

Of course I know you aren't informing me about this magazine, but to be honest If I couldn't get what I need out of the bible, then I wouldn't find it at all.
This may be out of your league, and obviously I am sure you know the ropes-but hopefully it may help you a little-everything that side tracks somebody away from the Lord, is idolatry.
"You mentioned Facebook do you realise this is as bad as M/B phones, even Television Can play the game, these are sure ways to draw believers further away from the Lord, the time these women spend on these suites, they haven't any time left in the day, to even think about the Lord, let alone read the Word of God.
They clean the house, they drop and pick up the Children from school, pick up the grocery's, and prepare meals from drawn to evening, and you are advertising the Mirror magazines, if the Word can't bring them closer to God, you have no chance, trying to arrange another way.
One may ask, do the Godly women live in Paper houses?
Is QLAABECBU a business organisation, so obviously its the Church. So if you don't mind sharing your name, what does it stand for?

My friend, find something better to do with your time. Why do you want to die before your time? undecided

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 11:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
{Psalm 118:26} Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Thanks to the organisation of QLAADEGBU-If I died with Christ, I shall live with Christ {2 Timothy 2:11}
Thank you for a well respected gratitude, my spirit was lifted with joy with words of encouragement below.
{Mark 16:15} Jesus said go out unto all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Nothing surprises me, people claiming they are Christians! "Damaging sites do cause our local communities problems, Facebook is known to do such, but not with you? Since you prefer to hang with sites such as these, than a little rumor here or there, wouldn't penetrate through your religious background, but you don't care, about that, even if it could do a lot of damage-especially around the youth.
So does this mean its a "No" you aren't going to share with me, what organisation QLAADEGBU actually stands for?
Does anyone in QLAADEGBU know the Word of God, because every page is copied, "one of your members still practices the watchtower, surprisingly that this organisation is focused on money in tithes and offerings, and plenty of it.
This will turn every bodies head around, this information is written out from the watchtower magazines?
Quote>It is good that we don't have to deceive ourselves. The fact that you said that you serve the lord (notice the lord with the lower case), that is definitely different from the Lord (with the upper case) that I serve. I again stress that you serve mammon who is your lord as you cannot serve the God (Lord) and mammon (lord).
This is watchtower information.
But I do like this one the most-Quote>Covetousness is the idol that prevents many religious people from serving the true God. Godliness with contentment is great gain. When God eventually conquers your heart let your wallet be conquered too, don't lose eternity because of it.
Tithers won't lose eternity because they tithe through the law, can the law save you certainly not. {Galatians 3:21}
OLAADEGBU:

My friend, find something better to do with your time. Why do you want to die before your time? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40am On Nov 19, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2017

RESPECT YOUR PARENTS
TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:2

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with a promise" (Ephesians 6:2).

He was so outwardly handsome that he was called, beautiful. He was a bold, talented, and celebrated prince. However, he had some terrible character flaws: he was malicious, crafty, had no regard for his father and harboured hatred for him for many years. He actually conspired with people and led a bloody rebellion against his father. His name was Absalom, King David's son. Yet, when he died violently in the battle, David wept like a baby saying, "O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! Would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!" The depth of a parent's love is unfathomable.

According to Beecher, "There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parents for the child." God's command to children is to honour their parents, as seen in our text above. Considering the burden parents bear to nurture and nourish their children to maturity and the associated mental and physical pains they may suffer, children must honour them by obedience, diligence, and good behaviour. Children who are born again can respect their parents. Are you? .

Challenge: "Please, respect your parents"

Prayer: "Lord, forgive my sin of disobedience to my parents."

Quote: "Children must honour them by obedience"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Samuel 16: 21-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 5:33am On Nov 19, 2017
No..I will not respect the dead.
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2017

RESPECT YOUR PARENTS
TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:2

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with a promise" (Ephesians 6:2).

He was so outwardly handsome that he was called, beautiful. He was a bold, talented, and celebrated prince. However, he had some terrible character flaws: he was malicious, crafty, had no regard for his father and harboured hatred for him for many years. He actually conspired with people and led a bloody rebellion against his father. His name was Absalom, King David's son. Yet, when he died violently in the battle, David wept like a baby saying, "O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! Would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!" The depth of a parent's love is unfathomable.

According to Beecher, "There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parents for the child." God's command to children is to honour their parents, as seen in our text above. Considering the burden parents bear to nurture and nourish their children to maturity and the associated mental and physical pains they may suffer, children must honour them by obedience, diligence, and good behaviour. Children who are born again can respect their parents. Are you? .

Challenge: "Please, respect your parents"

Prayer: "Lord, forgive my sin of disobedience to my parents."

Quote: "Children must honour them by obedience"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Samuel 16: 21-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
brocab:

Did you bury them when they died? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by engineerboat(m): 11:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
brocab:

you donts want to respect your parent.

if I may ask, did they offend you
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 12:48am On Nov 20, 2017
When my parents were alive I respected them, but now they had passed, leaving me with memories, they lived, and accomplish their purpose, and now it's my turn to live mine.
engineerboat:

you donts want to respect your parent.

if I may ask, did they offend you
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 12:53am On Nov 20, 2017
"Cremated" My parents had left me with memories, It makes no difference to those who are gone and buried without knowing the Lord, if you choose to respect the dead, what do you expect the dead to do for you?
I choose not to respect the Spirituality dead, I choose to respect the Spirituality living in Christ.
So what is my story telling you, Spirituality thinking let the dead, bury the dead.
{Revelation 14:13} And I heard a voice from heaven saying blessed are the dead, who die in the Lord from now on, Blessed indeed says the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours for their deeds followed them..{Revelation tells us blessed are the dead who are in Christ}
People come and go, now it's our turn to continual living, to the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only the truth.
{Philippians 1:3} I thank my God in all my remembrance of you.
{I am left with memories, that my parents had once lived.}
OLAADEGBU:

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2017

THE FAITH OF ABRAHAM
TEXT: HEBREWS 11:8

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went" (Hebrews 11:8 ).

After 62 years of answering the call to possess the land that God promised to give to him and his seed, he was still bargaining for a portion of land to bury his wife, Sarah. Would a religious critic not make a mockery of such obedience of faith? Well hear Evans' reply, "Faith is not a sense, nor sight, nor reason, but a taking of God at His word." Abraham did and was blessed. Abraham is the father of faith. The foundation of his faith was in a divine call to move from the familiar to the unfamiliar terrain. He walked with God when he did not know his way out.

However he knew his Guide. As a commentator put it, "He lived in Canaan not as an heir but as a sojourner. He did not serve an ejectment, or raise a war against the old inhabitants to dispossess them but contented himself to live as a stranger and bore their contention patiently." But interestingly, Abraham became blessed on earth and eternity. What an example for all heaven bound pilgrims!

Challenge: "Follow the faith of Abraham"

Prayer: "Help me God, to follow the faith of Abraham."

Quote: "Abraham became blessed on earth and in eternity"

Bible Reading in one Year: Genesis 12:1-7

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
Did I bury them when they died? undecided "No".
OLAADEGBU:

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2017

WHERE IS YOUR FAITH?
TEXT: LUKE 8:25

"And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! For he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him" (Luke 8:25).

When a Christian thinks that he is exercising faith but no good result is seen, he becomes baffled. It is even more so when other believers are achieving success with their faith and are encouraging him to apply faith as if he was not. Well, this does not call for worry but to simply continue to pray and trust until the answer comes. Hear what an apostle of faith, George Mueller said, "The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of faith is the end of anxiety." Fear and anxiety seized the hearts and minds of Jesus' disciples when the storm hit. Jesus noticed it, solved the problem and later queried them, "Where is your faith?"

Faith should be your life companion and insurance against challenges. When you lose your faith, storms, raging waves and wind have a field day. Where is your faith? Challenges become problems and eventually snowball into crisis situations if not confronted with faith. Your Christian experiences, beginning with salvation, and the word of God, help to build and grow your faith.

Challenge: "Confront your challenge with your faith"

Prayer: "Lord, activate and update my faith."

Quote: "Faith should be your life companion"

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 14: 22-32

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2017

TRIFLE NOT WITH QUIET TIME
TEXT: MARK 1:35

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed" (Mark 1:35).

To trifle is to treat something without seriousness or respect. And that is what some youths do with their quiet time. They observe the quiet time while still lying on the bed, half awake and half asleep. Others try to cope with the sound of background music while yet others get distracted by checking for recent messages from the chat group in the social media. Learn from Jesus today. When it was time for the quiet time, he rose up and went out. He found a solitary place. And when he got there, he did the most important business of the day. He prayed.

The quiet time is a serious time for preparation for the day. It is a time to renew strength and receive vision for the activities of the day. It is a time of fellowship and communion with the Heavenly Father. It is a time of feeding on God's word and receiving spiritual nourishment for spiritual growth. It is a time too precious to be wasted. Do not trifle with quiet time. "He who kneels the most stands best," says Dwight L. Moody.

Challenge: "Do not trifle with quiet time"

Prayer: "O God, help me to be an early riser."

Quote: "Jesus rose up and went out to pray"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 5: 1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2017

KITTENS GROW INTO CATS
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 13:11

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things" (1 Corinthians 13:11).

The youth age is the age of transition from childhood to adulthood, from childishness to maturity. A growing youth is expected to mature in all directions — physically, intellectually, emotionally, psychologically, socially and spiritually. Immaturity implies that a youth has failed to transit. He has got stuck at one stage and is making the same mistakes over and over again. Such a youth has a closed mind and is not open to change.

It is time to make progress, boy. It is time to put away childish things and grow into maturity. Maturity takes time. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes education. You have to expose yourself to instructions and guidance. It takes association. Learn wisdom by associating with the wise. It takes reading. Yes, reading makes a ready man. Maturity takes experience. You must learn from your experience and the experiences of others.

Finally, maturity takes prayer, meditation and spirituality. If you doubt this, ask the Psalmist. "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation" (Psalm 119:99).

Challenge: "It is time to make progress"

Prayer: "My God, empower me to put away childish things."

Quote: "Mature in all directions"

Bible Reading in one Year: Hebrews 6: 1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQF0QYKsrEU
I pray one day these preachers will return everything they have stolen from the poor, before their judgement day..
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
brocab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQF0QYKsrEU
I pray one day these preachers will return everything they have stolen from the poor, before their judgement day..

You will never find him requesting for tithes and offerings at crusades, adherents can testify to the fact that multitudes are rather accommodated and fed during their 3 days retreat. My advice to you is to keep your tithes what God needs is that you rather listen to the videoclip you posted and get delivered from the power of darkness and be transported into the Kingdom of God. smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 1:41am On Nov 24, 2017
Now since you mentioned it, I found this copy, and really it doesn't matter where your pastor preaches tithes-he preaches it.
And you can keep your bad advise to yourself, and enjoy your blessings from it..
I only offered to pray for these preachers, obviously praying for them, offends you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPT4U_aMrgA
OLAADEGBU:

You will never find him requesting for tithes and offerings at crusades, adherents can testify to the fact that multitudes are rather accommodated and fed during their 3 days retreat. My advice to you is to keep your tithes what God needs is that you rather listen to the videoclip you posted and get delivered from the power of darkness and be transported into the Kingdom of God. smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51am On Nov 24, 2017
brocab:

Now since you mentioned it, I found this copy, and really it doesn't matter where your pastor preaches tithes-he preaches it.
And you can keep your bad advise to yourself, and enjoy your blessings from it..

I only offered to pray for these preachers, obviously praying for them offends you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPT4U_aMrgA

Wrong. That was a teaching to those who were already in the Kingdom of God. You need to get into the Kingdom first to know your rights before you begin to become contentious about money matters. smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 4:13am On Nov 24, 2017
I already know we believe in two different covenants, and you could never finish the race in time, behind door number {1} "Sin" behind tithing is used as the transgression of law {1 John 3:4} any law! 'And in the Bible, the use of the word "Sin" has to do with violating any law of God that God has given for people to observe.
God has given certain positive laws to particular people to perform as well as certain negative laws telling people to refrain from practicing particular deeds.
When one breaks any of these laws that God has ordained for certain people to do {things to perform or not to perform} that person is reckoned to be "sinning."
With this being the definition of "sin," {There are multitudes of preachers, priests, evangelists who are "sinning" on a daily basis in regard to their use} (or better yet, their misuse or their abuse) of the biblical tithe.
There is nothing more clear in the Bible than the teaching of God about the ordained tithe.
The Bible shows who were to pay the tithe, who were to receive the tithe, the types of products that were to be tithed, who was not to tithe, how the tithe was to be used, along with regulations that gave limitations and restrictions on its use, yet these laws of God are being violated wholesale by preachers, priests, evangelists and theologians who want a ready money supply for their religious or church work, In doing so, they are deliberately committing outright "sin," and its people like you who are supporting such..
The truth is, these religious men and women are often quite aware of what the ordained tithe of the Bible was designed to accomplish and to whom the produce or monies were to be paid, but these modern religious authorities have, in many cases, abandoned all sense of God’s directions and laws regarding the biblical tithe and they have appropriated those funds to themselves and for their own use in ways that the Bible never sanctions.
Indeed, it is common in ministerial circles and among the church denominations for the religious authorities to demand the full biblical tithe from church members.
Some authorities even threaten the plagues of God on those of their congregation if they fail to pay the tithe either in part or in full, 'other ministers use the tactic of producing guilt in people’s minds through their sermons in order to extract the tithe from their congregations, It even has become a common notion among many Christian denominational teachings that the matter of exacting tithe from the people is a cardinal responsibility of the ministry in order to "Gain Money" to operate the Church and its activities.
But this is wrong, It is not biblical, And worse, it is "sinful."
Now don’t crucify me yet, but It is perfectly proper to have funds given to religious organizations {even generously if people so desire} in order for them to perform the works God has given them to do.
People who are members of a Church or a religious group that is doing a good work in teaching the Gospel, or is providing a worthwhile service to the community, then the Church should be supported by some of its members.
The Bible has a clear and easily understood manner in which the teaching of the Gospel ought to be supported {and funded adequately} and all people who subscribe to those teachings should have their part in financing it, but in no way should the ordained tithe of the Bible be used {in the slightest capacity} in providing that support.
That is what we are talking about. In simple terms, the biblical tithe should not be the means that Christian and/or Jewish religious organizations obtain their funds with which to function.
Indeed, if a church or a synagogue uses such tithe, everyone who is party to such a scheme is sinning in the eyes of God!
These are strong words {And they may be shocking to someone like you who haven't studied the Scripture on the matter of tithing}.
OLAADEGBU:

Wrong. That was a teaching to those who were already in the Kingdom of God. You need to get into the Kingdom first to know your rights before you begin to become contentious about money matters. smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2017

FAITHFUL CHILDREN GAIN FAVOURS
TEXT: HOSEA 11:1

"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called My son out of Egypt" (Hosea 11:1).

God is faithful and we appreciate this fact when we pray. We like to deal with a God who does what He says and gives what He promises. We also like to deal with people who are reliable and dependable. We want to deal with faithful men and women. God expects faithfulness in his children. Faithfulness is one of the characteristics of the fruit of the Spirit. It is an essential feature of the new creation.

It pays to be faithful. Think of Joseph, the son of Jacob. He was faithful at home and abroad. While a slave in Potiphar's house and a prisoner in Egyptian jail, he remained dependable and reliable. And he was honoured by God. Moses was faithful in all God's house and God spoke with him mouth to mouth. Daniel was faithful in Babylon and he was greatly favoured.

Faithfulness is not optional. It is expected and demanded. We show God our faithfulness by being obedient to His command and committed to His Will.

Challenge: "Faithful Daniel was favoured"

Prayer: "I will be faithful to you, O Lord my God."

Quote: "Faithfulness is not optional"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 106: 1-6

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2017

BENDING TO BACKSLIDING
TEXT: HOSEA 11:7

"And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him" (Hosea 11:7).

Backsliding is neither a strange word nor an uncommon experience. You have heard the word before and you may have experienced the phenomenon too. Who knows, you may even be in such a state right now. God accused His people of frequent backsliding. It affects individuals and it affects congregations. The Church in the wilderness, the Church in the Promised Land and the Church in the New Testament were all guilty of backsliding. Backsliding is turning back to your old ways of life. It means turning away from the Lord and turning back to the world and sin. It is a gradual and progressive process. It starts in a little way but eventually becomes overt.

The first sign of backsliding is spiritual weakness; the heart grows cold and spiritual things are no longer interesting. Then there is worldliness, the very things once rejected become appealing. Finally, there is wickedness and wantonness. Wait a minute! Are you bending to backsliding? I have three words for you today. Repent. Return. Renew.

Challenge: "If you are backslidden; repent"

Prayer: "Oh God, heal my backsliding, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Backsliding is a gradual process"

Bible Reading in one Year: Jeremiah 3:6-15

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.