Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Love Not The World (1382898 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2017

SANCTIFICATION NEEDED
TEXT: EZEKIEL 36:26

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26).

William Ames declared, "Sanctification is the real change in man from the sordidness of sin to the purity of God's image." The carnal desire for position by the two sons of Zebedee and the indignation of the rest revealed that all the apostles, though saved, needed sanctification. Therefore, Jesus prayed for their sanctification in John 17.

When your sin is removed, you need sanctification for the power of sin to be broken and cancelled. If you have obtained peace at salvation, you need sanctification to obtain perfect peace that cannot be understood. Sanctification moves you from intermittent joy to fullness of joy; from love to perfect love; from being pardoned to being purified; from freedom from outward sin to freedom from inward sin. Sanctification makes you righteous and holy in heart. It cleanses you from the quilt and power of sin. Do you now see the need for sanctification? How do you get it? Good news! In our text, God says He will do it. All you need to do is to consecrate and pray for it in faith.

Challenge: "Consecrate and pray for sanctification"

Prayer: "Lord, purify my heart today"

Quote: "God says He will do it"

Bible Reading in one Year: John 17:15-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by oaroloye(m): 5:07pm On May 16, 2017
SHALOM!

Organized Christianity is a fraud, whereby ILLEGAL CLERGY sow the Problems that their Followers have, so that they will look like geniuses for diagnosing and ineffectively-treating them.

. 1st CORINTHIANS 3:1-5.

AND I, Brethren,
could not speak unto you
as unto Spiritual,
but as unto Carnal,
even as unto Babes in Christ.
2 .I have fed you with Milk,
and not with Meat:
for hitherto
ye were not able to bear it,
neither yet now are ye able.
3. For ye are yet Carnal:
for whereas there is among you Envying,
and Strife,
and Divisions,
are ye not Carnal,
and walk as men?
4. For while one saith,

"I AM OF PAUL;"

and another,

"I AM OF APOLLOS;"

are ye not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul,
and who is Apollos,
but ministers by whom ye believed,
even as the Lord gave to every man?

PAUL IS FAMOUS FOR HIS LAMBASTING OF THE CARNAL CHURCH AT CORINTH.

What the Oyinbo Theologians NEVER MENTION, nor their TRAINED PRIMATES impart, is that PAUL HIMSELF SOWED ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH WAS EXPERIENCING. He SAID so in 1st Corinthians 3:2.

. JOHN 6:27-35.

27. "Labour not for the meat which perisheth,
but for that meat which endureth unto Everlasting Life,
which the Son of Man shall give unto you:
for him hath God The Father sealed."
28. Then said they unto him,
"What shall we do,
that we might work the Works of God?"
29. Jesus answered and said unto them,
"This is the Work of God,

'THAT YE BELIEVE ON HIM
WHOM HE HATH SENT.' "

30. They said therefore unto him,
"What Sign shewest thou then,
that we may see, and believe thee?
What dost thou Work?
31. "Our fathers did eat Manna in the desert;
as it is written,

'HE GAVE THEM BREAD FROM HEAVEN TO EAT.' "

32. Then Jesus said unto them,
"Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'MOSES GAVE YOU NOT
THAT BREAD FROM HEAVEN;
BUT MY FATHER GIVETH YOU
THE TRUE BREAD FROM HEAVEN.'

33. "For the Bread of God
is he which cometh down from Heaven,
and giveth Life unto the World."

34. Then said they unto him,
"Lord, evermore give us this Bread."

35. And Jesus said unto them,

"I am The Bread of Life:
he that cometh to me
shall never hunger;
and he that believeth on me
shall never thirst."

PAUL FED THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH WITH "MILK," AND NOT "BREAD," NOR "MEAT," THE WORD OF THE LORD YAHSHUA.
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2017
oaroloye:

SHALOM!

Organized Christianity is a fraud, whereby ILLEGAL CLERGY sow the Problems that their Followers have, so that they will look like geniuses for diagnosing and ineffectively-treating them.

. 1st CORINTHIANS 3:1-5.

AND I, Brethren,
could not speak unto you
as unto Spiritual,
but as unto Carnal,
even as unto Babes in Christ.
2 .I have fed you with Milk,
and not with Meat:
for hitherto
ye were not able to bear it,
neither yet now are ye able.
3. For ye are yet Carnal:
for whereas there is among you Envying,
and Strife,
and Divisions,
are ye not Carnal,
and walk as men?
4. For while one saith,

"I AM OF PAUL;"

and another,

"I AM OF APOLLOS;"

are ye not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul,
and who is Apollos,
but ministers by whom ye believed,
even as the Lord gave to every man?

PAUL IS FAMOUS FOR HIS LAMBASTING OF THE CARNAL CHURCH AT CORINTH.

What the Oyinbo Theologians NEVER MENTION, nor their TRAINED PRIMATES impart, is that PAUL HIMSELF SOWED ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH WAS EXPERIENCING. He SAID so in 1st Corinthians 3:2.

. JOHN 6:27-35.

27. "Labour not for the meat which perisheth,
but for that meat which endureth unto Everlasting Life,
which the Son of Man shall give unto you:
for him hath God The Father sealed."
28. Then said they unto him,
"What shall we do,
that we might work the Works of God?"
29. Jesus answered and said unto them,
"This is the Work of God,

'THAT YE BELIEVE ON HIM
WHOM HE HATH SENT.' "

30. They said therefore unto him,
"What Sign shewest thou then,
that we may see, and believe thee?
What dost thou Work?
31. "Our fathers did eat Manna in the desert;
as it is written,

'HE GAVE THEM BREAD FROM HEAVEN TO EAT.' "

32. Then Jesus said unto them,
"Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'MOSES GAVE YOU NOT
THAT BREAD FROM HEAVEN;
BUT MY FATHER GIVETH YOU
THE TRUE BREAD FROM HEAVEN.'

33. "For the Bread of God
is he which cometh down from Heaven,
and giveth Life unto the World."

34. Then said they unto him,
"Lord, evermore give us this Bread."

35. And Jesus said unto them,

"I am The Bread of Life:
he that cometh to me
shall never hunger;
and he that believeth on me
shall never thirst."

PAUL FED THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH WITH "MILK," AND NOT "BREAD," NOR "MEAT," THE WORD OF THE LORD YAHSHUA.

Bros! Are you alright?
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21am On May 17, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, MAY 17, 2017

TAKING MOUNTAINS
TEXT: JOSHUA 14:12

"Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day" (Joshua 14:12).

"Go and take over that fortress," charged an Army General. The captain replied, "We will see what we can do Sir." The General said, "You are not to see what to do but to take the fortress." Again the captain answered, "We will try Sir." The General fired back in fury, "You are not to try but to take the fortress." Then the captain answered, "I do, Sir." Yes, that is the conquering spirit!

Our text shows clearly how to take our mountains. Firstly, there is a specific mountain in focus- this mountain. Secondly, God has spoken about the mountain. Thirdly, the mountain is as real when the Lord spoke about it and when we are taking a step to take it. Lastly, maintain God's presence and be passionate about taking the mountain. Also, cleave to God and hold on tenaciously to His word. Take a step of faith today and you will take your mountain, be it a difficult school subject or a bad habit.

Challenge: "Take your mountain by faith!"

Prayer: "Lord, give me this mountain in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Be passionate about taking the mountain"

Bible Reading in one Year: Joshua 14: 6-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On May 18, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, MAY 18, 2017

THEY CRAHSED OUT
TEXT: HEBREWS 3; 18, 19

"And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believe not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief" (Hebrews 3; 18, 19).

So it came to pass, when all the men of war were dead from among the people, that God told the Israelites to pass through the land to Canaan. The dead were men of war, they had fought and won great battles, yet they were consumed by a dwarf-like warrior called UNBELIEF. Quite unbelievable! Much more painful is the fact that majority of them crashed out at the border of the Promised Land. What a tragedy! Francis Schaefer stated, "The spiritual battle, the loss of victory, is always in the thought-world." Negative thoughts produce negative words and actions.

How sordid to note that this invisible and seemingly harmless foe is still slaughtering many a warrior at the border of their success today! Beware of words, actions, reactions and reasoning that demonstrate unbelief. It sounds like popular opinion but eventually leads to the graveyard. Do not underrate that dwarf. It may be easier slaying Goliath than 'Unbelief.' It is not easily defeated especially when underrated. Fight your fear and unbelief today with faith lest you also crash out.

Challenge: "Fight unbelief"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to defeat unbelief"

Quote: "It may be easier to slay Goliath than unbelief"

Bible Reading in one Year: Deuteronomy 2; 13-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On May 19, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, MAY 19, 2017

WHY WORRY?
TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 20:15

"And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, thus saith the LORD unto you the battle is not yours, but God's" (2 Chronicles 20:15).

In trying to comfort Job in his hour of distress, Eliphaz said, "Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward" (Job 5:7). Trouble comes to everyone at one time or another. At such times you can choose to worry and fear or trust in God. Trouble came to King Jehoshaphat. The children of Moab, Ammon and Mount Seir sent their armies to attack Judah. Jehoshaphat only had a small army; this problem could have made anyone to worry, but he chose to trust in God and pray (2 Chronicles 20:2-4). As David sought the LORD when the Amalekites attacked Ziklag, so did Jehoshaphat in his time of fear, and Jehovah Sabaoth, the God of the armies of Israel, defeated his enemies right before his eyes.

So, why worry when you can pray? Our God whom we serve is alive and is unchangeable. David Ingles sang, "And all He ever was, and all He ever did, He's still doing today. Unchangeable, unchangeable God." Hallelujah! Let the devil hear you say, 'I will not worry!'

Challenge: "Do not build mental monsters of fear and worry"

Prayer: "Oh God, give me grace to trust you and not worry"

Quote: "Choose to worry and fear or trust in God"

Bible Reading in one Year: Philippians 4:6, 7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49am On May 20, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, MAY 20, 2017

YIELD TO GOD
TEXT: Romans 6:13

"Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God" (Romans 6:13).

Growing up, Lara was the ideal church girl. But deep down, her heart was full of emptiness and lack of connection with God. On becoming a married working class lady, her focus was on her career, leaving little or no time for God and her family. Then suddenly she lost her job and had to stay at home. Her loneliness and emptiness became unbearable. On one faithful night of August in her own words, "I poured my heart out in surrender to God, telling Him how I felt and how I had messed things up trying to do everything my own way. I asked for forgiveness and promised Him that henceforth every breath I took would belong to Him. Since that night, my life has been in an almost continuous state of change and growth. I am learning to trust God and allow Him to have control of every part of my life."

You too can give your life a new meaning. Just allow God's word to influence your life from today. Confess your sins and forsake them. Talk to God as a friend who has all the connections in the world to help you with.

Challenge: "God yielded wills find the God - planned life"

Prayer: "Help me oh God, to surrender all to you, in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Allow God's word to influence all your life"

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 5: 13-17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, MAY 21, 2017

PARENTAL COMMANDS
TEXT: GENESIS 18:17,19A

"And the LORD said, shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do: Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation That he will command his children" (Genesis 18:17,19a).

Children have a command from God which says: "Children obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother: which is the first commandment with promise" (Ephesians 6:1, 2). Children must obey their parents; they should not talk and act disrespectfully towards them. The commands and discipline given by parents are sometimes viewed by the children as signs of hatred instead of love. Hence Henry Ward Beecher said, "We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents." No right thinking and godly parent would allow his or her child to be wayward, lazy, lousy, disrespectful, and stubborn or attached to bad friends. Evidently, parental commands are for the children's good.

The high rate of crime, immorality and insecurity seen in the world today show that either parents are failing in their duty or the children are rebelling against parental authority. Parents should care for the children to the best of their ability, and the children should honour them, participating in the family devotion and church fellowships with them.

Challenge: "Obey God's commands through your parents"

Prayer: "Help me to obey my parents always, oh God"

Quote: "Parental commands are for the children's good"

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 1:8-19; Proverbs 22:6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On May 22, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, MAY 22, 2017

READ AND REST
TEXT: GENESIS 2:2

"And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made" (Genesis 2:2).

In 1929 Hans Berger discovered Alpha waives, brainwaves that are in the 8-13 Hz. Alpha Waves are produced when your brain and body are relaxed and at peace, and is a characteristic of being relaxed yet alert at the same time. Science has shown that Alpha Waves are a factor in a person's creative capabilities and even athletic capacity because when Alpha Waves are produced, the body and mind calm down and relax, which reduces stress and thus reduces the effort it takes for the mind and body to function. Alpha Waves have been connected to the brain's natural ability to "super learn", which is when your brain can retain, and then recall, more information than normal.

One of the most common ways to produce Alpha Waves is through meditation, relaxation and by doing your hobbies like reading, painting and singing. Students in boarding schools have regulated schedules. But many day students have problem managing their after-school time, thinking that siesta is forever. Read and do your take home assignments. Reading is a mental act; it is work, and must be done before rest.

Challenge: "Have regular hours for work and play"

Prayer: "Thank you, O Lord for ability to read and rest"

Quote: "Read and do your take home assignments"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Timothy 4:12, 13; Nehemiah 8:8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On May 23, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, MAY 23, 2017

TRAINING TIME
TEXT: PROVERBS 22:6

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6).

Every youth needs time to be trained and prepared for life. Indeed, training time is preparation time and you must patiently go through. You cannot find a good medical doctor, Lawyer, engineer, or teacher without good training. Likewise, someone said, "God is never in a hurry but spends years with those He expects to greatly use. He never thinks the days of preparation too long or too dull." Unfortunately, there is an ugly trend of rebellion to parental and church training among youths today. God hates rebellion! (1 Samuel 15:23a).

The influence of peer groups is at the heart of rebellion among youths. Christian youths should avoid friends that say things to discourage them from obeying their parents. Many youths do not like being close to their parents because they hate going on errands. As for you, stay close to help them get things done; by doing so, they will pass on a lot of vital life lessons to you. Even if your parents or guardians often scold you, never forget that they love you and want the best for you.

Challenge: "Preparation time is never wasted time"

Prayer: "Give me patience to go through the training process, o God"

Quote: "Training time is preparation time"

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 7:20-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, MAY 24, 2017

EXCELLENCE DESPITE ODDS
TEXT: DANIEL 3:14

"I have even heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom is found in thee" (Daniel 3:14).

It was Pat Rilly who said, "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." The German, Ludwig Van Beethoven could not hear a word of what he composed because of his deafness but he was reputed to be one of the greatest music composers of all time. He was still in his 20s when he started losing his hearing. Despite his hearing loss, he even wrote better music later. His predicaments could not silence the lion in him. While some youths work only for mediocre achievements, champions go for the best for themselves and the world around them. Thomas Edison was also partially deaf but he laboured to invent many things, including the incandescent light bulb. Great souls do not settle for the second best.

Having surrendered your life to Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you should have the passion to do all things with the aim of setting the pace for others to follow, not only in academics and career, but also in your spiritual life.

Challenge: "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to be the best I can be"

Quote: "Champions go for the best"

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 28:1

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On May 25, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2017

BE TRUSTWORTHY
TEXT: GENESIS 18:17, 19A

"And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I doFor I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him" (Genesis 18:17, 19a).

An influential American evangelist was once given an invitation by an American president to visit him in his residence. On getting there, the president told him that what they were going to discuss was confidential, the evangelist accepted. He then told him to show him how he could get right with God and have eternal life. The evangelist explained the issue properly to him and then prayed with him. As the evangelist got out, the press men came to him asking about what he discussed with the president. He told them and the newspapers reported it. The evangelist regretted his action but the president never communicated with him again till he died.

God trusted Abraham as seen in our text above. As a child of God, can you be trusted with confidential matters? Have you broken someone's trust or has someone broken yours before? It can be painful. Peter promised the Lord Jesus never to deny Him even if he had to die for it, but he broke it. Let your yea be yea, and your nay, nay.

Challenge: "Never break a promise or trust"

Prayer: "Oh God, make me a trustworthy Christian"

Quote: "Let your yea be yea, and your nay, nay"

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 26:31-35, 69-75

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On May 26, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2017

COME SINCERELY TO CHRIST
TEXT: MATTHEW 11:28

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Often, when invitations are given, the response is dependent on the social status of the inviter or the importance of the purpose of the invitation. Wedding invitations from people of the upper class in our societies are hardly turned down. While some invitations are open to all, others are restricted or even private. Such was the one of King David to Uriah, a faithful soldier in his army. Uriah promptly left the battlefield and honoured the invitation because it came from the Commander In Chief (CIC). Unfortunately, his host had ulterior motives and eventually plotted his death.

However, Jesus, the Root and Offspring of David, the King of kings, the Rose of Sharon, who came to give abundant life, is giving a universal invitation. No ulterior motives in this. But you have to accept it personally. Come sincerely to Him with all your burdens and have rest unspeakable. Moreover, your positive response entitles you to a ticket for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. You cannot miss this invitation; act now.

Challenge: "Come believing, look and live"

Prayer: "I am thine Lord Jesus, I have heeded your invitation"

Quote: "You cannot miss this invitation; act now"

Bible Reading in one Year: John 3:13-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:57am On May 27, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, MAY 27, 2017

BE RAPTURE READY
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 5:6

"Therefore let us not sleep, as do others: but let us watch and be sober" (1 Thessalonians 5:6).

The Rapture is the most important event that the church is waiting for. It is the catching away of all true believers in Christ to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4: 16). Are you prepared for the rapture? He who fails to prepare is preparing to fail, states a popular adage. You cannot embark on a journey you never prepared for. Your preparation therefore, determines your prospects in life. This begins with a definite decision which is maintained by a rugged determination and vigilance.

To partake in the rapture, you must be born again and live a transparent holy life. This experience must be kept by consistent purity, prayer and preaching. Always remember this: no holiness, no heaven; no readiness, no rapture. Be wise.

Challenge: "No holiness, no heaven"

Prayer: "Lord, I want to be like Jesus in my heart"

Quote: "Are you prepared for the rapture?"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 John 3:1-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27am On May 28, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, MAY 28, 2017

HEAR AND OBEY
TEXT: JAMES 1:22

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves" (James 1:22).

John Bunyan obeyed the word of God to preach and was arrested, yet he refused to give up preaching. In his obedience to God, he preferred to go to jail than to give up preaching. He spent 12 years in jail. Are you like Bunyan? Do you obey God's word promptly? "God's word generates life, creates faith, produces change, frightens the devil, causes miracles, heals hurts, builds character, transforms circumstances, impacts joy, overcomes adversity, defeats temptation, infuses hope, releases power, cleanses our minds, brings things into being and guarantees our future forever! We cannot live without the word of God! Never take it for granted,'' says a Christian writer.

His words are all you need, so make His words your anthem and the guiding principles in your everyday life. Let the Bible be your constitution. Obedience to God's word brings blessings.

Challenge: "Obedience brings blessings"

Prayer: "Lord, let your word be a lamp to my feet each day"

Quote: "Make His words your anthem"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 119:9-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On May 29, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, MAY 29, 2017

APPOINTMENT TO KEEP
TEXT: HEBREWS 9:27

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).

A paraphrase of a poetic verse reads "Only one life, and will soon pass away, only what's done for Christ will last, lets labour faithfully while there is time." This shows that we have only one life that will soon end. We have many things to do, but it is only what we do for Christ that will last. We should therefore be wise in our day to day decisions so that, we are not caught unawares.

Death is an appointment that everyman must keep, if Jesus tarries in coming. Everything that has a beginning must have an end, including your life. Are you ready for this appointment? If it happens now are you ready? Have you surrendered your life to Christ? If not, do so now. The end is certain and near.

Challenge: "You have only one life"

Prayer: "Lord, teach me to number my days"

Quote: "Death is an appointment"

Bible Reading in one Year: Ecclesiastes 3:1-17

See more here:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On May 30, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, MAY 30, 2017

THE ROYAL LAW
TEXT: JAMES 2:8

"If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well" (James 2:8 ).

A writer once said "I shall pass through this world but once. If there be any kindness I can show or any good thing I can do, let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

This earth is the best place to show your love. You can love, you must love and you will love. Love starts with you. Don't complain about people not loving you. Remember the golden rule "Do unto others, what you want others to do unto you." Let it start with you. The more you love, the more you attract love to your life. Ask God for the grace to love sincerely.

Challenge: "Love starts with you"

Prayer: "Lord, let your love be reflected in me"

Quote: "Remember the golden rule"

Bible Reading in one Year: James 2:15-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01am On May 31, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY: 31 MAY, 2017

FAITH BY WORKS
TEXT: JAMES 2:17

"Yea so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone" (James 2:17).

A Christian undergraduate once wrote an examination in a course handled by a Christian lecturer. He did not prepare for the examination so, he had little or no idea of what to write. He managed to write a few things and at the end, wrote some words of faith for the lecturer to read and help him. But he failed that examination because he failed to back up his faith with actions, by studying hard for his examination to avoid malpractice. His faith was not a genuine faith but laziness in disguise.

The Bible says, "But without faith we cannot please God" (Hebrews 11:6). However, it also says that he should not eat who does not work. So, there must be a balance since it is the works of our hands that God will bless. Study hard, my child. A lively faith is one that labours. There is dignity in labour. Faith without work is dead. Your faith should motivate you to action. Let your faith be active.

Challenge: "Active faith with labour"

Prayer: "Bless the work of my hands, oh Lord"

Quote: "Your faith will motivate you to action"

Bible Reading in one Year: James 2:18-26

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY: 01 JUNE, 2017

IDLENESS IMPOVERISHES
TEXT: ECCLESIASTES 10:18

"By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through" (Ecclesiastes 10:18).

Azika grew up in a village where farming was the major job. He never liked going to farm with his parents. Whenever it was time to go to the farm, he would sneak out. The parents once decided to starve him. He had no food to eat so, he stood outside the compound and voiced out, "These people are wicked." His idleness earned him lack of food and so, he was the worst hit and not his parents. To idle young people like Anebi, Louisa May Alcott says, "Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well."

Idle people never make it in life especially in Christian service. There is nothing like an idle Christian. A real Christian is hard working. God hates idleness but blesses hard work. You can become great if you stop being idle. Let not your hands be slack. Accept Christ now if you have not and you will receive power to be God’s child and to succeed in life.

Challenge: "A real Christian is hard working"

Prayer: "I conquer laziness in Jesus name"

Quote: "God hates idleness"

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 6:6-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by Gravas(m): 6:56am On Jun 02, 2017
Good morning brother. Keep up the good work you have been doing. I have been following the thread for a very long time now. And am really enjoying it. The first time i came across this publication was in 2005 in Ondo State during my NYSC. I MIRACULOUSLY got the Sept/Oct 2004 edition. And that was the beginning of my spiritual revival! I was so much inspired by the insightful wisdom of Pastor Kumuyi. I used that edition and mentored so many students. That was the very year i became born again. I will be EXCEEDINGLY glad if you can get that same edition for me. I gave the copy i had to one of the students i was mentoring and it got lost. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JUNE 2, 2017

GENUINE PREACHER'S JOY
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 2:19

"For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming" (1 Thessalonians 2:19).

A senior school teacher once fervently prayed to God requesting for help to enable his students work hard and succeed at their final year examination. The students eventually passed the examination. This gave the teacher a great joy. It is the same with every genuine preacher of God's word. The preaching of the word must lead to conversion of sinners and the converts must abide in the word and faith to bring joy to heaven and in the heart of the preacher. Hear Apostle John, "I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received commandment from the Father" (2 John 4).

As a Christian youth, do you live in obedience to the word or God preached by your pastor and other leaders? His joy is that, you and other members of the Church obey God's word. He knows that only the doers of God's word are justified, so he looks forward to that. Obeying and keeping God's commandment is what gives true joy to a genuine preacher. Be a source of joy to your ministers.

Challenge: "Obey God's word"

Prayer: "Give me the grace to obey you, Lord"

Quote: "Be a source of joy to your ministers"

Bible Reading in one Year: Colossians 1:1-6

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by Gravas(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
@OLAADEGBU. Kindly check my post above. There is a request i have made to you.
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gravas:

Good morning brother. Keep up the good work you have been doing. I have been following the thread for a very long time now. And am really enjoying it. The first time i came across this publication was in 2005 in Ondo State during my NYSC. I MIRACULOUSLY got the Sept/Oct 2004 edition. And that was the beginning of my spiritual revival! I was so much inspired by the insightful wisdom of Pastor Kumuyi. I used that edition and mentored so many students. That was the very year i became born again. I will be EXCEEDINGLY glad if you can get that same edition for me. I gave the copy i had to one of the students i was mentoring and it got lost. Thanks.

Calvary greetings my dear brother. We give glory to God for how the publication had been a blessing to your life. The earliest copy I could find for now is 2008. When I come across the particular one you need I'll post it here. Remain blessed. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by Gravas(m): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Calvary greetings my dear brother. We give glory to God for how the publication had been a blessing to your life. The earliest copy I could find for now is 2008. When I come across the particular one you need I'll post it here. Remain blessed. wink

Thanks.
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gravas:

Thanks.

You are welcome, anytime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, JUNE 3, 2017

OPEN THE DOOR
TEXT: REVELATION 3:20

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him" (Revelation 3:20).

It was a sad night for a couple when a gang of armed robbers stormed a new estate in Abuja, the Federal Capital city of Nigeria. After knocking furiously at the gate and shooting sporadically for a while without any response from the occupants of the house, they eventually forced their way in. They threatened to kill the man and rape the wife for wasting their time. However, they later left but took away much money, electronic equipment and one of their vehicles. They operated in the manner of the biblical thief who comes to steal, kill and destroy. However, some of them were later caught and the vehicle recovered.

Unlike the armed robbers, Jesus will never force Himself into the heart of any person, just as shown in our text above. He is a gentle Saviour who waits for an invitation from a willing heart before he can enter. He comes not to steal or kill but to give abundant life. The hardened heart will never have Jesus as a Guest. Open the door of your heart to Jesus today and your joy will know no bound.

Challenge: "Open the door of your heart to Jesus today"

Prayer: "Come into my heart to stay, Lord Jesus"

Quote: "Open the door of your heart to Jesus"

Bible Reading in one Year: John 10:27-28

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On Jun 04, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, JUNE 4, 2017

FACE YOUR GOLIATH
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 17:45

"Then said David to the Philistine, thou comest to me with a sword...but I come to thee in name of the LORD of hosts" (1 Samuel 17:45).

David's conquest of Goliath after forty days of fear, shame, depression, and mental torture on the part of the Israelites due to threats from this Philistine's Goliath was a great relief to Israel. Dr. J. H. Jowett said, "Evil never surrenders its hold without a sore fight." As a Christian youth, you may be facing a reproach through a kind of Goliath in the form of: lack, temptations, sickness, difficult school subjects, and persecution from unbelieving relatives. This is a call to fight the fight of faith.

Just as David courageously faced and defeated Goliath of Gath, you will do same through importunate prayers, total faith in God, swift and prompt action on God's revealed plan, a consuming zeal for God's name and glory, and application of God's word. Today, you must defy any Goliath in your way to the abundant life that God has for you. In your own little way, let your light shine for Christ and live to please Him daily. A sinner cannot defeat Goliath, so if you are not born again, repent now.

Challenge: "Defeat your Goliath today to inherit your destiny"

Prayer: "Oh God, help me to overcome whatever stands against me as Goliath"

Quote: "A sinner cannot defeat Goliath"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 118:8-17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, JUNE 5, 2017

PATH TO PARDON
TEXT: PSALM 38:18

"For I will declare my iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin" (Psalm 38:18).

In January, 2015, a young driver was driving recklessly from the city of Ibadan to Akure town in Western Nigeria. His speed and the audacity with which he maneuvered around several vehicles made several passengers to scream in fear. The young driver, however, sped on with reckless abandon, not mindful of any road signs and the driving code. Tragedy was not far away; soon after he overtook a vehicle immediately in front of him, he crashed onto the back part of an expensive jeep as he tried to overtake it. The middle aged owner of the jeep came out of his vehicle, with an angry look on his face, and moved toward the reckless driver. The guilty driver immediately prostrated before him in the centre of the dusty road, and he just kept repeating the phrase: "I am sorry, pardon me...Baba pardon me." The jeep owner stared at him briefly, shook his head and walked away. He pardoned him.

Learn to be quick to say "I am sorry," both to your God and to any mankind you offend.

Challenge: "Are you quick to accept your fault?"

Prayer: "Father, forgive me where I have done wrong"

Quote: "Be quick to say, I am sorry"

Bible Reading in one Year: James 5:16

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50am On Jun 06, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, JUNE 6, 2017

SERVE ONE ANOTHER
TEXT: JOHN 13:14

"If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet" (John 13:14).

A young mother was busy cleaning the chairs in the church just before the members started trickling in for their evening meeting. "Mama," cried Helen to her mother, "why is it that you are always the only one coming to clean the church? "Why are you always serving alone in this church?" "Helen, you are very wrong," the mother replied. "I only clean these chairs and then sit down. During the service, other people serve too. The Pastor does the preaching, the ushers take attendance, collect and count offerings; the children teachers teach and watch over the children, the security men keep watch around the building for any intruder, the choir do the singing, while the electrical and electronics people ensure good lighting and sound output. I am not alone dear, we are simply serving one another."

Do you know that we are to serve one another in this life? Do you willingly and readily make yourself available for service? Be a willing, humble server.

Challenge: "Learn to serve others"

Prayer: "Lord, give me a humble heart to serve others"

Quote: "Be a willing, humble server"

Bible Reading in one Year: John 13:12-17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7, 2017

SOCIAL MEDIA POSTINGS
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 11:14

"And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah" (2 Samuel 11:14).

An adage says that, "The pen is mightier than the sword." Simply put, the printed page (both text and pictures), is powerful, and so are the social media postings. As a Christian youth, you might not post any harmful write-up, but that does not shield you from exposure to the pornographic, sensual, rude or insulting postings. However, "We can afford to read only the best and what will be most helpful to us in the fulfilment of our mission," wrote J. Oswald Sanders.

In our text, it was David who wrote and signed Uriah's death warrant, but it was Uriah himself that 'posted' it to Joab to plan the murder. What then is the youth advised to do with social media postings? The Bible says: "My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not" (Proverbs 1:10). Some social media postings are harmful, especially pornographic ones. The Christian youth should refuse to stare at them, read them or share them, but instead delete them and spend time to pray and read the Bible.

Challenge: "Watch what you watch and read"

Prayer: "Lord, keep a watch over my eyes"

Quote: "Some social media postings are harmful"

Bible Reading in one Year: Philippians 4:8; Proverbs 1:10-16

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, JUNE 8, 2017

DO NOT LIMIT GOD
TEXT: 2 KING 7:2

"Then a Lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God and said, behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be?" (2 King 7:2).

We limit God sometimes, even below the level of man, because we do not know who He is. His attribute of Omnipotence (Jehovah El-Shaddai-The God Almighty), reveals to us the fact that He can do all things and so, we can depend on Him to solve all our problems. He is Omniscient (He sees all things), so He sees you where you are in your situation. Furthermore, He is Omnipresent (Jehovah Shamah-The God who is present constantly), He is everywhere. Why then do we not trust Him with our problems but limit Him? Billy Graham said, "It is absence of the Knowledge of God that lies at the root of every problem that besets us. It is man's confusion about God's plan that has the world in chaos. It is man's unwillingness to learn and to obey God's laws that has laid such heavy burden on our souls."

God loves you and He can turn your situation around. Do not be like the special assistant to the King of Israel in our text who doubted God's word and missed out on His miracle.

Challenge: "Renounce every spirit of unbelief"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to have confidence in your providence"

Quote: "He can turn your situation around"

Bible Reading in one Year: Deuteronomy 28:11-12; Isaiah 40:25-31

See more here:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JUNE 9, 2017

MINGLE NOT WITH FAILURES
TEXT: PROVERBS 28:19

"He that tilleth his land shall have plenty of bread: but he that followeth after vain persons shall have poverty enough?" (Proverbs 28:19).

Failure is making an attempt or series of attempts that are not successful. This is however, different from a person who is a failure. A failure either does not make attempts, or one who gives up after one or more attempts, when the goal has not been achieved. Thomas Edison, for example, was not a failure though he failed 10, 000 times while searching for the right filament for the production of the incandescent light bulb. Hear Edison himself, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Some youths are school dropouts and have become liabilities to their families and country because they choose not to persist in studying hard to succeed.

Today's Bible text says that we should not associate with failures. A failure cannot inspire you to succeed, but rather pull you to his level of lazy and wayward attitude that leads to poverty. In your secular and spiritual goals, choose diligent and persevering people as friends. Apostle Paul's partners in ministry, such as: Luke, Titus, Timothy and Epaphras, were committed workers. Who are your close friends?

Challenge: "Let Christ be the foundation of your success"

Prayer: "Keep me from walking in the company of failures"

Quote: "Who are your close friends?"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 1:1-6

See more here:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.