Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ (1381393 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2016

EDUCATION EXPENSIVE?

"Children in whom was no blemish, well favoured, and skillful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science" (Daniel 1:4)

It was Derek Bok who said, "If education is expensive, try ignorance." Education and ignorance are a world apart, the difference between them being like that between light and darkness. Without education, which has brought advancement in learning, the world would have remained primitive.

Education helps in carrying out researches, some of which have led to inventions that improve human life. The world is now a global village because of education. Sacrifice money, time and energy to acquire education. Education is good because it provides knowledge, good jobs, and good socio-economic status.

However, a child should be given an all-round education and not just in the mind. The world is in confusion today because God and morals are not allowed in classrooms. "When you educate a man in mind and not morals you educate a menace to society," said Franklin D. Roosevelt. For the youth of today, education must include the Christian religion and morals. Are you born again? Then fear God as you gain education.

Challenge: "Education without religion - makes man a mere clever devil"

Prayer: "O God, let not education take your Word from me"

Quote: "Fear God as you gain education"

Further Reading: Acts 7:22; Daniel 1:3, 4

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2016

REJECT EVIL RODS

"For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity" (Psalm 125:3)

God hates to see the wicked oppress the righteous. The wicked uses such instruments or rods as swords, guns and bombs to harm the righteous. Sometimes they use evil spiritual weapons for deadly attacks. However, God's word says, No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD (Isaiah 54:17).

Praise God! The authority to condemn or reject evil rods is your heritage, if you are God's child. How can the rod of the wicked rest upon your lots? Your lots are what belong to you, your family, your farmland, your business, your education, your Christian ministry, and your future plans.

Reject evil rods by the prayer of faith in petitions and commands. Pray that such rods will not touch your lot. God's word says, As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even forever (Psalm125:2). Stay righteous to avoid evil rods.

Challenge: "Righteousness helps to keep away the rod of the wicked"

Prayer: "Lord, empower me to reject evil rods"

Quote: "Stay righteous to avoid evil rods"

Further Reading: Mark 11:22-24

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2016

BAN ON BACKSLIDING

"But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul" (Hebrews 10:39)

In his writing on the book of Ruth, H. J. Heijkoop says: "True believers do rise up again when they fall." Backsliding is falling from our high moral and spiritual ground. It is turning away from God and our Saviour Jesus Christ to enjoy the pleasure of sin, may be for a season. But one cannot guarantee a return to Christ when that happens.

Backsliding robs a Christian of the joy of salvation and fellowship; denies one of answers to prayers, and leads to apostasy - the point of no return to Christ. In that case, Hell is the backslider's ultimate destination. As a child of God, you must resist every temptation to backslide; read, meditate and pray on God's word daily. You must ban backsliding from your life.

Our text says, "we are of them that believe to the saving of the souls." Declare to yourself, "I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back, no turning back." No one can pluck you out of Christ's hand. However, do not wander away from Him.

Challenge: "Unrepentant backsliders will go to hell"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to abide in you always"

Quote: "I have decided to follow Jesus"

Further Reading: Matthew 26:69 - 75

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2016

WATCH AGAINST WAYWARDNESS

"As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion" (Proverbs 11:22)

The visible attitude of a youth is a reflection of his/her inward convictions and thoughts. A carefree and wayward lifestyle obviously shows that his/her heart is ruled by an ungodly spirit.

The common scene of nudity and waywardness among youths are results of the depraved and reprobate minds. Such minds are not yielded to the Spirit of God as they do things which repel Him. Such a life advertises immorality, cultism, drug addiction, fraud, rioting, kidnapping and robbery. They showcase their beauty by partial nudity or transparent attires. The devil is behind waywardness and has bound many youths for hell fire. He knows he has a short time before God's judgment comes upon the earth.

The call to you is, "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord" (2 Corinthians 6:17). Repeated warnings from our Lord and Master Jesus is "watch and pray" because He is coming suddenly as a thief when you least expect Him.

Challenge: "Wayward youth come to Jesus"

Prayer: "Lord, I come to you in repentance. Please pardon my past"

Quote: "The Devil is behind waywardness"

Further Reading: Zephaniah 1: 4-8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2016

PAUL: CHRIST'S PRISONER

"For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles" (Ephesians 3:1)

James Kennedy said, "You cannot say, No, Lord, and mean both words; one annuls the other. If you say no to Him, then He is not your Lord."

Apostle Paul, the voluntary prisoner of the Lord Jesus Christ, never said no to Christ. He was entirely consecrated to Him. Paul declared, "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21). He also said, But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ" (Philippians 3:7). Certainly, Paul was a voluntary prisoner of the Lord for he let go his most precious treasures and ambitions for the sake of Christ and His kingdom.

This peculiar man extends his invitation to you. "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1). He has left a worthy example for all, particularly the youths, to emulate. John Bunyan wrote the Pilgrim Progress while in imprisonment for Christ. Be a voluntary prisoner of the Lord Jesus Christ today, for effectiveness in the work of His kingdom.

Challenge: "Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee"

Prayer: "O God, take me and use me as you please"

Quote: "Be a voluntary prisoner of the Lord"

Further Reading: Acts 20:22-24, Galatians 2:20

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:29am On Dec 17, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2016

PARDON FOR THE PENITENT

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9)

Hear God's word, "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).

From the above scripture, can you imagine the foolishness of trying to hide your sins? Gordon Lindsay wrote, "God in His mercy will forgive all sins except one. So He forgives even adultery when those who have committed it turn from it in real repentance."

It is simply unwise and unintelligent for any right-thinking youth to try to hide his/her sins for whatever reasons. It is the same devil that instigated you to sin in the first place, that will again harden your heart against repentance. Do you know that confession is a privilege from God? It is given to mankind to enable us have freedom. Are you covering up any sin in your life right now? If yes, confess it right now to God. You must also restitute where necessary and enjoy your liberty and right standing with the Lord. You are free indeed when Christ sets you free.

Challenge: "Confess and forsake your sins for pardon"

Prayer: "O God my Father, forgive all my sins in Jesus name"

Quote: "You must also restitute where necessary"

Further Reading: Psalm 66:18

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2016

REFUGE FOR REFUGEES

"But I will sing of Thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of Thy mercy in the morning; for Thou hast been my defense and refuge in the day of trouble" (Psalm 59:16)

As a result of the wars that rocked the nations of Syria and Libya recently, many people fled their homes, seeking refuge elsewhere. When many nations of Europe announced their willingness to take in these refugees, there was a mad rush and scramble among the refugees to travel long distances by sea and land to reach those desired havens. Unfortunately, however, many of them died from the scourge of the war before they could get to the places of refuge. These refugees died while seeking refuge provided for their souls by man.

However, in Christ Jesus, God our Creator, has provided a steadfast and sure refuge for all those who are oppressed and fleeing for refuge from the scourge of Satan, sin and troubles of this life. Flee to Jesus today and find rest for your troubled soul.

Challenge: "Seek refuge in Christ from the coming storm"

Prayer: "Lord, may I not wander from you, my Refuge"

Quote: "Flee to Jesus today and find rest"

Further Reading: Matthew 11: 28 - 30

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2016

SAVED AND SERVING

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God" (Acts 9: 20)

Someone said, "When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it."

The Bible records the story of a man who hated the Church of Christ with passion. He was so mad at the Church that he took upon himself the onerous task of arresting and jailing people who dared to identify with the Church of Christ. It was while on his way to carry out one of his dastardly assignments that the Lord Jesus Christ arrested him, and from thence, he became a disciple. He was named Saul of Tarsus, later to be referred to as the Apostle Paul. Apostle Paul's dramatic response and turn to discipleship has become a set standard for all followers of Christ to emulate. As soon as he got saved, he went straight into serving the Lord.

Are you saved? Then hearken to this invitation from this great servant of God, Apostle Paul: "Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me" (I Corinthians 4:16).

Challenge: "Are you daily serving the Lord in soul-winning?"

Prayer: "Lord, keep me serving till you come"

Quote: "Discover your mission"

Further Reading: 1 Thessalonians 4:1

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2016

SEEK LOST SOULS

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you" (John 20:21)

Richard C. Halverson said, "Every Christian should have the world in his heart. That is, he should be willing to settle for nothing less than evangelism worldwide."

Have you ever sat to meditate on the basic errand which the Father sent His Son Jesus Christ? Before you try to hazard a guess, hear it very quickly from the mouth of the Lord Jesus Himself: "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). He was obedient to the Father, he sought the lost souls.

As a saved youth, do you realise that the Lord Jesus is your Master? Then remember His instruction unto you. The Father sent Him and He obeyed, and now He has sent you; you ought also to obey even as He was obedient. If truly Christ is your Lord and Master, then do His will, seek lost souls!

Challenge: "Settle for nothing less than evangelism worldwide"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to do thy will"

Quote: "Obey the Great Commission!"

Further Reading: Acts 8:4

See more at:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2016

RENEW RUINED RELATIONSHIPS

"And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him; and they wept" (Genesis 33:4)

There is a very interesting injunction in the Bible, let us read it together: "Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any; even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye" (Colossians 3:13). What a beautiful instruction from the very heart of God!

Have you ever sat down to think and meditate on the joy and ecstasy that would come our way during reconciliation? Esau had harboured a murderous hatred for Jacob for up to 20 years. As soon as he heard of Jacob's arrival in the land of Canaan, he armed himself with some 400 men and was furiously matching on to meet him for vengeance; but the Lord melted his heart while he was on the way, and he forgave.

What a dramatic change it wrought! In a moment! They embraced each other and wept. Their ruined relationship was renewed because of forgiveness. How is your relationship with God and fellow men?

Challenge: "Forgive an offender today!"

Prayer: "Lord, give me the grace to forgive"

Quote: "How is your relationship with God?"

Further Reading: Matthew 6:14 - 15

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2016

THE LORD'S LABOURER

"And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life" (Philipians 4:3)

During the peak of World War 2, Winston Churchill, the British Prime Minister had this to say to his fellow countrymen: "We shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight in the fields and in streets, - we shall never surrender." These are the immortal words of a man who loved and laboured for his nation and encouraged others to do so.

As the Lord's labourer, your zeal and commitment to His call and course cannot be less. Mortal men have laboured and striven for earthly courses which have no eternal rewards. But as the Lord's labourer, yours is an eternal course with eternal rewards.

Labour on, therefore, for the Lord Himself has prepared a great reward for you in the heavens which can never fade away.

Challenge: "Do you daily labour in the Lord's vineyard?"

Prayer: "O God, make me an effective labourer"

Quote: "Eternal reward awaits you in heaven"

Further Reading: 1 Corinthians 3:9

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2016

CARE FOR SPARROWS

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father" (Matthew 10:29)

As a Christian youth, there are five questions for you to answer sincerely: Does God know my name? Does He know when I was born and when I will die? Do I have an angel attached to me by God to protect me continually? Does God want me to be healthy always or does He want me to be sick often? Does God have the ability to make me succeed in life, and is He willing to use His ability to help me? Your sincere answers to these questions will lead you to the single conclusion that, if He can care for sparrows, then surely, He cares for your wellbeing.

Therefore, you will trust Him always, and refuse to give room for fear and anxiety in your life. Your trust in God must be genuine and absolute. When you trust God always and obey Him, He will love you and lavish you with blessings. Be rest assured, Jesus cares for you. "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you" (1 Peter 5:7).

Challenge: "God's eyes are on the sparrow and I know He watches me"

Prayer: "O Lord, keep me from worry"

Quote: "Surely, He cares for your wellbeing"

Further Reading: 1 Peter 5:7

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2016

THE WARRIOR'S WEAPONS

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds" (2 Corinthians 10:4)

According to Rick Joyner, "The entire Church age has been one of spiritual warfare, and that warfare is increasing as we approach the end of this age."

There are satanic strongholds which are not visible to the human eyes, but can be discerned spiritually. That is why the Bible admonishes us to: "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesian6:11, 12). Every true child of God is involved in a spiritual warfare, so you are a warrior.

The great question that demands answer at this juncture is: Are you daily clad in the whole armour of God as the Scripture cautions? Remember: carelessness, ignorance and inadequate preparation lead to casualties in the battlefield. Do you have the entire pieces of armour on? In the raging spiritual warfare, you cannot but use them to stay a victor.

Challenge: "Are you fully clad in your spiritual armour?"

Prayer: "Father, empower me to be a victor in this spiritual warfare"

Quote: "Put on the whole armour of God"

Further Reading: Ephesians 6:10, 13

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22am On Dec 24, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2016

CHRISTIAN DECORUM

"Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering" (Colossians 3:12)

Helen Ewan, born in 1910, was the only child of her parents. After her conversion at 14, her whole personality was radiant with the glory of God. Many testified that just her passing smile or her cheery "Good day" or "God bless you" was an uplifting tonic to them for the rest of the day.

Helen always dressed right to please her Lord. Commenting on dressing, Gordon Lindsay said, "Christians cannot but be concerned over certain trends in women's dress, which in recent years has passed the point of decency. It appears that Satan is deliberately attempting to make nudity acceptable to the public." This is disturbing.

Decorum means correct and proper behaviour that shows respect and good manners. God wants us to put up a godly behaviour that depicts Christ. As a Christian, you are to be like Christ in your conduct. Do your manners pull people away or pull them to Christ? God is looking for boys and girls with the right kind of behaviour that will compel others to connect with Christ, like Helen Ewan.

Challenge: "Does your life compel others to connect with Christ?"

Prayer: "O Father, help me to put on a godly behaviour always"

Quote: "Be like Christ in your conduct"

Further Reading: Isaiah 3:16; 1 Peter 3:8 - 11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2016

SAY NO TO SIN

"My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not" (Proverbs 1:10)

In his book, Revival Truths, Charles G. Finney says, "If you allow yourselves in any sins secretly, without having any human being know it, know that God sees it, and that he has already put down your name, hypocrite."

The Bible is replete with young people who firmly said no to sin and believed uniquely in the Almighty God. They refused to sin against the God of heaven. Joseph said no to Potiphar's wife, when she tried to lure him to lie with her. She told lies against Joseph, but God delivered him. The sons of the Rechabites also refused to drink the wine set before them.

Can God find young boys and girls among you, who would stand against sin today? When a boy or girl comes to lure you into immorality, can you say no to them like Joseph? God is looking for uncommon youth who can take a stand against sin and tell the whole world that it is possible to say no to all manner of sin. Be one of such youth today.

Challenge: "Be bold to say no to that sin"

Prayer: "Make me an uncommon youth, oh Lord"

Quote: "Take a stand against sin"

Further Reading: Genesis 39: 10-13, Jeremiah 35:1- 6

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08am On Dec 27, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2016

WAGING SPIRITUAL WARFARE

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds" (2 Corinthians 10:4)

Ashley Smith was acclaimed a heroine who was able to do what guns, high tech- investigative gadgets or the police and the combined security forces could not do, when she was abducted shortly by a gunman Brian Nichols after killing three people in Atlanta court room on March 11, 2005. Ashley through her spiritual warfare and the word of God conquered her abductor Nichol, who had no option than to surrender to the police. Spiritual warfare is an unseen war against the devil.

Today's text says, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds." As a Christian, you are not expected to carry weapons to fight people or any system you consider enemies, but to battle on your knees in prayer to God till you win.

Therefore, you should always be on the offensive and not on the defensive. Do not soft-pedal for the devil; attack him fearlessly and prayerfully until you conquer him. Fight in this warfare if you have surrendered your life to Christ.

Challenge: "Battle on your knees in prayers till you win"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to depend on you in this warfare"

Quote: "Be on the offensive and not defensive"

Further Reading: Mathew 11:12; Ephesians 6:12 - 18

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2016

JEHOVAH JIREH

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19)

George Mueller has proved to the world the truth in Philippians 4:19. He is known as a man who could get anything from God.

Born in 1805, George Mueller was a preacher and a renowned philanthropist, who had an orphanage. One morning, he gathered the children together because there was no food for the inmates and Mueller prayed: "We thank thee for what thou art going to give us to eat." Immediately there was a knock at the door. Jehovah Jireh the great provider was right there to answer his prayer by sending the bread-baker and milkman to supply their breakfast.

Jehovah Jireh means the Lord who provides (Genesis 22: 12- 14). As He provided for Abraham a ram caught in the ticket to offer in place of Isaac, God will also provide for you. If you want anything from Him, why don't you ask in faith like George Muller and Jehovah Jireh will surprise you.

Challenge: "You can receive anything you need from God"

Prayer: "Lord, supply everything I need"

Quote: "Ask in faith"

Further Reading: Mathew 7: 7 -11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2016

GOD'S PROVISION

"And when these lepers came to the uttermost part of the camp, they went into one tent, and did eat and drink, and carried thence silver, and gold, and raiment, and went and hid it; and came again, and entered into another tent, and carried thence also, and went and hid it" (2 Kings 7:8.)

In today's text, the Syrians surrounded Samaria and cut off all its food supplies, and there was a great famine. Consequently, the people of the city almost starved to death.

In the midst of the crisis, Elisha, by the power of the Spirit of God, declared that there would be abundance of food the following day. By God's miraculous work, the Syrian army fled from their camp, leaving behind much food. Through four lepers the news got to Samaria and there was food for all.

You can see how God honoured the prayers of the Man of God. Elisha's faithfulness pleased God to provide for the children of Israel even in time of famine. You need to know how to prompt God's blessings in your life. When last did you ask God for any provision in your academic, spiritual and even family life? If you haven't, cultivate the habit of approaching the Throne of Grace for God's providence.

Challenge: "You can provoke God's blessings by your faith in God"

Prayer: "O God, help me to solicit your blessings on me"

Quote: "Know how to prompt God's blessings"

Further Reading: 2 kings 7:1 - 10

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2016

MARVELS OF MEDITATION

"Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all" (1 Timothy 4:5)

Meditation is the act of carefully, calmly, and seriously, keeping the mind fixed upon something for some time.

In his book, Answers to Prayers, George Mueller states that, "Through reading the word of God, and especially through meditation on the word of God, the believer becomes more and more acquainted with the nature and character of God, and thus sees more and more, besides His holiness and justice, what a kind, loving, gracious, merciful, mighty, wise, and faithful Being He is, and, therefore, in his family, difficulty in his service, want of a situation or employment, he will repose upon the ability of God to help him."

Christian youth should delight always in reading, studying, and meditating on God's Word. It pays to meditate on God's Word, because meditation helps you to know God and more of His promises. As you do this, your profit will appear to all in your school and everywhere.

Challenge: "Give yourself time to be quiet before God"

Prayer: "God, help me to meditate on Your Word daily"

Quote: "Meditation helps you to know God"

Further Reading: Psalm 119:15, 16; Joshua 1:8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2016

DARWIN'S EVOLUTION

"Through Faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (Hebrews 11:3)

In an argument between a Man of God and an atheist, the latter passionately tried to convince his interlocutor, drawing from Darwin's theory of evolution which claims that man evolved from apes. The Man of God simply responded that he could see the resemblance between him and apes, who were his grandparents.

Interestingly, the atheist became angry for being likened to apes. "Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great con-men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever. In explaining evolution, we do not have any iota of fact," declared Dr. T. N. Tahmisian of the Atomic Energy Commission.

Do not believe in Darwin's theory of evolution, because it is dreadful, deceitful, and deadly, and capable of damning souls in hell. Our text debunks the claim and maintains that the world was made by God. Bear in mind that science is not antagonistic to the Scripture.

Challenge: "All creatures great and small, the Lord God made them all"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to hold on to the truth of your Word"

Quote: "It is dreadful, deceitful"

Further Reading: John 1:1-3; Genesis 1:1

See more at:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2016

A WORTHY EXAMPLE

"And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?" (Acts 8:30)

Today's text captures the reading of the Scriptures by the Ethiopian Prince as he rode his chariot on his way from Jerusalem to Ethiopia. What a worthy example of a man who loved God's word! He was reading from Isaiah's prophecy, and Philip asked him if he understood what he read.

Philip's question suggests that we should always read the Holy Scriptures with understanding, because the Bible was written to be understood. It will, therefore, be a mockery for God to give us a revelation which we cannot comprehend. However, D. L. Moody says: "The Scriptures were not given to increase our knowledge, but to change our lives." This is the take-home message. A great book like the Bible deserves meditative reading.

Be ready to learn and abide by what is revealed in that Eternal Word. During your quiet time, seek the help of the Holy Spirit to explain to you what you read. Remember that your regular attendance at Church services will deepen your understanding of the Bible .

Challenge: "With better facilities today, we should read more and wisely"

Prayer: "Lord, increase my capacity to understand Your Word"

Quote: "Read the Bible meditatively"

Further Reading: 2 Timothy 4:1 - 10

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, JANUARY 1, 2017

BE APPRECIATIVE

"But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity" (Philippians 4:10)

A popular man of God told a story of how he would have died as a youth of a severe injury that almost led to the amputation of one of his legs, because his parents did not have the means to take him to the hospital. One of the neighbours sympathetically came to the aid of the family, took him to the hospital and paid the bills unconditionally. When he survived and had succeeded in life, he wrote the old man a letter of appreciation for saving his life and showing interest in his family.

Apostle Paul in our text, expressed deep appreciation to the brethren at Philippi for ministering to his needs as their pastor. He did not do it with the motive of getting more from them. God, our Father, who gives us all things freely: salvation from sin, good health, examination success, deliverance from our enemies, and so on, deserves our appreciation.

As we sincerely thank Him, He will be mindful of us in fulfilling His promises continuously in every area of our lives.

Challenge: "Appreciate a king's goodness and he will do more for you"

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me to be thankful to you always"

Quote: "God, our Father, gives us all things freely"

Further Reading: Psalm 103:1-5

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, JANUARY 2, 2017

LITTLE FOXES

"Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes" (Songs of Solomon 2:15)

Foxes are small-to-medium-sized, omnivorous mammals belonging to several genera of the family Canidae. They are slightly smaller than a medium-sized domestic dog. They are destructive animals that could destroy valuable vineyards (Judges 15:4; Psalm 63:10; Ezekiel 13:4).

As the Shulamite verbalises her love for King Solomon, she speaks of the need to "catch" the foxes that spoil the vines. The blossoming vineyard refers to the growing love between Christ and the church, and the foxes refers to potential problems that could damage the relationship. As youths, your future is likened to a blossoming vine and God is reminding you of the need to take preventive measures to protect your future from anything that could harm it. These roaming little foxes hunting for the tender grapes are different categories of sin such as: stealing, malice, disobedience to constituted authorities, cultism, immorality, pornography, greed, masturbation, pride, and examination malpractice.

To escape the grip of these little foxes, a youth must repent and surrender his or her life to Jesus. Prayerfulness, watchfulness, and avoidance of unequal yoke are necessary to fight against these destructive foxes. With Christ you can overcome the little foxes.

Challenge: "Destroy the little foxes before they destroy you"

Prayer: "Dear Lord, let no little fox destroy my life"

Quote: "With Christ you can overcome the little foxes"

Further Reading: 1 Corinthians 5:6-13; 1 Thessalonians 5:22

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2017

LEARN CONTENTMENT

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" (Philippians 4:11)

Contentment is a feeling of happiness or satisfaction. Its root word is "Content" which means being happy and satisfied with what you have. Oprah Winfrey wisely counsels, "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."

A contented youth is a happy, healthy and holy youth. When one lacks contentment, he or she is bound to be covetous. So many youths today are victims of mishaps due to lack of contentment.

Apostle Paul in our text said, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am therewith to be content" (Philippians 4:11). John Bunyan in his poem says, "I am content with what I have, little be it or much; and Lord, contentment still I crave, because thou savest such." If you need more, pray and work more.

Challenge: "There is much gain in godliness and contentment"

Prayer: "Help me Lord, to be contented"

Quote: "If you need more pray and work more"

Further Reading: Hebrew 13: 5- 6

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2017

CLAIM YOUR CHILD'S RIGHT

"But Jesus said unto her, let the children first be filled, for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs" (Mark 7:27).

Do you remember the message of the angel of the Lord to the Blessed Virgin Mary? The angel said, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save His people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).

Once we have been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as our Lord and saviour, we are to enjoy all the benefits of the cross. When the Syrophenician woman, a gentile born in the Phoenician part of Syria, approached Jesus to heal her daughter, Jesus' response was that she should allow the children to first be filled.

As children of God, we have possessions that belong to us and we have the right to claim them for our lives. They include: good health, food, clothing, education and shelter. We are special in the sight of God and we are to enjoy the inheritance we have in Christ. That means that we can have all that we need. You have rights to claim in the kingdom. Don't allow the devil to cheat you!

Challenge: "Give your life to Christ to have access to kingdom rights"

Prayer: "Loving Lord, help me to always claim my right as your child"

Quote: "You have rights to claim in the kingdom"

Further Reading: Matthew 15:21-28

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, JANUARY 5, 2017

PUBLICISE ACTS OF JESUS

"Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee" (Mark 5:19).

It is always a time of joy when someone in bondage of any sort is set free. You remember the lame beggar healed through Peter and John; and the Samaritan woman set free from sin by Jesus (Acts 3:1-10; John 4:13-30)? Their expression of joy drew people to Christ.

Many missionaries left their homelands for distant countries to preach Christ in appreciation for saving them. The insane Gadarene in our text had been under the torment of a legion of unclean spirits and Jesus set him free. This is a replica of what happens to a soul saved from the bondage of sin. Jesus instructed him to go back to his friends, families and relations to spread the good news.

The same instruction is coming to all born-again youths, to spread the gospel of Christ to those around them, testifying to the good deeds of Jesus in their lives. Charles Spurgeon who got converted at age 16 says: "I could have wept my very being out of my eyes and carried my whole frame in a flood of tears, if I could but win souls."

Challenge: "How shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?"

Prayer: "Lord Jesus, help me to publicise your good deeds in my life"

Quote: "Spread the gospel of Christ"

Further Reading: Romans 10:13-15

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JANUARY 6, 2017

DANGER OF DEPRESSION 1

"And if thou deal thus with me, kill me, I pray thee, out of hand, if I have found favour in thy sight; and let me not see my wretchedness" (Numbers 11:15).

It is a mood disorder and Moses is displaying the signs "Feeling of guilt, worthlessness or hopelessness: Feeling of loneliness, helplessness or talk about wanting to be dead!" It is called depression. Many teenagers and young adults are at risk. On February 26, 2010, Michael Blosil, the son of TV and music star, Marie Osmond, committed suicide at the age of 18 years. In his suicide note, he admitted a protracted battle with depression as the reason for his suicide.

There are many factors responsible for teenage depression. Stress from within and environment, society and family pressures may all contribute. In addition to suicidal thoughts, attempted suicide and actual suicide, depression can lead to a number of consequences including substance abuse, reckless behaviour, school absenteeism and neglect of oneself.

If you are depressed, you need help. You need to talk to somebody immediately. Find a friend or confidant. Remember, Jesus is a friend who can take your burdens away. He promised to give you rest.

Challenge: "If you are depressed, talk to somebody"

Prayer: "Lord, I bring to you my burdens"

Quote: "Find a friend or confidant"

Further Reading: Mathew 11:28, 29

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Jan 07, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, JANUARY 7, 2017

DANGER OF DEPRESSION 2

"And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do anything to her" (2 Samuel 13:2).

According to Webster's Tenth Collegiate Dictionary, depression is "a psychoneurotic or psychotic disorder marked especially by sadness, inactivity, difficulty in thinking and concentration, a significant increase or decrease in appetite and time spent sleeping, feelings of dejection and hopelessness and sometimes suicidal tendencies." Sounds familiar? That is where we find Amnon, the young prince. He has lost his sleep and his appetite and he is losing weight.

Many youths are victims of this disorder and it manifests in the form of fantasies and daydreams which are subtle signs of depression. One thing is certain. For youths like Amnon, it was their negative thinking that precipitated their negative feelings and their negative behaviour. And the remedy could be quite simple.

Change your thought process. Learn to trust God and think on things: true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8.) Now take your burdens to God in prayer.

Challenge: "Change your negative thought process"

Prayer: "Let the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord"

Quote: "Negative thinking precipitates negative feelings"

Further Reading: Philippians 4:4-9

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2017
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, JANUARY 9, 2017

THE ENEMY WITHIN 2

"But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab; And he said unto him, Why art thou, being the king's son, lean from day to day?...And Amnon said unto him, I love Tamarâ" (2 Samuel 13:3a, 4).

Amnon had a problem. He was in crisis. And depression was lurking around the corner. He needed to talk to a friend. He needed a confidant. Then, entered Jonadab. And he came as a friend. But alas, Jonadab was a dangerous friend or friendly enemy. His counsel led to the ruin of a young lady and untimely death of a promising youth.

Beware of friends like Jonadab who influence you for evil. Remember, the Serpent came as a friend to Eve. But he led her to disobey the word of God. Jezebel showed care and concern for Ahab. But her counsel led to the death of Naboth. Judas Iscariot betrayed the Son of Man with a kiss.

According to Norman Macdonald, "Your worst and most dangerous enemy is the person that injures you under the pretensions of friendship."
You will know them by their fruits. A friend who lures you into sin and rebellion is not a good friend. Avoid him like a plague.

Challenge: "By his or her fruits you will know a friendly enemy"

Prayer: "Lord, deliver me from false friends"

Quote: "Beware of friends who influence you for evil"

Further Reading: Psalm 49:9-13

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29am On Jan 10, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2017

RESULT OF ENTICEMENT

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit" (Genesis 3:6).

Enticement means seduction, allurement, enchantment and deception. It is what makes temptation subtle. Deception is the modus operandi of the Old Serpent. Eve was the first victim. And many more victims have fallen.

Many modern scholars and skeptics have been questioning the validity and authenticity of the stories of the book of Genesis. They dismiss such stories as myths and fantasies. But while they are engrossed in their debate, the Old Serpent continues his stock-in-trade. The truth is that the story did not just happen thousands of years ago; it happened yesterday, it is happening now.

Enticement is a present reality. It is through enticement that many youths have fallen into the bondage of drug addiction. Youths who experiment with premarital sex were promised some exciting experiences. They ended up with unwanted pregnancy, STIs and untimely deaths. Do not believe the Devil's lies. Flee from temptation.

Challenge: "Many youths have fallen through enticement"

Prayer: "When enticed, give me the grace to say no, oh Lord"

Quote: "Do not believe the Devil's lies"

Further Reading: Matthew 4:1-11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11, 2017

INVITATION FROM GOD

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18).

How do you feel when your friends or colleagues are invited specifically to an event and you are left out? There is something about an invitation. It makes us feel special. It makes us feel wanted and accepted. If you attend a social event or function without being invited, you are a gatecrasher and may be embarrassed. The Bible is full of God's invitations to man. God the Father invites the sinner to come for a dialogue. "Come now, and let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18). Jesus invites the heavy laden to "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28). The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come" to him that is thirsty (Revelation 22:17). Such invitation is necessary because sin has estranged man from God. Those who respond to God's invitation receive pardon and free salvation. Answer God's call today. The invitation is still open.

Challenge: "Invitation makes us feel special"

Prayer: "Lord, I accept your offer of salvation"

Quote: "The invitation is still open"

Further Reading: Isaiah 55:1-7

See more at:

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.