Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. (29294 Views)

Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church / How Fake Pastors Swindle Teenagers At Kubwa / Photo: Beware!!! Scammers Using APC To Swindle Unsuspecting Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Abel202: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]My people,
Its like ethnicity has so blinded many of you that you even fail to comprehend what is written here.
The whole article is based on assumption and insinuations that it is the Nigerian students based in Malaysia that are scamming the love-hungry western women, but does their facts prove them right?
1. The western women said (& believed) they were dating "American men".
2. The said women hadly ever met the "American men".
3. Even the woman that visited Malaysia was further scammed by a "White Lady" porporting to be the lawyer of the "American man".
4. The US officials said the Malaysians lacked the capability to track and prove that these acts were actualy being perpetrated by Nigerian students. Although at diffeerent points they have raided and arrested a few Nigerian students for one reason or the other.

QUESTION IS:
How did the Writer of the article became THE ONE THAT SEES AND KNOWS ALL THINGS, to determine and accertain without any equivocation that the said crime was being committed by Nigerians.
Since the victims never said their predators were Nigerians, and the Malaysian authorities never affirmed categorically that the perpetrators were Nigerians either. Even the US affirmed that the Malaysian authorities lacked the capacity to actualy investigate and prosecute the criminals; SO HOW DID THE WRITER OF THIS ARTICLE CAME ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE SCAMMERS ARE ALL OR MOSTLY NIGERIANS?
HOW? Oh I forgot, America knows all things, abi?

Useless write up being digested by unquestioning people.

Truth is that We Nigerians are the smartest people on earth and I have no freaking apologies for that.
Some Nigerian haters can go ahead to paint us as black as they like, it will not stop us from being the great people we are. It will not stop their women from loving us. It will not stop intelligent people all over the globe from doing business with us.
Whether you love us or hate us, I dont give a damn. Continue to malign us at your own peril. Anuofias!!![/b]

34 Likes

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by 9jahubcom(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
i laugh
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by popson1st: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
What has ethnic or tribe got to do with this?
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by princechrming(m): 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
And all I see from the comments is a tribal war! What a pity! C'mon guys!
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
476 africans and they pinned in all on Nigerians? Are we the only Africans around? Besides, why blame the scammer when the scammed deserves as much blame? Take the case of the woman that transfer as much as $250k to an unknown guy?
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
12 years later, oyinbo are still falling for yahoo yahoo cheesy

Oyinbo mumu nor dey get end cry

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
mgbeketoto: I beta hold on to my NIGGA BLOKOS O!
I never knew they were in such high demand. cheesy
So WHITE women are paying millions for illiterate, NIGERIAN blokoses in MALAYSIA kwa nu? shocked

Wonders!

Don't be silly. They pretend to be American men overseas.

American middle-aged and elderly women are racist as fvck.

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
ahkenaten: omo enahh....yhu claim yhu dnt care and you waste your life away here.... sorry o grin grin
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Cheeun(f): 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
grin@topic, that's so unfair o Btw, Hello everyone! Well, erm... erm actually i've been following( maybe stalking sha) some funny & intelligent peepz here with d likes of yuzedo- landlord of banana iceeeland, MrCork, Mrs Chima, Madcow, Okijajuju, Okikioluwa- Mr lastbullet, Mclatunji, Mynd, Idowuogbo(Hmm iya o! I juz luv her craziness lol), Adaobi, mukina (d name just dey crack me), Afam4ever, Smth d clown, among others. And ofcourse, the one & only boss wey NL get - Oga Seun(bows, God bless u, God bless NL & Naija) this great forum for 'bou a year or so now. I be JJC here o so u guys should fami mora i mean u should pls put me thru stuffs i don't understand o. Ah! Ejo mi ti poju abeg no vex and am very sorry for derailing. . . Eh ehn, Oga Seun u go do naming ceremony abi na matric for me o . I love NL. Thanks for reading my story @topic, that's so unfair o cheesy Btw, Hello everyone! Well, erm... erm actually i've been following( maybe stalking sha) some funny & intelligent peepz here with d likes of yuzedo- landlord of banana iceeeland, MrCork, Mrs Chima, Madcow, Okijajuju, Okikioluwa- Mr lastbullet, Mclatunji, Mynd, Idowuogbo(Hmm iya o! I juz luv her craziness lol), Adaobi, mukina (d name just dey crack me), Afam4ever, Smth d clown, among others. And ofcourse, the one & only boss wey NL get - Oga Seun(bows, God bless u, God bless NL & Naija) this great forum for 'bou a year or so now. I be JJC here o so u guys should fami mora i mean u should pls put me thru stuffs i don't understand o. Ah! Ejo mi ti poju abeg no vex and am very sorry for derailing. . . Eh ehn, Oga Seun u go do naming ceremony abi na matric for me o . I love NL. Thanks for reading my story. grin@topic, that's so unfair o Btw, Hello everyone! Well, erm... erm actually i've been following( maybe stalking sha) some funny & intelligent peepz here with d likes of yuzedo- landlord of banana iceeeland, MrCork, Mrs Chima, Madcow, Okijajuju, Okikioluwa- Mr lastbullet, Mclatunji, Mynd, Idowuogbo(Hmm iya o! I juz luv her craziness lol), Adaobi, mukina (d name just dey crack me), Afam4ever, Smth d clown, among others. And ofcourse, the one & only boss wey NL get - Oga Seun(bows, God bless u, God bless NL & Naija) this great forum for 'bou a year or so now. I be JJC here o so u guys should fami mora i mean u should pls put me thru stuffs i don't understand o. Ah! Ejo mi ti poju abeg no vex and am very sorry for derailing. . . Eh ehn, Oga Seun u go do naming ceremony abi na matric for me o . I love NL. Thanks for reading my story. grin
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by oluwamitomisin: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
God bless you real good for your objective reasoning. When i was read this story on a Malaysian News site, before seeing it here on NL, those were my reasoning too. I always feel like how can someone tell you all this 'poo' and you believe him, claiming that as an 'oyinbo' you are smart yourself. Does it mean a black man can really outsmart you that cheaply? I am always annoyed at this.

To the point you raised, i perfectly agree. How will this reporter generalise or come to the conclusion that Nigerians solely are the ones responsible for this act? This people need to stop this judgmental journalism and find a way to address their problems other than do the blame game. Check these schools' records, the so called Nigerians still hold the ace.

Abel202: [b]My people,
Its like ethnicity has so blinded many of you that you even fail to comprehend what is written here.
The whole article is based on assumption and insinuations that it is the Nigerian students based in Malaysia that are scamming the love-hungry western women, but does their facts prove them right?
3. Even the woman that visited Malaysia was further scammed by a "White Lady" porporting to be the lawyer of the "American man".
4. The US officials said the Malaysians lacked the capability to track and prove that these acts were actualy being perpetrated by Nigerian students. Although at diffeerent points they have raided and arrested a few Nigerian students for one reason or the other.

QUESTION IS:
How did the Writer of the article became THE ONE THAT SEES AND KNOWS ALL THINGS, to determine and accertain without any equivocation that the said crime was being committed by Nigerians.
Since the victims never said their predators were Nigerians, and the Malaysian authorities never affirmed categorically that the perpetrators were Nigerians either. Even the US affirmed that the Malaysian authorities lacked the capacity to actualy investigate and prosecute the criminals; SO HOW DID THE WRITER OF THIS ARTICLE CAME ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE SCAMMERS ARE ALL OR MOSTLY NIGERIANS?

Truth is that We Nigerians are the smartest people on earth and I have no freaking apologies for that.
Some Nigerian haters can go ahead to paint us as black as they like, it will not stop us from being the great people we are. It will not stop their women from loving us. It will not stop intelligent people all over the globe from doing business with us.
Whether you love us or hate us, I dont give a damn. Continue to malign us at your own peril. Anuofias!!![/b]

2 Likes

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by begwong: 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
Where do the scammers end up spending the proceeds
Malay!

2 Likes

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by ignis: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nigeria. ... I hail thee.
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by oluamid(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
Abel202: [b]My people,

QUESTION IS:

Thank you, you are the only one who actually read between the lines like I did. All I saw were assumptions. A very bad case of "give a dog a bad name and hang it". All the scam in the world is now done by Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
SunvilleRS: I asked a friend how on earth do Women still fall prey to these conmen considering the huge awareness created worldwide on the web and various media on internet fraud and false love.. He simply smiled and said. A MAGA IS BORN EVERYDAY.

I can't but agreed with him reading through the article. Imagine that ladsy who transfer a whooping $250k of ur life savings to a guy u never met, even if he was Micheal jackson? SMH

Well, its the difference between having a open heart and living in a society where your word is bond, and that of coming from a evil society where anything goes and deceit, lies and treachery are seen as normal.

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Aniroly(m): 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
To seun and the Mods here
the commandment NO.1, 2, 3, and 4 have being Broken by the members of this great forum and am very sure no action has being taken.....
why Are tribalist every where, instead of looking for a way forward and shunning this act we are here cursing each other...
I might have being a tribalist some times ago but am grateful to GOD 2day because am changed person, i take everyone as a brother not minding their tribe..
Lets united and fight corruption in our country Nigeria, its start with me and you, if not us no person elsewhere will do it
this is my opinion and i rest my case..

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by vainfairy: 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
rusher14:

One finds it irritating when we try to justify what is transparently clear to all an act of avarice contrived in the most sophisticated of manner.

Fact, Nigerians aren't the only set of students of foreign background in Malaysia.

Fact, the conditions for studying in Malaysia which are well dictated for each and every foreign student before, during and after visa issuance include the exclusion from working.

Fact, the inherent quest to hit the big-time overnight has morphed from being a culture to a deadly malaise smearing the reputation of each and every Nigerian upstanding or not.

There is no justification for the rapaciousness of the Nigerian youth. While It is mostly true our leaders, parents and religious organizations have failed us, the onus rests on us to channel our resources in the most positive of ways rather than feeding off the negativity and circumventing even further a shimmering future filled with hope.

The article expresses the high-speed, high-tech nature of the Malaysian cyber network. If positively exploited the Nigerian contingent could find a a niche through which licit pecuniary gains could be made.

The future is of the Nigerian youth if only he/she recognizes it. We are creative, adventurous and daring. Who dares to say we cannot compete with the likes of Beats by Dre' and Angry Birds from Rovio?

Take the evil out of the people and they'll be acting right. The need to eschew and exorcise this trait of cupidity reads loudly more than ever.

Shame, we haven't identified its presence.

& we neva will!!!

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Flyingngel(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
This thing is even more sophisticated in Nigeria, last week Monday a man who told us that he is from IMO state came to our office and intimated my boss that he is from LG electronics company and that they are doing promo with their television ranging from 22inches to the last one of about 150k.
My boss went for the one of 70k but decided to give 20k until he deliver the TV with the gift of generator,home teather,washing machine,gas cooker,iron; and free deliver anywhere. The next day he came with with all the gift items and the television but the staffs were cautious to part with their hard earn money then the man decided to add a medium fridge to it,one man decided to pay 70k for it, lo and behold they came with all the products,that was what they needed to lure the people.At the end those people absconded with 1.7million Nair,and when i sat down to add up all their gift it was 500k for the two people that pay , making from us a whooping 1.2Million.
Bottom line - Be contented with what you have.

4 Likes

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by mu2sa2: 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hard to find a northerner in this type of crime.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Stolen In Awka, Anambra (Photo) / Trader Shot Dead As Armed Robbery Gang Invade Phone Market In Ogun / Abusive Dad Flees As His Daughter Stands Up To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.