Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (4676 Views)

My Boyfriend Doesnt Know How To Pet A Gurl. / What Are The Best Ways For Couples To Resolve Conflicts? / Why Do Ladies Always Want Their Guy To Pet Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 09, 2014
!
Re: . by mstik(f): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Tell him to grow up. pet ko, pet ni

12 Likes

Re: . by Tallesty1(m): 9:01am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle: In a relationship that requires petting a 30 year old man and I still don't know the best way to handle it.
He is an only son with 5 sisters and I believe he was pampered all through and now I am faced with the challenge of pampering him sad

If I don't call early enough na war, if I don't call before bed we won't talk for a day or more.
If I don't pick his calls then I don't miss him etc..

I like him a lot because he is a good person, humble and Godfearing plus very honest.
Please guys in the house tell me how to pamper a man.
And you are still asking what you should do.

I pity the guy sha. He needs to grow up

1 Like

Re: . by jnrbayano(m): 9:01am On Jul 09, 2014
Just wean him, apparently he is still suckling.

You should pick his calls or acknowledge his calls when you miss them. This shows commitment.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 09, 2014
;
Re: . by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 09, 2014
Re: . by jnrbayano(m): 9:08am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle:
But those aren't big deals.... Somedays I get home to tired and I just pass out only to wake up and see. Series of missed calls and then he wouldn't let me explain because he won't pick my calls again.

In situations such as that send him an Sms first and ring him later.

No matter how pissed he is he won't fail to read your Sms

1 Like

Re: . by cbrass(m): 9:09am On Jul 09, 2014
You just have to wean him, he probably is still enjoying his mum's and perhaps sister's milk......just pick his calls when you miss him then call him to order, because some guys want to carry what they have been used to into their relationships while others that had bad experinces never want to. And from the look of things this might be his ever forst relationship
Re: . by jnrbayano(m): 9:10am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle:
Lol@ wean him, I return his calls when I miss them but he hardly wants to hear my explanations.

Sms is a powerful weapon, employ it more often. I have a thread on Sms here, apparently you didn't read it.
Re: . by Prowizy2(m): 9:15am On Jul 09, 2014
Growing up as the only son isn't an excuse. . At 30 he's matured enough to stop doing those things you mentioned above. . 'He's not ready to be a man yet.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2014
!
Re: . by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2014
I totally agree with the peeps who advised that he stop being a baby and grow up. However, I still appreciate the fact that some petting aint bad in a relationship but this has to be reciprocal.

If he did not hear from you before bed time, it only means that he has not called you also. In your own little way, you can try to call to inquire about his well being, especially during his break time at work but this should be done to a reasonable extent.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2014
Re: . by jnrbayano(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle:
Ok, but we watsapp often. Thanks will go through it

Cool.

Sms and chat msgs are different. Sms carries a different aura.
Re: . by Tallesty1(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle:
But those aren't big deals.... Somedays I get home to tired and I just pass out only to wake up and see. Series of missed calls and then he wouldn't let me explain because he won't pick my calls again.
Thats why I said that he needs to grow up nah, n yhu should try to call him when whenable. Things wey dey dia be say 1: He doesn't trust you. 2: He doesn't trust himself. 3: He loves you more than you love him.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 09, 2014
Re: . by delishpot: 10:32am On Jul 09, 2014
One question for you. Can you handle these tantrums of his for the rest of your life?
Esp after marriage when you guys will be in each others face, can you handle the drama 24/7? Can you ?
If yes, then you already have the solution in your hands. Your question holds the answer.
Never miss his calls
Never go to bed without calling
Always call him early enough.
And, get ready to do much more after marriage cos he will expect some extras when you become wifey.
Good luck with him.
Re: . by Tallesty1(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle:
Why should a man love a woman he doesn't trust
It is possible! We love with our hearts and think with our brains and they don't always communicate or agree. You can't just stop your feelings and our brains sometimes shut down when we are inlove. Love and Trust are important in a relationship but Love comes first. Trust takes time to build. You can love someone without trust but as far as a relationship goes you have to have trust for it to work, and that is what he is trying to do. Maybe you have given him reason to doubt or maybe he has his reasons. Remember guys don't always believe excuses women give because we know how they can fabricate millions of lies within seconds. It is his love for you that will make him trust you.

This your Monicker sef
Re: . by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Re: . by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2014
Bj
Re: . by delishpot: 10:58am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle:
Honestly I can't put up with such Drama if it prolongs... I was raised in such a way that I don't have to pamper anyone. I am strong on ma own and his actions are strange to me since this is my first rltnshp that requires pampering an adult.
Btw we haven't gotten to that stage where we discuss marriage but if he continues this way, I might throw in the towel sooner.
But for now I want to see if the problem is me, and may be we can work towards changing ourselves.

My dear, its not you he is just a big baby. What you cant withstand now, will only piss you off 10x over when you and him share a home. The relationship is already draining your energy very soon you will lose your zest for fun because he wants you around him all day.
Anyway sha, call him and tell him he has to grow up if he wants you guys to keep dating. Tell him you are feeling strained and drained and you cant keep the game going. If he changes then good for you, if he doesnt, then ehmmmmmm, you know what you want.
Re: . by cbrass(m): 11:11am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle:
Not his first rltnship, he claims I am not comitted and do not love him Enough.
He isn't a muma's boy but he loves too much attention though he gives me 100 percent of his time which due to work I haven't been able to reciprocate

Hmm, just explain to him cos who knows if this is why he quit previous relationships.....hisnt he working too to always get busy?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: . by Tallesty1(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2014
3cycle:
What is wrong with ma username? You prefer holes to cycles? grin
lols
Re: . by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 09, 2014
Re: . by morhsuud22(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
Buy water gun for him....wait sef why you dey refer to 30years old person as guy?
Re: . by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
G
Re: . by morhsuud22(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
9ja always answering questions with questions.....#he's a man and you've to make him understand that he isn't getting any younger
3cycle:
Too old or too young to be called a guy?
Re: . by sexymoma(f): 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
A ship is designed to to take you places,
So if your friendSHIP, partnerSHIP, CompanionSHIP, or relationSHIP isn't taking you anywhere abandon the SHIP.

My dear as a lady you aren't suppose to be asking how to pet a grown man
instead have a rethink on the kind of relationship you having with him.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
Are you a girlfriend,or a Nanny. Please tell me which you are,before I give any advice.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
;

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.. / Help!My younger sister amazed me today / How Do You Get Over Heartbreaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.