Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (619480 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Kayman358(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
tr3y:
This Andela sabi play joke o.

After sending interview mail that I have even scheduled and filled their pre-interview questionnaire. Out of nowhere they suddenly deci to send regret mail.

Makes me wonder if they were sleeping and sending mail before.

Anybody else in same boat with me abi na only me waka come?

Forward them your first mail bro. You deserve an explanation, a mix-up has occurred somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
tr3y:
Did you receive their congratulations mail? Were you able to schedule your interview before they send you this mail?
Never received any
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
Kayman358:

Forward them your first mail bro. You deserve an explanation, a mix-up has occurred somewhere.

Thank you for the idea, I have forward all the mails like 5 they have sent since relating to the interview.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 12:00am On Apr 16, 2016
iamoracle:

Never received any

They sent me the congratulatory mail and I even scheduled the interview. If they just sent only regret mail, I wouldn't have bothered but they sent link to schedule my interview which I did just for them to send regret mail later on.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 12:31am On Apr 16, 2016
tr3y:

They sent me the congratulatory mail and I even scheduled the interview. If they just sent only regret mail, I wouldn't have bothered but they sent link to schedule my interview which I did just for them to send regret mail later on.
Does d regret mail dey send to u same as mine?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 8:31am On Apr 16, 2016
iamoracle:

Does d regret mail dey send to u same as mine?
Exactly the same thing
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2016
Kayman358:

I have also been ruminating on what I must have done wrong during the application process and also the tests phase. But, sincerely I'm yet to find a way around it. I feel, for one not to be making the same mistake over and over, we should know what not to do the next time and the things to watch out for. Going through all the pages on this thread has not even answered "what not to do the next time?". Enigmatique and those who got invitation mails, we wish you the very best of luck, kindly drop hints on what you guys have done that you feel might have been the deciding factor for Andela recruitment process.
Thanks!!!

CC Toystars, Ramos16
Well noted bro.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Speneto: 6:36am On Apr 18, 2016
Please someone who was invited for the interview should please give the rest of us hint as to what we might be doing wrong in the plum and home study test.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
has anyone gone for the interview? please share ur experience
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
Speneto:
Please someone who was invited for the interview should please give the rest of us hint as to what we might be doing wrong in the plum and home study test.

i doubt u r doing anything wrong, I think they randomly select candidates with d same scores

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by onyebig1(m): 11:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
We r programmers . I dont think the pick with scores. I dont even think the Homestudy r been score . How can u score program that we all can even use different algorithm to program.
i think i ve the idea of how the select the candidate . remember this is a programmed system, and we all need to decode the coding.
am not sure on how the select but will confirm my decoding process after the next class that is if i didnt make it.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 19, 2016
onyebig1:
We r programmers . I dont think the pick with scores. I dont even think the Homestudy r been score . How can u score program that we all can even use different algorithm to program.
i think i ve the idea of how the select the candidate . remember this is a programmed system, and we all need to decode the coding.
am not sure on how the select but will confirm my decoding process after the next class that is if i didnt make it.
You could design diff algorithms but some will surely be more efficient, what if other candidates wrote better algorithms overall than the others?

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
tonyfrenzy:

You could design diff algorithms but some will surely be more efficient, what if other candidates wrote better algorithms overall than the others?

exactly my thought, they might have used time and space complexity

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
any info abt the interview?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hey guys,

We realise that a lot of people have interest in programming but not the right material to learn with, so I and some fellows have decided to start a video tutorial series on youtube where we teach you programming, also there will be tutorials that will be tailored specifically towards Andela's curriculum to help you guys get familiar with the curriculum.

we hope to start very soon. please send us a mail on everything.in.6.minutes@gmail.com if you have any specific tutorial you will like us to make.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ramos16:
Hey guys,

We realise that a lot of people have interest in programming but not the right material to learn with, so I and some fellows have decided to start a video tutorial series on youtube where we teach you programming, also there will be tutorials that will be tailored specifically towards Andela's curriculum to help you guys get familiar with the curriculum.

we hope to start very soon. please send us a mail on everything.in.6.minutes@gmail.com if you have any specific tutorial you will like us to make.
This is an absolutely great idea! Thanks bro!

5staG, miketayo, Speneto, tr3y, Kayman358, iamoracle, spartanian, onyebig1 etc, this is a great initiative. Let's all buy into it and encourage an earlier launch/commencement by indicating our interest.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2016
enigmatique:

This is an absolutely great idea! Thanks bro!

5staG, miketayo, Speneto, tr3y, Kayman358, iamoracle, spartanian, onyebig1 etc, this is a great initiative. Let's all buy into it and encourage an earlier launch/commencement by indicating our interest.

It's a nice idea, I think they are targeting people who wants to get the basics of programming, beginners so to speak.
It will be great to see YouTube video.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Kayman358(m): 9:43am On Apr 25, 2016
Ramos16:
Hey guys,

Thanks for this powerful way forward, we hope to add this to our study materials for the coming cycle.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by techthought: 2:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hi @enigmatique, have you been interviewed?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by goshen26: 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
kk
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 5:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
techthought:
Hi @enigmatique, have you been interviewed?
Nah, not yet. I'm scheduled for tomorrow.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
enigmatique:

all d best

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kobosavers(m): 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
enigmatique:

Hello enigmatique, I have been looking through posts but I can't find much to help me.
I have done the plum tests but I did not get a mail with scores; is that normal? what was outlined were my strengths etc.
Also I received the home study downloads, but no test link...
Please forgive my questions.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
kobosavers:

Hello enigmatique, I have been looking through posts but I can't find much to help me.
I have done the plum tests but I did not get a mail with scores; is that normal? what was outlined were my strengths etc.

they done give scores for the plum test, at least I didnt get any. do u mean home study curriculum, didnt download anything.. Check ur mail properly for the test link, or u can mail them to resend it.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
miketayo:

they done give scores for the plum test, at least I didnt get any. do u mean home study curriculum, didnt download anything.. Check ur mail properly for the test link, or u can mail them to resend it.

The Test link will be sent later, maybe 2 to 4 weeks from registration and moreover, you need to study the curriculum properly before taking the test.--- No rush!

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 2:52am On Apr 29, 2016
kobosavers:

Firstly, you didn't commit any offence by asking these questions. They are legitimate questions, and ain't nothing bad in that.

Now, as miketayo said, you don't get numeric test scores for the Plum test. It's a personality test, and the way it is graded is to list the top strengths of your personality. These "scores" are displayed on the Plum site itself and won't be sent to your mailbox.

As per the Home Study Curriculum, yes, there's now a downloadable version of the curriculum. Therein, most of the web pages we're supposed to read are found, though as PDFs. I didn't know this too while applying for class XIII until I finished the curriculum. Just check your spam folder for the test link's mail and if it isn't there, wait for 2-3 days. You should get it before then.

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2016
enigmatique:

Firstly, you didn't commit any offence by asking these questions. They are legitimate questions, and ain't nothing bad in that.

Now, as miketayo said, you don't get numeric test scores for the Plum test. It's a personality test, and the way it is graded is to list the top strengths of your personality. These "scores" are displayed on the Plum site itself and won't be sent to your mailbox.

As per the Home Study Curriculum, yes, there's now a downloadable version of the curriculum. Therein, most of the web pages we're supposed to read are found, though as PDFs. I didn't know this too while applying for class XIII until I finished the curriculum. Just check your spam folder for the test link's mail and if it isn't there, wait for 2-3 days. You should get it before then.

How did your interview go?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2016
omonosa25:

How did your interview go?
It went very well. I was interviewed by two men and it was more of a friendly conversation than a barrage of questions that make you ill at ease. They asked my name, my previous software projects, what I would have done differently about those projects, what I knew about Andela, if I was really ready for a 4 year commitment etc.

A main point, however, was a certain paper they gave us before the interview to read and digest for ten minutes and then come and answer questions about.

Similarly, this time around, they DID ask a technical question, which was about binary search.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mrter: 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hi,
I am new on this forum. I have been following you guys(and girls) here for a while, and your conversations and insights have been illuminating. I applied for andela XIV(spring application), but could not get past the homestudy test. I have applied again, I am hoping to go further this time. Thanks for the information on the interview. It underlines the importance of reading the homestudy curriculum thoroughly.
enigmatique:

It went very well. I was interviewed by two men and it was more of a friendly conversation than a barrage of questions that make you ill at ease. They asked my name, my previous software projects, what I would have done differently about those projects, what I knew about Andela, if I was really ready for a 4 year commitment etc.
A main point, however, was a certain paper they gave us before the interview to read and digest for ten minutes and then come and answer questions about.
Similarly, this time around, they DID ask a technical question, which was about binary search.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ali01: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hello Andela i just discover the great opportunity last week, and i have applied, i have taken the survey and now am reading the HomeStudy curriculum.
but i have not seeing the test link.

please what should i do next?
thanks.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
mrter:
Hi,
I am new on this forum. I have been following you guys(and girls) here for a while, and your conversations and insights have been illuminating. I applied for andela XIV(spring application), but could not get past the homestudy test. I have applied again, I am hoping to go further this time. Thanks for the information on the interview. It underlines the importance of reading the homestudy curriculum thoroughly.
cheesy cheesy

You're very welcome bro. It's a pleasure to be of help as much as possible. Best wishes for your current application too.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ali01: 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
enigmatique:

cheesy cheesy
You're very welcome bro. It's a pleasure to be of help as much as possible. Best wishes for your current application too.
Ali01:
Hello Andela i just discover the great opportunity last week, and i have applied, i have taken the survey and now am reading the HomeStudy curriculum.
but i have not seeing the test link.

please what should i do next?
thanks.

PLEASE HELP AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS
THANKS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.