Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620168 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 23, 2016
tr3y:

There are different algorithm for Prime number check Google bro.
Clearly you don't understand.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DatechMan(m): 4:14am On Jun 25, 2016
tr3y:

The application is still on, I am sure the interview will be next month.

Your algorithm is not okay, assuming someone pass in 2000 which clearly is not prime, your algorithm will now start dividing 2000 with all the numbers between 2 and 2000. That is the definition of inefficiency.
Now imagine if you pass 2000000000, even my grandmother knows that is not prime in like 2 sec whereas your algo will spend minutes/hours trying to figure it out. That is if your Pentium 1 system does not hang and crash. Think of a better way.

What is the prospect of Andela?
I currently work with a multi-national company. Although I love programming and would very much want to join Andela. Who can I talk to? Do you know any of their fellows?

The algorithm above is not as bad as you make it seem.
The function terminates at every "return" statement. Therefore if the input is 2000, it does only one check. However the improvement is the loop boundary which are generally guided by some weird Number theorem. Although "Num/2" or "SQRT(Num)" is sufficient for small inputs.

Regards,
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2016
DatechMan:

What is the prospect of Andela?
I currently work with a multi-national company. Although I love programming and would very much want to join Andela. Who can I talk to? Do you know any of their fellows?

The algorithm above is not as bad as you make it seem.
The function terminates at every "return" statement. Therefore if the input is 2000, it does only one check. However the improvement is the loop boundary which are generally guided by some weird Number theorem. Although "Num/2" or "SQRT(Num)" is sufficient for small inputs.

Regards,
#GodBlessNigeria
Yeah right. It is even worse than I thought it only check if number is divisible by 2.
Anyway, you can always ask your question here, you will definitely get an answer. You could also go through the thread, I am sure someone would have asked questions similar to yours.

Cheers
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DatechMan(m): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
tr3y:

Yeah right. It is even worse than I thought it only check if number is divisible by 2.
Anyway, you can always ask your question here, you will definitely get an answer. You could also go through the thread, I am sure someone would have asked questions similar to yours.

Cheers

I think I've gotten some answers to my question. Thanks

By the way,

Typically, the else clause is omitted.

At the end of the iteration, just put " return true"

Cheers
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by webcalculator(m): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Naughtylyn: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2016
For a comprehensive book on Mobile phones and Tablets Repairs, click the link below 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bashmantech: 6:23am On Jun 28, 2016
Plz, I'm finding it hard to submit. It usually says Quiz not initialized or Error.. what can i do??

i want to finish it and submit once and for all.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bashmantech: 6:37am On Jun 28, 2016
Bashmantech:
Plz, I'm finding it hard to submit. It usually says Quiz not initialized or Error.. what can i do??

i want to finish it and submit once and for all.
ok.. completed. what next plz??
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toheebDOTcom(m): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2016
Hello guys, I received my home study curriculum on 8th of June stating I finish it by that same day. it seems weird but I managed to do that before the clock strikes 12.

Am yet to receive a mail on my success of the test. Any cause of alarm yet?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by webcalculator(m): 12:11am On Jul 01, 2016
Please how much do andela pay fellows. Is it up to 100k naira?
Reply @firdaus1
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aipheee: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2016
Hello...
Please somebody who just finished "bootcamp" told me the salary is NGN80K.
Please how viable is this?? Because NGN80 for me is far too low.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by webcalculator(m): 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
aipheee:
Hello...
Please somebody who just finished "bootcamp" told me the salary is NGN80K.
Please how viable is this?? Because NGN80 for me is far too low.
If they pay up to 80k then is good considering the knowledge you'll acquire at the end of the program
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aipheee: 12:00am On Jul 03, 2016
webcalculator:

If they pay up to 80k then is good considering the knowledge you'll acquire at the end of the program

Not like the pay is for the bootcamp oO... I mean when you've been fully accepted as an Andela fellow:
NGN80k/Month
Work with American Time ie you can work even midnight!
Then sign a contract that when breached you pay $20,000.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by webcalculator(m): 5:04am On Jul 03, 2016
aipheee:

Not like the pay is for the bootcamp oO... I mean when you've been fully accepted as an Andela fellow:
NGN80k/Month
I'm aware is monthly. Working night won't be a problem, the problem is the contract. I wish they allow people to be free. I also believe they review the pay every year throughout the program
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ifedayosteven(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2016
need help with algo lab
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2016
Ifedayosteven:
need help with algo lab

Post your code.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Feraz(m): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
So I got to chapter ten and saw only two pdf files. Read them, logged in and tried answering questions, only to see questions on Javascript, CSS and the likes of it. I was mad!

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ifedayosteven(m): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
tr3y:

Post your code.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ifedayosteven(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Need help fast. That's the only things left and the deadline is fast approaching
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by greatgbolla(m): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Can someone help me with this, it's not accepting my solution.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ifedayosteven:
Need help fast. That's the only things left and the deadline is fast approaching

Get_algorithm_result is okay.
For your prime number just use test for 2 and 3 e.g if num is divisible by 2 or 3 or nums is 2 or 3.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Spyde(m): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
aipheee:

NGN80k/Month
pls kindly xplain more on d contract.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mrjayman: 4:29am On Jul 04, 2016
Hello friends, I applied since may, I kept sending mails, requesting for the homestudy test link, but there was no response until last week saying the mail was sent in may, although, I never got the mail, I tried logging in to the proctor site with my email and characters before the @ as my password, and log in was successful.

The date on the curriculum invitation was may 22nd, and it was stated that I complete the test before deadline day. But I don't know my deadline day (because I never got a mail) , and when I requested for it, I did not get a response.

Dear nairalanders, is the deadline date fixed, and does it apply to all applicants irrespective of the date the curriculum invitation was received ?
Or does the deadline date depend on the date the curriculum invitation was received ?

If it does, please help me calculate the number of days/weeks from the date you received your test to the specified deadline you received, So I can compute mine.
Thanks.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 5:13am On Jul 04, 2016
Mrjayman:
Hello friends, I applied since may, I kept sending mails, requesting for the homestudy test link, but there was no response until last week saying the mail was sent in may, although, I never got the mail, I tried logging in to the proctor site with my email and characters before the @ as my password, and log in was successful.

The date on the curriculum invitation was may 22nd, and it was stated that I complete the test before deadline day. But I don't know my deadline day (because I never got a mail) , and when I requested for it, I did not get a response.

Dear nairalanders, is the deadline date fixed, and does it apply to all applicants irrespective of the date the curriculum invitation was received ?
Or does the deadline date depend on the date the curriculum invitation was received ?

If it does, please help me calculate the number of days/weeks from the date you received your test to the specified deadline you received, So I can compute mine.
Thanks.

Check the last section(footer) of the mail they sent to you. The deadline is there.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mrjayman: 7:43am On Jul 04, 2016
tr3y:

Check the last section(footer) of the mail they sent to you. The deadline is there.

But I never got a mail.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Feraz(m): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2016
Feraz:
So I got to chapter ten and saw only two pdf files. Read them, logged in and tried answering questions, only to see questions on Javascript, CSS and the likes of it. I was mad!

tr3y, kindly check the above post and the image attached. Please, has anyone experienced this problem? I actually couldn't answer much in the first quiz. . .
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2016
Mrjayman:

But I never got a mail.
Oh I see, once you login to proctor, you will see the deadline there just on the page you click to begin the test after login.

Feraz:

tr3y, kindly check the above post and the image attached. Please, has anyone experienced this problem? I actually couldn't answer much in the first quiz. . .

I am equally surprised here too, I didn't go through the Homestudy much as I am already familiar with JavaScript so I never noticed there is no resource for JavaScript there.

Anyway so I checked the online resource and voila JS is included but you need internet for it so I guess that's why its not included in the offline archive, This is the link http://andela.github.io/homestudy/
Open it and go to chapter 10
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mrjayman: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
tr3y:

Oh I see, once you login to proctor, you will see the deadline there just on the page you click to begin the test after login.

But there was no date

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mrjayman:

But there was no date

Oh then I will advise you to finish ASAP since you got no response from the mails you sent to Andela.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mrjayman: 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
tr3y:

Oh then I will advise you to finish ASAP since you got no response from the mails you sent to Andela.

Thanks bro, but I want to know is the deadline date fixed for every applicant,
Or does it depend on the day your invite was sent. If it does, how many days /weeks difference was yours.

I need to know, so I can estimate my deadline.
Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mrjayman:

Thanks bro, but I want to know is the deadline date fixed for every applicant,
Or does it depend on the day your invite was sent. If it does, how many days /weeks difference was yours.

I need to know, so I can estimate my deadline.
Thanks

The deadline is the same for everybody and I believe it is close(probably this weekend) so hurry up.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ifedayosteven(m): 1:53am On Jul 05, 2016
its still not working. pls send message PM on ifedayosteven@gmail.com or BBM 5EFACE96
tr3y:

Get_algorithm_result is okay.
For your prime number just use test for 2 and 3 e.g if num is divisible by 2 or 3 or nums is 2 or 3.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.