Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620155 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Darlx(m): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2016
@Ubah1 and @Ladiadeniran

What were your average PLUM scores? E.g top 5% of employees, top 10% of employees, etc?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Darlx(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2016
Speneto:
Hi gays I finally got an invite on the third attempt, all Glory be to God. na GodWin oooo!!!

You got yours when?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2016
Speneto:
Hi gays I finally got an invite on the third attempt, all Glory be to God. na GodWin oooo!!!

Third attempt .. wowSo what did you do differently this time... Goodluck to all those dat ave been selected for the interview

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by EsteemedB(f): 10:29am On Jul 13, 2016
nice thread.I hop I get the invite soon too

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ubah1(m): 10:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Darlx:
@Ubah1 and @Ladiadeniran

What were your average PLUM scores? E.g top 5% of employees, top 10% of employees, etc?

I got top 15%
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Darlx(m): 10:49am On Jul 13, 2016
Ubah1:

I got top 15%

Thanks for the info
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ubah1(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2016
Speneto:
Thanks for the quick response, I'm talking about the time zone, I choose 2:00 am translated to 10:00 am Nigerian time is it correct?

No i don't think that's correct. The time they used is GMT + 1:00, which is normal nigerian time. Unless ur system or phone time is wrong
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Redmalie: 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
Pls alleybuy, I'm on my home study quiz, I did exactly what ohrah directed you to do but still getting error, pls help me out.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Redmalie: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hi alleybuy ,pls help me out with my oop code

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Redmalie: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
Guys pls help me out with this code I'm still getting errors ,don't know y

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Redmalie: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
Pls oahray help me with this error I'm getting. Been stuck here for hours.pls

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ladiadeniran(m): 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
mine was 5%
Darlx:
@Ubah1 and @Ladiadeniran

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oahray: 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
Redmalie:
the pic isn't displaying clearly on my phone, but I can see your indentation is a major ish. All class method definitions (eg, deposit and withdraw) should have the same indentation as the class init definition.

And your subclass ( MinimumBalanceAccount) shouldn't be indented at all because it is outside the superclass definition.

I think the deadline has passed. People are getting interview invites already.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Naijazure: 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Redmalie:

Keep trying you'll sure make it
There's this format below, check it out to correct your indentation errors

Thanks to the Nairaland team who assisted me too!

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
Redmalie:
both your deposit and withdrawal function should not be inside your init function. It should be inside the BankAccout class but outside the init function.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ladiadeniran(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
Dis wld definitely wrk it was w@ i used.
Redmalie:
Guys pls help me out with this code I'm still getting errors ,don't know y

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Spyde(m): 10:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
ladiadeniran:
mine was 5%
in like how many areas??
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Spyde(m): 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ubah1:

I got top 15%
in like how many areas?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Spyde(m): 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ubah1:

I got top 15%
in like how many areas?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ubah1(m): 8:50am On Jul 14, 2016
Spyde:
in like how many areas?

In like three areas

Here is my plum test link

https://app.plum.io/profile/Ubah1
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by D34lw4p(m): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
Just got invitation for the interview and dont know what I will expect there, is there anyone here that has gone for the interview? Should pls brief me on the type of question asked.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Lordsurh: 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ubah1:

Mine is 18th july to 26th july.

Will be coming from port Harcourt, what abt you?

I reside in lag
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Lordsurh: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
My own problems now is I currently have a job, and I will have to quit if I get called for the two weeks boot camp, they won't give me two weeks leave, what If I now quit and I don't get selected finally.. Am back to square one no job atall
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ladiadeniran(m): 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
From what i got from my friends that are currently fellows, the questions would really be testing one's passion and some technical issues which should be easy if one really did go through the home study.Algorithms, OOP, Basics of Computer Science too.
D34lw4p:
Just got invitation for the interview and dont know what I will expect there, is there anyone here that has gone for the interview? Should pls brief me on the type of question asked.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ubah1(m): 6:53am On Jul 15, 2016
Lordsurh:
My own problems now is I currently have a job, and I will have to quit if I get called for the two weeks boot camp, they won't give me two weeks leave, what If I now quit and I don't get selected finally.. Am back to square one no job atall

My advise is that if your current job isn't worth risking it, its better you don't but if not, give it a try and have a positive mindset towards it. I believe you will get selected if you put ur best and have the right mindset towards it. But its mainly for those that are unemployed or underemployed and have the passion for it.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by olahwisdom(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2016
Hi people! Who is scheduled to take the Andela Fellowship interview today? I want to find out how it went. I'll be interviewing tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Feraz(m): 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hey guys. . .please, a hint needed on the kinda questions being asked. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ladiadeniran(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
I had mine today.it was supposed to be great rite now i'm really in a fix.There was a quick test before the main interview divided into two parts i.e Technical and Soft skill evaluation.The first part had 3 questions bothering on python really i dont think they would be repeated though and the other we had to read two mails determine why the revised mail was better.To the interview it was pretty informal (although i was nervous through it) but you can be relaxed and the questions can really not be premeditated they could ask you anything technical or anything relating to you generally.
olahwisdom:
Hi people! Who is scheduled to take the Andela Fellowship interview today? I want to find out how it went. I'll be interviewing tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dongido: 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
ladiadeniran:
I had mine today.it was supposed to be great rite now i'm really in a fix.There was a quick test before the main interview divided into two parts i.e Technical and Soft skill evaluation.The first part had 3 questions bothering on python really i dont think they would be repeated though and the other we had to read two mails determine why the revised mail was better.To the interview it was pretty informal (although i was nervous through it) but you can be relaxed and the questions can really not be premeditated they could ask you anything technical or anything relating to you generally.

bro, what type of python question, u can list it lets have idea of wat to expect

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by olahwisdom(m): 4:00am On Jul 19, 2016
ladiadeniran:

Thanks a lot Ladi. I hope you get invited for the boot-camp. So, for those three Python questions, did you have to write an algorithm or code? Or where they multiple choice questions written on a paper or perhaps oral? Also, kindly list the questions or, safer still, find a way to give us more details about the questions without out-rightly saying them.

You've been very helpful so far, thanks once again.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ladiadeniran(m): 7:35am On Jul 19, 2016
i would not be sure they would repeat questions though.but they were 3 questions, the first two asked for what the python interpreter would print and the last was to write a code.
dongido:

bro, what type of python question, u can list it lets have idea of wat to expect

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by olahwisdom(m): 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
To whom it may concern.

I had my interview to be an Andela fellow today and it was quite nice. The interviewers will be generally nice, I can assure you. So, be calm, don't sweat.

To summarize, the interview was basically the way ladiadeniran put it above:

--> Three Python based questions on a sheet of paper. Two involved determinig what the console will spit out once the algorithm was run. For the last one, you'll need to write the algorithm on the piece of paper. In my opinion, this was the most difficult part of the whole process.
--> Also, there's the part where you'll read through two examples of emails sent to a client by fellows and you are asked too compare both and be able to state a good amount of differences. You'll also decide which of the two mails is better.

--> Then comes the part where you sit and have a chat with the fellow and trainer(I believe they are usually paired in twos this way). So, the questions vary, so all I'll say here is learn the Homestudy material well, do some research on Andela, and talk to them.

Andela is a really cool place to be, I guess - I've never worked there cheesy.
In the end it's who you are that matters, not where you are or what you do.

Your's,
Olah Femi Johnson

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.