Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (619516 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adex001(m): 11:33am On Jun 14, 2017
Bahddo:
congrats. Go blow their minds cool
Yeah! sure and Thanks. cool wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
Bahddo:
awww... Cheer up bro. Just study some more, practice writing code and try again. Many fellows had to try multiple times before they finally made it in.

Didn't make the cut either, I got similar message like Yusuf... I'll be applying for the next cycle... Whatever Doesn't kill you makes you stronger... I guess those quiz answers might have impacted it. I didn't study the whole of the material.. I'll leave no stones unturned this time around. ... Thanks Bro for your time so far

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2017
kayoph:

Didn't make the cut either, I got similar message like Yusuf... I'll be applying for the next cycle... Whatever Doesn't kill you makes you stronger... I guess those quiz answers might have impacted it. I didn't study the whole of the material.. I'll leave no stones unturned this time around. ... Thanks Bro for your time so far
you're welcome bro. Yeah, your quiz accuracy matters. In the proctor days, it was what usually made the difference, since everyone who completes their test managed to write code that passed. I admire your spirit. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dyydxx: 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
Bahddo:
you're welcome bro. Yeah, your quiz accuracy matters. In the proctor days, it was what usually made the difference, since everyone who completes their test managed to write code that passed. I admire your spirit. All the best.

Bro how much do fellows get as salary monthly?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
dyydxx:

Bro how much do fellows get as salary monthly?
no idea bro. I'm not a fellow smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dyydxx: 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
Bahddo:
no idea bro. I'm not a fellow smiley

it's 80k if you scale from bootcamp and something like 225k after 18 months or so. The contract also comes with some burdensome restrictions some feel are too harsh but i think it's worth it at the end of the day

https://radar.techcabal.com/t/so-andela-isnt-what-i-thought/4752/80
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ysd01(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ah! I couldn't make it through but I've already applied for the next cycle... Am so happy for the lucky ones, I wish you success to the end.

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sannytee: 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
dyydxx:

it's 80k if you scale from bootcamp and something like 225k after 18 months or so. The contract also comes with some burdensome restrictions some feel are too harsh but i think it's worth it at the end of the day

it's more than 80k for starter
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bism(m): 10:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
fufuNegusi:

I am new into coding too and I just applied last week also
So I guess we are on the same page

It depends on your passion and commitment towards all this
pls Sir kindly type the link to apply.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dyydxx: 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
sannytee:

it's more than 80k for starter

what's your source and how much exactly?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by phililp(m): 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
ojoawo:
did the 2nd level assessment too... seems legit. the owner is Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, a 23 year old entrepreneur.
what i dont understand is if they really use the online assessment to screen anybody out cos most of my pals who did it all seem to be getting an interview invite

i think the owner is jeremy johnson.... a white
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sannytee: 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
dyydxx:

what's your source and how much exactly?
GoodBoi1:

Last time I got concrete info about Andela entry level salary, it was 90k.
voltz:

When you get to week two of the bootcamp, they will tell you about the pay. It's twice that tho.
voltz is a fellow.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bumski10(m): 8:11am On Jun 15, 2017
Was also invited for the interviews... So happy... I wish everyone that made it thus far success...

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by OSI7: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2017
dyydxx:

Thanks a lot for this link bro! Got a lot of insights from it. I think everyone here should take a look at it too.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2017
A friend of mine who has not taken the test at all said he received the same message like the one I saw. Please what's the meaning of that.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fufuNegusi(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
Bism:
pls Sir kindly type the link to apply.

https://andela.com/apply/
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
dyydxx:

hmmm... Why are people so interested in the pay anyway. I've seen a copy of the contract, and it's very much fair to me, considering the experience you get to gain. It's not a charity organization.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
phililp:

i think the owner is jeremy johnson.... a white
there is no owner. There are co-founders that all worked together to make Andela possible. There's Iyin (E), Jeremy, Christina, Ian.... Even Nadayar. Jeremy is currently the CEO though.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dyydxx: 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
Bahddo:
hmmm... Why are people so interested in the pay anyway. I've seen a copy of the contract, and it's very much fair to me, considering the experience you get to gain. It's not a charity organization.

I agree it's worth it especially if you are current earning Zero grin, you know what I mean wink. For others that make decent pay, probably not so much. Also being tied down for 4 years or having to pay those egregious fees just to leave raises eyebrows, in any case as it stands staying for 2 years before leaving is fair in my own opinion considering their investments. At the end of the day, it boils down to your current circumstances.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
Bahddo:
says me, and the qualified.io homepage you didn't bother to check out. If you still doubt it, start a free trial like I did.
If there's something qualify.io does,it is the option of writing your code in JS.It Doesn't have anything to do with cheating or playback,besides timing is irrelevant provided you finished and submitted duly.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
dyydxx:

I agree it's worth it especially if you are current earning Zero grin, you know what I mean wink. For others that make decent pay, probably not so much. Also being tied down for 4 years or having to pay those egregious fees just to leave raises eyebrows, in any case as it stands staying for 2 years before leaving is fair in my own opinion considering their investments. At the end of the day, it boils down to your current circumstances.
tied down? Strong words. I find it odd that one would start thinking of leaving even before he gets the chance to join. Anyway, what do I know? smiley

A person who knows next to nothing about development struggles to get an invite from Andela, and manages to scale through the selection process because he is a good learner.

He goes through an intensive 6-month training, during which period he is given tools and resources for free, and is rapidly shaped into a fine developer with nice collaborative soft skills and technical skills. After that, he is assigned to work with real clients, and soaks up all the experience. All the while, Andela pays him steady. cool

Then as soon as he has become that good, he realizes he should have been elsewhere raking in more money with what he has learnt, somewhere he couldn't have dreamt of joining before being trianed. Then he wants to leave - without paying back with quality service.

Honestly, that's ingratitude at its worst. sad

I don't even think anyone should leave his 'decent pay' to join Andela. He should use the money to train himself, and he'd never worry about being 'tied down'. There are many places where one can learn nice stuff for the right price.

7 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
gentletalkaktiv:

If there's something qualify.io does,it is the option of writing your code in JS.It Doesn't have anything to do with cheating or playback,besides timing is irrelevant provided you finished and submitted duly.
nice... Thanks for stating the 'facts' and enlightening both the qualified.io developers who erroneously thought they added playback and other features, and the persons who took a free trial to test their claims before saying it.

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
Guys let's not be sarcastic. What I know is what will be will be.... Jack well, Jack small, Jack average, what will be will be..... I was not called but I'm happy cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by phililp(m): 12:43am On Jun 16, 2017
kayoph:

. Whatever Doesn't kill you makes you stronger

my dad used to say this..... until he had an accident grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DACK1(m): 4:15am On Jun 16, 2017
aliuyusuf003:
Guys check out what I saw in my mailbox

lol.... same here buddy... haha... guess we 'll have to try again... lol
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DACK1(m): 4:17am On Jun 16, 2017
Bahddo:
nice... Thanks for stating the 'facts' and enlightening both the qualified.io developers who erroneously thought they added playback and other features, and the persons who took a free trial to test their claims before saying it.

but this sucks.. cause i wrote the codes on my idle editor and i copied them out, pasted them on qualified.io while taking my test.... probably should have taking the free test and read the instructions properly.... lol
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 5:02am On Jun 16, 2017
DACK1:

but this sucks.. cause i wrote the codes on my idle editor and i copied them out, pasted them on qualified.io while taking my test.... probably should have taking the free test and read the instructions properly.... lol

Well not everyone copied and pasted code on qualified.io there is more to the Andela selection process
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 6:30am On Jun 16, 2017
Bahddo:
Lol...If you were a Church guy,you'd be addressed as Brother Bahddo grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 6:44am On Jun 16, 2017
DACK1:

lol.... same here buddy... haha... guess we 'll have to try again... lol
That's the spirit bro,thank God it is now a monthly thin winkwith persistence and determination,you will make it as with other things with life.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 6:50am On Jun 16, 2017
DACK1:

My brother...I know a good number of guys that towed this same path and they will be interviewed on Tuesday.Why should one be penalised for writing code elsewhere and pasting it?

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 6:57am On Jun 16, 2017
Bahddo:
tied down? Strong words. I find it odd that one would start thinking of leaving even before he gets the chance to join. Anyway, what do I know? smiley

A person who knows next to nothing about development struggles to get an invite from Andela, and manages to scale through the selection process because he is a good learner.

He goes through an intensive 6-month training, during which period he is given tools and resources for free, and is rapidly shaped into a fine developer with nice collaborative soft skills and technical skills. After that, he is assigned to work with real clients, and soaks up all the experience. All the while, Andela pays him steady. cool

Then as soon as he has become that good, he realizes he should have been elsewhere raking in more money with what he has learnt, somewhere he couldn't have dreamt of joining before being trianed. Then he wants to leave - without paying back with quality service.

I don't even think anyone should leave his 'decent pay' to join Andela. He should use the money to train himself, and he'd never worry about being 'tied down'. There are many places where one can learn nice stuff for the right price.
Word from Brother Bahddo,you killed it.It didn't used to be 4yrs but the clients were poaching the developers so it necessitated that clause.Your analysis is a mix of logic with an appeal to sentiment grin

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dyydxx: 9:01am On Jun 16, 2017
Bahddo:

Like I said earlier, it's a very good opportunity for someone coming from Zero and knows next to nothing about development. We agree on that. The rest, not so much. The concerns were laid down perfectly on the radar thread even Iyi had a hard time trying to defend his company. it all depends on perspectives

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.