Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620123 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 16, 2017
dyydxx:

Like I said earlier, it's a very good opportunity for someone coming from Zero and knows next to nothing about development. We agree on that. The rest, not so much. The concerns were laid down perfectly on the radar thread even Iyi had a hard time trying to defend his company. it all depends on perspectives

Hahaha, both you and bado are right on your perspectives. This is a rehashed topic on this thread. Say Andela is an outsourcing company and everybody agrees, shikenan!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dyydxx: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2017
SirAbdulthe1st:

Hahaha, both you and bado are right on your perspectives. This is a rehashed topic on this thread. Say Andela is an outsourcing company and everybody agrees, shikenan!

exactly. forgive me i hadn't read the earlier pages.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
phililp:

my dad used to say this..... until he had an accident grin grin grin

Lol.. Hw far, you've applied?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by unilagfreshboy: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
For those who are partaking in the interview Next week don't forget to update us on the questions asked
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
DACK1:

but this sucks.. cause i wrote the codes on my idle editor and i copied them out, pasted them on qualified.io while taking my test.... probably should have taking the free test and read the instructions properly.... lol
lol. I was just kidding around with the info though. Relax. It's true that qualified.io has those features, but it doesn't mean Andela would use all the features at the moment. Your being called likely depends on how you performed against the general average.

However as more and more people learn how to code on their own, and application becomes even more competitive, they may have to employ stricter screening measures.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
gentletalkaktiv:

Lol...If you were a Church guy,you'd be addressed as Brother Bahddo grin
hehehe... Beht I fit be church guy na? You know?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
dyydxx:

Like I said earlier, it's a very good opportunity for someone coming from Zero and knows next to nothing about development. We agree on that. The rest, not so much. The concerns were laid down perfectly on the radar thread even Iyi had a hard time trying to defend his company. it all depends on perspectives

alright then. Let's agree to both agree not to spend too much time disagreeing over opinions concerning which we'd never agree. tongue

It's a good thing no one signs as a minor or under duress. Whoever doesn't like the terms of contract is totally free to dust his shoulders, hold his head high and walk away...like a boss cool
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2017
Bahddo:
hehehe... Beht I fit be church guy na? You know?
Then you are officially Brother Bahddo cool
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
gentletalkaktiv:
Then you are officially Brother Bahddo cool
lol
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sannytee: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2017
To all those who got invited,Please check ur mail. Andela sent some technical question to be completed and submit before june 18, 7:00pm
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by GodDey01: 10:58am On Jun 17, 2017
I just applied for andela. I was sent two links. The first is to take sabre test and the other one is curriculum link. I have no sound knowledge of programming. Please can someone explain how to go about learning python and JavaScript, the software needed and materials I can also make use. And I need an idea of the sabrra test. If there is any whatsapp group pls the admin should add me 09020804218. I have burning passion to learn programming
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sannytee: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
GodDey01:
I just applied for andela. I was sent two links. The first is to take sabre test and the other one is curriculum link. I have no sound knowledge of programming. Please can someone explain how to go about learning python and JavaScript, the software needed and materials I can also make use. And I need an idea of the sabrra test. If there is any whatsapp group pls the admin should add me 09020804218. I have burning passion to learn programming
codecademy is a good place to start..just google it.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
which one is sabbra test? is it something andela just recently introduced as a better alternative to the plum test?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adex001(m): 8:44am On Jun 18, 2017
hello everyone! I need directives on how to get to Andela EPIC tower from Iyana Ipaja? or Oshodi? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, Happy Sunday.. For those who have gone far or at least knows how stuffs works in and about Andela, i have a question.. Does the "contract" to be signed by a fellow forbids one from launching his/her app commercially for "personal profit and gains" ? If no, what about persons who already have one or two apps in the "app ecos" whats the prospect of the app that has been in market before the contractual agreement with Andela. Thanks!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
kayoph:
Hello everyone, Happy Sunday.. For those who have gone far or at least knows how stuffs works in and about Andela, i have a question.. Does the "contract" to be signed by a fellow forbids one from launching his/her app commercially for "personal profit and gains" ? If no, what about persons who already have one or two apps in the "app ecos" whats the prospect of the app that has been in market before the contractual agreement with Andela. Thanks!
you can do your stuff as long as you indicate that it's your personal project, and you don't use Andela resources or client time. You shouldn't copy a client's idea, implement and sell it off either. Outside work hours and with your own resources, why not?

Last year, some Andela fellows joined in the first ever VR competition in Nigeria by Imisi3d. The winning team had a fellow in it. He was celebrated, not chastised.

Trust me, if they get to know you already have apps, you'd even get suggestions on how to improve it.

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
Bahddo:
you can do your stuff as long as you indicate that it's your personal project, and you don't use Andela resources or client time. You shouldn't copy a client's idea implement and sell it off either. Outside work hours and with your own resources, why not?

Last year, some Andela fellows joined in the first ever VR competition in Nigeria by Imisi3d. The winning team had a fellow in it. He was celebrated, not chastised.

Trust me, if they get to know you already have apps, you'd even get suggestions on how to improve it.
Thanks for your answer... You actually type nicely without ambiguity conveying your responses .. Brother Bahdoooo grin

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by phililp(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
kayoph:

Lol.. Hw far, you've applied?

No not yet... still digging deep.
aint ina haste.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adex001(m): 3:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
Adex001:
hello everyone! I need directives on how to get to Andela EPIC tower from Iyana Ipaja? or Oshodi? Thanks.
kidaby:

It would be better to ask from trustworthy neighbours or people around you in Ketu for the fastest route. Show them the address.
I can only give directions from oshodi but I'm not sure that's the fastest route. Take a bus going to oshodi from Ketu. From oshodi, ask sellers or people in the motor park where to get bike to ilupeju. Tell the bike man you are going to mutual benefits assurance building, the one with sterling bank signage, ikorodu road or town planning. Its just 100 naira from oshodi. Good luck
thanks

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
Adex001:
Or better still, you can ask (lara. ng)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 6:58am On Jun 19, 2017
Adex001:
Morning bro.The bus from iyana ipaja to oshodi is a straight one.When you alight at bolade/under bridge,climb the overhead bridge(PLEASE DON'T CROSS O,KAI will be there with their trucks to arrest offenders).You will see buses beside PZ going to onipanu,yaba and co.Board the former (onipanu,#50),alight at the bus stop,trek down and climby the bridge,I think EPIC towers should be on the other side(it's a new acquisition by Andela).Hope this helps and good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bobbieydeey: 8:27am On Jun 19, 2017
Pls is this spec enough?
toystars:

Okay oo. Ask and ye shall get answers.

Those specs are crazy, right?

So I got into the class VII bootcamp smiing with my Acer laptop with the following specs:
RAM: 3GB
Processor: intel core i-5 2.6GHz 4-cores
Graphics: nvidia GeForce 600m 2GB dedicated Graphics memory
HDD: 300GB
And every other required stuffs.

Guess what, I balled during bootcamp cos my laptop was class. But wheb the fellowship started, the balling dropped cos I needed to run lots of RAM and Processing power consuming apps at the same time. The issue is my RAM, not Processing power.

A laptop with an intel dual-core processor, 2GB RAM, intel HD family chipset graphics with 128MB memory and 100GB of HDD will definitely get you through bootcamp if it works at optimal level, But it will collapse during the fellowship program,
I think the reason they specified those specs is to ensure you have a smooth training period prior you getting a better laptop, if you make into the fellowship program

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bobbieydeey: 8:29am On Jun 19, 2017
Ahnahn that's long journey for him, enter yaba from iyanaipaja #200(they are always around the first bank side) , stop at onipanu. He has told you the rest
gentletalkaktiv:

Morning bro.The bus from iyana ipaja to oshodi is a straight one.When you alight at bolade/under bridge,climb the overhead bridge(PLEASE DON'T CROSS O,KAI will be there with their trucks to arrest offenders).You will see buses beside PZ going to onipanu,yaba and co.Board the former (onipanu,#50),alight at the bus stop,trek down and climby the bridge,I think EPIC towers should be on the other side(it's a new acquisition by Andela).Hope this helps and good luck!!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2017
Bobbieydeey:
Pls is this spec enough?
Enough for?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2017
Bobbieydeey:
Ahnahn that's long journey for him, enter yaba from iyanaipaja #200(they are always around the first bank side) , stop at onipanu. He has told you the rest
oh that's true bro,thanks.I totally forgot but If you go take yaba direct then you won't have to bother about KAI
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sharplikenail: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Adex001:

Directions from Iyana Ipaja to Andela Epic Tower

http://lara.ng/?getdirections=42285

Walk To Iyana ipaja bus station

Take a Danfo
Heading Toward: Maryland Bus stop
Get Off at: Cantonment Bus stop
Price: ₦100 - 250

Take a Danfo
Heading Toward: Ojuelegba Bus Station
Get Off at: Town planning Bus stop
Price: ₦70 - 100

Walk To Your Destination

Total Estimate: ₦170 - 350

Estimated Travel Time: 42 mins

This direction and more are available on: http://lara.ng

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
Guys who went for the interview how did it go?, kindly let us have a feedback.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sannytee: 7:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
For me,It was awesome smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adex001(m): 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
yeah!! Awesome! I regretted the time I wasted for preparing for standard interview questions.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adex001(m): 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
thanks. It worked. #shalom
gentletalkaktiv:

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Iamseyifocus: 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
Please has anyone be invited for the homestudy exercise for cohort xxv

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.