Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,072 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (619533 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Taiw(m): 9:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
i got an invite too
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ezehuche: 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
Got an invite too. Those dat got when did u schedule ur interview?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sirolad(m): 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Ambo
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jeffoe(m): 11:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
Got an invite but having problem in trying to fix an interview date
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 12:13am On Feb 19, 2015
thinkn of putn mine on wesday
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2015
y all of una kon quiet like this, wetin dey sup?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ezehuche: 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
dehmohlah:
y all of una kon quiet like this, wetin dey sup?
I schedule my interview on wednesday by 2:15pm
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 7:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
ezehuche:

I schedule my interview on wednesday by 2:15pm

I will put mine too on Wednesday but its going to be in the morning around 9:45AM
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
I got mine too. I scheduled my interview for 12 noon.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ifetee: 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
I got an invite for d interview, I scheduled mine for Fri, pls anyone with info on aw d interview goes?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by loodba: 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
ifetee:
I got an invite for d interview, I scheduled mine for Fri, pls anyone with info on aw d interview goes?

I think erza will help u with dat grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by EdDave(m): 12:07am On Feb 20, 2015
Got an invite too.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 10:36am On Feb 20, 2015
just do you. really. they just want to meet you. congrats y'all and good luck in your interviews cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by EdDave(m): 11:07am On Feb 20, 2015
@Ezra,
Thanks. Can we talk privately? Its career related. I hv pm 'd u.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
No invite, why evils now angry grin

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by loodba: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
adedipo:
No invite, why evils now angry grin

when did u apply?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by EdDave(m): 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
But seriously, I hoped they 'd be more invitation notifications here.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
loodba:

when did u apply?

7th of this month.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by electronic(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
Guys, here are my queries and thoughts.. any body in the house can help me out abeg!!

1. Andela's boot Camp would obviously be awesome!! i guess this part is free!!
2. They would train guys on four major technologies for 3 to five months: Mongo, Express.js , Angular.js and Node.js and others as required right?
3.In that period, fellows get about $500(not bad for a 3-5 month training)

Now the real worries!!... angry angry
4. They take you on an Full time job Offer! for only four years? while you work and learn right?no wahala
5.What would be the payment package for this four years??... i hope its not the same $500?!! that would be slavery not outsourcing!!
Andela is an international Startup. Atleast, coders should smile home with atleast $800 - $1000(starting) a month.. cheaper than even half of what an international developer would earn per month (thise guy earn atleast 40,000 per year do the maths)
6. how lucrative are these skills after they let you go.. boys are not young oooo !! >> any coder in the house, please help us understand here abeg..
7. Are there really cool jobs that pay Nigerians who have these skills?because after the four years na OYO ooohh!!!

Disclaimer: I strongly believe that ANDELA has started a great initiative especially for Nigeria!! our Leaders should be ashamed of themselves>>
however its important that we understand what we are getting into.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
EdDave:
@Ezra,
Thanks. Can we talk privately? Its career related. I hv pm 'd u.

hi Dave. sure we can...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by electronic(m): 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
@EZRA abeg help with my queries if you can!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
electronic:
Guys, here are my queries and thoughts.. any body in the house can help me out abeg!!

2. They would train guys on four major technologies for 3 to five months: Mongo, Express.js , Angular.js and Node.js and others as required right?

4. They take you on an Full time job Offer! for only four years? while you work and learn right?no wahala
5.What would be the payment package for this four years??... i hope its not the same $500?!! that would be slavery not outsourcing!!
Andela is an international Startup. Atleast, coders should smile home with atleast $800 - $1000(starting) a month.. cheaper than even half of what an international developer would earn per month (thise guy earn atleast 40,000 per year do the maths)
6. how lucrative are these skills after they let you go.. boys are not young oooo !! >> any coder in the house, please help us understand here abeg..
7. Are there really cool jobs that pay Nigerians who have these skills?because after the four years na OYO ooohh!!!

Disclaimer: I strongly believe that ANDELA has started a great initiative especially for Nigeria!! our Leaders should be ashamed of themselves>>

nice question.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by electronic(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Icecream4U:
nice question.
YEss BOss but no ANSWER!! undecided undecided undecided
Nairaland Family!! help ooo
No be to just go Interview OOHHH!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
electronic:

YEss BOss but no ANSWER!! undecided undecided undecided
Nairaland Family!! help ooo
No be to just go Interview OOHHH!!

ok, let me try. After the four years time, one should be able to setup on his own or assist in training more ANDELA fellows. Four years experience is no joke bro. As for the pay after the 3months training, i believe it would be more.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by loodba: 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
electronic:

hi...are u part of andela?

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by EdDave(m): 5:26am On Feb 22, 2015
@Ezra, pls send me a Mail. dave.atoza@yahoo.com.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mfess(m): 6:55am On Feb 22, 2015
hi @all

pls I'd like to know the what the schedule for the bootcamp is like daily. when do they start and when do they stop.

I'd also like to know what the interview is like cos we were instructed to read up some things on HTML, CSS and javascript on Codeacademy and general assembly before the interview.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 7:12am On Feb 22, 2015
^^ in addition to the above, i want to know if there would be accormmodation during bootcamp. If not, how about those coming from outside Lagos?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by abkab(m): 8:35am On Feb 22, 2015
electronic:

I would love to provide answers to your queries but I am no longer in the ANDELA system so I think @bamoza and @IamGodzilla or @erza should help you. @e is often here and I'm sure he'd answer your questions if he sees this. @e is director of recruitment.
Let me however chip in these few points...
1. Start to think in Naira, you are in Nigeria.
2. You'd get a fixed amount during the training irrespective of the exchange rate of the dollar at that time. At that point, you are a D0 on the skill tree. You would grow from being a D0 to D1 to D2 and so on till you become a ninja.
3. Your pay would continue to rise with your progress on the skill tree. Andela gets about half what similar companies in the US or Canada get for doing same job for their clients probably because they don't trust Africans yet to do same quality of work. That should give you an idea of what would trickle down to you.
4. You have options to choose from after the 4years. You can decide to stay and work with Andela or decide to move to client side and work with some of their clients full time or build your own StartUp(Andela would help you with this also) or do whatever you like.

Can't help you with how lucrative the skills are. Be assured you would becpme a world class developer if you work at it. By the way, how lucrative is the course you studied at school? grin

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by abkab(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2015
Icecream4U:
^^ in addition to the above, i want to know if there would be accormmodation during bootcamp. If not, how about those coming from outside Lagos?
Accommodation isn't provided during boot camp except there would be a change in the next bootcamp. You'd get free lunch however.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by abkab(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2015
mfess:
hi @all

pls I'd like to know the what the schedule for the bootcamp is like daily. when do they start and when do they stop.

I'd also like to know what the interview is like cos we were instructed to read up some things on HTML, CSS and javascript on Codeacademy and general assembly before the interview.

Boot camp daily runs from 8am to 5pm. I used to leave by 7pm however, so much to learn especially if you know nothing about programming.
Read up? Who instructed you? angry ... Nothing like that as far as I know.
Just be yourself during the interview. Nothing to worry about. Judith, Gbenga, Mustapha and/or Nad are those you'd likely meet and they're very nice people.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 22, 2015
guyz, can i still apply now? if yes, kindly post the link and if no, when likely is the next application form come out

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.