Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620129 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
I just received an invitation to the bootcamp. I'm so happy

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2015

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2015
circular:
I just received an invitation to the bootcamp. I'm so happy

Congrats....I av nt gotten....I guess I was left out.....*sad*...despite all my scores
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Gunbiz:

Congrats....I av nt gotten....I guess I was left out.....*sad*...despite all my scores
Bro, it's not the end of the world.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
I just got my invitation to the Bootcamp! Yeegah! Now it's time to kick some coding ass.

@circular, let's connect so we can meet over there!

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
toystars:
I just got my invitation to the Bootcamp! Yeegah! Now it's time to kick some coding ass.

congratz bro. pls, what time was your invite sent to you?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
codebrew85:
congratz bro. pls, what time was your invite sent to you?

It was sent around 2:34pm, this afternoon. Thanks sir!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
Gunbiz:

Tnx bro. U can still re-apply, cos this is my second application.
toystars:

I'll send u a PM
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
Finally, looking forward to a great time in the bootcamp.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2015
adedipo:

Cool. So you also got the invite...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2015
adedipo:
Wer u also invited to the bootcamp?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2015
circular:

Wer u also invited to the bootcamp?

toystars:

Cool. So you also got the invite...

Yes I did.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 10:59pm On Mar 31, 2015
adedipo:

Yes I did.

Congrats bro! Hoping to see u there.

Can I get ur contact?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2015
First time i applied, i was not invited for bootcamp after the interview, Second time i am applying, ranked 17 of 52 in my first test, during the interview, rank moved to 7 of 65, yet was not called for bootcamp. I don tire. so so sad embarassed cry
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 8:21am On Apr 01, 2015
dehmohlah:
First time i applied, i was not invited for bootcamp after the interview, Second time i am applying, ranked 17 of 52 in my first test, during the interview, rank moved to 7 of 65, yet was not called for bootcamp. I don tire. so so sad embarassed cry

Hope is not lost bro. You may get your invite later today or later because some people might not accept the bootcamp invitation due to some reasons and they will extend their slots to others on the waiting list.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 01, 2015
dehmohlah:

Are u serving or done with service?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 9:54am On Apr 01, 2015
Gunbiz:

Are u serving or done with service?
i am through with service and ofcourse, the interviewer(Mrs Judith) knows about that too and she also knows am applying for the second time. Bro i don tire ooo
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2015
dehmohlah:

i am through with service and ofcourse, the interviewer(Mrs Judith) knows about that too and she also knows am applying for the second time. Bro i don tire ooo

This is also my second application. Since they said some of their fellows also happen to have applied several times before making it, I think you should re-apply. The number of trys does not really matter as long as the goal is reached.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jeffoe(m): 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
dehmohlah:

has anyone being interviewed by that mrs judith scaled through b4?, if u don't get the invite now forget about it, na so I wait for invite tire. I still believe the recruitment process is not transparent enough or one needs luck to scale through. This is the second time I would be applying though I wasn't even invited to the interview stage, funny enough I made it to the last interview stage.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 1:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
jeffoe:
has anyone being interviewed by that mrs judith scaled through b4?, if u don't get the invite now forget about it, na so I wait for invite tire. I still believe the recruitment process is not transparent enough or one needs luck to scale through. This is the second time I would be applying though I wasn't even invited to the interview stage, funny enough I made it to the last interview stage.

Mrs. Judith interviewed me the two times I applied. One of the questions she asked me the second time is "What have changed since the first time you applied?"

Just re-apply and maybe use a different e-mail, cos I used a different e-mail this second time and scored higher in the Plum test. I got an invite on the second e-mail I used.

God will definitely see you tro. All hope ain't lost.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
jeffoe:

Mrs. Judith interviewd me too, twice. And her first question was: "Have we met before?" Then she later asked: "Has anything changed since then?". My answer was yes, that I learned some other skills. She asked a few more questions and that was it. But I initially felt I wouldn't make the bootcamp, but alas I did.

I think the first series of intakes wasn't really perfect. But now that they now have tests before the interview, I think the process is now all about how much you can learn in a short time cos the homestudy curriculum is kinda extensive to be assimilated within a week.

So I think if you do better in the homestudy test, you have a better chance. I had 753 and a friend got 722 in the homestudy test, and we both made the bootcamp.

So bro, you can just re-apply, study the homestudy websites well and don't give up.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
circular:

Congrats bro! Hoping to see u there.

Can I get ur contact?

Thanks man.
Sure, I'll send it through the PM reply.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
@firdaus1,

Please can you give us clear hints of the fate of andela fellows, after four years.
Why I'm asking is that sincerely bro, I'm on the brink of dropping a fairly stable job, because of my passion to become a world class software developer.

Thanks.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
adedipo:
@firdaus1,

Please can you give us clear hints of the fate of andela fellows, after four years.
Why I'm asking is that sincerely bro, I'm on the brink of dropping a fairly stable job, because of my passion to become a world class software developer.

Thanks.
wanna be a world class software developer? Andela will give you all the experience you need in four years time. You have passion to be a world class software developer means you know what to do when you have the required skills.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 3:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Icecream4U:
wanna be a world class software developer? Andela will give you all the experience you need in four years time. You have passion to be a world class software developer means you know what to do when you have the required skills.

I second that. Moreover, they clearly stated that after four years, you can decide to stay on with Andela or leave. The former I believe is if you dont know what next to do, which I doubt because with all the wealth of skills, connections and experience you've gathered, that shouldn't be the case. And once you are ready to storm the world, Andela have some preparations for that as well.

I believe Andela's co-founder's words to the class VI fellows were: "You are not here to stay with Andela forever, rather, you are here to be unleashed to the community!"

I believe after you become that fearsome software development monster, the global community jungle will certainly feel homely.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 8:53am On Apr 05, 2015
Why the dead silence? Where's everybody?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 7:38am On Apr 06, 2015
toystars:

Mrs. Judith interviewd me too, twice. And her first question was: "Have we met before?" Then she later asked: "Has anything changed since then?". My answer was yes, that I learned some other skills. She asked a few more questions and that was it. But I initially felt I wouldn't make the bootcamp, but alas I did.

I think the first series of intakes wasn't really perfect. But now that they now have tests before the interview, I think the process is now all about how much you can learn in a short time cos the homestudy curriculum is kinda extensive to be assimilated within a week.

So I think if you do better in the homestudy test, you have a better chance. I had 753 and a friend got 722 in the homestudy test, and we both made the bootcamp.

So bro, you can just re-apply, study the homestudy websites well and don't give up.
Plz I would like to get ur contact if u don't mind, I need to change my tactics. Also apart from getting high score,there is something am missing cos u said ur friend scored 722 and was invited for bootcamp, but I score 733 and was not invited. Plz send ur contact to demola.nig@gmail.com
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2015
Bootcamp starts tomorrow, hope you guys are preprared?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 9:15am On Apr 06, 2015
codebrew85:

Yeah... Anticipation.... Apprehension... Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 06, 2015
firdaus1:

Thanks for your question. Fortunately, we are not just looking for people with technical competence. We are also looking for fast learners who are smart, bright, and hardworking and have a strong desire to be world class at what they do. Our advice is to continue to apply, take your time with the test and answer the questions honestly.
sir I applied for the programme and I av been checking my profile for updates of the next task after I had my home test. Pls enlighten me more on my scores and how to go about it after the test. Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
toystars:

Yeah... Anticipation.... Apprehension... Hehehe
cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
codebrew85:
Anxiety and desperation

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.