Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620124 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
It might also interest us to know that JavaScript added java to it's name to tap from the fame java was enjoying at that time. Also, there is a gap between dynamic language and static language. Java is a static language.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
toystars:

Right. Let me shed some light on that.

Java is a full fledged programming language that is majorly used to develop desktop applications while JavaScript is a SCRIPTING programming language that runs natively in browsers that have JavaScript interpreters in them. The only similarity between the two is the name, aside from that, they are two different languages.

The Homestudy curriculum and test focus on JavaScript, not JAVA...

That said, you can check wikipedia for both JAVA and JAVASCRIPT to know the difference...

Just to add, Both JavaScript and Java are Object Oriented.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
Java and Javascript are similar like
Car and Carpet are similar.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
kayemjay:

It is class VIII oooo. I just know We are supposed to write the test before 12am on Saturday and I just got the mail today at 10am! So it is not really my fault. I have a short time to cover a huge curriculum. Please is it just me that received this mail late or its a general thing?

Please why did you say ooops? Is there something I should know? Help please!

I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket but I think you joined the bus a lil bit late. You should have started preparing with the homestudy materials before now. You can still take the homestudy test to get familiar with the structure of the questions, then re-apply for the class XI and start preparation. I wish you the very best. All will be well
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
How about a round of applause for Andela... Their team is really doing a commendable job, I really can't wait to join the system. #AmityStateOfMind #TIA

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
WilBak:
How about a round of applause for Andela... Their team is really doing a commendable job, I really can't wait to join the system. #AmityStateOfMind #TIA
Me too o

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
Sheyone:
Java and Javascript are similar like
Car and Carpet are similar.

Lol!!! Can and Candle nko?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DharkPoet(m): 12:12am On Apr 24, 2015
Just finished the test, my score was stipulated as undisclosed, anybody else got this? Meehn I must confess the test was kind of ballsy and 95% as cutoff? I rather remain optimistic right now
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 12:42am On Apr 24, 2015
Please when will we be able to see our test score and rank o
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 12:48am On Apr 24, 2015
WilBak:

Lol!!! Can and Candle nko?
Same ni

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DharkPoet(m): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2015
What's up folks, any updates? I want to know my fate embarassed
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yemicoal(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2015
undisclosed angry
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kayemjay(m): 10:24am On Apr 24, 2015
firdaus1:

If you read apply.andela.co you would see that we emphasize preparation for homestudy. You have over a month to study for it.
"In anticipation of an invitation to take the Home Study test, we advice that you study and complete the Home Study curriculum. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by May 18th and should have taken their Home Study Test online by May 21st."
We even added 3 more days..
Please read instructions carefully. Again homestudy link is here : http://curriculum.andela.co/homestudy/
Tell a friend to tell a friend smiley

Thanks sir. I have applied for ClassIX, and will keep reading. The information was not available earlier when I applied for class VIII.

WilBak:

I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket but I think you joined the bus a lil bit late. You should have started preparing with the homestudy materials before now. You can still take the homestudy test to get familiar with the structure of the questions, then re-apply for the class XI and start preparation. I wish you the very best. All will be well

My brother, I did not know I was supposed to read anyhting ahead of time o. I got the mail at 10AM yesterday and that is when it dawned on me.

Icecream4U:
forget that 17hours things o! if you are new to programming, even 35hours might not be enough. To apply again? [url=app.plum.io/posting/lagos_nigeria_andela_fellow_class_ix.html?pos=520]CLICK HERE[/url]. You can use the same email to reaply since homestudy test is now a must (to be safe, use a different email). Make sure you complete the homestudy curriculum and study it VERY HARD. That's why i said you should forget about that 17hours.

I think it is advisable I cover the whole HomeStudy Curriculum as I am quite a beginner at programming.

toystars:
This is an advice guys.
If you know you didnt really prepare well for the homestudy test, you may as well forfeit the Class VIII application and re-apply for Class IX. Meanwhile, take your time to study the homestudy curriculum, especially Javascript because that is where 75% of the questions are likely to come from. Javascript is quite easy and all you need to know are the basics: variables, operators, control structures, functions, and OOP. Once you have that under your belt, then you will be good to go. Another thing to note is it is not a must to complete the homestudy curriculum, as long as you understand the part you've done.
Once again, good luck guys.

Thanks bro. Forfeited.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kayemjay(m): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2015
Okay...

So I read all the advice given and I decided that I would just reapply for Class IX. I have done that already and I hope for the best.

Now, my question is:

I still want to go ahead and take the HomeStudy test for Class VIII, not because I want to pass but because I feel it will kinda prepare me for that of Class IX. However my fear is that will that in anyway affect my chances in getting called up for the class IX?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 11:02am On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:
Okay...

So I read all the advice given and I decided that I would just reapply for Class IX. I have done that already and I hope for the best.

Now, my question is:

I still want to go ahead and take the HomeStudy test for Class VIII, not because I want to pass but because I feel it will kinda prepare me for that of Class IX. However my fear is that will that in anyway affect my chances in getting called up for the class IX?

I do not think it will affect your chances but "E" (@firdaus1)would be in a better position to answer that, he comes here often and I'm sure he'll reply you once he sees this. All the best.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sirolad(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
The questions are not for beginner at all.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sirolad:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Really?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sirolad:
Did u go through the Homestudy?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by abimbawealth(f): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:
Okay...

Now, my question is:

My dear, I also got the info on the homestudy last night...well, I will go ahead with the test tho...
I would advice you apply for Class IX, but using another mail add
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sirolad:
the questions are for beginners cos everything is in the home study and the homestudy is for beginners. Truth is, if you didn't finish the homestudy, most of the questions will be strange. I finished the homestudy, so none of the questions were strange to me but i made a very big mistake by not revising the homestudy before taking the test cos i thought it won't be that strong. After taking the test, i revised the homestudy and noticed that all the questions were actually very, very simple.
Well, Andela or no Andela, i have already started learning JQuerry, AngularJS and Node.js.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come."

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Icecream4U:
the questions are for beginners cos everything is in the home study and the homestudy is for beginners. Truth is, if you didn't finish the homestudy, most of the questions will be strange. I finished the homestudy, so none of the questions were strange to me but i made a very big mistake by not revising the homestudy before taking the test cos i thought it won't be that strong. After taking the test, i revised the homestudy and noticed that all the questions were actually very, very simple.
Well, Andela or no Andela, i have already started learning JQuerry, AngularJS and Node.js.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come."
Yeah dats the spirit if you have the means i will advice you to checkout teamtreehouse.com tutorials i used their tutorial alongside the homestudy
and i must tell you the test was just a breeze(guess the result will tell), currently on Ruby sha.If by chance we both get an invite i will be willing to share many of their tutorials wif u (its over 7GB)

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ok, let's talk about boot camp... What time do we resume for classes on each day and what time do we close for the day? Do the classes include weekends or just week days. ? Someone in the house should give us info o. Pardon my optimism, I never even do interview, I don dey dream of boot camp. cheesy #AndelaObsessedee wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
WilBak:
Ok, let's talk about boot camp... What time do we resume for classes on each day and what time do we close for the day? Do the classes include weekends or just week days. ? Someone in the house should give us info o. Pardon my optimism, I never even do interview, I don dey dream of boot camp. cheesy
Would love to know too o and after the interview when will we get the bootcamp invite.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tolularson(f): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
Okay, just finished my test. It was good, but 95% ?! Lol. That's like 17 questions out of 18. Once again, lol.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Godsown7(m): 10:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Pls some1 tell me how many questions there where. Afta I finished the 18 question, it just closed on me. Are there more questions? embarassed [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
tolularson:
Okay, just finished my test. It was good, but 95% ?! Lol. That's like 17 questions out of 18. Once again, lol.
If some people can go through yes WE CAN.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
Godsown7:
Pls some1 tell me how many questions there where. Afta I finished the 18 question, it just closed on me. Are there more questions? embarassed [color=#000099][/color]
No.Time don finish ni o u were given 15 minutes to answer 18 questions
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 12:06am On Apr 25, 2015
WilBak:
Ok, let's talk about boot camp... What time do we resume for classes on each day and what time do we close for the day? Do the classes include weekends or just week days. ? Someone in the house should give us info o. Pardon my optimism, I never even do interview, I don dey dream of boot camp. cheesy #AndelaObsessedee wink

Okay. I was part of class VII bootcamp, and it ran for two weeks, weekdays, 8:30am - 5:30pm... You'll love it! Just ensure you get your homestudy tutorials right, cos bootcamp is fast paced and quite challenging...

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 1:21am On Apr 25, 2015
Sheyone:

Yeah dats the spirit if you have the means i will advice you to checkout teamtreehouse.com tutorials i used their tutorial alongside the homestudy
and i must tell you the test was just a breeze(guess the result will tell), currently on Ruby sha.If by chance we both get an invite i will be willing to share many of their tutorials wif u (its over 7GB)
wow! I would really appreciate. I actually thought teamtreehouse is not free to use.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 7:00am On Apr 25, 2015
Icecream4U:
wow! I would really appreciate. I actually thought teamtreehouse is not free to use.
Yes it is not but its worth the price.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 7:12am On Apr 25, 2015
Sheyone:
Yes it is not but its worth the price.
hmm.. How much is it? And are they only into video tutorials cos streaming videos is not a joke o.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyone(m): 7:27am On Apr 25, 2015
Icecream4U:
hmm.. How much is it? And are they only into video tutorials cos streaming videos is not a joke o.
They are having 2 plans dat of $25per month and $49 per month but that of $25 will do, you can actually pause your subscription and about the videos i do not stream them i always download along with the project materials so that i can watch and do anyday anytime. Only video tutorials tho and you can try them for free for 14days but the videos are not downloadable within that period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.