Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues (35182 Views)

How Corper Is Changing Lives In Abia Community (Photos) / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia / NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by maj007(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is quite worrisome.

My advice for brothers and sisters over there is to take safety option first. Complain to NYSC about the safety concern and notify them of your leave. All in writing please.

I had similar experience in Plateau State during the Jos crisis and it was not pleasant at all.

Please leave if you have to. NYSC Certificate is not worth your life.

May God be with you all.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
Do you know how Christians are harass here in the core north? Mehn_ you can't begin to imagine that.

BTW, They are only doing the need to protect themselves. No big deal OP. If you feel harass, try reading a Bible in Saudi.

Useless..!

42 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Hermanie(m): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that give men wings.
Some goons want to put a whole nation under siege, let's not give them that chance.

Brothers, eliminate any threat.

Let them do anything to protect themselves

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by DocAdray(f): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yes they are trying to take precautions, but this is to the extreme, harrassing Muslim corpers is simply wrong...

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by victorazy(m): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Eyaa!! That was sad cry
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Hertheywarlay: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sijo01: How do they identify you people apart from the covering of head by the ladies una dey write muslim for head?
They identify us with ur beards n ur pair of trousers that does not exceed ankle

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by ggrin(f): 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
Na by force to serve ur countyZundecided?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by olanyte: 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
I will advice you to come back home.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Sijo01(f): 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

Some men wear caps or keep beards that make them easily identifiable.

Hmmm, in that case they should shave the beards, remove the caps for the duration of their service year and take it as national service sacrifies.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by davno: 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
Tell us d whole story joor! Nobody arrests a corper like dt. Who did d arrest? The police or local vigilante?

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by airclipse(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
y'all shud bleach the black spot on ur forehead тσ blend in...thank me later

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by elbashyr(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
Most of the ppl calling every hausaman boko haram are not even SSCE holders,
and u will c them opening their @@@@@ mouth calling a man that has MSc and PHD
in UK, just because he tribe is hausa.
its unfortunate.
why is it dat hausa ppl dont refer to every NIGER DELTA man as MILITANT
OR every IGBO MAN as KIDNAPPER.

boko haram means western education is a sin.
when i have phd in engrng, medicine, ...............etc and u dont have a simple SSCE cert then
who is the real boko haram between us.

i comment my reserve.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by freecocoa(f): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
I feel for una but I won't totally blame my brothers in Abia, them say "mechanic no gree us know who be mad man again".

28 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by jdilight(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is how a security conscious governor should behave. It was no luck that this clueless governor as some called him destroyed kidnapping in Abia State.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by IBILEOMO(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
That is absolutely wrong.

I think they are trying to protect themselves but it is unfortunate that the approach is very wrong, I served in Umuahia some years back and I know how corp members are recpected in the state.

I think a serious action should be taken to avoid unnecessary harassment in future. you guys should report officially to the NYSC state secretariat. and let me say that if there is rumor of any unrest or riot in the state, you can vacate the MCAN house (world bank housing estate) to Umuahia North Corpers' lodge (Min. of Justice Road) it is not very far.

ultimately, Oju'lalakan fi sori. be vigilant.

Wish you a successful and safe service year.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
No smoke without fire
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by moscobabs(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sijo01:

Are you sure you're sane, boy?
Show me the lady that asked this question and I will show you the rude housegirl
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by airclipse(m): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2014
freecocoa: I feel for una but I won't totally blame my brothers in Abia, them say "mechanic no gree us know who be mad man again".
nne +100likes for u cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by macof(m): 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: It is of no news that the security challenges in Abia state has gotten to the extent of being vigilant over the issues concerning scares of bokoharam insurgents due to false acquisition of about 400 traders travelling through the state.
This led to scares amidst the dwellers of the state and as such got to the extent of accusing any Muslims (even just by names) in the state as bokoharam counterparts. Even when it is very clear to them that most of us are from the south western part of the country.
This is not the first time a Muslim corps member will be harassed publicly, even when fully kitted.
They have started calling us bokoharams to the extent of arresting a fully identified (Muslim) corps member at umuahia, abia state. Threatening him after his release that he will be dealt with if he is found again in the state.
The information getting to we residing at the MCAN's lodge in Umuahia now is that if there is any bokoharam attack in Abia state, the first places they will go to ransack are the MCAN lodges.
This must stop...
They are really threatening our lives here... We are going back home!

I have long awaited such news from South east.
The region is just too low on the Islam radar, discrimination is no surprise especially coming from Christians

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by wiringdpt(m): 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
Abeg forget innocent or no innocent, Ibo's protect yourselves

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by NoreenUG(f): 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

That is untrue. No where are christians arrested for walking around christian.

No basis for comparison

spare me the blind hypocrisy.

A cartoon is made mocking mohammad in denmark, and muslims in kano start burning down churches.
Buhari loses an election and the muslim youth start killing corpers and christians.
Miss world beauty pageant is planned in nigeria, and muslims start destroying buildings, burning churches and killing christians.

i don't support the religious profiling currently going on in abia; but never in ur life should u come here trying to claim the moral high ground, because while the ppl of aba are merely 'harrassing' muslims verbally, the ppl of kano, kaduna and other muslims states are KILLING christians.

66 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by qstar(m): 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
Religion is baseless. They are yet to define God, but are steeped in bigotry and hatred as demanded by the various Gods they adhere to.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ceasar1: Do you know how Christians are harass here in the core north? Mehn_ you can't begin to imagine that.

BTW, They are only doing the need to protect themselves. No big deal OP. If you feel harass, try reading a Bible in Saudi.

Useless..!
some been stupid
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 1:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nawa oo.. dey av started again o.. Igbos nd der igbotic behaviour..always tribalistic set of people. Igbos are free every where even here in lagos. Olorun gba wa oo

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
This can only happen in that part of the country.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by CastleandGreen: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
You better seek for redeployment before its too late.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ibos are starting what they can't finish. First it Was the nigerian army, now the civilians are taking a go.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Twik: 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
The writer of this article should go and sleep..demn dey write boko haram 4 face!!..guys if u see any hausa man or Muslim around u b vigilant!!..coper or no corper..this guys are Wicked!! And Demonic..full stop!!..Harass them oooo!! Or the next thing na bozzzzzer!!!!..

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant. Can She Go To NYSC Camp Without Marriage Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.