Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues - NYSC (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues (35181 Views)

How Corper Is Changing Lives In Abia Community (Photos) / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia / NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Ngokafor(f): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
kishimi8: Funny how my dear naija is going bonkers.
I really miss the days when all my best friends growing up were ibo . Chukwudi. Uche, onouha and george mgbaegwu. I wonder how I will relate with these guys if we meet now.. Man ibos are messing up my friendships.. Now I don't feel that brotherly feeling I used to have for them... No p ..
Naija will hopefully get fixed..

...The Irony is that they may feel the same towards you as well if you are a muslim..dont blame Igbos for being human and wanting to protect themselves,rather blame your homicidal brothers for being so blood-thirsty.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Ngokafor(f): 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: Mind you, I came from Ogun state and itz very peaceful over there. This is my first time of coming to the east but what I've seen so far shows no unity in the nation at all.
Let the eastern people change their orientations about Bokoharam people!

...'Let the Easterners change their orientations about Bokoharam people" shocked
Yask2guy: Mind you, I came from Ogun state and itz very peaceful over there. This is my first time of coming to the east but what I've seen so far shows no unity in the nation at all.
Let the eastern people change their orientations about Bokoharam people!

...'Let the Easterners change their orientations about Bokoharam people'..are you for real?..so now you admit you are Bokoharam...you must be really foolish for that comment..yeye thing!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by akiOYIBO: 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: It is of no news that the security challenges in Abia state has gotten to the extent of being vigilant over the issues concerning scares of bokoharam insurgents due to false acquisition of about 400 traders travelling through the state.
This led to scares amidst the dwellers of the state and as such got to the extent of accusing any Muslims (even just by names) in the state as bokoharam counterparts. Even when it is very clear to them that most of us are from the south western part of the country.
This is not the first time a Muslim corps member will be harassed publicly, even when fully kitted.
They have started calling us bokoharams to the extent of arresting a fully identified (Muslim) corps member at umuahia, abia state. Threatening him after his release that he will be dealt with if he is found again in the state.
The information getting to we residing at the MCAN's lodge in Umuahia now is that if there is any bokoharam attack in Abia state, the first places they will go to ransack are the MCAN lodges.
This must stop...
They are really threatening our lives here... We are going back home!
You were only threatened? Why the complaint?....can u calculate the rate at which Christians, south-easterners and its corps perish at the hands of muslims ? don't be a fool, concentrate on your service and thank your God if its successful rather than making unnecessary gists.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by sorom4: 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
Northern Muslims are so DEVILISH, unlike their Yoruba colleagues. But the Yoruba Muslims are always CUNNY. I FEAR muslims more than anything. I have vowed not to visit or pass the North by any means. I even worked my NYSC so as not be posted to that HELL FIRE. Say NO to ISLAM FANATICISM. Say NO to BLOOD SHARING by Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
soonest:
It's unfortunate but who do we blame. They r only being security conscious! Do u blame them?
yes I blame them and authorities for playing politics with such a sensitive issue
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: It is of no news that the security challenges in Abia state has gotten to the extent of being vigilant over the issues concerning scares of bokoharam insurgents due to false acquisition of about 400 traders travelling through the state.
This led to scares amidst the dwellers of the state and as such got to the extent of accusing any Muslims (even just by names) in the state as bokoharam counterparts. Even when it is very clear to them that most of us are from the south western part of the country.
This is not the first time a Muslim corps member will be harassed publicly, even when fully kitted.
They have started calling us bokoharams to the extent of arresting a fully identified (Muslim) corps member at umuahia, abia state. Threatening him after his release that he will be dealt with if he is found again in the state.
The information getting to we residing at the MCAN's lodge in Umuahia now is that if there is any bokoharam attack in Abia state, the first places they will go to ransack are the MCAN lodges.
This must stop...
Sorry about that but please ask yourself this questions and I want you to answer them truthfully within yourself- is it really their fault that things have turned out this way? When the 9/11 tragedy occurred, were you among those who rejoiced? There is a saying that when you encourage evil, it comes knocking on your door.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by londoner: 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
Tesiday:

Dont play the usual victim card. A small town of Gbongan in SW welcome 6 corpse of corp member in 2011 two of which were of same parents while the compound of all these victims is not far from one another. The whole town was thrown in tears. The east is not the only victim in this. dont cause tension and unneccessary secruity attention in your region, it can lead to civil unrest.

I know is not just Igbos, but (no disrespect) the mere fact that you are mentioning one incident and six precious lives lost tells alot.

The Igbos and other are and were victims..over and over....why is it hard for people to just admit that?

Look, many Igbos have had to run from the North to the SE..Thanking God for sparing their lives...If BH does bomb SE (as their leader told us all on his tape he would do all over Nigeria) where will they run to, then?

It can lead to civil unrest? Lol.....Cant you see that Nigeria is way past civil unrest?

I don't think people should be harassed for being Muslims, but people are panicking because of what has been happening for years.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by londoner: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ngokafor:

...The Irony is that they may feel the same towards you as well if you are a muslim..dont blame Igbos for being human and wanting to protect themselves,rather blame your homicidal brothers for being so blood-thirsty.

The poster is not even asking himself, how his Igbo friends felt, when their people were being slaughtered up north.

If only it were just harassment.....if only.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ngokafor:

...'Let the Easterners change their orientations about Bokoharam people" shocked

...'Let the Easterners change their orientations about Bokoharam people'..are you for real?..so now you admit you are Bokoharam...you must be really foolish for that comment..yeye thing!
It's a disgrace that you lack the ability to understand a simple statement.
Read a statement very well and try to understand what it means before typing like a fool which you've claimed to be next time.
I said they need orientations about the bokoharam people... Does that mean I am one of them?
What it simply mean is for them to stop referring all Muslims they see as BH because they are not. The Islam I know doesn't support the killing of children, women of the enemies and not even men that surrenders during battles. I believe you are a student, so do try to learn more about other things that involves man's existence in general and not just going to schl to study maths, English and the likes.
Are you telling me you don't know about the pastor in owerri that was caught with explosives? So, what are you talking about? Stop this foolishness and get oriented!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
londoner:

The poster is not even asking himself, how his Igbo friends felt, when their people were being slaughtered up north.

If only it were just harassment.....if only.

Was there ever any harassment of the Igbos in the southwest... They are always welcome there! Not all Muslims are from the north so get oriented before you make points
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ibnsultan: we have always believe in united Nigeria. The people of failed biafra making it had
There is nothing like a united Nigeria. There has never been a united Nigeria and there will never be a united Nigeria. That's a cold fact and universal truth.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Ewenla202: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
It is so sad . It is their norm both in the south- south and the south east to refer to any muslim as boko haram. I experienced it last year when I served in Benin. Unfortunately, the so called enligthened ones among them who should educate them are also wallowing in this macabre dance of shame. The MCAN should call the security agencies- the armed forces- to forestall any attack.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
koyyes: Sorry about that but please ask yourself this questions and I want you to answer them truthfully within yourself- is it really their fault that things have turned out this way? When the 9/11 tragedy occurred, were you among those who rejoiced? There is a saying that when you encourage evil, it comes knocking on your door.
I am very sorry to tell you this... Your questions are baseless! I suggest you get facts about things before you comment on posts.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Ndkings1(m): 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is how it goes wen a child chose to deny his mother of sleep.....
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
[quote
author=Yask2guy]It's a disgrace that you lack the ability to understand
a simple statement.
Read a statement very well and try to understand what it means before
typing like a fool which you've claimed to be next time.
I said they need orientations about the bokoharam people... Does that
mean I am one of them?
What it simply mean is for them to stop referring all Muslims they see
as BH because they are not. The Islam I know doesn't support the killing
of children, women of the enemies and not even men that surrenders
during battles. I believe you are a student, so do try to learn more
about other things that involves man's existence in general and not just
going to schl to study maths, English and the likes.
Are you telling me you don't know about the pastor in owerri that was
caught with explosives? So, what are you talking about? Stop this
foolishness and get oriented![/quote] Gaskiya walai! u av spoken well bro! Igbo are always igbotic in nature. i wouldnt blame dem anyways. it lack of orientatn indeed!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
May Allah guide nd protect all muslims nd islam as a whole(amin). i urge all muslim on NL 2 be patient as normalcy would be restored soonest! InshAllahu! Toh, sai de safi..Allah ya kaimun..Odaaro eyin omo kaaro ojiire..

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Ngokafor(f): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: It's a disgrace that you lack the ability to understand a simple statement.
Read a statement very well and try to understand what it means before typing like a fool which you've claimed to be next time.
I said they need orientations about the bokoharam people... Does that mean I am one of them?
What it simply mean is for them to stop referring all Muslims they see as BH because they are not. The Islam I know doesn't support the killing of children, women of the enemies and not even men that surrenders during battles. I believe you are a student, so do try to learn more about other things that involves man's existence in general and not just going to schl to study maths, English and the likes.
Are you telling me you don't know about the pastor in owerri that was caught with explosives? So, what are you talking about? Stop this foolishness and get oriented!

..You are actually the one who is the fool here..or is articulating your thoughts a problem for you?..
..How can a supossedly educated person like you advise Easterners to change their orientation about Boko-haram when these guys are certified mass killers/terrorists?..

...Simply say that Easterners should change their attitude about muslims(which is highly unlikely as long as muslims are the face of Bokoharam ) and not the drivel you posted..

..as for my educational achievement..that is something you can only dream about..mschew!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
@Op may Allah guide nd protect u my broda.. All u need 2 observe z Sabur(patient) coupled with prayer.. My sister who happens 2 be an Hijabi(an hijab sister) experience d same thing. Allah will always be der 2 guide nd protect u my broda(amin suma amin).. Odaaro sir!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by londoner: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: Was there ever any harassment of the Igbos in the southwest... They are always welcome there! Not all Muslims are from the north so get oriented before you make points

I know that of course and I've said the same many times on Nairaland. As much as the average Muslim is not BH, whether Yoruba or Northerner in fact, but this is a time of panic.

This time last year, people were saying and believing that there are no, and can NEVER be any Yoruba terrorist.

That is until those two boys of Yoruba background killed Rigsby, arrest of Yoruba BH leader Suleiman.

Maybe they also see the return of Igbo's from Lagos to the SE by Fashola (Yoruba Muslim) as an act driven by religion. WE all know that to be untrue (as muslims at other points were removed too), but people often put two and two together and come up with five.

Who knows, but Nigeria is at a time when nobody trusts each other. Sad but true.

One thing is for sure, no one knows what will happen next, not even SSS.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Habeebpain(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
Twik: .....OGA SHUT UP!!! U NO GET TALK..BOKO!!! #bringbackourgirls#..NOTE!! This world will never be save as long as their are muslims..I had anoda name 4 muslim is bomb!!

Arkham asylum patient on the loose.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Ngokafor(f): 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: It's a disgrace that you lack the ability to understand a simple statement.

..You are actually the one who is the fool here..or is articulating your thoughts a problem for you?..
..How can a supposedly educated person like you advise Easterners to change their orientation about Boko-haram when these guys are certified mass killers/terrorists?..

...Simply say that Easterners should change their attitude about muslims(which is highly unlikely as long as muslims are the faces of Bokoharam ) and not the drivel you posted..

..as for my educational achievement..that is an attainment you can only dream of..mschew!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: I am very sorry to tell you this... Your questions are baseless! I suggest you get facts about things before you comment on posts.
I'm not appalled by your response. You need not apologize because it was expected. As regard facts, spelling them out will only intensify my hatred for your bad brothers and transfer my aggression to your 1percent innocent folks. Don't play dum, you know what I'm talking about!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by cbrass(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
Twik: .....OGA SHUT UP!!! U NO GET TALK..BOKO!!! #bringbackourgirls#..NOTE!! This world will never be save as long as their are muslims..I had anoda name 4 muslim is bomb!!

That's too hash mr friend...c'mon
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by superamoled: 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
The story is sad and it's worse that we have ignorant nairaland posting hateful comments

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Habeebpain(m): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
If all Muslims are terrorists then Ozil, Karim Benzema, Frank Riberry, Fellaini, Zidane, Dzeko, Anelka, Khedira, and Kevin Prince Boateng amongst others are terrorists as well, abi?
Answer me o!!!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by cbrass(m): 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
londoner:

I know that of course and I've said the same many times on Nairaland. As much as the average Muslim is not BH, whether Yoruba or Northerner in fact, but this is a time of panic.

This time last year, people were saying and believing that there are no, and can NEVER be any Yoruba terrorist.

That is until those two boys of Yoruba background killed Rigsby, arrest of Yoruba BH leader Suleiman.

Maybe they also see the return of Igbo's from Lagos to the SE by Fashola (Yoruba Muslim) as an act driven by religion. WE all know that to be untrue (as muslims at other points were removed too), but people often put two and two together and come up with five.

Who knows, but Nigeria is at a time when nobody trusts each other. Sad but true.

One thing is for sure, no one knows what will happen next, not even SSS.

So is this all you can say? So a yoruba man is now a potential terroist? I was I a commuter bus one day and I sat beside a muslim, there was discussion of bokoharam and the man felt so ashamed about it that we quickly changed the topic. Let me tell you, muslims in the southwest are very unhappy and ashamed about these killings.Its a pity you southeasterners hardly think deep before rushing to issues, exactly the mistake of Ojukwu when he attacked Ore. Well let me just tell you here that there is nothing called yoruba muslim or yoruba christian . What you guys are doing is sending our people away and harassing them, I just hope you know that no one has the monopoly of violence
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ngokafor:

..How can a supposedly educated person like you advise Easterners to change their orientation about Boko-haram when these guys are certified mass killers/terrorists?..

...Simply say that Easterners should change their attitude about muslims(which is highly unlikely as long as muslims are the faces of Bokoharam ) and not the drivel you posted..

..as for my educational achievement..that is an attainment you can only dream of..mschew!
Hmn... Itz just a pity if truly your educational achievement is worth dreaming of as you've claimed. Just to let you know, i am a researcher and i make lot of findings about my society in order to provide solutions and not to remain ignorant as you've remained with your so called educational achievements.
Wake up into the reality and stop dreaming!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Ugele: 10:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
Kezifils: Do u really blame them. When they have lost relatives as a result of the radical sect, wat do u xpect. After 9/11, all muslims is US where also viewed as Terror**t.
where did u get ur facts. The fastest growing religion in d world today is Islam both Europe and US. Google it and reply me.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by londoner: 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
cbrass:

So is this all you can say? So a yoruba man is now a potential terroist? I was I a commuter bus one day and I sat beside a muslim, there was discussion of bokoharam and the man felt so ashamed about it that we quickly changed the topic. Let me tell you, muslims in the southwest are very unhappy and ashamed about these killings.Its a pity you southeasterners hardly think deep before rushing to issues, exactly the mistake of Ojukwu when he attacked Ore. Well let me just tell you here that there is nothing called yoruba muslim or yoruba christian . What you guys are doing is sending our people away and harassing them, I just hope you know that no one has the monopoly of violence

You should learn not to twist words. I have already said a few times here my mind on harassing innocent people, of any tribe or religion

You just wanted an opportunity to say "you Igbos this" "Ojukwu that"......lol It doesn't matter what the thread can be about.....chewing stick or BH......all roads on NL always lead to the same place.

Go ahead, but leave me out of it, my friend.....lol

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by chitoria: 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
@OP u can lie ooo.is it not in the same umuahia that I am .igbo people here are peace loving people.iro nla maleleyi oooo

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by filiks(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
This must stop...

I said it sometime ago, northerners might be able to identify the BH bastards at a glance and differentiate between an innocent muslim and a BH bastard but to the easterners, every muslim is a suspect!

Please to avoid the storm that's been looming. I advice every Nigerian youth to do something for the first time in their lives!, don't go to other regions in the name of "youth service" until the whole security problem is solved!

The people posting you don't care about you! They only care about the moneys allocated for the program!, the plenty contracts(NYSC uniforms etc)!

The aim of the program has been long defeated! Stop the damn program! It ain't working!!!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
chitoria: @OP u can lie ooo.is it not in the same umuahia that I am .igbo people here are peace loving people.iro nla maleleyi oooo
your username implies it all... Logic!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant. Can She Go To NYSC Camp Without Marriage Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.