Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:52 AM

25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) (1585 Views)

25 Things You Need To Stop Wasting Your Time On. / Ten Stories That Sound Like April Fools, But Are Not. / Some Things People Say Or Do That Sound Or Look Foolish. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by oluamid(m): 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Although you might not believe most of them, these are 25 things that sound too crazy to be true, but they are!

25 Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto

24 Oxford University is older than the Aztec Empire

23 France was still executing people by guillotine when Star Wars: A New Hope hit theatres

22 Nintendo was originally a trading card company

21 If the sun were the size of a white blood cell then the Milky Way Galaxy would be the size of the United States

20 There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world

19 For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants

18 The total weight of all those ants, however, is about the same as all the humans

17 On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds shocked shocked (I've got to book the next flight to those planets ASAP)

16 Ten percent of all the photos ever taken were taken in the last 12 months

15 Shakespeare made up the name "Jessica" for his play Merchant of Venice (hmmm. Always thought it was an English/X-tian name)

14 Your chances of being killed by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark

13 Nowhere in the Humpty Dumpty Nursery Rhyme does it say that Humpty Dumpty is an egg

12 Armadillos almost always give birth to quadruplets

11 Scotland's national animal is the unicorn

10 Apparently there are more fake flamingos in the world than real flamingos

9 John Tyler, the 10th president of the US, was born in 1790. He has a grandson that is alive today.

8 A strawberry is NOT a berry

7 A banana IS a berry. (imagine, bananaberry grin)

6 There is enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America in one foot of liquid

5 An octopus has three hearts (Useful for cardiac arrest patients - Just switched to a spare heart! grin)

4 There are 10 times more bacteria in your body than actual body cells

3 There is only one country between North Korea and Norway

2 New York City is farther south than Rome, Italy

1 Maine is the closest US state to Africa

Culled from: http://list25.com/25-things-that-sound-too-crazy-to-be-true-but-they-are/2/
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by killzone(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Nice one
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by overhypedsteve(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
Would like to go to pluto, who get map abeg, shey dem dey allow bike for that side?
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by oluamid(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
overhypedsteve: Would like to go to pluto, who get map abeg, shey dem dey allow bike for that side?

The Pluto govt banned the usage of bikes but dem get keke sha.

Wait oo, what do you call someone from Pluto, a Plutish?
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by overhypedsteve(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
oluamid:

The Pluto govt banned the usage of bikes but dem get keke sha.

Wait oo, what do you call someone from Pluto, a Plutish?
a plutard
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by oluamid(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
overhypedsteve: a plutard

A plute then. hehehe grin
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by overhypedsteve(m): 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
oluamid:

A plute then. hehehe grin
re you kidding me? Re we gonna argue about this?
You that do not even know were pluto is on the map
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by corisande: 7:49am On Jul 11, 2014
20 and 17 shocked
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by Kezifils(m): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Number of stars more than the grain of sand on all the beach on earth? Now dat I dont believe. In other words, the number of stars frm infinity to infinity.
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2014
Amazing! How in the world is number 9 possible? shocked
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by anumide(f): 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
lipsrsealed undecided
Abeg who count d stars??
I no believe
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by SenatorJames(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
OgidiOlu3: Amazing! How in the world is number 9 possible? shocked
It is possible sir.

Let us try this simple mathematics.

2014-1790=224years, assuming his child lived for 100years and gave birth to his last child (who is this grandson) at the age of 50years.

That means the grandson could be 224-100-50=74years by now. How do you see that?

1 Like

Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by KillerBeauty(f): 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
Cool facts
Though I don't understand all
Some are just too Americanish
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by oluamid(m): 9:39am On Aug 31, 2014
KillerBeauty: Cool facts
Though I don't understand all
Some are just too Americanish

Okay, lemme give you one Nigerian fact.

Do you know that TAN (Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria) is actually PDP in disguise?
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by yinkuscious(m): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hmmm, that NO. 19 get as he be oo, please, how them take count the number of ant in the world, is it NPC that conducted the Census ? Cos I don't rememba when they came to conduct that of our area o. Please ask urself, how can ant be counted ? Did they voluntarily leave themselves or they searched for them ?
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by oluamid(m): 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
yinkuscious: Hmmm, that NO. 19 get as he be oo, please, how them take count the number of ant in the world, is it NPC that conducted the Census ? Cos I don't rememba when they came to conduct that of our area o. Please ask urself, how can ant be counted ? Did they voluntarily leave themselves or they searched for them ?

I guess na guestimate. Abi shey na NPC wey neva count Nigerians finish wan dey count ants?
Re: 25 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (but They Are!) by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 01, 2014
nice

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon / How We Shower During Harmattan.. Lol / Man Cuts Open Snake's Belly,you Won't Believe What He Saw Inside..(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.