Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? (2099 Views)

Guys Beware: Too Many Runs Girls Nowadays. / Top 8 Lies Told By Ladies Of Nowadays / Why Do Ladies Of Nowadays HIDE Their MEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
They say children are the leaders of tomorrow but the way things are going , THERE WILL BE NO TOMORROW! Children of nowadays have turned into something else! Especially In Nigeria!

Disrespect and irresponsibility are the common traits found in 3 out of every 5 children. From the way they speak , behave and dress , it is very obvious that our children are going wayward.

#They Can't Read Their Books For 30minutes A Day But They Can Spend Hours Chatting MEANINGLESS Chats On 2go And Other Networking Platforms.

#They Speak To Their Elders In Rude And Provoking Manners.

#They Dress Anyhow , Expose Their Body Parts And Call It "Swag".

#They Engage In Relationships And Have Sex At A Young Age!

Personally , I think the problem is they're "Too Eager To Explore".

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by decode55(m): 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
so what would you like us to do about it?

Should we start dancing shoki? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
decode55: so what would you like us to do about it?

Should we start dancing shoki? undecided
thats exactly what he is complaining about, u young people of today are so rude....must u comment? if u av nothing good to say, why not move to the next topic! U won't understand now cos u feel u are 'enjoying urself' until u get married and begin to av kids like a responsible person....then, u will understand. I don't even knw if to say this generation is the worst....they are so immoral, rude, irresponsible...u find only a few out of a whole lot that has the Fear of God and common sense...God help us.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by jnrbayano(m): 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
Angelmay: thats exactly what he is complaining about, u young people of today are so rude....must u comment? if u av nothing good to say, why not move to the next topic! U won't understand now cos u feel u are 'enjoying urself' until u get married and begin to av kids like a responsible person....then, u will understand. I don't even knw if to say this generation is the worst....they are so immoral, rude, irresponsible...u find only a few out of a whole lot that has the Fear of God and common sense...God help us.

Exactly!

You will find these unruly people very many here on the romance section, just check the threads we have here.
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
Angelmay: thats exactly what he is complaining about, u young people of today are so rude....must u comment? if u av nothing good to say, why not move to the next topic! U won't understand now cos u feel u are 'enjoying urself' until u get married and begin to av kids like a responsible person....then, u will understand. I don't even knw if to say this generation is the worst....they are so immoral, rude, irresponsible...u find only a few out of a whole lot that has the Fear of God and common sense...God help us.

[b]Lol..

Let me guess, you and the OP belong to one of the older 'better' generation abi?

Now I ask you; WHO RAISED THIS BAD GENERATION YOU SPEAK ILL OF? grin

Be careful how you point fingers at others cos underneath that pointed finger are four others pointed right back at you.

@ OP,

There is no such thing as a bad generation, just a different generation. You may not have chatted on 2go, BBM, Facebook and all that in your younger days and it's not necessarily because you were such a fantastic kid, it's actually because you didn't have such distractions around in your time. What I have realized is that past generations judge the present based on the standards of measurement used for them in their time and the truth is that nobody from this generation would easily pass based on those standards.

This generation is not the same as ours. I grew up watching cartoons by 4pm (when you are lucky to have NTA or your local station open on schedule and NEPA was available), today a child can watch cartoons at 3a.m in the morning cos the cartoons are 24hrs. I doubt my kid brother knows the meaning of NTA. grin I didn't have Facebook, but we had street ball, rolling tires, playing Police and Thief, Hide and seek, flying kites, wheel and spokes, early morning pepper soup, reading mills and boom, Hints, playing squares, etc.. Somehow, you will never see this as being as bad as Fcaebook and com but go ask the generation that preceded yours how irresponsible it was to see you running the streets rolling tyres or playing ball. grin if anything, I would even say this generation of younglings are faced with a much more difficult situation than we ever did.

O! Today's youths are walking around in skimpy outfits, in the 70's the complaint was the disco culture, the 90's was the baggy clothes culture, the 2000's was the sagging. You see that we will keep changing as time goes on?

Trends and times are going to change, you either adapt to the change or stick with what you know, but whatever you do, try not to be overly judgmental.

Remember, in Adam and Eves time, walking around N-aked was trending. grin

Better figure out a way to manage your kids in this very very complicated and fast-moving era, cos wether you like it or not, this is their generation and they must live it.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by decode55(m): 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2014

shocked Lord have mercy!

Who are you calling a kid?

I've met your type before sha. You're obviously suffering from both microcephaly & achondroplasia.

If you quote me again, may rectourethral fistula envelop your gonads there! angry angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Rapmoney(m): 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
decode55:

shocked Lord have mercy!

I've met your type before sha. You're obviously suffering from both microcephaly & achondroplasia.

If you quote me again, may rectourethral fistula envelop your gonads there! angry angry

If you must attack people, let it be their ideas and not their personality! Why bring in Adam and Eve to justify your point? This Adam and Eve story could just be a religious myth. There is nothing like different standard here; what is good is good and what is bad is bad. Our society is getting worse. Children are no longer interested in studying. They seek pleasure in things that will not help to secure their future or better the society.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by decode55(m): 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
Rapmoney:

If you must attack people, let it be their ideas and not their personality! Why bring in Adam and Eve to justify your point? This Adam and Eve story could just be a religious myth. There is nothing like different standard here; what is good is good and what is bad is bad. Our society is getting worse. Children are no longer interested in studying. They seek pleasure in things that will not help to secure their future or better the society.

Hmmm. I reserve my comments sha
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
Rapmoney:

Your name plus your post = Oxymoron. No pun intended.

Abi it was I who talked about Adam and Eve not the fellow you quoted and I used the Adam and Eve part to make a point. Like you said 'it might' (emphasis on might, meaning you are not sure if it's true or not) so there is no point entering into another futile debate on that.

What's good is good, true.. But what we are talking about here is not as clear as night and day. A child using Facebook isn't bad in and of itself, excess use is what's bad.

#ThinkAboutIt..

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nastydroid(m): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]Lol..

Let me guess, you and the OP belong to one of the older 'better' generation abi?

Be careful how you point fingers at others cos underneath that pointed finger are four others pointed right back at you.

@ OP,

There is no such thing as a bad generation, just a different generation. You may not have chatted on 2go, BBM, Facebook and all that in your younger days and it's not necessarily because you were such a fantastic kid, it's actually because you didn't have such distractions around in your time. What I have realized is that past generations judge the present based on the standards of measurement used for them in their time and the truth is that nobody from this generation would easily pass based on those standards.

This generation is not the same as ours. I grew up watching cartoons by 4pm (when you are lucky to have NTA or your local station open on schedule and NEPA was available), today a child can watch cartoons at 3a.m in the morning cos the cartoons are 24hrs. I doubt my kid brother knows the meaning of NTA. grin I didn't have Facebook, but we had street ball, rolling tires, playing Police and Thief, Hide and seek, flying kites, wheel and spokes, early morning pepper soup, reading mills and boom, Hints, playing squares, etc.. Somehow, you will never see this as being as bad as Fcaebook and com but go ask the generation that preceded yours how irresponsible it was to see you running the streets rolling tyres or playing ball. grin if anything, I would even say this generation of younglings are faced with a much more difficult situation than we ever did.

O! Today's youths are walking around in skimpy outfits, in the 70's the complaint was the disco culture, the 90's was the baggy clothes culture, the 2000's was the sagging. You see that we will keep changing as time goes on?

Trends and times are going to change, you either adapt to the change or stick with what you know, but whatever you do, try not to be overly judgmental.

Better figure out a way to manage your kids in this very very complicated and fast-moving era, cos wether you like it or not, this is their generation and they must live it.[/b]
if i don't quote this who will?
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 10, 2014
jnrbayano:

Exactly!

You will find these unruly people very many here on the romance section, just check the threads we have here.
my Dear, stuff like this, u don't say much, u just watch as they continue to blab. It is well.
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]Lol..

@ OP,

Madcow....hmmm....cute name, sarcasm is sweet when used properly, u probably should learn how to use it better, it will help. U av good points that u could put across clearly bt u don't probably knw d rite way to...it helps a lot when u do. U av said some tins dt are true even though u can't dispute d fact dt d originator of this topic clearly has great points dt are equally true. And before u quote someone, kindly read the comment properly, i suggest u do dt with my post and tell me what exactly i said dt warrants ur response. I said....i don't knw if to say this is the worst' .....i didnt say ours is perfect....its simple english. And i don't knw about OP, bt yes, i belong to the older and better generation....whether u accept or nor, its the truth...deal with it. Check out wat we complained about...immorality, rudeness, irresponsibility....if u are from d older geberation like u are trying to show, check dis times and tell me they are nt rampart. U cannot...like u said...compare dis times and the past, they are clearly different and we are nt asking them to go back to those times....am only saying, if it can be done then, it can be done now. Youths need to understand dis....like the very rude guy i quoted above...they don't even see dt anytin is wrong. See guy! This is my opinion....u are nt bound to accept.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 12:39am On Jul 10, 2014
Angelmay: Madcow....hmmm....cute name, sarcasm is sweet when used properly, u probably should learn how to use it better, it will help. U av good points that u could put across clearly bt u don't probably knw d rite way to...it helps a lot when u do. U av said some tins dt are true even though u can't dispute d fact dt d originator of this topic clearly has great points dt are equally true. And before u quote someone, kindly read the comment properly, i suggest u do dt with my post and tell me what exactly i said dt warrants ur response. I said....i don't knw if to say this is the worst' .....i didnt say ours is perfect....its simple english. And i don't knw about OP, bt yes, i belong to the older and better generation....whether u accept or nor, its the truth...deal with it. Check out wat we complained about...immorality, rudeness, irresponsibility....if u are from d older geberation like u are trying to show, check dis times and tell me they are nt rampart. U cannot...like u said...compare dis times and the past, they are clearly different and we are nt asking them to go back to those times....am only saying, if it can be done then, it can be done now. Youths need to understand dis....like the very rude guy i quoted above...they don't even see dt anytin is wrong. See guy! This is my opinion....u are nt bound to accept.
. You're The First Sensible Person I've Seen On Nairaland.. Others Are Just jokers who dunno when to joke and when to take things serious.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 12:42am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]Lol..

@ OP,

. This Is Too Long!. TBH , I Stopped Reading This Halfway!
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 10, 2014
decode55:

shocked Lord have mercy!

My Brother, why are u so hot-blooded like this? Calm down, no one is quarelling here, its nt like u can do anytin, its just all talk, so calm down. The more u post, the more u prove what i av said to be true...so calm down. u claim nt to be a kid bt u clearly talk and act like one. it does not boil down to big words so people can fear or respect u. If u don't want me to quote u, don't comment, cos if u do and i feel d need to, i will. I don't need, though, to go back and forth with u cos its ample waste of time and i knw your comment about knowing 'my type' is allowed cos its one of those tins u say to make urself feel better. As for ur last statement...God forgive u as do I...but be careful to whom u say wat online cos u just don't knw whom God will fight for...

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: . You're The First Sensible Person I've Seen On Nairaland.. Others Are Just jokers who dunno when to joke and when to take things serious.
am honoured My Friend.....thank you.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:58am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: They say children are the leaders of tomorrow but the way things are going , THERE WILL BE NO TOMORROW! Children of nowadays have turned into something else! Especially In Nigeria!

Disrespect and irresponsibility are the common traits found in 3 out of every 5 children. From the way they speak , behave and dress , it is very obvious that our children are going wayward.

#They Can't Read Their Books For 30minutes A Day But They Can Spend Hours Chatting MEANINGLESS Chats On 2go And Other Networking Platforms.

#They Speak To Their Elders In Rude And Provoking Manners.

#They Dress Anyhow , Expose Their Body Parts And Call It "Swag".

#They Engage In Relationships And Have Sex At A Young Age!

Personally , I think the problem is they're "Too Eager To Explore".
all these elderly forming holier than thou. If you had internet in your days,this present generation would not be in exsistence. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 1:03am On Jul 10, 2014
Angelmay: Madcow....hmmm....cute name, sarcasm is sweet when used properly, u probably should learn how to use it better, it will help. U av good points that u could put across clearly bt u don't probably knw d rite way to...it helps a lot when u do. U av said some tins dt are true even though u can't dispute d fact dt d originator of this topic clearly has great points dt are equally true. And before u quote someone, kindly read the comment properly, i suggest u do dt with my post and tell me what exactly i said dt warrants ur response. I said....i don't knw if to say this is the worst' .....i didnt say ours is perfect....its simple english. And i don't knw about OP, bt yes, i belong to the older and better generation....whether u accept or nor, its the truth...deal with it. Check out wat we complained about...immorality, rudeness, irresponsibility....if u are from d older geberation like u are trying to show, check dis times and tell me they are nt rampart. U cannot...like u said...compare dis times and the past, they are clearly different and we are nt asking them to go back to those times....am only saying, if it can be done then, it can be done now. Youths need to understand dis....like the very rude guy i quoted above...they don't even see dt anytin is wrong. See guy! This is my opinion....u are nt bound to accept.

[b]Heheheheheee.. You needs to chill darling,

I didn't come to pick a fight, I simply tried to highlight a lot of things the 'older generation' which I belong to (prolly even a generation older than yours) never seem to consider when trying to point out the ills of the present generation. I wasn't trying to be sacarstic, infact I wonder what exactly you saw as sacarstic in my post. If you are religious like that and of the Christian faith, then the Adam and Eve line which I am guessing you interpreted as sarcasm should not appear so.

Like I said earlier, when 'we' the older generation point fingers at the present generation and criticize them, we inadvertently criticize ourselves as the older is responsible for the new..

There is one very constant trend I have noticed that will not change and it is the fact that progressively, the older generation always feel like their times were better than the present. If in doubt, go ask your parents and your grandparents and hear what they have to say. Even your generation that you think was better, the much older set think your generation was just as equally bad, Infact they probably blame whatever decay you perceive in the present on the rot that they saw from yours. grin it's a never ending vicious cycle. I can take a bet that this present generation would say same about the next..

That said, I want you to open up your mind to the ever present and evolving concept that is change. Don't expect this e-generation to operate like yours did. Everything you think is wrong in the present crop of youngsters existed in your time. Maybe the advent of the internet age has only exposed you to these 'ills' in a much larger proportion than you could see from the much smaller world that you grew up in.

I pointed out that things like T.V, radio, computers, phones, phones with internet where not available to us as it is right now. A child of 15 has seen way more in his/her 15 year existence thanks to these innovations than you ever did at the same age. They are not enclosed and shrouded in so much tradition as you were growing up. The amount of information from across multiple and diverse civilizations, religions, cultures and more thrown at them daily is way more than you ever were exposed to at their age. And this in and of itself isn't a bad thing. The core basics remain unchanged like; thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill, etc.. But things like underaged sex has not changed one bit, all that has happened is that your exposure to it has broadened.

Also remember that you were just a child in your 'days' and couldn't possibly have understood your entire surrounding and the happenings therein like you presently think you did.

My advice remains the same, take your present thoughts and feelings, ponder on them and bare in mind that the next generation which you would birth and be responsible for raising would have to live in this times and think of how you would help them adapt and properly navigate these ills without being a part of the problems you see.

O and before you throw another 'this is my opinion' line at me, also remember that this is a forum. The general idea isn't to shove opinions down anyone's throat, the whole aim of a forum is to discuss, banter if you like.. At the end of the day, no matter how hard anyone tries, our opinions would always be based on a lot of personal and psychological factors that are unique to each of us. If the entire world held the same opinion of every issue, there would be no need for discussions such as these.

Thanks for sharing.. cool
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 1:04am On Jul 10, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
all these elderly forming holier than thou. If you had internet in your days,this present generation would not be in exsistence. Mtcheew
For Your Info , I'm Not An Elder!. Get That Into Your Head!
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 1:06am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: . This Is Too Long!. TBH , I Stopped Reading This Halfway!

if you are part of the new Facebook and Instagram generation, I wouldn't be surprised you couldn't read through that post and considered it too long. That generation deal more in pictures and abridged versions of everything than we did.. So it's cool. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 1:07am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: For Your Info , I'm Not An Elder!. I'm Not Even Up To 19!

#iRestMyCase.. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 1:08am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: For Your Info , I'm Not An Elder!. I'm Not Even Up To 19! Get That Into Your Head!
lol. That makes it simple. You are re.tarde. Why don't you try overcoming the hurdle of neco before dabbling into matters that are beyond your pre-evolution thinking facaulty
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 1:09am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1:

if you are part of the new Facebook and Instagram generation, I wouldn't be surprised you couldn't read through that post and considered it too long. That generation deal more in pictures and abridged versions of everything than we did.. So it's cool. cool
Wanna Knw Why I Stopped Reading?? Itz Could I Couldn't make sense outta what u were sayn! :p
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 1:12am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: Wanna Knw Why I Stopped Reading?? Itz Could I Couldn't make sense outta what u were sayn! :p

I don't expect you to seeing you are barely 19. The wisdom contained in my posts are way above the limits of your understanding. Don't even try to because it would simply be an exercise in futility. cool

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 1:13am On Jul 10, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
lol. That makes it simple. You are re.tarde. Why don't you try overcoming the hurdle of neco before dabbling into matters that are beyond your pre-evolution thinking facaulty
Idiot ! I've passed it already. And guess what?? I did it in 1Sitting... GO AND DIE If you're can't stand it
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 1:15am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1:

I don't expect you to seeing you are barely 19. The wisdom contained in my posts are way above the limits of your understanding. Don't even try to because it would simply be an exercise in futility. cool
. Seems You've Forgotten Age Is just a number..
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 1:16am On Jul 10, 2014
@Angel.. You want to see proof that you are part of the generation my generation considers as rotten? Look at the amount of juvenile abbreviations contained in both your post and that of the OP.. grin My generation considers this short text writing style adopted by the present generation to be responsible for the decline in literary skills of the present generation. grin

Remember my very first advice about finger pointing? Go figure..

#TeamOldSchool..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 1:17am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: Idiot ! I've passed it already. And guess what?? I did it in 1Sitting... GO AND DIE If you're can't stand it
lol. The evil of copy and paste. The youngling did not bother to read the article before dumping it on nl.
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by MadCow1: 1:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: . Seems You've Forgotten Age Is just a number..

I would have indulged you and countered this statement of yours with yet another long post, but you probably would be too lazy to read through it and even if you did, like with my previous post, you wouldn't comprehend a darn thing, so why bother.

However, Age is way more than just numbers in many regards.. Don't take that say too literally.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Ishilove: 1:19am On Jul 10, 2014
MadCow1:

Lol cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 1:21am On Jul 10, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
lol. The evil of copy and paste. The youngling did not bother to read the article before dumping it on nl.
. #Ignored coz u're talking out if point!
Re: What Is Wrong With Children Of Nowadays? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 1:24am On Jul 10, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: . #Ignored coz u're talking out if point!
improve on your grammar,and i might just consider engaging you in an intelligent exchange of words. And you should focus more on your post utme. People who can't spell have close to zero chance of getting into OAU.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is She Up To? / Why Are Girls Called “sluts” But Guys Are “just Having Fun”? / Why Is It That Pretty Girls Like Talking To Ugly Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.