Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,397 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? (2473 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2006
In Christianity:

1.)The sick are healed
2.)Demons are cast out
3.)Tongues are spoken to speak to the spirit
4.)Holy spirit enters people
5.)Words spoken out of another persons mouth can come directly from God
6.) Beauty of Jesus can be seen in People

All this is done in Jesus name. However muslims see him as just a prophet, can you do the above in mohammed's name?? So how can Jesus be a prophet??
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2006
The spirit is no where to be found in Islam.The only language they speak is war so they are often approached that way.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Viper(m): 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2006
Softee:

In Christianity:

1.)The sick are healed
2.)Demons are cast out

All this is done in Jesus name. However muslims see him as just a prophet, can you do the above in mohammed's name?? So how can Jesus be a prophet??

oya muslims answer abeg grin

softee, dont let KAG and his likes comeand catch you. They will ask you were and when you saw demons grin
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 12:51am On Jul 21, 2006
Viper:

oya muslims answer abeg grin

softee, don't let KAG and his likes comeand catch you. They will ask you were and when you saw demons grin

The muslims are not answering because they know its true cheesycheesy Christianity has GODS POWER in it.

I have actually seen a demon in a person before you know so i will let them know!
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by edygirl(f): 2:46am On Jul 21, 2006
No they won't answer. If it was the mystery of the holy trinity, they will come out to answer what they don't know.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by diddy4(m): 2:47am On Jul 21, 2006
ok, i want to see some answers to this questions asap. where are the muslims? where they at?
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by xkape(m): 8:29am On Jul 21, 2006
You guys shouldnt go around provoking muslims with this kind of rhetoric.
Anybody can claim the miraculouis or the spiritual. Arguments like these only alienate muslims the more and stirs up hate.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Viper(m): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2006
xkape:

Anybody can claim the miraculouis or the spiritual. Arguments like these only alienate muslims the more and stirs up hate.

Muslims are our brothers, cheesy
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Gwaine(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2006
xkape:

Nobody is alienating muslims - it's nobody's fault if they can't speak up for themselves about the miracles in their religion. If we rejoice in the miracles God gives through faith in the name of Jesus Christ, why should anyone want to hate Christians for that?

The topic needs important qualification and perhaps an editing that is all accommodating; and that's why I held my peace until now. Muslims indeed speak of some 'miracles' in Islam, no doubt. What we would like to see is a sharing of those occurences classified as 'miraculous' by them. In such cases, important questions need to be addressed: (a) does the Qur'an speak of miracles performed by the Prophet Muhammad? (b) how do the miracles in Islam benefit its adherents? (c) in what way do those miracles reveal God's glory? (d) what is distinct about the miracles in the Qur'an (if any), and how do they relate to those performed by the Biblical prophets? etc. . .

Even as Christians we need to be careful and objective enough to tacle the same questions we ask our Muslim discussants. Indeed, there are miracles recorded in the Bible - and many of them were great and brought spectacular blessings to their recipients. But we don't find the same things happening through the dispensations between the OT and the NT. For example, I don't remember anyone casting out a demon in the OT, while we read of this a number of instances in the NT.

This is not to dampen the zest of this thread; however, I know several other adherents of other religions who might just as well say the same thing that: "Our xyz religion is the only faith that is alive!" What I would rather like to encourage is a dialogue between both sides of the divide in order to better understand the raison d'etre of whatever faith we profess.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2006
xkape:

Nobody is provoking muslims, it simply was a question. If you go throughout the religion section you will see plenty of questions asked by muslims about Christians, but hey, its quite typical that this does not provoke us because we just don't seem to matter quite clearly. Anyways it is great for people to see how Jesus changed mankind and what we are able to do through him. It is also important that his status does not continue being degraded into being a prophet because he was something much GREATER than "just a prophet". May i also add this is not an argument.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2006
Nobody is alienating muslims - it's nobody's fault if they can't speak up for themselves about the miracles in their religion. If we rejoice in the miracles God gives through faith in the name of Jesus Christ, why should anyone want to hate Christians for that?

Very, Very True @ Gwaine
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by olabowale(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2006
My dearest young sister Softee,
I address you personally and those who support your kind of thinking and emotion stirring-up mentality. I do not know what tribe you are and truly it does not matter. What really matter is your relationship with God the Almighty. It is not enough to say that you worship God, but really you must find the only true path. When you are on that path, this will be the beginning of your journey to truth. Personally I do not have anything against any religion. However we do know that God is consistent and His command is clear; worship Me and do not associate any with Me. To answer your questions about miracle of God through His last Messenger, Muhammad (saw). The Miracles of Muhammad, that is performed bY His Creator through him are of three types; Before his birth, like the defeat of the people of the Elephant. This is in Qur'an and the explanation is also in the hadith. During his life time, like the making of a night journey starting from Makka to Jerusalem and ascending to heavens and beyond and coming back through the same path to Makka all in the same Night. When I said and beyond in the last sentence, it means stepping to the realm of after life from the point of judgement day. No other prophet was given this previlege by the Lord of the Worlds. In this journey, when he arrived in jerusalem, he encountered all the prophets before him including Jesus, the Messiah, the son of Mary (AS). You will notice that I referred to Jesus (AS) as the son of mary, because he is truly a miraculous birth and in the animal kingdom there is the workers of the ants that develop from unfertilized eggs. The re are other animals that do this. In maqnkind, the creation of Adam (AS) our father is no less a miracle of the same stature as the miracle of the birth of Jesus (AS); Be, and it is. The miracle that was after his earthly life, like Umar (RA) the amir Muminii, the second Kalifah of Islam who gave warned a group of Muslim warrior who were fighting there enemies tens of miles away while he was giving sermon in madina.There are many miracles and it covers all of the miracles of all prophets combined and then some more. However the greatest of all the Miracles is the Qur'an itself. It is indestuctible, even all mankind wre to support each other and the Jinns along with them in trying to do so. It will not happen. There is something known as Karammallah. What this is, is something unusual happening to a person when there is no reason for it, for example a group of you are at the the city dump and of course the smell will be unagreeable and very strong. However one of you begin to smell a beautiful fragrance that he/she has never smelled before. This still happens among the muslims and many other types to include for example a recent past occurance in the jail of Egypt where the jailer had a starved lion loose on a Muslim Cleric. The lion was to eat him which was the reason they starved it. However after several days, they saw the lion just sitting beside him as if the lion is a house cat. He, the cleric was only concerned that the lion saliva may not be pure since cats are meat eaters.
My sister, read SuraturRum, Chapter Rome and go to the adith on it. Read SuratulLahab, the chapter Lahab and go and study the adith on it. Go also and do some research and do not speak off cuff. You need to go and read about the miracles in Qur'an and the miracles of God the Only true Creator which He performed through Muhammad and then the miracles performed through the followers of Muhammad. It includes animals, trees dead and still living, stones talking to people and acknowledging the prophethood of the noblest of all creations, Muhammad the beloved of God. Dear Nigerian young lady, go and read about the end of those who have been against Muhammad, they have tragic ends and their places are in hellfire. The clear differnce between Islam and Christianity is not between Muhammad and Jesus (AS), but how we each look at them. If you exagerate the position and status of one of them and deminish the the other or even totally deny any or both, it will not matter the least to their Lord. He only is sufficient for them. However, I advise you as I advise myself to seek God guidiance and do good work so as to receive the mercy of God. If you live in the USA, I will pass my conference center number to you and we can have some reasonable conversation along with your friends, hopefully those who have differnt view points on several matters are counted among your friends. Do not they? By the way, the older brother of Imo state Governor, is a Muslim and so are many intelligentias from the Ibos. They study the Qur'an and they accept it because of their pure hearts. I ask the God who creates all things to purify your heart so that you may receive guidiance. Remember that your lord is one and you must not associate any with Him. When you ask questions ask a question that has benefit to you and others. Your questions so far about Islam not only provocative, but are you ready to receive guidiance and be benefitted. You can be living and not be alive. Islam gives life and it is living even though the majority of the muslims may be spiritually dead or at least dormant and commatossed. But that should not give you the means of senseless talk. Again, you are welcome if you wish to learn, i will provide my conference center number which can accept up to 96 people at one time for 6 hours at a go. I give you the opportunity and please prepare yourself to teach and learn at the same time. I want conversation directly and authentic from Jesus, not Paul who was saul and bent on destroying the followership of jesus at that time. Remember most of the followers of jesus were against him, for example Barnabas and others. It strange that the Christians do not refer to those who knew jesus as much as they refer to paul, the true enemy of the Mission and Teaching of jesus (AS)>
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2006
Thank you Sir,

However, my heart could not be happier where i am, Jesus is my saviour, the reason why i am living and i am attached to him, he has done so much for me and is doing so much more, he has opened my heart to a lot of things so i can see the reality of life and a young age so that i can make the right decisions as an older person. I have studied some areas of islam and i must admit the information i have seen is not pleasant.

1.) Promise of 72 Virgins in 'Paradise' What about the women?
2.) The Violence
3.) Treatment of Women
4.) The perverted Prophet - Had sexual intercourse with a 9 year old

This religion can in no way purify my heart. Christianity can purify my heart since Jesus was pure and perfect. How can Allah purify my heart when his own 'prophet' was not pure. Even now i can still feel Jesus's precence and miracles can be perfomed through him. Miracles can not be performed through mohammed to this day, his presence does not live on because he was never a man of God, but a false prophet. Like i said, through jesus:

1.)The sick are healed
2.)Demons are cast out

I really do not see anything like this happening in islam. This is living proof that Jesus was the son of God but satan has clouded some of the human minds from seeing this. But because God is all powerful he will purify our minds and humble us so we can see the truth. (The truth shall set you free). Just so we can be Christ-like.

Barabas was not against Jesus it was Judas Iscariot, Even so i wouldn't say he was against Jesus because he knew Jesus was the son of God, he just made horrible choices, like stealing off Jesus and the rest of his followers and leading the people to arrest Jesus for money/gold. The only other disciple of Jesus that done wrong against him was Simon Peter who denied him 3 times, but because of Jesus's loving heart he forgave him. So i really do not know what you mean when you say most because it was only one disciple that was not loyal.

So i can only pray that Jesus makes you see the light because he is your only route to everlasting, eternal life. He done something so wonderful for you, he died to save you, dosen't that show pure love. Please do not judge me by my age because the youth are also blessed through Christ. Please do not miss out on the plan God has for your life by claiming God of the bible is not consistent, because he is, the only reason why he sent Jesus was to save the Good people in mankind from the evil, decitful one. Which is therefore known as The New Testament.

Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by olabowale(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2006
Dear Softee, I am not against you and definately I am not taking advantage of your youth. As a matter of fact, youth is the future of the world and tomorrow is the time of the youth. However, I hate your continuous vile statement about Allah, your Creator, His last messenger, Muhammad (AS) and Islam. If you deride the Muslims because of their bad behaviours and their poor judgements, I will agree with you and support you. Muslims are judged by the injuctions in Qur'an and Haqdith, not the other way around. In all religions you have bad and good people. In Nigeria you have good citizens who are Muslims and Christians and even Idol worshippers. Before Christianity, no even before Jesus son of Mary, the Messiah (AS), there were good people and God fearing people who had lived and passed away. Are you going to tell me that it is through Jesus (AS) that Adam, Noah, Ibrahiim, Isiaqa, Yqaquub, Yusuf, Musa, Dawud, Yahya to name a few (AS) will go to Paradise instead of Hell. No, even Jesus will go to paradise only by the mercy and forgiviness of the Lord of the Worlds, the Creator. In Arabic, even in the Arabic Bible, He the Lord of the worlds is known as Allah. The Arab Jews, Christians, others and the Muslims call Him Allah. Al in Arabic means 'The' and Illah means "God'. Take Jesus as your God, if you want and ascribe to him the position of his Creator. This will not help you because the real victory is for when a person is forgiven in the day of judgement and enter paradise instead of hell fire. For sure you will hate Hitler to be in Paradise. For sure most Jews will hate to find Hitler in Paradise. Remember the Crusades against the Muslims where the Muslims were killed in wholesale fashion. You must never forget the holocaust against the Jews, it is from the hands of the Christians and please do your research, the enlightments of the world is under the Muslims. Before Muhammad (AS), the Arabs were the worst kind of people and Islam made them rule the world and the present day enlightment of the world, specifically the European enlightenment is under the format of Islam. All form of University Formats, including the graduation ceremony is based on Al-Azah University in Cairo development. This is a Muslim origination. I think you need to read the Qur'an and since you are in London, you can get a free copy from any Islamic establishment. This will do you a world of good. Specifically, you will find the real truth and there is no part of Qur'an if you are a thinking person will be unagreable to your soul. The yardstick of God is not metered by the yardstick of His creations. Only He knows, you hear and obey and ask for forgiveness from Him. Please tell me how Moses, a man who was not eloquent in speech and a fugitive from the law and justice of pharaoh and even Jesus, a man who was born without any legal marriage are chosen to be Prophets and Messengers (AS) of the God of all things. I am sure from your judgement they did not merit this position but God raised them for this purpose exclusively and made their lives very uniquely special. As for Muhammad (AS), you will have to know about him before you make judgement of his impecable character. I am sure as stated again that there is no real man that will not want a beautiful young wife. As you had asked about reward of virgins in heaven and what is the rewards of the woman. First tell me what is the difference between Paradise and Hellfire. I mean the activities in rewards and felicities and in Punishments. Tell me, dont men have a greater sexual appetite higher than women in this world. Is it normal for a woman to have more than one husband at the same time whereas it is acceptable in most societies for men to have more than one wife at the same time. When you know this, then you will begin to see where you may need to correct yourself. Today, the wars that are raging in the world, specifically, in the middle east you will see injustice among mankind. The civil war in Nigeria was under two christians, Gowon and Ojukwu. Yet, I will not blame the Christians nor the Jews. I blame the Muslims who have abandoned islam and enmasse have become hypocriticals. Islam is the only religion that its core structure stands firmly on justice and against all kinds of evil. Unfortunately, the Muslims have abandoned this stance and you see that all over the worlds.
I ask the Lord of the worlds to forgive you and all of mankind and open our hearts to truth. Believing that Jesus (AS) death is enoygh to safe me from the Punishment of his Lord, is just not true.You need to supplicate to the One in authority, The lord of Angels and Spirit and all.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2006
Olabowale the bible says that those who died without the law would be judged without the law so don't worry about yahaya and Daoud.
You have now heard the gospel,what would you do with it,because now you have no excuse.

Another thing,hitler murdered jews but scriptures condemn that act and I do not know any Christian in their right mind that condones such act,we are free to condemn wrong acts perpetrated in the name of Christianity,but you are not.
They would put a fatwah on your head if you condemned the ill treatments in Islam.I'll give you examples if you desire.

Points of correction,the civil war in Nigeria was political not religious,secondly might I let you know that some Nigerians would do a lot of things to obtain monetary favors,not proud to say it but it is the truth.
That the brother of our Imo state governor is now a muslim means absolutely nothing,he was probably seeking contracts from notherners,if they had asked him to dress like a woman,he woud have put on a skirt and blouse in a heart beat.

However,I respect your peaceful coersive ways,keep it up and help to tell your fellow muslims to put down the sword and talk like people of the 21st century rather than go around bombing and slaughtering innocent citizens.

If your religion is the best that ever happened to you,don't sanction the killing of those who choose not to turn to it,criticize or turn from it.
Any god that would sanction killing 'infidels' as you choose to call non muslims is a wicked god,not worth a dime.
If Islam does not cause all this trouble the whole world over we would not be having this conversation.

Buddhist,krishnas and freethinkers abound,I pray they come to the saving grace of our lord,but so far the world is not worried of them because the're not shoving their machetes down our throats.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2006
@ olabowale  grin
Are you going to tell me that it is through Jesus (AS) that  Adam, Noah, Ibrahiim, Isiaqa, Yqaquub, Yusuf, Musa, Dawud, Yahya to name a few (AS) will go to Paradise instead of Hell. No, even Jesus will go to paradise only by the mercy and forgiviness  of the Lord of the Worlds, the Creator

Obviously you are confused! Dont bother with the bible if you dont understand it.

The Arab Jews, Christians, others and the Muslims call Him Allah. Al in Arabic means 'The' and Illah means "God'.
We have never needed to call our GOD, "the God". All through the ages God revealed HIS NAMES to HIS children. He said to Moses,  I AM THAT I AM  hath sent thee. The Jews refered to Him and still do as Jehova or the Messiah. Those of us know Him as Jesus Christ the Lord! The God is obviously manufactured by muslims. We worship a God we know by name not an unknown God, we worship a God whose name has a meaning to those He calls His own.

please do your research, the enlightments of the world is under the Muslims. Before Muhammad (AS), the Arabs were the worst kind of people and Islam made them rule the world and the present day enlightment of the world, specifically the European enlightenment is under the format of Islam. All form of University Formats, including the graduation ceremony is based on Al-Azah University in Cairo development. This is a Muslim  origination. I think you need to read the Qur'an and since you are in London, you can get a free  copy from any Islamic establishment. This will do you a world of good.
Obviously you are in serious delusion. Which European enlightenement came from the Arabs? Virtually all the greatest scientists were either Jewish or European. I am yet to come across an arab or muslim inventor! The most powerful nations in the world today began as christian empires, if you care to do any research please read the history of France, USA, UK, Ireland, even Italy!

Please tell me how Moses, a man who was not eloquent in speech and a fugitive from the law and justice of pharaoh and even Jesus, a man who was born without any legal marriage are chosen to be Prophets and Messengers (AS) of the God of all things. I am sure from your judgement they did not merit this position but God raised them for this purpose exclusively and made their lives very uniquely special.
On the issue of God using men who were not eloquent in speech to be great leaders of His people, i agree with you. On one count i disagree, you are obviously trying to subtly mesh the God's of the quran and the christian faith as one! My dear that is a falacy. Moses, David and other CHRISTIAN men of God have absolutely nothing to do with your quran. Their introduction to the quran was Mohammed's decietful way of trying to blend his false doctrine and christianity so as to make it acceptable. These men of old are christian heroes of faith and not Allah's prophets! These are men who dedicated their lives to faith and righteousness, key ingredients that are missing in islam. they were not expecting 72 virgins and rivers flowing with beer, these men were jewish! They in no way are related to the lineage of ishmeal! Pls stop using christian heroes to legitimise islam! These men have absolutely nothin in common with mohammed!

Tell me, don't men have a greater sexual appetite higher than women in this world. Is it normal for a woman to have more than one husband at the same time whereas it is acceptable in most societies for men to have more than one wife at the same time. When you know this, then you will begin to see where you may need to correct yourself.
Still more confusion! So because men have more sexual appetite than women (a huge falacy BTW) men are now entitled to 72 virgins in your own "paradise"?
In the christian faith, we do not enter paradise as "men", we are changed from corruptible to incorruptible, there is neither marrying nor giving in marriage for we shall be as angels!!!
Where are the MOST SOCIETIES where men marrying more than one wife is accepted besides muslim countries? In case you dont know, polygamy is against the law in developed countries e.g the USA!
Why is your paradise all about men? Are women not accepted there or are they accepted as virgins merely to serve the lust of the men?

I blame the Muslims who have abandoned islam and enmasse have become hypocriticals. Islam is the only religion that its core structure stands firmly on justice and against all kinds of evil. Unfortunately, the Muslims have abandoned this stance and you see that all over the worlds.

I do not blame the muslims, they are only doing what they are commanded to do in their quran. Islam is a spirit, a contrary spirit that is determined to go against God's people.
Islam stands "firmly" on justice? what kind of justice?
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2006
olabowale,

Jesus is my God, he is making me happy, and my only hope in this world. Everybody needs him, you do, all terrorists. I do not for one second blame them, i blame satan but in order to be saved from him you need JESUS.

JESUS, JESUS, JESUS is all i need. My comforter, councellor, the alpha and omega, beginning and the end, emmanuel, jehover Jira. My heart is on fire when i think of him because hes so wonderful.

He still lives on. Because Christians can do miracles through him and he is sitting on the right side of God. 3 in 1.

The fact remains that islam has no spirit behind it, and is destroying many people in our world today.

What harm is being a Christian doing? Ask yourself that. All Christ wants to do is save you!
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by diddy4(m): 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2006
@softee
i think i need to have a lil chat wid you. you on yahoo?
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by LAHLAXZA(m): 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2006
Bravo to the person who created this tread , lets play the childish game of whose religion is better .Grow up shall we. angry
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2006
LAHLAXZA:

Bravo to the person who created this tread , lets play the childish game of whose religion is better .Grow up shall we. angry

Im sorry if this is how it came across to you. Be slow to anger. No this is not about whose belief is better, its about showing that Christ really is the way, the truth and the life.

diddy4:

@softee
i think i need to have a lil chat wid you. you on yahoo?

I'm on MSN.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by diddy4(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2006
aiight, imm@ add u.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by LAHLAXZA(m): 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2006
@ softee

Angry i am not, disaapointed i am. It is okay if you want to promote your religion but not at the expense of others.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2006
You are shown as offline  
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by olabowale(m): 4:18am On Jul 24, 2006
Babyosisi, my response is to you. However let me speak to davidylan. My dear fellow Nigerian, have you heard of the Andalusia and oh the moors in Spain. I have no response any more for you, obviously you do not know a thing about the Arabic language. You will know that even the Arab Christians call the Creator Allah. The same way the call Jesus Isa, because that is Arabic. Further, your tone of speech is very Thuggish and foolish. I will not allow that kind of matter around me.
Yes Babyosisi. you must not forget that Islam is not a norther nigerian religion. I am from Ijebu-Ode and Owo both from the Yoruba enclave. Yet, Islam is traced to several generations in both of these places. For a long time there was no a single Christian in my bloodline. The Ibo gentleman I used as an example does his business in Iboland. He did not need anything from the northerners, after all his brother is the governor of Imo state, yet he never curry favor from his nrother. I know because of my business dealing with him. Many other Ibo have become Muslims here in America. Further there are villages and towns, as I have heard from Ibo friends, though they themselves are Christians, those places in Iboland do not have a single family. What is so funny is that the Christians enmasse will not bother an idol worshipper, like Onishango, but will have to preach to the muslims. The one person who have defended Jesus (AS) and his mother is Muhammad (AS) and his followers continue to remain steadfast to that praising and elevating of these noble people. Oh, you wait and we Muslims will wait patiently along with you and God the Almighty Allah will make His Judgement; altimately in the day of Judgement. There will people who will be herded like cattles to Hellfire. I ask the Merciful to protect me and my loved ones and those who love me from the trial of that day. Those who receive the mercy of the Lord will be rewarded by admission to Paradise. The Lord of the worlds has confirmed that there will not be intersession except those that intersession have been granted. I ask that the lofty position that the Almighty have promised Muhammad and the benefit of it covers me and all Muslims, male and females. By the way the greatness of a nation is not based on religion. China, Japan and Russia are not Christian countries, yet today are nations with great standings. I will not forget india in this stance. A nation is great based on the commitments of its people. Nigerian Christians and all the African Christians are more committed in their religion that the European and American Christians. Yet African nations remain lagging behind. For your information there are a lot of Muslim notables and Inventors. Algebra and the concept of Zero are all from Muslims. The first attempt to fly is not from the Wright brothers in South Carolina in the USA, but from Muslims. The Printing Press, gunpowder and many others are from the Muslims. Any way you keep your religion if you are satisfy with it, good for you. You will find out starting from when death occurs. However while life still exist, one can receive mercy, but one will have to seek it diligently with humility from God.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 24, 2006
@ olabowale

However let me speak to davidylan. My dear fellow Nigerian, have you heard of the Andalusia and oh the moors in Spain. I have no response any more for you, obviously you do not know a thing about the Arabic language. You will know that even the Arab Christians call the Creator Allah. The same way the call Jesus Isa, because that is Arabic. Further, your tone of speech is very Thuggish and foolish. I will not allow that kind of matter around me.

I'm sorry my speech sounds "thuggish foolish" to you but unfortunately that's the best i have for those who deliberately choose to glorify falsehood and wallow in utter ignorance.

What is so funny is that the Christians enmasse will not bother an idol worshipper, like Onishango, but will have to preach to the muslims.

I cant remember an onishango hiding in one cave and promising death to millions of innocent pple all over the world. They are not saved but at least they keep the unpleasant parts of their religion to themselves. When ever you see an onishango terrorist, plane hijackers and suicide bombers pls let me know and i will change my mind about them.

The one person who have defended Jesus (AS) and his mother is Muhammad (AS) and his followers continue to remain steadfast to that praising and elevating of these noble people.
1. Jesus Christ does not need the help of ANY MAN let alone a pedophile to "defend" HIM. My bible tells me that the "battle belongs to the Lord"! "Behold, vengeance is mine, saith the Lord!" In what sense does mohammed defend Jesus? Did Jesus ever require anyone to defend Him? Despite so much persecution, the bible remains the number 1 book read the world over and Jesus Christ is still the most important "personality" of all time despite having ascended to heaven 2000 yrs ago.
2. Stop pandering to christian faith by calling Jesus Christ and the prophet noble people. It's a wasted excercise as long as you are not saved! Jesus Christ is GOD not just a noble man! And by what yardstick do you rate "noble men"?

The Lord of the worlds has confirmed that there will not be intersession except those that intersession have been granted. I ask that the lofty position that the Almighty have promised Muhammad and the benefit of it covers me and all Muslims, male and females.

Pure daydreaming and its wonderful to see that even muslims can get caught in a false flight of fancy. In case you are not aware, Jesus Christ mentioned the coming of the "Lord of the worlds" - , the PRINCE OF THIS WORLD COMETH AND HAS NO PART IN ME!

You will find out starting from when death occurs. However while life still exist, one can receive mercy, but one will have to seek it diligently with humility from God.
1. where did muslims get the concept of life after death from?
2. Mercy? Is that a concept in Islam? Or is it another one of your attempts to polish the quran by importing biblical concepts?
3. Seek what diligently? After his "noble" life, even prophet mohammed had no idea if he would go to "paradise" or not, how much more a "mere mortal"?

Oh, you wait and we Muslims will wait patiently along with you and God the Almighty Allah will make His Judgement; altimately in the day of Judgement. There will people who will be herded like cattles to Hellfire. I ask the Merciful to protect me and my loved ones and those who love me from the trial of that day. Those who receive the mercy of the Lord will be rewarded by admission to Paradise.
1. And what are the criteria for receiving the "mercy" of Allah? Suicide bombing? Terrorist activites or pious/moral living? Do muslims even know whether they will be in heaven or not?
2. Since when did muslims start believing in hell fire? Who are those going there? What qualifies them for hell?
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by mukina2: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2006
christianity the only[b] faith[/b] that is alive

woooo softie keep creating em threads grin grin grin grin

cuz some are sooo damn hilarious
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by m4malik(m): 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2006
@mukina2,

Please try and consider these questions and see if you could provide some answers to them:

1. why does Islam teach that people who convert to other religions from Muhammad's religion must be killed?

2. why did Muhammad and his companions seize women as captives in war (booties) commit fornication by having sex
with them (such that his companions boasted of engaging in coitus interruptus)?

3. why did Muhammad hate Christians and Jews so much that his followers today have the same hatred for them and
want to see Israel annihilated?

4. why did Muhammad have such a violent career (in contrast to Jesus who even said that Christians should love their
enemies and pray for them)?

5. If Muhammad was truely sent from the same God as is found in the Bible, why was he different and almost the opposite
in his life and deeds in contrast to what Jesus Christ did and how He lived?
A few examples -

@ Jesus taught to love and pray for those who despise believers and regard them as enemies
Muhammad taught hatred and murder of those he perceived as his enemies or dared question him

@ Jesus taught that marriage is between one man and one woman and warned against adultery and lust
Muhammad received "revelation" to lust after his maternal and paternal cousins and as many women as he wanted

@ Jesus taught love, forgiveness and compassion for those who err so that they could be given a second chance
Muhammad had no second chance for those who erred but commanded them to be put to death

@ Jesus was holy and without sin, and He disavowed it in any form, while offering to deliver sinners who trusted in Him
Muhammad was conscious of his sins everyday so that he confessed repenting over seventy times a day, while at the
same time not being able to deliver anyone from the power of sinful living

. . . etc.

If Muslims truely believe Muhammad's claim to be true that it was the same "Allah" that sent down the Law of Moses and the Gospel of Jesus, then why was Muhammad's life so sinful and different from the righteous lifestyles that the Biblical prophets proclaimed? How could the same God be speaking two different things in the Qur'an and the Bible - permitting unbridled sexual misconduct in the former and condemning it in the latter? These are not hilarious matters; rather, they are of very deep concern as far as man's eternal destiny is concerned.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2006
@ Murkina2, Laugh it up because its quite funny that not one muslim could answer the question. Where is the spirit behind islam?
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by mukina2: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2006
@m4malik pls bring out the facts get me the direct places in the Quran where this ur claims exist then i'll get back to you.

@softie its mukina2 not murkina2 you want to know the spirit behind Islam find a translation Quran and study it well
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2006
@ Mukina2 or whatever your name is nahhhh im not buying that, you as a muslim is quick to fight back but when it comes to something you can't answer you tell me to study the Quran. Just admit islam has no spirit behind it, if not, tell me where the spirit is?
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by Softee(f): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2006
Just for the matter, i have actually studied the Quran anyways. Studying the Quran does not tell me what muslims of today can do through Allah/Mohammed.
Re: Christianity Is The Only Faith That Is Alive. Where Is The Spirit Behind Islam? by m4malik(m): 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2006
@mukina2,

Is it that you don't know that those things exist as Islamic tenets or you're categorically denying that they do?

(1) (2)

Could Oprah Winfrey Be The Sign Of The Coming Of The Anti-Christ? / Shocked! What Richard Dawkings Cannot Do A Woman Polly Toynbee Can Do. Shocked / Shocker : Creflo Dollar says ."Watch what you say about me".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.