Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Quotes On Writing From Some Of The Greats... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Quotes On Writing From Some Of The Greats... (562 Views)

[b]tips On Writing From Ernest Hemingway[/b] / Quotes On Love (a Must Real For All) / Camouflage: The Best Of Contemporary Writing From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quotes On Writing From Some Of The Greats... by TRWConsult(m): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
“It has never been easy for me to understand why people work so hard to create something
beautiful, but then refuse to share it with anyone, for fear of criticism.” — Elizabeth Gilbert

“Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.”
- Leonardo da Vinci

“A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word to
paper.” - E. B. White

“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.”
- William Wordsworth

“Writing is the only thing that when I do it, I don’t feel I should be doing something else.”
- Gloria Steinem

“If you read good books, when you write, good books will come out of you.” – Natalie Goldberg

“It’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way.”
– Ernest Hemingway

“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.”
– Stephen King

“The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the
heart.” – Maya Angelou

“Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.”
― Robert Frost

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Signer's Kitchen *****STORM THE DEATH YARD***** / Someone Is Watching (¤ ¤) / Rufus Giwa As The Best Polytecnic In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.