Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

On FIFA Ban And Government Interference - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / On FIFA Ban And Government Interference (820 Views)

Ratings: Top 20 Nigerian Players On FIFA 16 / Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by safarigirl(f): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Yesterday, Nigerians were treated to the inevitable news that the country had been suspended from all international football activities until the removed NFF was re-instated.

This move came as a result of what is termed 'Government Interference' in the NFF which goes against FIFA's constitution. The NFF was accused of stealing from the Government and so a court order was given for their arrests.

Now FIFA says the NFF board must be re-instated and government interference halted before Nigeria can be part of the International Football body again, but certain aspects of their rules are highly flawed and I wish to tackle them here.

The first flaw is that government interference cannot be ruled out from the NFF because it is the GOVERNMENT that PAYS the NFF. He who pays the piper, dictates the tune. I can't be paying someone's salary only to be told that in a situation where I feel cheated and blindsided, I have no powers to do anything about this.

If FIFA want to totally halt government interference they can start by paying members of the football bodies themselves and funding these associations. No sane person would invest money blindly, I can't be pouring money into an investment and be short-changed.

If FIFA think they're big enough to have rules that supercede those of the government of a sovereign country then they ought to do as the Vatican does and pay their employees from their own pockets.

As long as NFF remain within the entity of the country called Nigeria, the grundnorm remains the laws of Nigeria, no foreign body has any laws whatsoever that should supercede that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The only reason FIFA is blowing hot air is because they're just as corrupt as the NFF anyway, for all we know they're in cahoots with them to loot this country blind in the name of football administration.

If the Nigerian government feels shortchanged by the NFF, it behoves on them to investigate the anomally and do what is necessary in order to protect tax payers' money. We cannot be suffering in this country and rather than using our money to develop our country, we're wasting it on a few greedy people.

If FIFA expects us all to go mad because of football, it would do them good to know that certain people in this country have not lost their minds just yet.

5 Likes

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 10, 2014
You couldn't have said it any better
Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by slimthugchimee(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by Afam4eva(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Safarigirl, pls come and work for my TV channel. You are very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Afam4eva: Safarigirl, pls come and work for my TV channel. You are very intelligent.
Na Mauritian TV be dat?

1 Like

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by johnwizey: 7:33am On Jul 10, 2014
Oh its safarigirl........I expected nothing less. FIFA is just as corrupt as NFF, who cares if you ban us for a long time like seun does? In as much as its not affecting me, den you can go ahead.

1 Like

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by GentleMimi: 7:35am On Jul 10, 2014
Well said! Thank you!
On the thread abt the ban yesterday,i read so many silly comments from fellow Nigerians who do not know their left from their right.
We think that being black makes our knowledge second class,while that of the whites are superior. Talk of inferiority complex. Many applauded the move by the FIFA body.
I'm not too versatile in football news and affairs,but one thing i know is that once the Government of Nigeria decides to remove interest or attention from NFF,football in Naija is as good as dead.
Was it not the same eagles who said they will boycott training if a certain ''fee'' was not paid? And money had to get sent to them ASAP? Where do they hope to get such funds from? The air?

2 Likes

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2014
Am i the only one that thinks FIFA collaborated with the ousted NFF board and some of the bad eggs in the SE in match fixing? Keshi inclusive!

Again, my opinion

1 Like

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by Dhelake: 7:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Nice Piece.
When the Govt Transported millions of dollars to Brazil to pay the players, FIFA did absolutely nothing about it, all they had to say was they could have wired it instead of transporting raw cash.
Is the Govt paying players bonus not interference?? I just don't understand.
All in All, I see the suspension lifted, we've been through this so so many times, we are pros in navigating through, Happened in 2006,2010 and 2014 , We would escape as usual, FIFA is not so upright for us not to find our way through

2 Likes

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 10, 2014
I think Fifa wants to control the world behind curtains. They cherish the fact that whole planet loves football. And using this, they've been milking Money and Power since God knows when.

NFF belongs to Nigeria, Nigeria pays NFF - thus NFF should bow to the Nigerian goverment not FIFA.

Without ‘each’ country's ‘governmental interference’ in sponsoring their Football association respectively, FIFA will crumble.

It's like blocking the streams leading to the river - the river will dry up.

That's what they want to avoid and protect.

1 Like

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by safarigirl(f): 8:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Afam4eva: Safarigirl, pls come and work for my TV channel. You are very intelligent.
thankus, but my services are limited to the likes of CNN, Aljazeera, BBC, SkyNews, CCTV, News24....then again, what is the pay like? grin

1 Like

Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by Afam4eva(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2014
safarigirl: thankus, but my services are limited to the likes of CNN, Aljazeera, BBC, SkyNews, CCTV, News24....then again, what is the pay like? grin
Lol grin The likes of CNN started from somewhere.
Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by safarigirl(f): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2014
Afam4eva:
Lol grin The likes of CNN started from somewhere.
daz why I asked for what the pay is like...my school is on strike, I no get work, I'm broke so I'll write for 3k or more grin
Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
safarigirl: daz why I asked for what the pay is like...my school is on strike, I no get work, I'm broke so I'll write for 3k or more grin
I thought ASUU had suspended d strike?
Re: On FIFA Ban And Government Interference by safarigirl(f): 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
CFCfan:
I thought ASUU had suspended d strike?
uniabuja na special school. It's an internal strike. The school has been closed down since early last month

(1) (Reply)

A / A Great Way To Generate All The Motivation You Need To Get Fit (PEDOMETER) / Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.