Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:43 PM

FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers (13976 Views)

About 8.75 Million Vehicles Plying Nigerian Roads Are Without Genuine Papers..fr / Customs Men Who Impound Cleared Vehicles On The Road / CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by webaplanet(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2014
Vehicle owners who approach the Federal Road Safety Corps for registration without genuine clearance documents from the Nigeria Customs Service will, henceforth, have such vehicles impounded.

President Goodluck Jonathan handed down the directive to the FRSC during the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.

The Corps Marshal, FRSC, Mr. Osita Chidoka, attended the session to brief the FEC members on the country’s status on the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety (2011-2020).

He later joined the Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, to brief State House correspondents after the meeting.

Chidoka said the directive from the President would eliminate the era of fraudulent Customs papers being tendered by motorists seeking to register their vehicles in the country.

He said, “Initially, our plan was that when we see you, we ask you to go back to the Customs. But with the feedback from Mr. President today, that is not enough. We need to hold that car and investigate how it entered into the country without going through the normal process.

“So we will modify the process to include the Customs in that process.”

He said his organisation would continue to work hard to make Nigerian roads among the 20 safest in the world by 2020 in terms of accidents.

Chidoka also assured Nigerians that the delay being witnessed in getting the new driver’s licence would soon become a thing of the past.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/frsc-to-impound-vehicles-without-genuine-customs-papers/
more: http://tony kempis.com/?p=2444

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 10, 2014
undecidedthis news sounds somehow "To impound"
What have they being doing before

6 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by eyeview: 8:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Please let's be properly informed. They are to verify that the proper import papers are available before the registration of the car and plate number,they are not to stop already registered cars on the road to ask for import papers, that will be illegal.
So let's all take note so that some over zealous and ignorant FRSC staff doesn't 'chop you mugu'.

32 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by chucky234(m): 8:52am On Jul 10, 2014
Who give a fvck about FRSC.

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by TCD: 9:32am On Jul 10, 2014
Another way for FRSC officials to extort money

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by onyxo76(m): 10:11am On Jul 10, 2014
does this mean that already registered cars with plate numbers are exempted? So must i start carrying my custom papers for my car bought 6 yrs ago? FRSC as their usual practice will exploit the situation by stopping every car in sight so they should be please specific in conveying their message.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by 9jahubcom(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
how will it affect me.....#flight tinz

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
I was first to comment in a similar thread. Moderators why didn't you inform me that I should switch lane.

I made a lot of sense in dat thread ohhh cuz of likes.

@OP Custom job is better than FRSC cheesy

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
FRSC just keeps coming up with things they can use to make money.

Let them start impounding cars that should not be on the road or in terrible conditions.

If you must own a car, at least put it in order.

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
Smart Move. cheesy
A more improvise method to collect chicken change! No dulling. Fear Naija Brain - Fear God. grin
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Miscellaneous(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
story story
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Busuyib(f): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
Gud
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Brymo: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Issokay.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by tsiriman(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Please what does this really mean, does it mean that FRSC can just stop vehicles on the way and ask for custom papers or it applies to just newly registered cars.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
eyeview: Please let's be properly informed. They are to verify that the proper import papers are available before the registration of the car and plate number,they are not to stop already registered cars on the road to ask for import papers, that will be illegal.
So let's all take note so that some over zealous and ignorant FRSC staff doesn't 'chop you mugu'.
Funny enough, this is what they will all want to do and off people's ignorance.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by angela98(f): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
Another law to intimidate struggling citizens..carry on...I bet by the time you finished impounding, na only few moto go remain for Ibadan. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by brainpulse: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Jonathan just want all ways to rake in money by force from the new increase in custom duty on car importation. This guy is so mean and desperate.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by strangest(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
eyeview: Please let's be properly informed. They are to verify that the proper import papers are available before the registration of the car and plate number,they are not to stop already registered cars on the road to ask for import papers, that will be illegal.

continue consoling yourself... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Btruth: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Why should FRSC be doing Custom duties? It means nothing really works in this country, hence, the road safety agents who are meant for caution to roads users will now be after the import duties documents.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by wellmax(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Wahala dey
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Firefire(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
Congrat FRSC... You make useless move sometime
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by faithfuldon7(m): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
I went 2 Aba in january and I saw a guy that gave me the new plate number customised with my name on it for 20k with no genuine papers 4 it and I ve been using it since. I have visited d state house wit it several time and even when d FRSC sees it they alway throw salute 4 me & let me pass.

What am saying in nutshell is that if u use a very big & expensive car nobody will ask u 4 papers but if u use anyhow car then they can ask 2 even do frog jump

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by 3nairalandcom: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
This is not a good law.It is tantamount to go home by home how does one get his electronics, even my sisters Chinese phone.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
grin grin grin grin good one

(I no even read the article, na to just enter first page)
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by GenWOJUOLA(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2014
What has Road Safety got to do with genuine papers? Isnt that meant for d police/customs?? Dem dey find where to chop moni... Dahs all!
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
Na today! We go see na.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Dee60: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
There they go again. What constitues 'correct Customs paper' they wont say. Now, VON, FRSC, NP etc will double their efforts to make life miserable for car owners and drivers.

Vampires in power!

Our version of democracy seems to be that of making life so hard for citizens. Like NIS like FRSC!

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by tempem: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
A very nice move. Making a Law isn't the problem, but Adhering to it, is the point in making such law. Hope that won't create a means where FRSC will turn to the popularly known "#20" men! who have migrated into demanding for a higher pay.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by gen2briz(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
K
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Jostico: 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
i don finish....make una tell them make them stop ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Car Insurance In Nigeria -honda Civic 1.8 Brand New / Instock Tokunbo 2003, 2004, 2005 Honda Accord (eod) Full Options* Check It Out! / SOLD!SOLD!!SOLD!!! Sharp Clean Ford Escape 2005 Model Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.