Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers (13980 Views)

About 8.75 Million Vehicles Plying Nigerian Roads Are Without Genuine Papers..fr / Customs Men Who Impound Cleared Vehicles On The Road / CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by fm7070: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
Jona! Jona!! Jonaaaa!!
How many time I call you?
You for postpone this hardship beyond 2015,
this one go cause gbege for you oooooooooo
They increased import duty of vehicles to 70%
Now, the are enforcing it mercilessly
Police and their cohort have found a new way to increase their daily contribution
The locally manufactured cars are not meant for poor masses
Is there anyone we can buy for 500k??
This people just hate average earner.
Anyway, we go survive.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
grin
faithfuldon7: I went 2 Aba in january and I saw ... but if u use anyhow car then they can ask 2 even do frog jump
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
Now customs and FRSC go show people pepper cry
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by tempem: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
eyeview: Please let's be properly informed. They are to verify that the proper import papers are available before the registration of the car and plate number,they are not to stop already registered cars on the road to ask for import papers, that will be illegal.
So let's all take note so that some over zealous and ignorant FRSC staff doesn't 'chop you mugu'.
Thanx, I love the move by the federal Govt.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by stagger: 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
In Lag, you cannot register a car without the custom documents. So I don't see what is the issue there.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
U are too young 4 dis rank, besides my papers are complete
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by InvertedHammer: 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
/
Who takes his/her car(s) to FRSC for registration?

\

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by gbishman: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
FRSC, if i may ask how is that your mandate. I f such cars are found it should be reported to the appropriate authorities which in this case shhould be the customers agency.
FRSC you have lots of work on your hands adding this to your port folio would just be truncating issues.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by pawesome(m): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
una go impound cars tire b dt na
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by fm7070: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
this is an evidence of a confused government
although this report is unconfirmed.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by begwong: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
Is it the chidoka the minister of aviation,former frsc boss
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by begwong: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
aaa400: Call for sugarmamas on 080515741547
connect me with your mama only!

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
one thing is clear here; many of us uses cars without genuine custom duty papers.
there is nothing wrong in this directive( not law) as long as already registered cars are exampted.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by myspnigeria: 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
good one
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by ojesamtolu: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
Another chop chop way.... Abeg just know ur right...!
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by extension: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
Are they customs official? So what is the work of customs officers? Another duplication of duties .
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
As per vehicles without original custom duty, can you impound paper? No mumu will cary his car to rd safety for registration.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by iswallker(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
InvertedHammer: /
Who takes his/her car(s) to FRSC for registration?

\

My brother..I wonder o...
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Fellonigerians: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
webaplanet: Vehicle owners who approach the Federal Road Safety Corps for registration without genuine clearance documents from the Nigeria Customs Service will, henceforth, have such vehicles impounded.

President Goodluck Jonathan handed down the directive to the FRSC during the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.

The Corps Marshal, FRSC, Mr. Osita Chidoka, attended the session to brief the FEC members on the country’s status on the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety (2011-2020).

He later joined the Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, to brief State House correspondents after the meeting.

Chidoka said the directive from the President would eliminate the era of fraudulent Customs papers being tendered by motorists seeking to register their vehicles in the country.

He said, “Initially, our plan was that when we see you, we ask you to go back to the Customs. But with the feedback from Mr. President today, that is not enough. We need to hold that car and investigate how it entered into the country without going through the normal process.

“So we will modify the process to include the Customs in that process.”

He said his organisation would continue to work hard to make Nigerian roads among the 20 safest in the world by 2020 in terms of accidents.

Chidoka also assured Nigerians that the delay being witnessed in getting the new driver’s licence would soon become a thing of the past.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/frsc-to-impound-vehicles-without-genuine-customs-papers/
more: http://tony kempis.com/?p=2444

FRSC should just refuse to register the car... Not their business to investigate anything as i dont believe they have such investigative powers... A Nigerian outfit overstepping their boundaries...

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by neighbourhud: 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
onyxo76: does this mean that already registered cars with plate numbers are exempted? So must i start carrying my custom papers for my car bought 6 yrs ago? FRSC as their usual practice will exploit the situation by stopping every car in sight so they should be please specific in conveying their message.
Read the news again please undecided
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by omenka(m): 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
Apparently they are still very angry about the botched ponzy scheme they hatched initially to extort nigerians, insisting that they bought new licence plates when they couldn't tell us what exactly was wrong with the old ones! Realy comend our courts for stoping that fraud! Now they wanna come through the back door to extort us using this flimsy excercise. How on earth does "valid papers" guarantee "safety of lives" of motorists Does such not fall within the jurisdiction of the police Road safety corps is fast becoming another sham organization in this country!

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by obeski13(m): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
Am sure such a policy wont stand d test of time.it would be challenged in court..gej goofed on dis..what i expected gej to do is to direct frsc to check overspèeding by installing machines that monitors speed on our highway,and also to deploy d use of breathlysers to check alcohol and drug intake of motorists.i dont know d kind of safety they are doing on d road witout dis 2 equipments..
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by eherbal(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
faithfuldon7: I went 2 Aba in january and I saw a guy that gave me the new plate number customised with my name on it for 20k with no genuine papers 4 it and I ve been using it since. I have visited d state house wit it several time and even when d FRSC sees it they alway throw salute 4 me & let me pass.

What am saying in nutshell is that if u use a very big & expensive car nobody will ask u 4 papers but if u use anyhow car then they can ask 2 even do frog jump
Muumuu. Clap for yaself. Firstly you have given yourself away as a criminal and secondly as a boastful lowlife. I wager my left testicle, that you're a driver,as was your diddy before you. Rubbish show off angry angry angry
Empty barrel undecided
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Gabygaby: 1:49am On Jul 11, 2014
tsiriman: Please what does this really mean, does it mean that FRSC can just stop vehicles on the way and ask for custom papers or it applies to just newly registered cars.
When you read an article try and re-read it again if you didn't understand the english sentence there. THE ARTICLE SAID ( THOSE WHO ARE APPROACHING FRSC FOR REGISTRATION NOT THOSE WHO HAVE REGISTERED) so take correction pls.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by faithfuldon7(m): 5:56am On Jul 11, 2014
eherbal:
Muumuu. Clap for yaself. Firstly you have given yourself away as a criminal and secondly as a boastful lowlife. I wager my left testicle, that you're a driver,as was your diddy before you. Rubbish show off angry angry angry
Empty barrel undecided

When u grow up seeing ur parents insult each other then u take after them without regards for others. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by harffie(m): 6:27am On Jul 11, 2014
Gabygaby: When you read an article try and re-read it again if you didn't understand the english sentence there. THE ARTICLE SAID ( THOSE WHO ARE APPROACHING FRSC FOR REGISTRATION NOT THOSE WHO HAVE REGISTERED) so take correction pls.
hehe part of the problems we having in Nigeria.....the dude didn't understand the article....smh! Probably he has fake papers! Lol
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by eherbal(m): 7:34am On Jul 11, 2014
faithfuldon7:

When u grow up seeing ur parents insult each other then u take after them without regards for others. I rest my case
You're a fake!Simple.Coming on a public forum spewing rubbish from your rabbid mouth.You don't know me or my parents, but I think I have a fair idea of the kind of upbringing and and orientation conditioned to your life from childhood.
I've met some very wealthy Nairalanders offline ,and I can tell you their level of humility is enough lesson for bigots like you. If you mention my parents again, I'll gladly take you to the cleaners. Criminal! Fake document,oluwole patron.

Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by akpanikpe(m): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
blink182: Funny enough, this is what they will all want to do and off people's ignorance.
Even more funny enough dey have started dat already, jst a day after it was announce yesterday was driving from seme to badagry on the bagry-lagos express road they mounted a checkpiont jst oppsite thire office and are stoping vehicles asking of custom paper.
Re: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Without Genuine Customs Papers by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
akpanikpe:
Even more funny enough dey have started dat already, jst a day after it was announce yesterday was driving from seme to badagry on the bagry-lagos express road they mounted a checkpiont jst oppsite thire office and are stoping vehicles asking of custom paper.
lol daily hustle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Car Insurance In Nigeria -honda Civic 1.8 Brand New / Affordable Tokunbo Cars /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.