Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Hell Is No Joke - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is No Joke (3549 Views)

No Joke: I Ate Moin Moin With Group Of People In My Sleep / Hell Is Real! / Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Is No Joke by Mescopaul(m): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2014
BraveGuy , ayodele123 , Thank u pals, once i thought all Nlers were atheists. We jst pray dat God open their eyes b4 its too late. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Hell Is No Joke by BraveGuy: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
Weah96:
A choice between submission and death is not really a choice.
Really? Who said? You or the individual?

Ever heard of WILLFUL submission before? Let me help you, it is NOT forced submission as is popularized by Muslims in Jihad; In fact, submission may not be a good way of describing the act of willful surrender, it is more of an acknowledgement of supremacy. And the beauty that defies logic in the act is that the Supreme Being, God Almighty, takes that person not as a servant but as a friend.

Perhaps, in a most simplistic way, it is like a wealthy huge muscular man befriending a poor little boy. The man calls the little boy his friend and so does the boy, but that does not mean that the boy would not know his limitations and show respect to his friend.

Weah96: How long do you think you can survive in heaven, before turning on your evil master for roasting members of your own family? 100 years? 2 million years? Or one trillion years?

You seem to have a completely lopsided of the destination of Christians. The old Heaven and Earth will be done away with and a New Kingdom of God will emerge, so there will be a new Heaven and Earth again, Paradise.

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, and those who make use of evil powers, those who make themselves unclean, and the takers of life, and those who give worship to images, and everyone whose delight is in what is false." (Revelation 22:14-15)

Weah96: Remember all you're doing is bowing and kneeling, there's no sex, no secular music, no TV, just worship.
Again, you've missed it by an extremely long shot!
We would just be starting to really exercise the brain God has given us to explore the Universe, why do you think God created the expanse of the universe? It's for exploration! Man would be better equipped to explore God's expanse! It's going to be exciting! In 2million years? We would still be having fun!

Do me a favour, read Revelation 21 to catch a glimpse!
Re: Hell Is No Joke by BraveGuy: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
Did you guys know that the first civilization possessed advanced knowledge in comparison to what we think we have today? One man could build a city in that old world!

Genesis 4:17 tells us, "And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch."

CAIN BUILT A CITY!

That was not a typo, he had the prowess and the ability to do it and he did!

See these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua1kqAPeIVU
and part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1OufLYhMw

There is a lot of information that you don't have access to.
Re: Hell Is No Joke by Weah96: 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
BraveGuy:
Ever heard of WILLFUL submission before? Let me help you, it is NOT forced submission as is popularized by Muslims in Jihad; In fact, submission may not be a good way of describing the act of willful surrender, it is more of an acknowledgement of supremacy. And the beauty that defies logic in the act is that the Supreme Being, God Almighty, takes that person not as a servant but as a friend.
Perhaps, in a most simplistic way, it is like a wealthy huge muscular man befriending a poor little boy. The man calls the little boy his friend and so does the boy, but that does not mean that the boy would not know his limitations and show respect to his friend.

Ok, let's call it mandatory friendship. Does that make sense to you? How can someone who wants to be your friend also promise to torture you if you refuse? With "friends" like that, who needs enemies? Hahaha.
Re: Hell Is No Joke by BraveGuy: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
Weah96:

Ok, let's called it mandatory friendship. Does that make sense to you? How can someone who wants to be your friend also promise to torture you if you refuse? With "friends" like that, who needs enemies? Hahaha.

No, it's deeper than that.

You see, I am a little happy that you believe there is a God, it's just that you don't know Him. What if this God, as the Supreme being, issues a command/order for you by which you should abide, would you dare query or rebel that command? I mean we are talking of the Creator of the Universe. But He also says, if you rebel against His order you would be severely punished. No you won't. However, He leaves the choice of decision to you, setting a time limit.

Now extend that, then you voluntarily obey the command (either by fear or cheerful acceptance), then if that Creator hears of your decision and throws a party for you and at the party He comes to whisper in your ears, "I would like to be your friend." This time He doesn't threat, but says the offer is yours if you so wish. And He starts paying you a regular state visit. Would you not be won over? Be honest.
Re: Hell Is No Joke by Weah96: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
BraveGuy:

Now extend that, then you voluntarily obey the command (either by fear or cheerful acceptance), then if that Creator hears of your decision and throws a party for you and at the party He comes to whisper in your ears, "I would like to be your friend." This time He doesn't threat, but says the offer is yours if you so wish. And He starts paying you a regular state visit. Would you not be won over? Be honest.

Even YOU wouldn't BE convinced of his friendship. Especially if he's a mind reader AND a clairvoyant. The entire arrangement will be one giant heap of AWKWARDNESS. I wouldn't know whether to keep begging for my life or flee. But at no point would I consider our arrangement a friendship. However, if there was any shred of truth to the claims made in the Bible, I would be forced to accept the terms of the prevailing dictator and would do everything in my power to keep from being roasted. Fortunately, I don't have to go through any of that. I've made some thorough inquiries and my conclusion is that the authors of the bible were high on a common entheogen. Maybe one that grows in that area.
Re: Hell Is No Joke by Mescopaul(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hmm, how foolish and slow in thoughts man can be.
Man most times behave like animals esp goats.
You try to show them the right and danger - free way they are to take, but they willingly choose to fall prey to the horrors of their stubborness simply becos of PRIDE!

Lucifer fell as a result of it. He choose to fight against the Most high even when he knew he will be the looser.

While some wise humans all over are craving to serve this God who loved us without measure, some others who know less to nothing are busy trying to fight and remain stubborn to the love of Christ.

PRIDE indeed is a KILLER.
Re: Hell Is No Joke by BraveGuy: 1:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Weah96:

Even YOU wouldn't BE convinced of his friendship. Especially if he's a mind reader AND a clairvoyant. The entire arrangement will be one giant heap of AWKWARDNESS. I wouldn't know whether to keep begging for my life or flee. But at no point would I consider our arrangement a friendship. However, if there was any shred of truth to the claims made in the Bible, I would be forced to accept the terms of the prevailing dictator and would do everything in my power to keep from being roasted. Fortunately, I don't have to go through any of that. I've made some thorough inquiries and my conclusion is that the authors of the bible were high on a common entheogen. Maybe one that grows in that area.

Well, how certain can you be? Personally, I am more than convinced that the friendship is genuine, beautiful and enduring.

You certainly come across as someone with a lot of distrust, possibly that is as a result of some personal trauma. If you can't trust yourself or people you can see it will be quite difficult to trust the One you can't see.

I find your comment regarding the authors of the Bible ill-informed, disrespectful and distasteful. It is a cheap shot and you know it. The Bible, which is a compendium of 66 books agree together as one; written by over 40 authors using 3 different languages, living on 3 continents and over a span of 1500 years. It is UNIFIED in that all describe the same aspects of the essence, expectations, and revelations. What am I trying to say here? There are other places in the Bible where so-called pericopes are explicitly expressed, confirming the areas of pericopes to be just as true.

You need to rethink your beliefs about the Bible.
Re: Hell Is No Joke by submit: 12:41am On Jul 22, 2014
Weah..its a waste.
These guys are on an opposite side of a parallelogram; ideas can never merge.

I wish a jehovah witness is here to argue with them about "hell", then you see the ambiguity, discord and non-concordance in the trash they believe in.

What I know is facts don't lie
Re: Hell Is No Joke by Mescopaul(m): 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
submit: Weah..its a waste.
These guys are on an opposite side of a parallelogram; ideas can never merge.

I wish a jehovah witness is here to argue with them about "hell", then you see the ambiguity, discord and non-concordance in the trash they believe in.

What I know is facts don't lie
What facts bro?
Re: Hell Is No Joke by submit: 12:40am On Jul 23, 2014
It seems you have nothing doing other than arguing on nairaland abi.
Sorry, knowledge and deep reasoning is your friend spiced with a clear mind out of fear(@lst ur god gave u freewill)

You quote me again, I won't reply. There are better things to do outside making noise about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Left Islam [my Story] / Favorite Atheists And Theists On Nairaland / This Prayer Shall Be Answered Instantly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.