Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job (2036 Views)

My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / Questions A Job Seeker Shouldn't Ask In An Interview. / How To Ace Telephone Interview And Assessment Center During Job Interview In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by achmed1(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2014
No matter what all the advice and books say, and no matter how well prepared you are , sometimes in the moment you blurt something out and you immediately know that you were not supposed to say that. But even so, you still got the offer.
Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by achmed1(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by achmed1(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by achmed1(m): 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by sydsam: 6:42am On May 23, 2015
Hello achmed1,
I know this is not the right thread to post this, sorry for that<.
I really need prep questions from assessmentday.co.uk website to prepare for an aptitude test next week. I am not financially buoyant enough to get the paid bundle.
If you still have the prep questions and answers bundle, please kindly send them to my email: sydsam2004@yahoo.com

Thanks for helping someone in need!
God bless.

P.S I will delete this request message immediately I receive the questions to avoid this thread turning into a "pls this is email" thread.
Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by Icon4s(m): 6:18am On May 24, 2015
Interviewer: Y do want to leave ur current company?

Me: I need a better pay lipsrsealed

Though i further explained also that I need higher career challenges and more opportunity to grow in the industry.

One of the interviewers now told me if i had given that my first answer of "better salary" in another panel they would have thrown me out.

Quickly i started telling them that bc i am poorly paid i cannot even save money to further my studies, i cannot enrol for professional certifications also.

They finally noded their head and asked otther questions.

Pheeww.

Tara...! I got the job!

2 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by sholay2011(m): 7:42pm On May 24, 2015
Should be an interesting thread. ..
Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by onegig(m): 9:25pm On May 24, 2015
sholay2011:
Should be an interesting thread. ..
This might not be that crazy. I Once told a panel that i just checked the job description they sent me a day before the Interview date and that based on what they have written in it and the requirements, i don't think i qualify for such position.

They looked at me with suprise asked why?

First the role they were looking for was clearly not an area i was deeply into. Just knew the basics but their Hr officer or when advertising the position lumped up a different job title which was actually my line of work with another vague description which looked similar to what I do and that was why i applied. Only realised there was something amiss after they sent me an updated job description the previous day which clearly showed i wasn't their ideal candidate.

From there on we just did Informal talking and at the end they did offer me the position but under probation for 6 months which was to enable me buckle up and shore up my knowledge but i had to turn it down.

I never pictured myself as a programmer and except for the prerequisite knowledge that i have I don't enjoy programming and can't wrap my head around the fact that i would be doing something i don't enjoy daily.

3 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by sholay2011(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2015
onegig:
This might not be that crazy. I Once told a panel that i just checked the job description they sent me a day before the Interview date and that based on what they have written there and the requirements, i don't think i qualify for such position after they asked why i thought i was qualified for the job.

They looked at me with suprise asked why?

First the role they were looking for was clearly not an area i was deeply into. Just knew the basics but their Hr office when advertising the position had lumped a different job title which was actually my line of work and a bit vague description to it which was why i applied until they sent me an updated job description the previous day which clearly showed i wasn't their ideal candidate.

From there on it nose dived into just informal talking and they did actually offer me the position but under probation for 6 months for me to buckle up and shore up my knowledge but i had to turn it down.

I have never seen myself as a programmer and except just for the prerequisite knowledge that i have. I actually don't enjoy programming and can't wrap my head around the fact that i would be doing something i never enjoyed daily. I would be miserable.
Looool...still kinda crazy bro!

Nice one though. cheesy
Re: Craziest Thing You Have Ever Said/done At An Interview And Still Got The Job by Oluwadare: 11:41pm On May 24, 2015
Dressed like a someone going to the field to watch a match since it was my first time. My objective was just to go and garner experience, then after their routine questions. one of the panels said but this is your first time of attending a job interview of which I said yes
Afterward, she said next time you don't dressed like this to an interview especially job interview, in a friendly tone. Then, I said I'm sorry and surely learning is a continuous process and we all bursted into little laugh, the following week I was called for the next stage which was also successful and the rest is history.

(1) (Reply)

Free ICT Training In Lagos ! / Naptip? / How Many Got Text From Joltmann Petrochemical Limited For Oral Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.