Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,950 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward (80300 Views)

How Exams Are Written In Covenant University / The Origin Of The Word Oyibo / Why Is Northern Nigeria So Backward Academically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
It is the concept of curve mirror, we have concave(convergent) and convex(divergent) mirror. Concave is use for shaving why convex is use for driving mirror. Lemme give the characteristic of the convex mirror......(1).virtual: which means it cannot be caught on a screen, in other word, it is not real. Virtual also mean that the image is formed behind the mirror. (2)lateral inverted, it simply means that the right side of the object being view appears to be the left side, this is the basic concept of why AMBULANCE is written not really upside down but from the back. (3)it has a wider view, that is object at far distance can appear closer. This is so, so that the driver can adjust to any car that is behind him/her on time. (4)image is diminished, that is image decreases(small) in size when view from the mirror.

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by cadaverMortis: 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
EVERY DOG AND HIS MOTHER KNOWS THIS
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ignis: 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Learnt. ......

#next?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by IdomaLikita: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
What Are You Guys Talking About?angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by alentyno: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
ObiOkpor: If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
*knew this in my first year in secondary school.
Phy in jss1?

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
alentyno:
Phy in jss1?
Technical school,SS1 is called year 1....
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
sirwilly1:
Wetin this one dey talk? Your 1st yr in sec school, and you don begin do physics? So, na everybody go sabi am at once(including those wey dey dey front seat)? Why you wan show yourself here? Park well o. Dangote truck dey your back.
you have just shown your plane stupidity.....in technical school,year one is SS1....
Ifesinachi marcopolo bus dey ya front,watch ya front and get off ma track....
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Koolmexxi(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
ObiOkpor: If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.

Oh Jus shut up already!!! See ur mouth..... Dis is for d benefits of those wey no know. And since u were not one of d ones dat
ObiOkpor: spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
How come u still dey nairaland dey exhibit high rate of illiteracy??

2 Likes

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Koolmexxi:

Oh Jus shut up already!!! See ur mouth..... Dis is for d benefits of those wey no know. And since u were not one of d ones dat How come u still dey nairaland dey exhibit high rate of illiteracy??
Quote me again and i will ignore you.....
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by experimentist: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Stanley4E: So that drivers ahead of it on the road can read
it (correctly) as AMBULANCE in their rear-view
mirrors, and yield the right of way.
If the word was not reversed, the drivers of the
cars ahead of the vehicle would see:
"ECNALUBMA."
Of course, if it has flashing lights and sirens
going, they would yield to it anyway. Perhaps
this was done so that drivers would not mistake
an ambulance for a police vehicle with similar
lights.

MOD please get this to front page to educate others. thanks
Dumbazz op it is simply called 'mirror-view'... No vex say I call you dummy yuh here..
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
Leetunechi: We need this vehicle on nairaland

cus alotta dead people full here
Really!!!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by tpraiz(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
. We call diz Once "Guru"..........
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by sirwilly1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
ObiOkpor: you have just shown your plane stupidity.....in technical school,year one is SS1....
Ifesinachi marcopolo bus dey ya front,watch ya front and get off ma track....

Na PLANE or PLAIN? Over-sabi. FYI, not all secondary schools are technical schools.

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by walad4yhu(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
Plz someone should help n suggest a caption to use on a graduation polo/tshirts...
The department iz Health Education...Thanks in advance
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by DaBozz(m): 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nice!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
shocked wow! Just discovering this today.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Yinkatolu: 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
ggrin: Mod back page pls
grin
ggrin: Mod back page pls
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
"...He who feels he knows too much is a fo.ol..."...You just displayed ur stewpidity;now run along
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Stanley4E(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
experimentist: Dumbazz op it is simply called 'mirror-view'... No vex say I call you dummy yuh here..
what makes u think i was wrong and who is the dummy here? You really do need a scholarship from me 2 get back to school.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by experimentist: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Stanley4E:
what makes u think i was wrong and who is the dummy here? You really do need a scholarship from me 2 get back to school.
I never said you're wrong, I'm jx saying it was written in a mirror view, datz all... Sorry man you not a dummy I'm jx fukin around... Abt d scholarship I'm interested.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by experimentist: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
handsomeness: shocked wow! Just discovering this today.
Na so u tek dull reach.. How old r u?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
tsolz84: "...He who feels he knows too much is a fo.ol..."...You just displayed ur stewpidity;now run along
Tell that to your kids if at all you have one and not me.....
Mongrel like you........*spits on you*
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2014

an ambulance is not for dead people, it's for patients.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
oh, great. Mr. KnowitAll.
You have been noticed, now run along
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by fattbabakay(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
congratz....coz it seems to you,dat's ano achievement!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by fattbabakay(m): 10:12pm On Jul 10, 2014

u're talkin gibberish...
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
Same way am gonna spit on ur dead corpse preetty soon..as5hole
ObiOkpor: Tell that to your kids if at all you have one and not me.....
Mongrel like you........*spits on you*
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Leetunechi: 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
Elliotwiz1: an ambulance is not for dead people, it's for patients.

cheesy

the wan wey dey cari dead body na wetin wink ?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nice one @OP

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
Leetunechi:

cheesy

the wan wey dey cari dead body na wetin wink ?

a hearse.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Leetunechi: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Elliotwiz1: a hearse.

cheesy

na ambulance sweet pass oo padimi
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Gosj01(m): 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: I've never seen it written like this in Nigeria.
Our people are knowlegdeable enough to see it as an Ambulance.

Even if they are not learned, the van, siren and the red cross sign will make see it as one.
nice info though.
IT HERE IN NIGERIA, I HV SEEN IT 4 MANY TIMES AND KEPT WONDERING WHAT IT MEANS. @OP, EDUCATIVE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / KSU Bike Man Caught Having Sex With Mad Woman (photo) / Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.