Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward (80309 Views)

How Exams Are Written In Covenant University / The Origin Of The Word Oyibo / Why Is Northern Nigeria So Backward Academically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by halmeyd(m): 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: you have just shown your ¤¤plane¤¤ HELICOPTER stupidity.....in technical school,year one is SS1....
Ifesinachi marcopolo bus dey ya front,watch ya front and get off ma track....

FIXED! Tenk me now...Lolz
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
grin
ObiOkpor: If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
*knew this in my first year in secondary school.
fact u stated is under the topic Optics and light in Physics which is tot in the Senior Secondary school in most school,as at 2010.pls dont call me a cleverdick grin
ObiOkpor: If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
fact u stated is under the topic Optics and light in Physics which is tot in the Senior Secondary school in most school,as at 2010.pls dont call me a cleverdick

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by halmeyd(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
walad4yhu: Plz someone should help n suggest a caption to use on a graduation polo/tshirts...
The department iz Health Education...Thanks in advance
use diz
¤God punish lecturerz,i don escape 4rm dia trap¤

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Amhappy(f): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
Noted. Thanks @ OP
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
O yeah... Tnx fr d info tho i hv neva noticed dat sef.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by allanphash7(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
lol
Bilabong: Op tanks alot... I did not know before now. Just incase my brother kids ask me another JAMB question.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by lonelydora: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thank God I have learnt this today
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
Award winning idi0t..
Greenified:
Its i'm pls.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
Stanley4E:
it took me time 2 find out too, I use to think it was a mistake, not until I kept on seeing it in movies, and other places
In the movies ba? And oda places (probably US)...lol. Bc av been in Nigeria all ma life, av never seen 1. All d 1s av seen na toyota hiace bus and dey carry EMERGENCY or the name of the hospital in 'caps'. Thanks @Op, now i know.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by misterjosh(m): 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
lie lie
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Greenified(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
tsolz84: Award winning idi0t..
At last u improved.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
Greenified:
At last u improved.
I'm GLAD someone now understands me. I was beginning to think you are all crazy.

Thanks boy, now run along.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Sike(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
Leetunechi: We need this vehicle on nairaland

cus alotta dead people full here
Where is your brain?! :|
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
SAVEDBABA: grin fact u stated is under the topic Optics and light in Physics which is tot in the Senior Secondary school in most school,as at 2010.pls dont call me a cleverdick grin fact u stated is under the topic Optics and light in Physics which is tot in the Senior Secondary school in most school,as at 2010.pls dont call me a cleverdick
e no go wipe naw.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by pelvicky(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
hmmmmm proudness
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
fujirice:
ITK we don see you.....mtscew!!!!!
face ya front joor! Olodo.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nobleval: So?
don‘t quote me next time just to post this shit!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by jeddyMay(f): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
thank you for this!!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by talima(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
Stanley4E: So that drivers ahead of it on the road can read
it (correctly) as AMBULANCE in their rear-view
mirrors, and yield the right of way.
If the word was not reversed, the drivers of the
cars ahead of the vehicle would see:
"ECNALUBMA."
Of course, if it has flashing lights and sirens
going, they would yield to it anyway. Perhaps
this was done so that drivers would not mistake
an ambulance for a police vehicle with similar
lights.

MOD please get this to front page to educate others. thanks
wow! Thanks so much. I just wonder about it yesterday, why is always so. Am happy i now know. Thanks to you and nairaland initiator.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
halmeyd:

FIXED! Tenk me now...Lolz
Lols...........i wouldn‘t.
Ask me why...
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: don‘t quote me next time just to post this shit!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ogaju007(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
SAVEDBABA: grin fact u stated is under the topic Optics and light in Physics which is tot in the Senior Secondary school in most school,as at 2010.pls dont call me a cleverdick grin fact u stated is under the topic Optics and light in Physics which is tot in the Senior Secondary school in most school,as at 2010.pls dont call me a cleverdick

sgut up... just appreciate the info abi u think say na only you go school?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
pelvicky: [b][/b] hmmmmm proudness
quoting me 3 times to potray your USELESS points is:total MADNESS!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by PromiseJonah(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks for telling us but the truth is I have no business that my driver already knows that
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Deiok(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
This information is not applicable to we here in nigeria.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Bilabong: Op tanks alot... I did not know before now. Just incase my brother kids ask me another JAMB question.
grin u are saved
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by pelvicky(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: quoting me 3 times to potray your USELESS points is:total MADNESS!
ok oooo,,na u jst sabi
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by KOMBE: 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks for the information, thought that the spirit of the dead wants it to be written that way grin grin grin grin... WONDERFUL INFORMATION
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by farabale007: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
somebody give this person a slow clap
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by clemzo101(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: Go get lost you pathetic Mongrel....
Na ur family be MUMU....
Stay off my track...
Quote me again,and i will totally ignore you...:p
I don't blame u, its because dere is no age restriction on nairaland, dats why teens like u can come here and talk paparazzi to ur elderly ones....nstead of washing plate at home or fetching water for ur mother u self carry fone begin dey write for nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by command01(f): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
I've seen it couple of times both the ones in Nigeria and the 'foreign' ones and I kept wondering if they can both be making such silly mistake.

Now I understand better..Thanks! x
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Ikenna94: 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
100 level work or ss3 for those that did their waec by themselves. It's called lateral inversion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / KSU Bike Man Caught Having Sex With Mad Woman (photo) / Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.