Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,467 members, 7,781,353 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:00 PM

Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward (80273 Views)

How Exams Are Written In Covenant University / The Origin Of The Word Oyibo / Why Is Northern Nigeria So Backward Academically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by clemzo101(m): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
sammiy: Mr Obiokpor walahi walahi u no get sens..e!
don't mind the teenager.na juvenile deliquency dey worry am
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by angela98(f): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
We know
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by blakky97(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
*knew this in my first year in secondary school.
Okpomu! U don come again?

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by sylve11: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
cool
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by clemzo101(m): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
Greenified:
Its i'm pls.
are u alright at all? U come here to look for mistakes. U and ur broda @Obiokpor shld be thinking of jamb not looking for trouble on nairaland.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by JustCare: 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
Annais:
Not everywhere. I have seen it written backwards many times in Abuja.
That's a rare occurrence
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Greenified(m): 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
clemzo101: are u alright at all? U come here to look for mistakes. U and ur broda @Obiokpor shld be thinking of jamb not looking for trouble on nairaland.
Yawns... what did u just say?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by emmabest2000(m): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Leetunechi: We need this vehicle on nairaland

cus alotta dead people full here
Ambulance is not for dead people in other countries it's only in 9ja that Ambulance is use to carry only dead people grin

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by elected(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks a lot. Didn't know until now.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by oluwaphemiee(m): 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
wicked guy
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
clemzo101: I don't blame u, its because dere is no age restriction on nairaland, dats why teens like u can come here and talk paparazzi to ur elderly ones....nstead of washing plate at home or fetching water for ur mother u self carry fone begin dey write for nairaland.
You are an elder indeed.Wish Nairaland is just for teenagers like us and not for elder men that can‘t allow teens express their feelings.
You started it when you abused me,and i will give it to you:yaga-yaga.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
blakky97:
Okpomu! U don come again?
Blackcharcoal! How am i sure you‘ve gotten your o‘level certificate?
mpama!!!(muntula like u)
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2014

Bro, you are a genius.....you started physics from from your first year in secondary school...thats... SS1...innit??...

From primary school...you jumped straight to SS1 shocked shocked..You are too much...

oya try and spin yourself out of this one...technical school or no commercial school..

Blow us another lie..
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
gbosaa:

Bro, you are a genius.....you started physics from from your first year in secondary school...thats... SS1...innit??...

From primary school...you jumped straight to SS1 shocked shocked..You are too much...

oya try and spin yourself out of this one...technical school or no commercial school..

Blow us another lie..
Akpaose,come get the truth from my mouth!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by vanndubi: 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
Stanley4E: So that drivers ahead of it on the road can read
it (correctly) as AMBULANCE in their rear-view
mirrors, and yield the right of way.
If the word was not reversed, the drivers of the
cars ahead of the vehicle would see:
"ECNALUBMA."
Of course, if it has flashing lights and sirens
going, they would yield to it anyway. Perhaps
this was done so that drivers would not mistake
an ambulance for a police vehicle with similar
lights.

MOD please get this to front page to educate others. thanks

Thanks for this info but I want to point out that the word was not written backward. Instead, it was laterally inverted.

To proof it, I mirrored ur "backwardly written ambulance" and that which was written on the van. The output

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by vanndubi: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by defashan: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: Technical school,SS1 is called year 1....

This miserable truant that failed police recruitment exam.
How many technical schools are in Ebonyi State?
Which technical school did you attend?.

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor:
Akpaose,come get the truth from my mouth!

grin grin grin grin grin...Just tell us you could spell the word..ambulance..before the age of 2.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by DAVE5(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Wat abt us wey dey trek 4 road, abi nah onli pple wey dey drive dem dey tink of sef
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
defashan:

This miserable truant that failed police recruitment exam.
How many technical schools are in Ebonyi State?
Which technical school did you attend?.
fool you are.A very big BOUNCING FOOL for that matter.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by rapins: 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
vanndubi:

Thanks for this info but I want to point out that the word was not written backward. Instead, it was laterally inverted.

To proof it, I mirrored ur "backwardly written ambulance" and that which was written on the van. The output

Why is it only the AMBULANCE that is inverted and not the word on top of the vehicle?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by adconline(m): 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
sirwilly1:
Wetin this one dey talk? Your 1st yr in sec school, and you don begin do physics? So, na everybody go sabi am at once(including those wey dey dey front seat)? Why you wan show yourself here? Park well o. Dangote truck dey your back.
Why are u hating on the guy? It's called lateral inversion in science class.. Inter-Sci or Physics.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by begwong: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
rapins:

Why is it only the AMBULANCE that is inverted and not the word on top of the vehicle?

Which word dey on top bro?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by sirwilly1(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
adconline:
Why are u hating on the guy? It's called lateral inversion in science class.. Inter-Sci or Physics.

I have nothing against him. What annoyed me was how made his statement. Does it mean that someone can't learn something as good as that here? And why would he add comments like "unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we" to his post? I never knew that was the reason the spelling is written that way till i saw this thread, and i still didn't fall into the category he mentioned in his post. I hope he learns from this. Thanks.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ramdris(m): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
That is why I love this forum. always learning new things.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by vanndubi: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
rapins:

For emphasis but here's the bigger picture. Everything is laterally inverted

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by SweetDinma(f): 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
Wow, I never noticed.

www.sweetdinma.com
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by jevic(m): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
Didn't know all this while.
That's a good one OP.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by clemtony(m): 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks 4 letting me know dis, I learn a lot 4rm nairaland...I need more pls guys
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by pricelessmr: 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
True! Lateral inversion of image by mirror.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Bigsteveg(m): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2014

Well am a science student and am hearing it for the first time, d fact dat it slipped out of ur teacher's mouth doesnt mean all of us who dont know it are dullards.......no one is tool old to learn something new, nice work op..God bless u
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nicepoker(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
shut up. U knew it in ur first year in secondary school? This guy is a confirmed illiterate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / KSU Bike Man Caught Having Sex With Mad Woman (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.