Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,451 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger (4844 Views)

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger / Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by dazekid(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
@flawless911 @judinho59 be like we go gat migrate the whatsapp groups come telegram o ....200 members in one group shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
Lol... True talk...
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by cirmuell(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
lmaogrin
Dude: "are you on telegram?" cool
Babe: "U say?" undecided
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by cirmuell(m): 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
for those asking, it's cross-platform.cool...whatsapp modified r.i.p to bbm.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by eunisam: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
yahoo messanger remains d best
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by eunisam: 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
Aizebioje:
I take it you're still in secondary school. 2go is great for your type. I know because my lil bro has a lotta 2go accounts
i don't blame u anyway.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by ceaser: 5:48am On Jul 12, 2014
madridfc: dunno why the Op is comparing this android app with whatsapp. Whatsapp works on almost all devices, from BB to Android& even Nokia, and its FREE.
Kk4: Does it work on BB and Iphone? If no, then it is still a learner tunu.

The app is available across board. The screenshots show it on my WP8.1. After facebook bought over whatsapp and people discovered that their data isn't safe anymore, a search for better and still secure alternatives brought up Telegram. It's very secure and has not been bought over by google or facebook or any company for that matter. It's in the young stage though and users are still few in my contacts, but then whatsapp went through the same process of growing as I could remember. In telegram, there are also in-app options to invite those in your contact list. So try it out.

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 12, 2014
ceaser:

The app is available across board. The screenshots show it on my WP8.1. After facebook bought over whatsapp and people discovered that their data isn't safe anymore, a search for better and still secure alternatives brought up Telegram. It's very secure and has not been bought over by google or facebook or any company for that matter. It's in the young stage though and users are still few in my contacts, but then whatsapp went through the same process of growing as I could remember. In telegram, there are also in-app options to invite those in your contact list. So try it out.
no beef bro,but windows interface can b really ugly!!
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by 36lions: 9:04am On Jul 12, 2014
Does it work on symbian, BB phones?
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by cirmuell(m): 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
mrvocalprowess: no beef bro,but windows interface can b really ugly!!
for real.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by ceaser: 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
mrvocalprowess: no beef bro,but windows interface can b really ugly!!

Lol. It's a good interface. It has the metro (modern) UI.

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by luckize: 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by nani667: 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
Whatsapp should Sue..... This is copyright infringement
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by nani667: 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
Telegram added to my list ✔

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by dazekid(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
nani667: Telegram added to my list ✔

thought you were just talking about suing and copyright infringement na...
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by LexieMarshall(f): 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
08158828889 me
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by ultrazone(m): 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
I can't believe no one has mentioned it's greatest features yet. Ok let me list them here.

1. ABILITY TO LOGOUT. How many times do you wish not to be disturbed by messages from people online? Normally, with whatsapp, you have to switch off your data entirely which affects all your apps. Or if you are tech savvy, you either go to settings, applications, then force stop it. Or, if you are even more tech savvy, you root and install a firewall and use that to block the app. But with telegram, you can ALWAYS logout whenever you want to with little or no stress to you, and when you log back in, all the chats you missed while offline will be downloaded to your device.

MULTI PLATFORM AVAILABILITY Now you don't have to wait to get to your phone before you can chat anymore. The app is not only available on Android, IOS, and Windows Phone but it also have native apps for PC running Windows, Linux and Mac OS. But the fun doesn't end there. It also has a full featured web app that can be accessed thru any web browser. So, you can always keep chatting no matter where you find yourself.

CLOUD STORED CHATS Remember those times when you format your phone, or sdcard, or you lose your phone and you realize that you have lost all those lovely chats you had with your bae? Well, say goodbye to that. Your chats are now stored online and whenever you get a new phone or for any reason lose your chats, they are all restored whenever you login from anywhere. What does that mean, it means you can chat with someone on your phone until ur battery goes down, and you then continue the chat on your pc right where you stopped with no confusion because all your chats follow you wherever you go better than MTN does.

CHAT ON MULTIPLE DEVICES AT ONCE Due to the above point, you can chat on multiple devices at once unlike whatsapp that logs you off once it detects that you have logged on to a different device. As you are chatting on one device, all the chats are being replicated on the other device you logged into. This is especially good for those with multiple devices, so as you are chatting on your phone, it will be replicating on your tablet/PC that you are logged into.

SECURITY This is far more secure than whatsapp and has end to end encryption for your chats, lets you know when anyone logs into your account from anywhere and gives you the option to log the device out remotely, uses 2 step authentication for EACH and EVERYTIME you log in unlike whatsapp that requires that only once per device.

SECRET CHATS Someone already mentioned this but I will also throw more light. Imagine wanting to chat with that girl you met but you don't want your gf to see it on ur phone or you trying to hit on your friend's girl without him knowing, or you want to send some nudes without others seeing or saving it. Now you can with secret chats. Secret chats don't get to be saved in the cloud, so once the chat is gone, it is gone. It can deleted from both sides by any party. That is, once you are thru, you can delete the chats from your end and it gets deleted on the other end as well. You can send timed messages and files (Yeah, they had this feature way before BBM picked it up and is now selling it). Once you send a timed message, it displays for a given amount of time then gets deleted on both ends.

I bet there are lot more crazy features on telegram but these are my favorites.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 22, 2015
07030843064, someone should add me oh
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Darvel(m): 6:50am On Nov 22, 2017
If u like... Kill urself.... All of una still dey use Whatsapp... Dats d truth. Dis one Na marketer.... Whatsapp all d way

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Bis On Android Blocked??? / Can't Believe This Xiaomi Note 8 Beat Samsung Galaxy A50 Handsdown / See How To Show Your Internet Speed Indicator In The Android Status Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.