Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Having Trouble Getting A Good Night Rest? See These Tips That Helped Me... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having Trouble Getting A Good Night Rest? See These Tips That Helped Me... (572 Views)

How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / Trouble Getting Baby To Sleep? Here's What Not To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Having Trouble Getting A Good Night Rest? See These Tips That Helped Me... by Mamagidi(f): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2014

HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A GOOD NIGHT REST? The last thing anyone needs after a hectic day at work is having a rough night. For some, the problem is getting to fall asleep, others may fall asleep and then wake up about 3-4 times before it’s actually morning.

Although this condition may be medical and require consultation with a doctor, there are simple tips that everyone can put into practice to make things better.

KEEP A ROUTINE. Some studies have found that a change in routine could actually affect sleep. Try sticking to a schedule for bedtime and waking up.

AVOID COFFEE. As well other products containing caffeine, coffee can keep you up late at night. Experts advise you avoid caffeine after 2pm.

AVOID ALCOHOL. Studies show that alcohol may disrupt sleep schedules. Why not just do without?

TAKE THE MILKY ROUTE. A warm glass of milk before you hit the bed does a lot of good. Milk contains a sleep-inducing substance called Tryptophan. Remember not to overdo it though. You don’t want to be up all night as a result of bathroom trips.

NO SMOKING. Just like caffeine, nicotine is also a stimulant and will keep you awake.

NO MORE SCREENS. As difficult as it may be, TURN OFF the devices! Light from screens have been found to disrupt sleep. Similarly, quit waking up to check your phone throughout the night, please!

KILL THE NOISE. Noise can also make a good night rest difficult. If you cannot block out all the noises, please use earplugs.

MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE. Find a sleeping posture that makes you relax, get beddings that are soothing to the body, and have a good night rest.

SOURCE: www.mamagidi.com
Re: Having Trouble Getting A Good Night Rest? See These Tips That Helped Me... by ggrin(f): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
undecided on ur fan nd lay down on ur bedtongue

(1) (Reply)

World Health Organisation Declares Ebola a Public Health Emergency / Suspected Kaduna Ebola Case Tests Negative / How Do I Reduse The Fatness Of My Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.