Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,441 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:27 PM

Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! (2956 Views)

Victim Of NIS Recruitment Writes To Buhari / Read This If You Are In Search Of A Job. Dont Fall A Victim / Don't Be Brash And Over-confident: Lesson For Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by heir01(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
I hope this is helpful to someone out there. I have seen different schemes of fraudsters claiming to be recruiting but this is exceptional which is why i have taken time to do this.
1. These guys go by the name HARCUS OFFSHORE LTD UK
2. They created a website www.harcusoffshore.com so when you search them on Google you'd see their site. This also means they have verifiable company email addresses. For instance careers@harcusoffshore.com
3. They use UK mobile numbers (or as it seems) e.g +447089674421
4. They didn't just create names for their HR and recruitment managers. These names actually exist and are on Linked In.
5. And then the offer letter for employment is quite convincing. A 5-page PDF document with professional outlook. It seems very authentic.
Here is why this is scam.
1. Aside their website and job advertisements, there isn't much about them. Their clientele, specific contracts done, present contracts etc.
2. A company of this level should have at least a staff who would list them as employer on any social network. Linked In, Facebook or any other. BTW my further research on their HR and Recruitment managers showed a lecturer and a sportsman respectively and their locations not the UK.
3. I was asked to contact a supposed lawyer R. Umoh to help me obtain my International Work Certificate. Do you smell something? Lol
4. I was told explicitly that i would bear the cost of the procurement of the IWC but I would be reimbursed all expenses 5days after resumption. This is the catch. I mean why won't they just pay for it or better still make the expenses non refundable.
Let me say this, this guys dont't just send unsolicited mails, they advertise their jobs well making you feel you applied for the position even when you didn't. Presently they are recruiting drilling supervisors. You might have seen it. It is Scam!!!!

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
heir01: I hope this is helpful to someone out there. I have seen different schemes of fraudsters claiming to be recruiting but this is exceptional which is why i have taken time to do this.
2. They created a website www.harcusoffshore.com so when you search them on Google you'd see their site. This also means they have verifiable company email addresses. For instance careers@harcusoffshore.com
3. They use UK mobile numbers (or as it seems) e.g [size=13pt]+447089674421[/size]
4. They didn't just create names for their HR and recruitment managers. These names actually exist and are on Linked In.
5. And then the offer letter for employment is quite convincing. A 5-page PDF document with professional outlook. It seems very authentic.
1. Aside their website and job advertisements, there isn't much about them. Their clientele, specific contracts done, present contracts etc.
2. A company of this level should have at least a staff who would list them as employer on any social network. Linked In, Facebook or any other. BTW my further research on their HR and Recruitment managers showed a lecturer and a sportsman respectively and their locations not the UK.
3. I was asked to contact a supposed lawyer R. Umoh to help me obtain my International Work Certificate. Do you smell something? Lol
4. I was told explicitly that i would bear the cost of the procurement of the IWC but I would be reimbursed all expenses 5days after resumption. This is the catch. I mean why won't they just pay for it or better still make the expenses non refundable.
Let me say this, this guys dont't just send unsolicited mails, they advertise their jobs well making you feel you applied for the position even when you didn't. Presently they are recruiting drilling supervisors. You might have seen it. It is Scam!!!!

Thats a Nigerian number not uk. thanks for letting us know kiss
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by ayukdaboss(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
NIGERIAN number. Remove +44 and put 0...You'll get the scammers number

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
Bryantgroup.co.uk are probably in this scheme too. They are probably scammers.
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by heir01(m): 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
KnuckleHead:

Thats a Nigerian number not uk. thanks for letting us know kiss
I thought as much
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by heir01(m): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
richarts: Bryantgroup.co.uk are probably in this scheme too. They are probably scammers.
hahaha they offered you an unbelievable job? well i'll say you do your background checks to be sure.
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by euphorbia(f): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
I suspect that HARP vacancy advert too.
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by Linzo(m): 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
Bryant group are scam oooo, pls run far for dear life
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by alotofgrace(m): 12:41am On Jul 11, 2014
careers@scammers.com grin
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by Gboliwe: 1:52am On Jul 22, 2014
heir01: I hope this is helpful to someone out there. I have seen different schemes of fraudsters claiming to be recruiting but this is exceptional which is why i have taken time to do this.
3. They use UK mobile numbers (or as it seems) e.g +447089674421
Sharp man! You are a true son of your father! You went to school and allowed the school go through you. Others should read and pick a thing or two from this. No Nigerian graduate should fall for this scam!

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by campusflavour: 4:58am On Jul 22, 2014
benefits of one star ambassador of transformation ambassador of Nigeria (1)you have access to first hand TAN activities (2) you have access to offers and opportunities which includes travelling, training, job opportunities etc (3) N10000 logistics money (4) you become a ward coordinator and may rise to state coordinator (5)you represent your ward in a national meeting of tan ambassador NA GOODLUCK JONAThAN JOIN NOW http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=27646
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by donkunzman: 6:45am On Jul 22, 2014
^if should join, would that make me pro-GEJ?
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2014
Hmmmmm....scammers no dey ever tire....SMH.... @OP thx fr d info
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by heir01(m): 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gboliwe: Sharp man! You are a true son of your father! You went to school and allowed the school go through you. Others should read and pick a thing or two from this. No Nigerian graduate should fall for this scam!
Abi
Re: Don't Be A Victim Of This Intelligent Scam. Read This! by heir01(m): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
nnekamezor: Hmmmmm....scammers no dey ever tire....SMH.... @OP thx fr d info
Uwc

(1) (Reply)

Re-nigerian Bottling Company (trainee Technician) / A Poor Recruitment Process By Ace Nigeria(african Courier Service) / Empower Posting List For 2018 Is Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.