Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

High Thread - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / High Thread (933 Views)

Young Cannabis Smokers Run Risk Of Lower IQ, Research Claims In New Zealand / Do Smokers Really Need Help With How To Stop Smoking / Are Smokers Liable To Die Young (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Thread by iluvweed(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
I know i'm not alone. Who's with me? And what are you smoking

We are aware of the health hazards and we promise not to bother anyone when we become ill.... embarassed

We have no desire to quit smoking. We realize it's a bad habit, but we do our best to keep the ills of our evil deeds to ourselves.... grin

Hopefully this thread doesn't bother anyone who doesn't smoke!.... undecided
Re: High Thread by johnwizey: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
Your brothers and sisters will be here very soon
Re: High Thread by pendusky(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
iluvweed: I know i'm not alone. Who's with me? And what are you smoking

We are aware of the health hazards and we promise not to bother anyone when we become ill.... embarassed

We have no desire to quit smoking. We realize it's a bad habit, but we do our best to keep the ills of our evil deeds to ourselves.... grin

Hopefully this thread doesn't bother anyone who doesn't smoke!.... undecided

THE DANGER OF SMOKING :
What is Smoking: It is the act of drawing and letting out (inhaling and exhalling) the smoke of tobacco or other substance.

Some says They Smoke to:
-Satisfy Curiosity
-To cope with Stress
-To loss weight
-coz of friends (peer pressure)

But before you light your first or your next cigarette, stop and think, dont be like a fish striking at a baited hook. Follow the bible advice and use your clear thinking faculties. 2peter 3:1

WHAT SMOKERS FEELs THEY KNOW ABOUT SMOKING:
- Smoking reduces stress; False! Although smoking temporarily relieves the stress of withdrawal symptoms, scientist have found the nicotine actually increases the level of stress hormones

-I would exhale almost all of the smoke; False! Studies indicates that over 80% of the cigarette smokes particles you inhale stay inside your body.

-Smoking wont affect my health until I get old; False! While the risk increases with each cigarette you smoke, few effects are immediate. your lung capacity will be reduce and will likely to develop a persistent cough, Skin wringle, more and prematurely. Smoking increases your risk of panic attacks and depression.Smoking Cause the restiveness in youths.

-Smoking will make me More Attractive to the Opposite Sex: Fallacy! Researcher Lloyd Johnson found that youth who smokes are less attractive to the majority of the opposite sex.

- If I smoke no one is hurt but me? False: Second hand smoke kills thousand each yeat, it will definately harm your family, your friends and even your pets,

- It doesnt matter to God whether I smoke or Not. False Those wo want to please God must cleanse themselves of every defilement of flesh (2cor. 7:1, matt 22:39, gal 5:19-21) Theres no doubt that smoking defiles the body, if you choose to be unclean, harming yourself and others by using tobacco, you cants be a friend of God,

HOW TO RESIST.
If people offer you a cigarette, simple but firm response such as No thanks, I dont smoke will often works. if the person persist or even taunt you, remember its ur choice you might say,
- I check out the risk and decided that its not good for you, you may say
- I have some important future plan that involves breathing
- will i really gain benefit by smoking
- how much will smoking cost me in money, health problem and loss of other aspect
- I dont smoke cos its blackens the lung and shorten very short life span
- Are you denying me my right to my right to make personal choice.

HOW TO QUITS
1-Convince your self: write down your reasons for quiting and review this list regularly. A desire to be clean beforeGod can be a powerful motive, rom 12:1, Eph 4:17-19

2-Get help 1 John 5:14

3-Set a quit date

4-Search and destroy, before the quit date search everywhere in your room and destroy the cigarette, get rid of matches and lighters etc,

5-Deal with Withdrawal symptoms, drink plenty of fruit
or water allow more time for sleep.

6-Avoid Triggers: Stay away from places or situation where you could be tempted to smoke, you may cut off social contacts with Associates who are smokers proverb 13: 20

7.-Avoid Rationalization; dont fool your self by saying I'll take one puff such often leads to a full relapse jer 17:9

DO YOU KNOW?
If you a person sit near a smoker and inhale the smoke, he's automatically a smoker called, PASSIVE SMOKERS he also stand a chance of the 20% risk of the smoker's

Thats Smokeless tobacco such as chewing tobacco can deliver more nicotine than cigarete and contains more than 25 cancer causing compounds that increases the risk of developing cancer of the throat and the mouth.

That there is chemicals presence in the cigarette that blackens the lung and the lips which causes the cancer of the lips and lungs?

culled from www.pendusky..com
Re: High Thread by iluvweed(m): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
tongue
Re: High Thread by iluvweed(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
cheesy grin cheesy

Re: High Thread by iluvweed(m): 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
wink

Re: High Thread by iluvweed(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
grin

(1) (Reply)

Patrick Sawyer Urinated With Rage On Health Workers Who Told Him He Had Ebola / Your Ad Here / Why Do Sexuality Stories Rarely Make Fp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.