Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me (3010 Views)

Woman Survives An Alfa's Attempt To Butcher Her / SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) / unclothed Pictures Of Nigerians Trying To Scam Foreigners:::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by elbaron(m): 2:21am On Jul 18, 2006
Below is a complete transcript of a conversation I had with a Nairaland member on yahoo messenger. Why wont people quit?

dokita002 is currently not in your Messenger List.
Add to your Messenger List (Ctrl+Shift+A) Report as Spam (Alt+Shift+R)

dokita002: hello elbaron, this is busymantle from Nairaland.com
Elbaron: hello
dokita002: how r u\\\\\\/
Elbaron: I am fine
Elbaron: you?
dokita002: am cool
Elbaron: good
Elbaron: what would u like to talk about?
dokita002: help
Elbaron: in what way?
dokita002: l need to do business but have no money to pursue it
dokita002: what can l do
Elbaron: what business and how much?
dokita002: it involves large sum of money
Elbaron: ok
Elbaron: how much?
dokita002: 100k or 450 k and l have about 40k
Elbaron: naira or dollar?
dokita002: naura
dokita002: naira
Elbaron: what sort of business are u talking about?
dokita002: oil biz or trading
Elbaron: how do u mean or trading?
Elbaron: is it oil or trading?
dokita002: 100k for trading that could fetch little profit and 450k is deposited in an oil company and u receive 40k every month
Elbaron: which oil company?
dokita002: is in nigeria here
Elbaron: does it have a name?
dokita002: yes
Elbaron: and the name is?
dokita002: where r u pls
Elbaron: Europe
dokita002: which country
Elbaron: Netherlands, I live in Ghana but I am here for two weeks
Elbaron: should be back in Ghana next thursday
dokita002: ok
dokita002: can u help me
Elbaron: if u give me details, yes
Elbaron: convince me
dokita002: l have introduced peple to it and they r doing well
Elbaron: so how come they are not helping u?
dokita002: an ingrate
Elbaron: I see
Elbaron: how will u pay me back and when?
dokita002: over 14 months
dokita002: 30k every months
Elbaron: what is the name of the oil company?
dokita002: or 35k as u r pleased
Elbaron: what is name of the oil company u are investing in?
dokita002: am afraid
Elbaron: u are afraid?
dokita002: u may go on my back to invest
Elbaron: and u dont think I am afraid to give u my 450 k?
Elbaron: and what do u care if I go behind u and invest? So long as I give u the 450 k u are looking for?
dokita002: l have considered both
Elbaron: and?
Elbaron: what conclusions have u come to?
dokita002: l will tell u
Elbaron: I am listening
dokita002: nospetco oil and gas ltd
Elbaron: are they a savings and loans company?
dokita002: no
Elbaron: are u bying shares from them?
dokita002: oil servicing company
Elbaron: buying
Elbaron: are buying their shares?
dokita002: they do biz with it and give u return \
Elbaron: really?
Elbaron: how much returns?
dokita002: 40k
Elbaron: a month? on 450k?
Elbaron: how do i send the money to u?
dokita002: westen union money transfer
dokita002: if u r willing
Elbaron: in whose name and whose address?
dokita002: to UBA,ojo-adedeji adeboye
Elbaron: your first name is UBA or your last name?
dokita002: united bank for africa
dokita002: ojo-adedeji is my surname and adeboye my first name
Elbaron: but western union can be picked from any location
Elbaron: any address?
Elbaron: which is?
dokita002: no address
Elbaron: no address?
dokita002: u will send some info that would guide me to receive it
Elbaron: what info?
dokita002: when u get to bank u will get to know
dokita002: l can give u my contact
Elbaron: my dear
Elbaron: western union here is not a bank
Elbaron: lol
Elbaron: western union is a service of it's own
Elbaron: and if I dont have all these pieces of information they wont send the money
dokita002: UBA,idi-araba branch,lagos
Elbaron: so what is my guarantee that u will pay me back?
dokita002: l promise u in the name of the lord
Elbaron: in the name of the lord?
dokita002: am a honest person
Elbaron: did u ever read my posts on nairaland?
dokita002: what should l do to make u belive me
Elbaron: if u did u will not mention the name of the lord to me
dokita002: l cannot let u down
Elbaron: why not?
dokita002: am not an internet scammer
Elbaron: u dont even know me
dokita002: am here to work on my assignment
dokita002: lok
Elbaron: which assignment?
dokita002: am a medical student that struggle thru school
Elbaron: u got a passport?
dokita002: international passport
Elbaron: can u send me a copy?
dokita002: which passport
dokita002: passport photograph or international passport
Elbaron: ur international passport or driver's license
Elbaron: any form of id
dokita002: how will l send it
Elbaron: scan, attach and send
dokita002: where will l send it
Elbaron: my email address same one u are chatting with me on
dokita002: pls give me full address,pls
Elbaron: u have my email address
Elbaron: it shows on the messenger
dokita002: l will send three i.d to u
dokita002: no
Elbaron: how did u get my messenger id?
dokita002: is it aik_abani@yahoo.com?
Elbaron: good
Elbaron: now u are begining to prove that you just might have a bit of sense
dokita002: thru who's online nairaland
Elbaron: did u read my profile?
dokita002: where pls
Elbaron: on nairaland
Elbaron: yep
dokita002: l couldn't see ur name on it again
BUZZ!!!
dokita002: r u there
Elbaron: I am here
Elbaron: how much is 450k in dollars?
dokita002: how will l see ur profile
Elbaron: on nairaland?
Elbaron: u dont know?
Elbaron: read the help section
dokita002: 3462 dollars
Elbaron: you seem to have it all worked out
dokita002: that is pretty much
dokita002: l just calculated it now
Elbaron: ok, I will send u the money but what happens if u run away without sending me the 40k a month?
dokita002: l will graduate from school in 2008
dokita002: and l will even tell it to school and u may use school authority to guide me
Elbaron: how does ur graudation secure my 40k a month?
dokita002: l cannot leave school because of money
Elbaron: interesting
dokita002: l will surely pay u ur money
Elbaron: where do u come from?
Elbaron: have u got a phone number I can call u on?
dokita002: l will send my school i.d,national i.d and passport
Elbaron: interesting
Elbaron: anyway, here's what we will do
dokita002: l hailed from oyo state but l was born and brought up in lagos
Elbaron: I have a friend who works for the Nigerian Poilce Force. His office is at Panti. I will call him and ask him to give u the money, u can go to his office 2morrow and collect it, is that ok?
dokita002: where is it?yaba or ikoyi
Elbaron: u dont know where Panti police station is at? and u were born and bred in lagos?
Elbaron: ask, someone will show u
dokita002: l was never involved with police
dokita002: that is the reason why l do not know,sir
Elbaron: ok
Elbaron: give me ur number and I will give it to my friend, he will call u 2morrow to collect the money if u dont mind
dokita002: +2348028628561
dokita002: how about the passport
Elbaron: email it to me
Elbaron: my friend will call u tomorrow and give u the money in his office
Elbaron: ok?
dokita002: what is ur friend 's name sir
Elbaron: CP Abdul Karim Abubakar
Elbaron: CP is commissioner of police
Elbaron: and what is ur own name?
dokita002: ojo-adedeji adeboye
Elbaron: and what is ur home address?
dokita002: l stay in school most of the time
Elbaron: but u have a home, dont u?
dokita002: am in a medical school
Elbaron: u didnt grow up in medical school
Elbaron: u have a home
dokita002: l have a home
Elbaron: what is the address of ur home?
dokita002: because my dad could not raise money to rent a house in lagos he had moved to
Elbaron: ok, so where do u live when u are out of school?
dokita002: his uncompleted house in a new site in sango-ota,ogun state
Elbaron: does it have an address?
dokita002: the place is called Esuyago area
Elbaron: very good
dokita002: when u take a bike from sango,it will take u there
Elbaron: only ur father's property does not have a specific address?
dokita002: it is a new site
dokita002: if u have anybody around l will take them there
dokita002: l don't tell lies
Elbaron: which medical school are u in?
dokita002: l go to churches to beg for money in order to remain in school
Elbaron: which school?
dokita002: college of medicine,university of lagos,LUTH,idi-araba,surulere,lagos
Elbaron: and ur hostel is?

And that is when he ran away.
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by Rhodalyn(f): 2:24am On Jul 18, 2006
lmaooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by OldGlory1(m): 5:30am On Jul 18, 2006
Any dumb asshole!

Elbaron good job.
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by wise(m): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2006
That is why i don't want to have anything to do with people on this forum. Am very sorry for saying that but it is fact because you don't know who is who.

Someone have attempted to scam me also when i told him i wanted to buy motorola A1000 but could not get it here in Nigeria because i have search at least four major mobile phone store and still the same story but he end up saying i should send the money upfront before he will send the phone and i agree because i easily trust people and even if he run away with my money, it won't hurt me because that is a little amount.

The funniest thing is that he end up saying i should deposit the money in his Nigeria bank account and i have no doubt that he is in Nigeria but trying to get shit out of me unknowingly to him that am not a fool.

I gbadun Nairaland because the vital information shared by members and it always fun each time am here.

I don't want to give the guy nairaland id because i don't like humiliating people when they do wrong.
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by Rhodalyn(f): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2006
U know Ur ppl So why take the Risk?? undecided
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by chosenbabe(f): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2006
Its not funny @d person dat said lmao
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by chosenbabe(f): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2006
wise:

That is why i don't want to have anything to do with people on this forum. Am very sorry for saying that but it is fact because you don't know who is who.

SURE
Especially on a forum full of more than 30,000 members, most people register to view pics n log off, n will never reply to a thread or come back
some people log in with more than one username shocked

its disgraceful
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by naijadiva2(f): 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2006
if someone you don't know ask for money, like ummm tenic, don't even consider having a conversation with them. its just nonscence.
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by superman(m): 12:55am On Jul 19, 2006
hey i thought this is a forum! so many scepticism goin around! just to prove ur silly point! o boy make uana grow up! would u decide not to cross over the main or station road just because of gettin ur self run down!

as a matter of fact THis country England just handed over some wite guys british as well to the america custody who are being accused of defraudin enron us company from some bank in uk! i think we shuld all recongise dat this is cyber space so there is need for caution in everymove u make, there are people infiltrate the site as black ppl when they are white ,there are ppl dat hate them selves! there are igbo haters! there are some stupid africans from kenya hah! there are 1%black 2%italian 99%monkey in here not to mention there are superman bashers i mean ppl dat speak english as a 10th language u know. there are fake something, africans haters, ghana must go as well

so well lets learn to appreciate what we got when u had it rather being unnecessarily cynical .

god bless united nigeria
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by superman(m): 12:55am On Jul 19, 2006
sori double
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by gentleone(f): 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2006
This is madam using gentleone's profile, Its really been long since i logged on to nairaland becos i too found out that there were enough liars and schemers on the site, anyway i just called ur Ojo- Adeboye and u wont believe that was his real number, i asked as per the 450k and to come to panti to collect it, Guess what he said, that he had an operation done on his legs yesterday, the guy is as lousy as he sounds. He is of no significance and is a comon thief,

What a shame, see what nairaland is turning into, From fake pictures to fake kitchens to fake deaths and now thieves boy!!! may God help us all
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by fabian(f): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2006
Aah! thank God you were smart enuff to know. Some ppl don't know and fall.

Madam how now? long time oh!
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by elbaron(m): 12:50am On Jul 20, 2006
Cant believe it. He actually answered the phone? Lol. Must be a dumb a*s
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by gentleone(f): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2006
yeah, a desperate dumb a$$
he even called back o, can u imagine!
next time he tries to call, we'll forward the number to EFCC straight grin
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by LiquidMind(m): 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2006
Scammer keep off or you become a victim like this guys

check like http://www.geocities.com/izonkimi/NaijaMafia.mp3
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by LiquidMind(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2006
Scammer keep off or you become a victim like this guys

check like http://www.geocities.com/izonkimi/NaijaMafia.mp3
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by kitaun(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2006
na wa o ! grin grin
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by mukina2: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2006
NNA WA FOR YOU KITAUN
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by gbengaijot(m): 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2006
@liquidman, I cant help but laugh at that MP3 File.

You know wht, those scammers are the dumbest sets of people i av ever listened to.

Simple question they cant answer,
their threats are baseless.
lol
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by edygirl(f): 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2006
Wonders shall never end. shocked shocked shocked. Good Job tho.
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by kitaun(m): 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2006
the funniest thing is that the nonspeco thing the guy mentioned is actually real and some peeps are making good money from it but definitely the guy is all fake
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by mukina2: 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2006
*yawns*
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by kitaun(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2006
abeg go and sleep or you and the guy planned the scam together ? grin grin grin grin
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by edygirl(f): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2006
kitaun:

abeg go and sleep or you and the guy planned the scam together ? grin grin grin grin
lmao
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by woleprof(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2006
ummm, reading through this thread im not suprise, even among the "12" there was a Judas. Here u could have thousands of Judases [sub][/sub]i hope i got the spelling for many judas right??
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by mustafar1: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2006
one minute the guys wants to invest, the next minute he is the next minute he is a medsudent from unilag college of medicine b4 u digest that he doesnt have an address, he says his father dont have enough money to pay rent, u ask again he lives in an uncompleted building owned by his father that cannot afford to pay rent. this one na real tales by sunlight no be moonlight again.
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by kellorah: 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2006
u get time to chat that long ting with person! undecided
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by DaHitler(m): 2:11am On Jul 25, 2006
I have 20 crates of 50 inch screen plasma tvs. A buddy of mine gave it to me to repay a debt. I am in a lot of debt so I am willing to sell each of them for 3 thousand naira. Yes, thats right. That would mean you pay 1 naira for every 1 dollar of its orginal value. (3 thousand dollars is the normal price per set)

Send me a pm. And I only do pbp. Pay before pick up! cool
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by woleprof(m): 8:22am On Jul 25, 2006
Afeni:

I have 20 crates of 50 inch screen plasma tvs. A buddy of mine gave it to me to repay a debt. I am in a lot of debt so I am willing to sell each of them for 3 thousand naira. Yes, thats right. That would mean you pay 1 naira for every 1 dollar of its orginal value. (3 thousand dollars is the normal price per set)

Send me a pm. And I only do pbp. Pay before pick up! cool

Wats dis all about. Hope its not another scam grin grin grin
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by kellorah: 10:25am On Jul 25, 2006
lol afeni!!
yeah right!
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by Christino(m): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2006
That guy is just one out of a fraction of Nairalanders who want to turn this forum into a yahoo chatroom thingy. This sunday a guy buzzed me on chat and after beating around the bush, he begged me for almost 30 minutes to have sex with him even for a price all because he is GAY.

Do i look like one, i'm not, i have a girlfriend. And you said you have gay partners, why not stay faithful to them. AIDS is real. I respect your sexuality and I'm not condemning you but I refuse to be forced into an act against my belief. I can't do it with another girl let alone You. This "nigger" refused until I blocked him. It's so sad.

Whereas i've met some people on NL, we chat, we send mails, we even call on phone, no matter the distance, as in as far as Australia, India, Canada and even send text messages, so we should be prepared to have such people around.

Out of every 12 disciples there must be at least one Judas, and they aren't so hard to spot. Thanks for sharing this man, makes me more informed and careful.
Re: An Attempt By A Nairaland Member To Scam Me by agnesoseka: 10:24am On Mar 19, 2007
I hardly chat with pple I don't know, besides, I make sure am well acquinted to the pple I chat with, cos one has to be xtremely careful these days with fraudster in different forms all around,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Rapist Wanted In The Uk / How I Witnessed An Acquaintance Bury charms At His Hotel / Rapist Caught In The Act In Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.