Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil (36582 Views)

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Ela59: 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
10, i don't understand the 4000 airport. Can someone eluciate?
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by onila(f): 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
1stola: 25. Brazil has the highest number of most beautiful women in the world. smiley
26. BRAZIL HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF GORIMAPKA (BALD) GIRLS IN THE WORLD BECAUSE, NIGERIAN GIRLS BUYS IT LIKE EVERY DAY TO DECEIVE US!
grin

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by zeongeon: 11:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Capoeira is the sport competing with football in brazil.

Brazilian women are known to be open minded, family oriented and do not form if they like you, they like U if they don't they don't.

Morena is a name for beautiful black women.

Pupazoda is a name for a woman with big booty in brazil

The blacks in brazil are been marginalized and oppressed because of there roots as generation of past slaves..There is a huge wall built to seperate the favelas(ghetto) where the blacks stay from the well to do and white's of the society.

Brazil is beautiful.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by donclark(m): 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by fairheven: 11:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
omonuan: Brazil might actually have the largest black population in the world anecdotally. Officially they say it is the second behind Nigeria. Because I think Nigerian's population is either unknown or at this point unknowable, Brazil should be considered the most populous. It does not appear that their population is as inflated as it is in Nigeria where the born to rule mentality has led to gross manipulations of the census.

How csan Brazil have the largest numbe of blacks?a country made of different races,like Japanese,Chinese,Germans,BritishAfrican,and indigenous tribe;compare tto Nigeria that is 100% black?
And wt made u tink Nigeria population is iinflated?wt if the number is under-estimated?that means we may have mor population than current,y known

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Bigcake: 12:02am On Jul 11, 2014
tsolz84: Am always on ftp these days...wonder Y?
''Unana ubok utom'' a.k.a joblessness.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Irritant: 1:00am On Jul 11, 2014
I love the last one.... grin....the Ashawo legalization....hmmm,I must vist brazil soon......Na matters wink
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Youpele52: 1:02am On Jul 11, 2014
Too good to be true

Hey OP you miss this one brazil lost to Germany 7 - 1. And scored the least celebrated goal in the world of football.

In other news man city and Liverpool battles to sign Onazi

www.nairaland.com/1807941/man-city-liverpool-chase-onazi#24601308
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by fanficgirl(f): 3:04am On Jul 11, 2014
Ela59: 10, i don't understand the 4000 airport. Can someone eluciate?
Do you mean elucidate?
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by cool318(m): 3:08am On Jul 11, 2014
Brazil also has the highest number of Shemales in the world
"Quote me"
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by jaylister(m): 3:11am On Jul 11, 2014
brazilians love putting No's in there name
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by kalufelix(m): 3:38am On Jul 11, 2014
Sleep no gree enta ma eye...
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by eduxerxes: 3:56am On Jul 11, 2014
pontirock: RECENTLY OVERHYPED FUTBAL COUNTRY
That doesn't mean we can beat 'em at the Maracana! Shit happens!
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by dasparrow: 4:37am On Jul 11, 2014
fairheven:
As at the last check,the only country not colonised in Africa are Ethiopia an Liberia*(used as settlement for returning slaves),so were did u get your fact,which history books are u devouring? shocked cool

You dey mind the self hating mumu? He forgot that the blacks in Brazil where descendants of enslaved Africans that were brought to Brazil against their wish. So it is the white man's fault that they are in brazil today. Afro Brazilians are also seriously marginalized and discriminated against.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Shollay20(m): 5:16am On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by baslone: 6:04am On Jul 11, 2014
Otenestbestyaho: 99% of the brazilians are CHRISTIANS of which 83% are catholic, the brazilian religion is roman catholic, i love that image of JESUS CHRIS in rio de jeneiro. No muhammedan in brazil, so they are safe from jihad!

Little wonder it is a nation of a gays and transgenders. It's no secret- you'l see them all over the streets!

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Emma8043(m): 6:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Yesso. #That'sAll#...you don't av to unclad biko.
Kachi my one and only u no bad at all making sense fine geh

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by tuffgongjo(m): 8:10am On Jul 11, 2014
Gynacologist: ur username got me crackin mind telin me d meanin?
it is d combo of my two nicknames(tough gong$bonfrere jo).

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by logica(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2014
fanficgirl:
Do you mean elucidate?
No means elucidate + expatiate = eluciate
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by phranseeqz(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: most important fact

brazil lost to germany 7-1

In the semi finals; on their own soil and BRAZIL WEPT
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Caseless: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2014
Krak: 21. In 1967 during the Biafran War a 48-hour ceasefire was declared in Nigeria between the Federal troops and Biafran seccessionists so that they could watch the Brazilian football legend, Pele, play on a visit to Nigeria.

22. Prostitution is legal in Brazil.
i need to get to brazil.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by phranseeqz(m): 8:48am On Jul 11, 2014
baslone:

Little wonder it is a nation of a gays and transgenders. It's no secret- you'l see them all over the streets!

In Pope Francis' voice, "Who are we to judge".
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 11, 2014
caseless: i need to get to brazil.

grin grin grin
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by JoseRaji(m): 9:19am On Jul 11, 2014
KOMBE: worst ever lost in a world cup.

actually that's not correct. The three biggest losses ever in Cup history were nine-goal margins: Hungary-El Salvador (10-1), Yugoslavia-Zaire (9-0) and Hungary- South Korea (9-0).
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2014
fairheven:

How csan Brazil have the largest numbe of blacks?a country made of different races,like Japanese,Chinese,Germans,BritishAfrican,and indigenous tribe;compare tto Nigeria that is 100% black?
And wt made u tink Nigeria population is iinflated?wt if the number is under-estimated?that means we may have mor population than current,y known

In recent times, 97 million Brazilians have self identified as of African descent. In a country where racial identity is hard to pin down, it has been speculated that up to 70% of Brazilians are of African descent. You do the math.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/nov/17/brazil-census-african-brazilians-majority

You know or should have known that Nigerian population is inflated. Do the research yourself.

Racial identity is so complex in Brazil that identical twins who shared same genetic make up, applied to receive benefits under the country's affirmative action, one was adjudged Afro-Brazilian while the other was declared to be white.

http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/wideangle/videobank/brazil_identity.html

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/episodes/brazil-in-black-and-white/introduction/965/

I hope you are educated on this issue now. We learn new things every day and for me the only thing I know is that I know nothing. Therefore, I keep learning. Only the ignorant close his mind from learning. And as they say:if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by baslone: 10:21am On Jul 11, 2014
caseless: i need to get to brazil.

Plus their shorties are hooot!!

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by 360command: 11:00am On Jul 11, 2014
LblaqueHaven: What baffles me is when Brazilians took to the street before World cup , my thought was that they're suffering until I recently check their currency to Nigeria's own and discovered that one (1) Brazilian Real (Brazilian money) is 73 Naira when converted. My question is when will we (Nigerians) repel against this extreme poverty and maltreatment from our leaders? Iya yi ti su mi gidi gan ni.
you don't go by checking currency converter when you don't know the real truth.The brazillians devalued their currency just like the way Zimbabwe did. Brazil is a better economy than Nigeria which cannot be argued,but would you say the same to Zimbabwe since their currency is good as a result of devaluation against the Naira? I guess not. My bottom line is don't go checking currency converter to determine if a country is suffering than the other.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Paulchris(m): 11:09am On Jul 11, 2014
KOMBE: worst ever lost in a world cup.
the worst na 9-0
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by stag: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2014
krak: 21. In 1967 during the Biafran War a 48-hour ceasefire was declared in Nigeria between the Federal troops and Biafran seccessionists so that they could watch the Brazilian football legend, Pele, play on a visit to Nigeria.

runzlord:
are u kidding me. so two guys re seriously fighting and a fyn babe passes they con stop dey look the babe. one con say see ynash the other con smile say o boy im telling you. after the babe con go. they resume thier fight. 9ja is funny

On the western and eastern fronts, There was a truce on Dec 25th, 1914 during WW1. German soldiers came out of their trenches shouting merry christmas in the native tongues of their enemies who first thought it was a trick but seeing the germans truly unarmed, they came out of their trenches too unarmed into very joyous greetings celebrating, laughing, shaking hands, exchanging gifts, singing christmas carols in the native tongues of the enemy soldiers. They played football on the battlespace between their trenches called "no man's land". I think it ended 2:1

Hostility resumed 12:01 next morning grin undecided

3 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Olaone1: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Ela59: 10, i don't understand the 4000 airport. Can someone eluciate?
Don't mind them. 4,000? Nahhh! Maybe airstrips undecided
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Caseless: 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

grin grin grin
grin grin
whr hav u been?
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by fairheven: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
omonuan:

In recent times, 97 million Brazilians have self identified as of African descent. In a country where racial identity is hard to pin down, it has been speculated that up to 70% of Brazilians are of African descent. You do the math.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/nov/17/brazil-census-african-brazilians-majority

You know or should have known that Nigerian population is inflated. Do the research. yourself.

Racial identity is so complex in Brazil that identical twins who shared same genetic make up, applied to receive benefits under the country's affirmative action, one was adjudged Afro-Brazilian while the other was declared to be white.

http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/wideangle/videobank/brazil_identity.html

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/episodes/brazil-in-black-and-white/introduction/965/

I hope you are educated on this issue now. We learn new things every day and for me the only thing I know is that I know nothing. Therefore, I keep learning. Only the ignorant close his mind from learning. And as they say:if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

No sir,u are wrong!
Majorigy of wht u call blacks in Brazil are actually inter-racial,e.g,the likes of RONALDO de LIMA,RONALDINHO,RIVALDO,NEYMA are all half-Africans and Half-European.
2.if there are 70million blacks in Brazil(as u said),how can that be more than 170milion Nigerians-everything black
3.wby do keep sayin Nigeria's population is inflated?the right word is "inaccurate"...is obvious ghat a place like lagos was allocated laser figures,while Kano was allocated more figures.and That goes to so many other states,so the figures culd be far higher or lower.apart from the figures of NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION,there are other simple methods,e.g,housing units:a city. Like Aba has more than two million houses,if u have 3people in one house,wt will be the population figure for Aba alone?yet the entire Abia State ws allocated 3million population figures,how possible?
4.United nation also has it own figures(so if u say the figure is inflated)is the UN also lying?
U can say is "inaccurate" not "inflated"thank u! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okada Man Carrying 7 Children (Photo) / Work On New Lagos-Ibadan Railway Leads To Demolition Of Structures (Photos) / Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.