Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil (36580 Views)

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Caseless: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
baslone:

Plus their shorties are hooot!!
i luv that.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Ela59: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
fanficgirl:
Do you mean elucidate?
yeah. Thanks.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
fairheven:

No sir,u are wrong!
Majorigy of wht u call blacks in Brazil are actually inter-racial,e.g,the likes of RONALDO de LIMA,RONALDINHO,RIVALDO,NEYMA are all half-Africans and Half-European.
2.if there are 70million blacks in Brazil(as u said),how can that be more than 170milion Nigerians-everything black
3.wby do keep sayin Nigeria's population is inflated?the right word is "inaccurate"...is obvious ghat a place like lagos was allocated laser figures,while Kano was allocated more figures.and That goes to so many other states,so the figures culd be far higher or lower.apart from the figures of NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION,there are other simple methods,e.g,housing units:a city. Like Aba has more than two million houses,if u have 3people in one house,wt will be the population figure for Aba alone?yet the entire Abia State ws allocated 3million population figures,how possible?
4.United nation also has it own figures(so if u say the figure is inflated)is the UN also lying?
U can say is "inaccurate" not "inflated"thank u! cool

Your assertion that Nigeria's population is not inflated is contradicted by many sources. It is well known worldwide that Nigerians grossly inflate their census in order to receive more revenue allocation. This has been the official policy of the northern part of Nigeria until the south joined the game in recent times. http://www.pop.org/content/popcorn-nigerian-alarmist-figures-refuted

Recently, Festus Odimegwu was forced to resign as the chairman of National Population Commission when he said that Nigeria has never had a credible census :

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/ubochi/083113.html

Go and reread my previous post. I said that 97 million Brazilians are of African descent by self identification and that up to 70% of Brazilians are speculated to be of African descent which would mean that this number could be as high as 160 million people. You liked to ascribe 70 million better for your own fallacy of pride but do not attribute that to me. The U.N. is using the wrong census number bandied about by Nigeria. The U.N. has never conducted a census in Nigeria.

Of course your understanding of who is of African Descent and majority opinion on this issue are miles apart. Your postulation about who is black would mean that if you as an African married a white woman, your off springs are not black or African descent. Is this not absurd to you?

I personally think this type of logic which was used by racists in South Africa during apartheid to weaken black opposition to their rule is hogwash. The general belief of who is black trumps your own warped logic. Blacks have different skin shades even in Africa.

You are entitled to your opinion though and I understand that but remember that you are not entitled to your own set of facts.

You admitted or insinuated that Kano's population was inflated but you claimed that Lagos population was suppressed. I got news for you: Kano does not have a monopoly of inflated figures. Kano is so good at manipulation of census, it has established the yardstick for others to emulate. Nevertheless, Lagos has also been accused of bogus numbers so much so that 14 Local Governments in Lagos had their numbers nullified by a court. http://realnewsmagazine.net/politics/victim-of-census-politics/

Most people participate in population allocation in Nigeria. During the last census, I was aware that communities and states raised money to bribe census enumerators to inflate their numbers. The bribes were not even disguised with any veneer. Fund raisers were surreptitiously held to achieve the inflated census goal.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Noneroone(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
eazisky: So why cnt they use red as their national and football colour? another fact, brazil lost 7-0 to germany
Brazil haters includes those who use black white? Kidding though.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by fairheven: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
omonuan:

Your assertion that Nigeria's population is not inflated is contradicted by many sources. It is well known worldwide that Nigerians grossly inflate their census in order to receive more revenue allocation. This has been the official policy of the northern part of Nigeria until the south joined the game in recent times. http://www.pop.org/content/popcorn-nigerian-alarmist-figures-refuted
Well,UN does not need to conduct a physical census to arrive at an " estmated"figure.like I said,they have parameters For that
Recently, Festus Odimegwu was forced to resign as the chairman of National Population Commission when he said that Nigeria has never had a credible census :

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/ubochi/083113.html

Go and reread my previous post. I said that 97 million Brazilians are of African descent by self identification and that up to 70% of Brazilians are speculated to be of African descent which would mean that this number could be as high as 160 million people. You liked to ascribe 70 million better for your own fallacy of pride but do not attribute that to me. The U.N. is using the wrong census number bandied about by Nigeria. The U.N. has never conducted a census in Nigeria.

Of course your understanding of who is of African Descent and majority opinion on this issue are miles apart. Your postulation about who is black would mean that if you as an African married a white woman, your off springs are not black or African descent. Is this not absurd to you?

I personally think this type of logic which was used by racists in South Africa during apartheid to weaken black opposition to their rule is hogwash. The general belief of who is black trumps your own warped logic. Blacks have different skin shades even in Africa.

You are entitled to your opinion though and I understand that but remember that you are not entitled to your own set of facts.

You admitted or insinuated that Kano's population was inflated but you claimed that Lagos population was suppressed. I got news for you: Kano does not have a monopoly of inflated figures. Kano is so good at manipulation of census, it has established the yardstick for others to emulate. Nevertheless, Lagos has also been accused of bogus numbers so much so that 14 Local Governments in Lagos had their numbers nullified by a court. http://realnewsmagazine.net/politics/victim-of-census-politics/

Most people participate in population allocation in Nigeria. During the last census, I was aware that communities and states raised money to bribe census enumerators to inflate their numbers. The bribes were not even disguised with any veneer. Fund raisers were surreptitiously held to achieve the inflated census goal.
UN does not need to conduct a physical census to arrive at a n "estimated"figure.they have got parameters for that,there is UNDP,solely responsible for that,and they have more accurate data than wt u have in most developing countries,they do not by any means rely on our figures.
If u keep saying that 70% of Brazilians are blacks,that implies that JAPANESE,ITALIANS,CHINESE,PORTUGUES,SPANISH,GERMANS,BRITISH AND OF COURSE THE INDIGENOUS Brazilians only make up remaining 30%
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
fairheven:
UN does not need to conduct a physical census to arrive at a n "estimated"figure.they have got parameters for that,there is UNDP,solely responsible for that,and they have more accurate data than wt u have in most developing countries,they do not by any means rely on our figures.
If u keep saying that 70% of Brazilians are blacks,that implies that JAPANESE,ITALIANS,CHINESE,PORTUGUES,SPANISH,GERMANS,BRITISH AND OF COURSE THE INDIGENOUS Brazilians only make up remaining 30%

I cited sources for my facts. Where are the sources for the position you took? I see that you have sort of backed-off from your position that the population of Nigeria is not inflated. I guess my sources gave you a pause at least if you are still not convinced. You said Aba has 2 million houses, where is your source for that? I know Aba, it does not even have 100 thousand houses in my opinion. Not very many Nigerian cities have too million houses and Aba is certainly not one of them.

I did not say for certain that 70% of Brazilians are blacks. I said that it has been "speculated" as such. The fact remains that Brazil has blacks as the majority. I cited several sources to back this position for you previously. I know you feel that those who don't look like Pele in Brazil are not blacks but your position on that is quite asinine and needs no further elucidation.

As far as U.N.'s guesstimate of Nigeria's population, you have all but conceded that it is not reliable because it is "estimated." The question then is why would an estimate be considered sacrosanct to you? U.N's estimate of Nigerian' population is as defective as the fraud called census by Nigerians. They are both fruits of the same poisonous tree. I doubt if Nigeria's real population is up to 100 million.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Tundenoni(m): 1:15am On Jul 12, 2014
runzlord:
are u kidding me. so two guys re seriously fighting and a fyn babe passes they con stop dey look the babe. one con say see ynash the other con smile say o boy im telling you. after the babe con go. they resume thier fight. 9ja is funny

hahahahahhahahaha......

crazy people full nairaland ......I swear!

2 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Tundenoni(m): 1:19am On Jul 12, 2014
udemzyudex:
Naa....check Germany vs saudi

Scores ;;; 8 - 0

worst ever lost in a worldcup knockout stage
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Tundenoni(m): 1:21am On Jul 12, 2014
udemzyudex:
Naa....check Germany vs saudi

Scores ;;; 8 - 0
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by SenatorJames(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2014
Krak: 21. In 1967 during the Biafran War a 48-hour ceasefire was declared in Nigeria between the Federal troops and Biafran seccessionists so that they could watch the Brazilian football legend, Pele, play on a visit to Nigeria.

22. Prostitution is legal in Brazil.

http://globalthots..com/2014/07/facts-you-did-not-know-about-brazil.html?m=1
This one is soo tourching, I feel like crying.

For the whole country to suspend war, just because of one man.

.....and someone will tell me that, nothing special about football.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by yollychika(f): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2014
22. Prostitution is legal in Brazil.......cool
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Bolurx(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2014
Krak:

Its not restricted to Nigeria o. Strange things happen during war time all over the world.

Give similar situations with countries where such has happened or I don't believe you!!
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Saopedro(m): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2014
Ola Brasil meu segunda pais
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by SenatorJames(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2014
kel4soft: We need to start stoning our leaders.
You mean the ones people see as their messiah?

-we collect one congo of rice to vote for them.
-we kill ourself in support of a political party that has no good plan for us.
-we sell our conscience because of 1k on election day
-I see nothing bad in him/her leadership just because we are from the same village
-we see our suffering as a way of life.

My brother we need an ideological change before we can stand for our right.

2 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by fairheven: 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
omonuan:

I cited sources for my facts. Where are the sources for the position you took? I see that you have sort of backed-off from your position that the population of Nigeria is not inflated. I guess my sources gave you a pause at least if you are still not convinced. You said Aba has 2 million houses, where is your source for that? I know Aba, it does not even have 100 thousand houses in my opinion. Not very many Nigerian cities have too million houses and Aba is certainly not one of them.

I did not say for certain that 70% of Brazilians are blacks. I said that it has been "speculated" as such. The fact remains that Brazil has blacks as the majority. I cited several sources to back this position for you previously. I know you feel that those who don't look like Pele in Brazil are not blacks but your position on that is quite asinine and needs no further elucidation.

As far as U.N.'s guesstimate of Nigeria's population, you have all but conceded that it is not reliable because it is "estimated." The question then is why would an estimate be considered sacrosanct to you? U.N's estimate of Nigerian' population is as defective as the fraud called census by Nigerians. They are both fruits of the same poisonous tree. I doubt if Nigeria's real population is up to 100 million.

I still maintain that Nigeria's population is not inflated;inflated is an extreme word as relate to the topic,can u prove beyond reasonable doubt to such?anybody will publish wt suits him(regarding ur facts)
Are u saying every state government had inflated their population figures?then wt of the ones that had gone to the census tribunal for redress after been allocated an obviously lower figure,are u sayin they have no case,because some of them have actually gotten wt they are praying for.so the same way u belive the population is inflated,another believes the population is more than 170million;is there any state that's less than 3million,in ur own view? that's y Its wrong to categorically say they were inflated,some may have done that ,and some may have been under-enumarated.so the right word shud be "inaccurate"
U.N has a better record of birth-rate,date -rate ,infants-mortality rate and wt have u,better than most developing countries,so its normal for them to have a better population data.
The houses they have in Aba is not upto 100 thousand ?how many number of housing units do have in an estate ?and Aba does not have upto 100 thousand housing units since Nigeria's independence?are u kidding me
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Gynacologist(m): 12:34am On Jul 13, 2014
Ceasar1:

Jeez Bro, you don't know how to quote.
tnx mr quota y nat teach me
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by KriTic24A: 11:25am On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy: 23. In the 1980s Brazil and Nigeria were all considered developing nations.

Today brazil has developed from a developing nation to an economic and political world power,and the brazilians are protesting and asking for more ....but Nigeria has reversed and sped back at about 5000 miles per hour from a developing nation to an underdeveloped nation and Nigerians are ....

winkwinkwink

I love my Nigeria.

You cann't be closest to the truth.
Yet they want all of us to continue praying and hoping.... in reverse gear
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by publicenemy(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2014
KriTic24A:

You cann't be closest to the truth.
Yet they want all us of us to continue praying and hoping.... in reverse gear

Yea i laugh whenever i hear that,and whats even more ridiculous is when they tell Nigerans tryn to leave the country to stay and develop their motherland...imagine telling someone leavng for the U.S or U.K to stay in Nigeria,a country that cant guarantee even ur security.
this country does not need prayers and i dont see this country moving forward ...i hope i am wrong.
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
samplegirl:

But this is internet age, why not google it. I just did and you know what I found? 4263 total and 718 of them paved
Fixed! angry
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by mayoryemi(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
16 people reported killed (shot) every one hour. "drug related tins"
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by ibe003(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Brazil na correct country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Work On New Lagos-Ibadan Railway Leads To Demolition Of Structures (Photos) / Bike Share Graveyard Where Thousands Of Bicycles Are Abandoned In China(photo) / 10 Things Nigerian Customs Must Not Find In Your Baggage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.