Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:15 PM

Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here - Career (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here (117995 Views)

Offshore, Oil And Gas Industry - Disaster. / Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary / Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by blackbriar: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
majekdom2:
hello, get familiar with the industry standards. It's neglect in the Nigerian industry/keyplayers that make people go to swamp neglecting those training. All locations give induction, that's not special. You can't visit a swamp location owned by an IOC without BOSIET... all from experience. BOSIET is not passbook. its reciept is an ID card. FYI, choppers do land on some swamp location. Besides, it's only a bonus and never a bad idea to have one. Thank you!
an ID card is a passbook........BOSIET for swamplocation ,am still marvelled, so IOC's dont keep industrial standards again too, you just safety induction, and do ur job and get out and move to d next facility....but wen you are going 1000 nautical miles offshore away from the nearest land and on a platform that is d deepest sea gorge in the ocean...now we are talking.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
blackbriar:

an ID card is a passbook........BOSIET for swamplocation ,am still marvelled, so IOC's dont keep industrial standards again too, you just safety induction, and do ur job and get out and move to d next facility....but wen you are going 1000 nautical miles offshore away from the nearest land and on a platform that is d deepest sea gorge in the ocean...now we are talking.
have you been to any IOC's swamp location without BOSIET before? Stop saying what you don't know and the silly argument. My initial post was based on the assumption his contract might be for an IOC. He explained and said it's for an indigenous firm. I just told you its the neglect by the indigenous players because most swamp locations are accessible by boat. No company will allow you fly chopper to a swamp location without BOSIET i.e chevron's okan, shell's belema and some I can't remember
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by blackbriar: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
majekdom2:
have you been to any IOC's swamp location without BOSIET before? Stop saying what you don't know and the silly argument. My initial post was based on the assumption his contract might be for an IOC. He explained and said it's for an indigenous firm. I just told you its the neglect by the indigenous players because most swamp locations are accessible by boat. No company will allow you fly chopper to a swamp location without BOSIET i.e chevron's okan, shell's belema and some I can't remember

Yes sir.....all correct sir....you win.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
blackbriar:

Oga go and learn ur work and forget abt dat bosiet stuff first,

You are right about that, the company you work for will take care of those courses (huet and Bosiet)
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by epaulo: 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Good evening, pls any opening for a young civil engineering graduate... I'm a fast learner and enthusiastic in nature... I stay in Port Harcourt... Thanks
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by blackbriar: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2017
BiggyB242:

You are right about that, the company you work for will take care of those courses (huet and Bosiet)

God bless you my broda....and in most companies it is after your probationary period of say one year.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2017
Knowledge and information is key. It's embarassing coming to a public forum to say what you are not sure of. I never said the company you work for won't do the bosiet or that one have to do it themselves although I have seen individuals that do bosiet without having a job yet. For the struggling local companies they find it expensive, it will be a bonus.
Oga blackbriar, you do your Bosiet most times immediately after resumption. I had my Bosiet second week after resumption. Stop saying what you don't know or aren't sure of. Probabtion is 3 to 6 months. Any company that puts you on Probabtion one year will sack you before the year is over.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by blackbriar: 10:21am On Jul 13, 2017
majekdom2:
Knowledge and information is key. It's embarassing coming to a public forum to say what you are not sure of. I never said the company you work for won't do the bosiet or that one has to do it themselves although I have seen individuals that do bosiet without having a job yet. For the struggling local companies they find it expensive, it will be a bonus.
Oga blackbriar, you do your Bosiet most times immediately after resumption. I had my Bosiet second week after resumption. Stop saying what you don't know or aren't sure of. Probabtion is 3 to 6 months. Any company that puts you on Probabtion one year will sack you before the year is over.

Were u employed as a graduate trainee or experienced graduate?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 13, 2017
blackbriar:

Were u employed as a graduate trainee or experienced graduate?
graduate trainee with a good Nigerian company. Pay was good, probation was 6 months. I have friends that got in at entry level with multinationals, they had their Bosiet a month after resumption. Probation 6 months too.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by blackbriar: 10:27am On Jul 13, 2017
majekdom2:
graduate trainee with a good Nigerian company. Pay was good, probation was 6 months. I have friends that got in at entry level with multinationals, they had their Bosiet a month after resumption. Probation 6 months too.
oga sir, what is obtainable in your very good nigerian company is not what is obtainable in all nigerian company.
so do not say i am saying rubbish, just spell out your experience and lets learn from it.
Thanks.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 13, 2017
blackbriar:

oga sir, what is obtainable in your very good nigerian company is not what is obtainable in all nigerian company.
so do not say i am saying rubbish, just spell out your experience and lets learn from it.
Thanks.
refer to your post again, you will see your assumptions doesn't go. You said one remains under probation for a year without the training in question... so, I ask which company be it Nigerian or foreign would recruit a "Field Engineer" and keep him in the office for a year without field visits.... you may say land, how about offshore. Get familiar with what's obtainable in the industry as whole and not what you think it is. Except the local players that have not got strength and expertise for offshore activities, you'd have your Bosiet done be it good or bad company as a field engineer. It's part of the onboarding costs. Do you have experience you are sharing from or just your own random thought. If it is a random thought, I have put a lot of things for you to learn up there. If It's from experience, sorry about the experience but ideally, that's not the case with most people in the industry. Thank you!
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Unclepauly99: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
Pls o.. microbiology undergraduate here ...will be going on industrial training June/July next year.....any help will be hugely appreciated
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Maurice23: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
Please I want to learn Robe access, I want to ask if there are company one can apply for internship to gain more experience after the training and how much is the cost for the training. Thanks
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by agboghai: 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
Maurice23:
Please I want to learn Robe access, I want to ask if there are company one can apply for internship to gain more experience after the training and how much is the cost for the training. Thanks
Rope access level 1 is about 280k at JC International in PH. Most companies accept level 2 and above Sha. If I must advice you, don't just learn only rope access, combine it with other skills such as NDT or Sandblasting/painting. It will fly more. Most Nigerian go abroad to get their 1000 hours needed for them to progress to level 2, because there are rapid high construction jobs going on e.g Dubai.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by ga6992: 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
sorry guys are IT guys or Tx engineers needed in offshore oil jobs
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Maurice23:

Check out Russel smith's website online...they accept new comers and train to level 1, also ensure you are looking at other aspects such as inspection, painting, etc....
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
ga6992:
sorry guys are IT guys or Tx engineers needed in offshore oil jobs

Not well enough, an entire plant most times will have only 1 or 2 IT guys on board.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by The10thMan(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
lomprico:
i need someone/institute who can train on process engineering in nigeria. i have searched and searched n found none.

Try these. Ensure due diligence.

TEKNITECH

JK MICHEALS

ATS ALLIED GROUP

Unilag also has a professional MSc. in Process Engineering.

However, I recommend hands on professional trainings/courses.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nostradamus: 7:43am On Mar 22, 2019
top10nigeria:

32million means that plus tax I am doing about 40. Also, my low 32 has to do with age and not yrs. Age is not on my side. I am 32. I have a colleague on my level who is 46 and on my same level earning 47mil. Also wages grow in "triangles". As you grow, your salary growth stalls. It has nothing to do with Technician or Engineering. Eg. my overall boss who is like the Installation manager earns about 70Mil and he has not had a salary increment for 3yrs because he has maxed out and only gets 5% annual productivity bonus and asset optimization bonus which is undefined depending on how much cost he saves. He is 30yrs in service, now Senior management and looking to retire in 2yrs. So salary is defined by a combination of all kinds of things that HR experts put together. Your first 10yrs, your salary will grow faster but then remember that the company wants to make sure they control how much pension they will have to pay you after retirement, especially considering that Nigeria staff get automatic 11% increase every year due to Nigeria inflation, plus the company is paying a percentage of your salary into your RSA. So there is a conscious effort to manage how much pension you will be due as at the time of retirement which makes also affects your salary growth.
boss!!!how much does entry level engineers earn?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nostradamus: 7:45am On Mar 22, 2019
xfire:

I am not so concerned about his pay package (top10nigeria). Maybe his years of experience dates back to when he started working offshore at the age of 18 (probably started as a technician before gaining an engineering degree). I wouldn't even want to discuss remuneration here.

But I wonder if the 15 years experience is all offshore related. I can't see an engineer working offshore for 15 straight years (only technicians, operators, drilling supervisors, cook, etc. do that). It's almost impossible (for various reasons).

Most engineers in the oil industry don't like working offshore. They will rather work in the office and do a 9-5 job. It's quite hazardous working offshore. The life over there is regimented, and the living condition, though okay, are not as comfortable as a usual home. Many who work offshore are looking for office functions.

Most people who admire offshore jobs know very little about oil and gas industry. Once they get into industry, they get a better picture and prefer office roles.

Cheers..
how much does entry level engineers with the major production coys earn?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Mandon22: 10:58am On Mar 22, 2019
I am really impressed by you guys experiences here and there on the offshore oil and gas industry. I want to be part of you guys. MeanWhile, I am a Chemical Engineer and I have been looking for opportunity like this. Please, if any positive information regarding of getting something good(offshore and onshore job)...Please contact me through my number and email. 08022069114/abeldominica@gmail. Com
Thanks you all and God bless.

Such a good writer[/quote]
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by shina101(m): 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hello
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by aliondo: 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Was studying oil and gas courses just a waste or what?? After coming out with a good degree and masters to add with nebosh too..nothing to show..just so painful. sad sad
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Fremaxx: 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
I understand your pain and I am in the same position. I just want you to keep hoping for the best. Opportunities will present itself and you may miss them. Trust me better ones are ahead.
aliondo:
Was studying oil and gas courses just a waste or what?? After coming out with a good degree and masters to add with nebosh too..nothing to show..just so painful. sad sad
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
What exact oil and gas course did you study and how have you been applying exactly?

aliondo:
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by aliondo: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
beryour:
What exact oil and gas course did you study and how have you been applying exactly?

Offshore and Ocean Technology with Subsea Engineering (M.Sc) and Electrical/Electronics Engineering (B.Eng)...I also possess NEBOSH (Level 1).

I have been applying online since I finished my Masters programme in 2016.The few times I went to Companies to submit directly, I was not allowed in because I don't know any staff there. .

2 Likes

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by 247humble: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2019
m
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lemme relax here. Got much to learn from legends.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by arcdone(m): 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nostradamus:
how much does entry level engineers with the major production coys earn?
This man was asking a very important question, nobody to be of aid to him, this is too bad
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by safeguardsafety: 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
SAFEGUARD SAFETY AND MANAGEMENT CENTER
Safeguard Safety & Management Center is a respected Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Security (QHSE&S) total solutions provider and management consultant in Nigeria since 1999. Our specialty is QHSE&S training, resources, management, studies, development and equipment supply. We are an international training partner and facilitator; we provide internationally recognized QHSE&S training solutions and training support services. Our instructors are top indigenous and expatriate professionals who have spent large number of years in industry and are therefore able to temper academic theory with practical experience. With our multi-media training laboratory and our training facilities, we are ever ready to offer you training programs of the highest possible standards and which meet internationally recognized level of performance. As a leading QHSE&S company in Nigeria, we provide up-to-date and accurate information, and a well-tailored guidance on QHSE & issues, and our services help organizations to identify hazards, manage risk, prevent loss, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve reputation.We also provide total QHSE&S and Management Professional Training Solutions, QHSE&S Studies, QHSE&S Development/Resources, Facility Management, Advisory and Consultancy Services. Some of our sought-after courses are:

NEBOSH IGC IN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
NEBOSH qualifications in Nigeria are provided by Safeguard Resources and Technologies Limited a NEBOSH Accredited Course Provider Center Number 1332. People throughout the world take the NEBOSH International General Certificate because it gives them the skills and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organisation. Whether health and safety is your main responsibility, or just a part of what you do, the NEBOSH International General Certificate will give you vital knowledge to help you perform better in your role at work. NEBOSH IGC is a globally recognized health and safety qualification for career-minded people.It has become the minimum requirement for high-flying local and international job opportunities in all industries. It is the meeting point for all professionals across the world; it garnishes your current certificate and rates you with your counterpart anywhere in the world.

ISO 14001: 2015 LEAD AUDITOR
Safeguard in affiliation with Quality Academy ATP 6051029, a CQI and IRCA Approved Training Partner and one of the leading providers of Management System Training with ATP Number: 6032950, offers a range of Management Systems courses. The courses are results-driven and meet internationally defined standards by adopting accelerated learning techniques. Our IRCA Certified ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training teaches students the principles, processes, and techniques used for the assessment of and management of Environmental aspects and impacts; and, their significance for EMS lead auditors.

ISO 9001: 2015 LEAD AUDITOR
Safeguard in affiliation with Quality Academy ATP 6051029, a CQI and IRCA Approved Training Partner and one of the leading providers of Management System Training with ATP Number: 6032950, offers a range of Management Systems courses. The courses are results-driven and meet internationally defined standards by adopting accelerated learning techniques. Our IRCA Certified ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training teaches students the principles, processes, and techniques used for the assessment of and management of Environmental aspects and impacts; and, their significance for EMS lead auditors.

ISO 45001: 2018 LEAD AUDITOR
Our IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 (OHSMS) Lead Auditor training course teaches students the principles, processes, and techniques used for the assessment of and management of OHS hazards and risks; and, their significance for OHSMS lead auditors. This course satisfies the formal training requirements for those wishing to register with IRCA as an OHSMS Lead Auditor under the scheme (IRCA/2020).

HSE-PCP (PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM)
Our HSE-PCP package is tailored to give hands-on and practical knowledge on First Aid/CPR, Fire Fighting and managing safely in the work place. Do not miss the opportunity to enroll in our program. You cannot avoid HSE training program, it is compulsory. If you don’t do it now, you will definitely do it later at a higher cost. You will not be regarded in any job interview/job application without it. Possession of our HSE certificates is the strongest reason why you might be invited to the next job interview. One is well suited to enroll for NEBOSH IGC after successful completion of this training.

HSE-ACP (ADVANCE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM)
This training ensures participants understand and apply the HSE Management System within the work environment under their control, with a particular focus on the practical application and integration of HSE in the workplace. To introduce participants to the management of HSE and give an understanding of how HSE matters will affect their work and their responsibilities at their level of operation.

PMP (PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL)
In this course, students will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute to successfully manage projects. World-over governments, commercial and other organizations employ PMP certified project managers in an attempt to improve the success rate of projects in all areas of knowledge, by applying a standardized and evolving set of project management principles as contained in PMI's PMBOK Guide.

BENEFITS OF ENROLLING WITH SAFEGUARD:
• This training offers you the mandatory HSE certificates specified by the Federal Government for all employers of labour.
• It makes the participant highly employable.
• Increased awareness regarding safety standards and requirements.
• Reduced error rates.
• Upgradation in the knowledge.
• Convenient and relaxing learning due to the audio-visual, serene classrooms.
• Maintaining the records regarding the safety trainings conducted in the organization.
• Increased reputation for an organization that invests in its workers.
• Lesser supervision required after the completion of the training.
• Uniform training of innumerable staff members in house through this pack.

LINKS:
https://www.safeguardsafety.net/
https://www.safeguardsafety.net/Nebosh.html
https://www.safeguardsafety.net/HSE-PCP-2.html
https://www.safeguardsafety.net/ISO-9001-2015-QMS-LEAD-AUDITOR-TRAINING.html
https://www.safeguardsafety.net/ISO-14001-2015-EMS-LEAD-AUDITOR-TRAINING.html

ADDRESS:
Port Harcourt Center: 6 Forces Avenue,Old G.R.A,Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Lagos Center:7 Acme Road,Off Agidingbi Road,Ogba Industrial Estate,Ikeja, Lagos State.

Why not let us be part of your success story, make your booking in SAFEGUARD today.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Unlimitedpat(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2020
Distinguished Managers, Engineers and Supervisors in the house. Please help a brother. Am in need of a job ugently. Am a graduate of mechanical engineering with 4years experience in the oil and gas sector both onshore and offshore. I have been out of job since last year. Please anything that can help me back on my feet will be very much appreciated. Thanks
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Kccheechy(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2020
I'm trying to apply for roughneck roustabout training too

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video / How To Improve On Your Career With I.T / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.