Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,554 members, 7,809,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? (11715 Views)

Sky X9w Laptop With 64gb Ram, 5tb Ssd And 6 Usb Ports / Meet The Laptop With 64gb Ram, 5tb Ssd, And 6 Usb Ports / What Is The Difference Between LAPTOPS And NOTEBOOK? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by LordReed(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
I am a bit confused by the terminologies. Can anyone enlighten me?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by Fulaman198(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
LordReed: I am a bit confused by the terminologies. Can anyone enlighten me?

Hard drive throughput (speed) is the difference amongst them all. SSD which is the solid state drive is the fastest. SSDs have the fastest load times of any hard drive.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by LordReed(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
Fulaman198:
Hard drive throughput (speed) is the difference amongst them all. SSD which is the solid state drive is the fastest. SSDs have the fastest load times of any hard drive.

I wanted to know the differences between the three I mentioned but not to worry I have gotten the info.

mssd and msata are the same thing. They are the mini versions of SSD, they look like memory modules or Wi-Fi cards.

But you are correct SSD is the fastest amongst hdd, SSD and mssd.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by onegig(m): 11:01am On Jul 11, 2014
Aargh.... And i thought google was on strike.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by LordReed(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2014
onegig: Aargh.... And i thought google was on strike.

LoL! Anyways it can be a job shifting through the info it throws up. Google it and see, there is no straight answer.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by onegig(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2014
LordReed:

LoL! Anyways it can be a job shifting through the info it throws up. Google it and see, there is no straight answer.
Google has all answers. Depends on how you phrased the search. Maybe you were using abbreviations.

As for your question. Ssd's are different and faster because they use new technologies like those used on flash drives where data are store and can be accessed through what we might call buses and chips instead of the old type i.e sata and ide which consisted of a spinning cylindrical magnetic disk at the centre a thin film called a lens which reads the data as the disk spins underneath it. That's why they are fragile. A small touch or fall and you just lost your hdd.

Was that helpful enough?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by LordReed(m): 11:35am On Jul 11, 2014
onegig: Google has all answers. Depends on how you phrased the search. Maybe you were using abbreviations.

As for you question. Ssd's are different and faster because they use new technologies like those of flash driver where data are store and can be accessed through what we might call buses instead of the old type i.e sata and ide which disks consisted of a cylindrical magnetic disk at the centre which spins and a thin film called a lens which reads the data. That's why the are fragile. A small touch or fall and you just lost your hdd.

Was that helpful enough?

Phrase a search for this thread topic let me see the answers it throws up.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by onegig(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2014
LordReed:

Phrase a search for this thread topic let me see the answers it throws up.
different disk drive technologies

First five links should give you whatever you want.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by LordReed(m): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
onegig: different disk drive technologies

First five links should give you whatever you want.

Thanks but the first five links don't mention either mssd or msata so see there are no straight forward answers.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by onegig(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
LordReed:

Thanks but the first five links don't mention either mssd or msata so see there are no straight forward answers.
You expect to be spoon fed exact details?

When you have learnt about their differences. What stops you from going a bit further and searching for their individual subsets?

When i said first five. I was very factual. The wiki link contains more than enough references for you to follow new leads. Good luck

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
onegig: You expect to be spoon fed exact details?

When you have learnt about their differences. What stops you from going a bit further and searching for their individual subsets?

When i said first five. I was very factual. The wiki link is contains more than enough references for you to follow new leads. Good luck

LoL! Very funny. I found the answer I needed before you replied check my response to Fulman, I don't need to be spoon fed so your sacarsm is just a joke to me. You didn't even answer the question so I guess you even know less than me.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by onegig(m): 1:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
LordReed:

LoL! Very funny. I found the answer I needed before you replied check my response to Fulman, I don't need to be spoon fed so your sacarsm is just a joke to me. You didn't even answer the question so I guess you even know less than me.
Oh! i never knew it was a "who knows more" contest. Sorry I would have abstained. Notify me of the candidate that comes top. I would like to offer my handshake.

Today na friday. I dey warn you o!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by LordReed(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
onegig: Oh! i never knew it was a "who knows more" contest. Sorry I would have abstained. Notify me of the candidate that comes top. I would like to offer my handshake.

Today na friday. I dey warn you o!

Here's my hand, give it a good shake.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by onegig(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
LordReed:

Here's my hand, give it a good shake.
too big. It would be unfair to shake such hand. I would lose mine in it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata? by LordReed(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
onegig: too big. It would be unfair to shake such hand. I would lose mine in it.

LoL!

(1) (Reply)

Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja / How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? / Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.