Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) (64099 Views)

The Real Heroes Of 2015...To Those Who Have Fallen & Those Who Still Burn(pics) / Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
CONTINUATION...

The sound of gun shot would've been enough to frightened ordinary minds but not enough to for those that've once walked through the path of death and stared death in the face.

Chuks slowly removed his palm which he used to cover J T the second and shifted his weight to one side giving J T the second enough space to roll over.

" I think I'm hearing the sound of a corresponding shot from the other end. " the other boy spoke in a gentle whisper audible enough to be heard by a listening ear.

" I think that we are in the middle of a cross fire. " Chuks whispered

" so it seems. " J T the second concord with his ears to the wall not minding the state of decay.

Meanwhile the shots could be heard from within and across the vicinity and bullets were pouring down like rainfall, the choking smell of gun powder became the prevailing stench. The three guys remained in their position not daring to move a muscles as the shots drew nearer. ' maybe this will be the end of me. ' Chuks lamented inwardly.

Before they could seek a better shelter, four guys ran past them in a random motion heading for the back of the building and blending into the night. The sound of their timberland faded as shift as it had appear.

The gun shot ceased for a while and began again over the fence, this time it was accompanied by a chant.

" dem no reach! "
" I go use their skull take drink water! " one of the guys was chanting from the other side shooting randomly.

The three guys crawled on their belly towards one of the rooms adjacent the main entrance. it seemed that providence was on their side this time cos barely a minute from when they exited the room, it became the war front itself.
Bullets were flying in all directions as the tempo increased.
There was a sharp cry from one of the shooters that had caught a bullet in the chest as he fell on his face.
The shooting continued for about an hour before it finally died down.

from their hiding place they heard footsteps leaving the building in a hurry.
" that was something! " Chuks whispered as soon as he was sure that they were now alone in the vicinity.
" ah, those bobo dem dey shoot like mad! " the other boy added.
" I think that we should get out of this place while we have the time. " J T the second spoke with a tone of finality.
" na true talk be that o! " the other boy seconded.

They crawled out of their hiding place and dusted their clothes and tiptoed towards the bush. They were half way to the bush when they heard siren approaching.

Tbc.....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
Chrisx1x:
Guy u don drive all ur fans.e b like say na only me remain
na so I see am o, but god dey sha, people go return even if no be all.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
I'm sorry guys I can't update tonight cos i'm pissed off over something.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by bellovers(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
time to deal with this story and get it off my neck so I can start my new story.

First, I need to dust and remove all the cobwebs on this thread.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by elOnuh007: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
have cleared out d cobwebs, just finish up d unfinished tori make up onto d next, no time.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
elOnuh007:
have cleared out d cobwebs, just finish up d unfinished tori make up onto d next, no time.
thanks man i'm diving into it right away
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by dorox10: 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
MR ESIXLOVE I must say u are making my day at home memorable for me as. Well as my colleagues who are waiting for nysc. Thanks for the write up and update as soon as posible. God bless u.

Still here amigo
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
dorox10:
MR ESIXLOVE I must say u are making my day at home memorable for me as. Well as my colleagues who are waiting for nysc. Thanks for the write up and update as soon as posible. God bless u.

Still here amigo
thanks sir, i'm waiting for the power sector to show me some love so that I can start typing.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
CONTINUATION....

With hands on her waist she headed towards her hostel, her mind was in shambles and her head moved in mirthless debilitating motion from side to side, the events of the past few hours flooded her head and just about the same time her emotions threatened to debouch.

She made a grimace at the groggy path her life had taken and made a mental note to take back the helm of her life and serve a greater purpose.
" I can't believe that sonofamotherfucker told so many lies just to cover up his debauchery. " spitting on the grass she continued her zig zag motion.

Her test was coming up the next day and there were series of assignments yet to be submitted, " it's all my fault " she muttered, " if I had not tried to get back at Abigail I would've been studying or taking a nap by now. "

She turned her attention to the woman displaying her wares by the side of the road.
Naturally, students would've been seen gallivanting on campus in no particular order, some without any particular destination, but the period they were in called for less pleasure and more focus, so fewer students were seen moving frivolously.

the growling sound in her stomach revealed the need for a bite, she recalled that she had not taken any solid food since morning. the urgency of the test had made her grab a few bite before zooming off at noon and she was yet to eat when the school's security officials apprehended her.

She stopped at a small kiosk where a woman was selling fries and bought fried yam and plaintain with three heads of fish for she and her roomies, she had no money on her but as a regular customer the woman gave her on trust.
it was almost dark when she got to her hostel and the door to her room was ajar, she could see light rays emanating from the room,
her heart skipped a bit cos she was aware that her room mates were going to be on her trail seeking an explanation, first she came back the previous day almost nude, a while ago the school authority had come for her, she racked her brain for a simple lie and was already at war with herself. Coming up with an embellished story she took the flight to her room with the remaining courage she could muster.

" hey, " she muttered, " you guys want to sacrifice me to mosquitoes tonight abi "
" what's up with you? " they turned to face her revealing the plate of custard and fried egg that they had incubated upon.
" i'm cool " she let out a sigh of relief and proceeded to drop the nylon on her mattress. " you guys are already hosting a party without me " she rolled her eyes " anyway I stopped to grab some fries, here, you guys can have some. "

She brought a plate from the kitchen and arranged the fries, she excused herself and to change into something nice since her clothe had been soaked by the sweat from her trekking she joined her friends when she done dressing, together they formed a complete circle.

They ate in silences, everyone lost in their own thoughts, Ada prayed inwardly that her friends wouldn't come up with the dreaded question, the thought of answering them sent a quiver down her spine,
She thought she heard someone cleared her throat and asked " why did the school authority come for you? "
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
goodevening guys, typing in progress......
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
+++ CONTINUATION +++

The wailing siren caught their attention for a moment, Chucks was the first to dive into the bush and crawled away followed by J T the second. The other boy was late in ducking away and was sighted by one of the policemen in the hilux.

' Surrender your guns and come out with your hands on your head.'

They heard from their position about fifty metres from the spot where the police had parked their hilux.
They continued crawling quietly on their stomach while the police was waiting for them to come out.
They got to a corner where an abandoned building was standing in utter decay and disappeared as shift as they had appeared, spirogyra had had taken total control of the building but that was the least of their worries, the most important thing was getting away from the scene before the police realise that they were not the real criminals.
They stopped at the back of the building to catch their breath, heavy panting was all that could be heard in the surrounding and that was coming from the three of them.
Chucks proceeded to sit on the ground and lowered his head thoughtfully, his thought drifted to his time in the bush when he and his friends had fallen into the hands of dangerous people who had no regard for life.
' Chucks ' J T the second whispered his name frightfully, ' we need to continue running, we're still close to where the police are. ' J T the second dragged him by the arm pulling him up. They stared at themselves contemplating on which direction to follow that would lead them to safety.

They were still at it when they heard gunshots fired in their direction out of nowhere. There was a sharp cry and one of them fell headlong to the ground wrenching in pains, The speed with which the other two dispersed in different directions Usian Bolt wouldn't have done any better.

The police had waited for a full minute for someone to come out of the bush and surrender but no one had indicated interest.
They were all taking cover behind their hilux and spying momentarily for movements in the background.
Sergeant Peter was sure that he had seen someone dive into the bush and his instinct told him that the person was not the only one that had launched into the bush.
they would not have gone far, he contemplated from behind the hilux and stepped forward cautiously. His juniors looked at him deliriously and wondered how many times before he stops acting suicidally. They were in an environment dangerously endowed with criminals and here he was acting heroic as usual. Some secretly prayed that one day he will get killed and stop bringing them to dangerous missions such as this one.

' what are you people still doing there? ' he whispered and motioned for them to come out of hiding.
He dispersed them in different directions while he marked the spot where he saw the guy diving and followed the trail.
After a while he came to an abandoned building, he ducked in the opposite direction and hid behind a tree, praying silently that the tree was not a habitat for dangerous snakes, he had a phobia for reptiles.
He pricked his ear forward as he picked a faint sound from a distance, he silently crawled towards the direction that that sound had emanated with his gun in position. It was pitch black and all thanks to the black uniform of the nigerian police his position was intact.
He sighted some persons close to the back of the abandoned building, they were putting on coloured shirt which shone like star in the dark. He made a quick calculation of the distance between them and positioned his gun for a shot, he fired two shots into the night and quickly tweak his position to avoid a corresponding shot. He was sure that he heard a cry after he fired his second shot and was also sure that he heard people running in different directions. When he was sure that there was no one shooting back at him, he crawled out and moved towards the figure now lying lifeless on the ground. He kicked the lifeless body and got no response, he bent down to inspect the body, as he raised his head he received a bullets from behind, right through his head.

TBC....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
good evening guys, can anybody guess who is down?
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Ikdbabie(f): 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hmmmm; the other guy with them. Am i right?
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ikdbabie:
Hmmmm; the other guy with them. Am i right?
Hmmmm let's wait for the next update. How was your day?
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
+++ CONTINUATION +++

Words disappeared from her vocabulary and the earth was without form and void, darkness was upon the face of the deep. She glanced at her friend with a mirthless demeanor, creating a decoy or embellished story seemed one of the hardest task of all, she couldn't delineate who had asked the question but she knew that one way or the other she must produce an answer.

' it's a hell of a story and I don't want to bore you with it. ' she managed to find momentum, smiling sheepishly to mask her feeling. She was burning on the inside with deleterious dejection and deflationary degradation.
it can't be deja vu she thought, though she felt like she had been faced with similar situation, or maybe she imagined to been in similar situation like this one in the past.

' you can tell us all about it, we're all ears ' Nkechi patted her friend and gave her a go ahead kind of smile.
' NK is right, we are your friends, you can tell us everything. ' Abigail added looking concerned.

' you really don't have an idea what it is ' she thought ' if only you know that you're the genesis of this episode. ' she turned to her side and cooked up some nice tale which she served her friends and they swallowed it hook, line and sinker. It never occurred to them that they've just been told the biggest lie of all times.

Ada heaved a sigh of relief, she had just siphoned her friends from banking on her trail for the moment, her department had a reputation for carrying the trending news and she knew that the news would be out in no time, but she was safe for the moment.

tiny drops of sweat from trepidation broke out on her fore head, she quickly wiped it off and gave a weak smile while her friends made a hoot, they started throwing the pillows at her and in no time they were on top of each other giggling and making a mess of the room.

When they were exhausted from laughing, they laid down to rest and slept off on their clothes. They looked peaceful in their sleep waiting for dawn, only that the next day would come with its own drama.

Two bodies lay side by side on the ground lifeless, there was nothing to be done to stop their blood from wetting the cold earth which they had once walked as living beings. Sergeant peter wasn't given the opportunity to cry out as the bullet had located the back of his head and burst right through his forehead.

Corporal Ike was sure that he heard someone or people firing gunshots into the night, he moved with extreme caution as he approached the area where he thought the shots had emanated.

He lowered his gun when he saw someone bending over what he couldn't fathom from his position, he waited patiently for the person to raise his head and fired a single bullet, it wasn't a clear shot but he could see that the figure had fallen to the ground and stopped moving.

He waited for the person to attempt moving or standing so he can finish him off. He felt someone by his side and almost relocated from his skin in fright, he was so engrossed in watching the figure that he lost contact with his immediate surrounding.

' na me ' corporal Emma whispered softly.
' guy you get luck, I for just fire you ' corporal Ike barked laconically and returned his focus back to the figure lying lifeless on the ground.
' I just drop one criminal now now for there. ' he added enthusiastically trying to impress his colleague.
' I been hear the sound. ' corporal Emma replied with envy written all over his face.
Together the moved slowly to where the bodies were and froze with horror and they turned the first body over.
Corporal Ike had gunned down a senior officer, the dead, blood-stained face of sergeant Peter stared at them from the ground with his eyes opened. It was a horrible, disdained disgusting sight to behold.
Corporal Ike was white with fright as he stared at the figure before him.
' you don fire Oga kill! ' corporal Emma snapped him out of his sorry state back to reality.
' Wetin I don do? ' he muttered amidst quavery. ' Wetin I don do? ' he kept on repeating.

The others had also traced the sound of the gun shot to where they were, they also froze with recognition and horror at the sight of their sergeant lying lifeless.
When they had overcome their fright, they carried the two bodies into their hilux and drove away.

TBC....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Ikdbabie(f): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2016
Alright @ ESIXLOVE. Still following though. My day was awesome. Hw abt urs?
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2016
Ikdbabie:
Alright @ ESIXLOVE. Still following though. My day was awesome. Hw abt urs?
thanks a bunch. It's simply fabulous!
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Ikdbabie(f): 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
That's good. Ride on
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:18am On Apr 04, 2016
good morning ladies and gentlemen of HATMF, welcome to the new week.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by HoluwaKoDeD(m): 10:52am On Apr 05, 2016
#Following...
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
HoluwaKoDeD:
#Following...
you're welcome aboard.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
I have adapted a new pattern now, I will be updating in two days intervals.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
sorry guys i've been down these past few day that's why i've not updated. I will type as soon as i'm strong enough. Thanks for your understanding.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
goodevening guys, typing in progress............
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:37am On Apr 15, 2016
EPISODEĀ X

The tough looking guys almost formed a crescent as they squatted in the sparsely furnished room that serves as their operation chamber. The function of the room ranges from smoking weed to plotting of deadly operations,

There was a bed at the far end of the room which serves as an abattoir for any girl that needs slaughtering.
The plasma Tv hung on the wall was never used cos all the boys care about are laying silly girls that stray endlessly into their traps, smoking of weed and other hard drugs that catches their fancy and gambling their way into other territories, just like the one they encountered the previous day when they ventured into the territory belonging to another group.
Even in the business of assassination boundaries must be respected to avoid major clash cos there's always a show of supremacy and gargantuan fatuous display of pride whenever there's an insurgency.

Everyone turned their attention to the door as someone cleared his throat violently. Biggy was standing there with his big frame and a head almost too small for his statue, he was putting on a black jeans on a black body hug shirt that clenched to his body as if its life depended on it.

' Good morning guys ' he spoke as he made his way to the bed ignoring the poignancy that enveloped his very soul.
Since the expedition of the previous night when they had forgone the sense of reasoning and trespassed with impunity into a territory that served as a habitat for people as dangerous as they are.

' morning boss ' they chorus with harmonization giving him their full attention.
' this unfinished job before us is giving me concern. ' he began with deep inflection that shot fear into the heart of the boys as they kept mute and just looked down at their feet.

' chief has given us till this weekend to finish off that bastard of a H O D. ' He scratched his head thoughtfully looking from one person to the other to confirm that every one of them had his attention focused on him, when he was satisfied with his observations he proceeded.

' i've come up with a plan that will make this operation successful ' he spoke shaking the feeling of dismay off his guts and smirked involuntarily.

' scorpion and wisest will disguise as women and pay that sonofabitch a visit at the hospital and give him a present from me ' his emboldened feature displaying a degree of seriousness.

' two of you will have to give him the kiss of death, have I made myself clear! '

' yes sir ' the echoed with magnanimous uniformity.

' bush-baby and smartest will provide backup for them should necessity arise, and I don't want any mistake ' the smirk faded faster than it had appeared, there was no telling what he was thinking at that particular time cos his face betrayed no emotions.
The nodded in harmony to prove that they had digested the information.

' any question! '

' yes sir! ' smartest replied in a haste not minding the look on the face of the boss, he knew that in times like this the boss would not welcome any question but he also knew that time is the only standard measure of event in the univers with respect to the past, present and future.
The boss had forgotten to mention the time for the operation.

' speak ' He said calmly focusing his attention on the bed, his imagination drifted to the last time he was laid.

The sex peddler that he had picked up from their usual joint had given him the ride of his life until he began mumbling incoherently.

He was snapped back to reality when someone tapped him gently on his shoulder. He sighed and turned to face smartest who was still talking, it was obvious that he missed being laid, but you see, ' no man goes to battle and entangle himself with the affairs of the world. '

Smartest was asking about the date and time of the operation but the boss only heard the last word ' operation '
He motioned at smartest with his finger to recapitulate what he had said.

' boss I wanted to ask about the day and time of the operation. '

' you guys will move on thursday by 4pm, by then the doctors that Are on call in the morning will give way to those of them coming for evening call, I will also be on standby cos I want this operation to be smooth and sleek ' with that he left the room leaving his boys stunned and perplexed.

TBC....

1 Like

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ozeepresh(f): 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Am here...nice one love
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
ozeepresh:
Am here...nice one love
you're most welcome dear.

1 Like

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Tmboy(m): 3:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
I got here very late......but all the same esixlove u made me glue to ma phone since mornin.......i really love dis
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
Tmboy:
I got here very late......but all the same esixlove u made me glue to ma phone since mornin.......i really love dis
thanks sir, i'm very grateful for the compliment. You're most welcome.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Smooth278(m): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nice read.... waiting to see how it all ends...
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Jumizie13(f): 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
Oh my! I never knew i was mentioned at the beginning of the wonderful piece. ESixlove, you have a wonderful work here, i just hope/wish/pray that it has an end. Ride on

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.