Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:10 AM

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) (63988 Views)

The Real Heroes Of 2015...To Those Who Have Fallen & Those Who Still Burn(pics) / Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 11:11am On Oct 10, 2014
codedbaby:

hmmmm. thanks so much dear
U ar welcome dearest,..............:........
pls all ghost readers I want you to register your voices on the thread at this
juncture, cos your voices have d potency of
tincturing up the latent impetus in the writer to write
more but your indifferences has the
tendencies of retarding the celerity at which
this celebrated thread progresses by engendering gargantuan frustration in the OP,
thus influencing negatively the rate at which the story update flows.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

U ar welcome dearest,..............:........
pls all ghost readers I want you to register your voices on the thread at this
juncture, cos your voices have d potency of
tincturing up the latent impetus in the writer to write
more but your indifferences has the
tendencies of retarding the celerity at which
this celebrated thread progresses by engendering gargantuan frustration in the OP,
thus influencing negatively the rate at which the story update flows.
you wan kill person?"
all the same it's a welcome idea.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
you wan kill person?"
all the same it's a welcome idea.
Heheheheheheheheh am d second Mr Chukwuma
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by jonazter(m): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
hmmm nice writ up Esixlove, stil followin closly
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
jonazter:
hmmm nice writ up Esixlove, stil followin closly
thanks. I will make it up to you guys.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
please viewers, you guys should pardon me till thursday. I want to just conclude my short story " A Thief In The Church. "
i will be back as soon as i'm done with that.

Thanks for staying true.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
mehn it was tough but i'm done with the other short story so update resume tomorrow. Thanks.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
mehn it was tough but i'm done with the other short story so update resume tomorrow. Thanks.
Welcome back sir, waiting patiently for the next update
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:51am On Oct 29, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

Welcome back sir, waiting patiently for the next update
i'm always thrilled at your support. You are the boss of this thread for now.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Aipete2(f): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
Come n continue oh
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
i'm always thrilled at your support. You are the boss of this thread for now.
I gladly accept the appointment, i am nw shady The Big Boss *CHEERS*
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
Aipete2:
Come n continue oh
i'm on it ma. Have a little patience.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

I gladly accept the appointment, i am nw shady The Big Boss *CHEERS*
sure. I give it to you, but for a week.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hi everyone, update will drop by 5pm today. Thanks for waiting.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

DEDICATED TO SHADYEMMANUEL

The path was the loneliest that i have ever seen or experienced in my entire life. There was no sound from anywhere, not even the birds made any move to sing or whisper.
I was wondering what it was that took me to this kind of place.
To make matter worse, there were no trees present that one could use as a shed should anything out of the ordinary occur.
" this must be the prestigious sahara desert famous in geography for its extreme hotness and dryness. But again there would have been at least the sound of wind blowing in sahara desert since it is also famous for its current and wind action. " i pondered within me with outermost confusion.
" Something is definetly amiss " i concluded.
It was as if my strength were beginning to fail me. I was on the ground before i could gather myself and gain co-ordination. ' What was happening to me? ' i wondered.

All of a sudden the whole place came alive in such a way that i thought i was going to go insane from the sudden noise that was fast eating the up place.
The birds were now singing in their thousands, i could bet on my life that some of them sounded like humans. The irony of the whole situation was that, the more they sang, the weaker i become. As i laid on the ground, i thought of what will become of me in this place. The thought of my family came flooding my mind. " oh how i will miss my kid sister should anything happen to me. " I thought since i had no strength to utter a word.

After some time, i started hearing sound of foot steps approaching me. At first, i thought that my ears and heart were playing a fast one on me. How wrong i was.
The foot step finally came to a halt, i thought that they must have taken another path or even disappeared. I was so shock to lift up my eyes and behold several cruel looking faces that had surrounded me like a flood looking for an escape route. They were humming a tone that I have never come across in my entire life. After looking at their faces from my position on the ground, i knew without doubt that my end was near.

Without hesitating, They bundled me up their shoulder like people carrying a casket on their shoulder and walking away still humming that tone of theirs.
I did not put up any resistance, i could hardly stand on my two feet not to talk of resisting seven hefty men with muscle like that of wwe superstars.

Since i was up their shoulder, i couldnt tell how long they've been walking or how far. We went on for some time before they finally came to a stop and lowered me down in front of a big tree.
It was the only tree i had seen since my arrival in that strange land. There was an altar in front of the big tree and some strange looking fellows were gathered in crescent facing the tree. There were black and red pieces of clothes tied round the tree and some marks of chalk and clay on the tree. At the foot of the tree were some carve woods which had blood sprinkled on them. I did not need a prophet to tell me that they were about to sacrifice me to their oracle or gods as the case may be. The name of the place or their Oracle was the least of my worries, my main concern was how to escape these people without making my death more painful. My strength was at the minimum level making my escape almost impossible.
As they tied my hands and legs and placed me upon their altar to be sacrificed, i knew that my end had finally come. There was no way i could escape this one. An old man that was putting on a black and red gown that had mirrors attached to it came forward with a knife and a container in his hands. I knew that the knife will be used to slit my throat, while the container will be used to collect my blood after the cut, " what an end to Chuks! " I thought aloud with fear being my only consolation.
The old man started chanting some incantations and rubbed some concocted substances on my body and head that made me shivering down my spine. After that, He took a bow and lifted up the knife in his right and brought it down to my throat.
I didn't know when i shouted the name of JESUS and woke up!.

The girl that was put in the same room with me also jerked from her sleep Because of my scream. It seems she had fallen asleep after i did. I was just so grateful that it was a dream and held on to my neck to be certain that there was no knife cut on it.
In a flash the girl was by my side asking me why i had to scream the name of JESUS that way. I was still holding on to my throat and contemplating on the dream that i had without making any attempt to answer her question. When she saw that i wasnt ready to give any answer, she walked back to Where she was lying down before i woke her up with my scream and was about sitting down when we heard a footstep approaching us. In a speed faster than that of light she was right behind me.

TBC......
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
Guys i'm sorry for the short update. Esixlove is back and better. Please if you need my other story " A Thief In The Church ", it out in PDF format.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
*Dancing SEKEM*........tanx for d dedication.......BTW wia can i download d other story, ? Is CHURCH RUNS also available in PDF format?
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
Guys i'm sorry for the short update. Esixlove is back and better. Please if you need my other story " A Thief In The Church ", it out in PDF format.
Apology isn't neccessary , just kip d plane flying
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
shadyemmanuel:
*Dancing SEKEM*........tanx for d dedication.......BTW wia can i download d other story, ? Is CHURCH RUNS also available in PDF format?
I lost ' Church Runs ' and ' In Pur$uit of Excellence ' to the nairaland hurricane but ' A Thief In The Church ' is available.
shadyemmanuel: Apology isn't neccessary , just kip d
plane flying
thank you sir, there's enough gas in the plane this time.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2014
*YAWNS* tis time for breakfast lemme go and call codedbaby and others make sure d meal is done before i come back *CHEERS*

1 Like

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
shadyemmanuel:
*YAWNS* tis time for breakfast lemme go and call codedbaby and others make sure d meal is done before i come back *CHEERS*
food is ready sir. Just that e hot.

1 Like

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

DEDICATED to Codedbaby

The sun was overhead when the two friends Nkechi and Abigail woke up from their slumber. They would still be sleeping had it not been that Ada came in to disturb their nap.

" girls what are you guys doing in the hostel sleeping when i just passed by your hall and saw lectures going on. " Ada sounded the alarm.
The two girls exchanged glance at each other before shifting their attention back to their friend and then to the wall clock that hung peacefully on the wall.
They didn't wait for a prophet before they dispersed in different directions, scrambling for their clothes. After Nkechi dragged Abigail from the canteen, they head straight to their hostel since the lectures was about an hour away. The room was a bit hot and uncomfortable, that made them to sleep with only their pants and bra on.

In less than five minutes, the two girls were seen running under the hot back sun to their hall. When they got to the hall, the were just so unfortunate to meet students coming out of the hall. The lecturer was done for the day, and that was the last for the day.
With a Disappointed look, they waited for all the students to leave the hall or at least for the crowd to reduce.

The hall was almost empty when they dragged themselves into the hall to see the course rep gathering his note pad to leave the hall too. It was in his habit to always be the last person to leave the hall save for some exceptions when the lecturer will want him to accompany him or her to the office or when some group of students will sit back and discuss trivial issue such as today.

" Akin what's up nah? " Nkechi extened her hand for a handshake despite the fact that Akin had not lifted up his face from what he was doing.

" Akin wetin we come do you wey no even wan answer our greeting? " Abigail put in after a while.

" nothing oh, just that i was concentrating on what i was doing that's why i did not hear you guys initially. And the assignment of Dr Brian also contributed to it. " He replied while trying to zip his bag that was proving to be tough because of the items that were forced into the bag.

" Dr Brian gave an assignment? " they echoed. " sure things. But why are you guys screaming? "
" never mind, it's just that the assignments are getting too much these days, and the nature of Dr Brian's assignments are always cumbersome. " Nkechi replied.
" you would have allowed me to finish telling you what the assignment is all about before you scream down the hall. "
" ok his highness, what is it all about? " they asked.
He nodded his head to acknowledge the title that the girls conferred on him before he continued.
" see that man told us to write on the principle that governs the conversion of an a.c to d.c and vise versa and also to produce a perfect example of one. The worse part is that he gave us thursay as the deadline to summit the assignment, not even up to a week. " Akin concluded and picked up his bag.
" na wa o, that man too get mind sef. " Abigail replied before she was interrupted by the buzzing from her phone.
" i'm going to start mine right away, there won't be any partying for me this week. I was thinking of hanging out with my friends today since it's friday, but Dr Brian and Mr Chukwuma spoit everything for me. " Akin lamented and walked away while Abigail answered her phone.

" Hello, who is this? " she spoke softly into the receiver.
" this is Felix, one of the guys at the canteen. The one that gave you the paper containing our contacts. I was expecting your... "

" how on earth did you get my number cos i don't remember giving you any! " Abigail interrupted the caller.

" sorry girl, i couldnt wait for your call so i had to get it from one of your friends. "
" which of my friends is that? " she asked impatiently. " babe take it easy nah "
" take what easy! You have my contact and can't explain how you got it! " Abigail barked. Meanwhile Nkechi has been watching her friend receive the call and was wondering who the caller was and what he or she was saying that warrant the smoke that she saw coming out of her friend's eyes.
" who was that? " Nkechi asked her friend as soon as she dropped the call.

" Don't mind those boys. "

" which boys? "

" those boys that accosted us at the canteen. "
" how did they get your contact? "
" I don't o , and the guy is not giving me any valid explanation as to how he got my contact, instead he is talking about some birth day party that he want us to attend. "
" and what was your reply? "
" i hang the phone on him "
" ah ah! Abigail, that was harsh " Nkechi replied. Abigail was shocked to hear Nkechi's view of the situation.

" but you were the one that was dragging me out of the canteen when the guys were trying to make moves. " Abigail said.
" leave that thing jor, i was showing them that we are not just some cheap girls that they can just buy over a plate of rice. " Nkechi replied.

" hmmm!, girl you bad o " Abigail saluted her friend, with that they move out of the hall towards their hostel.

The guys called again after a while and they fixed 10pm for the outing and with the condition that the guys have to come and pick them from their hostel and also return them after the party. And that they will not hesitate to report to the school authority if they try anything funny...

TBC.......
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by codedbaby(f): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
food is ready sir. Just that e hot.
am ready to cook any dish for my pals. am at ur service ooooo
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by codedbaby(f): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
Thank u Esixlove for this dedication. God will honour u too. love to my lovely palz also.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
codedbaby:

am ready to cook any dish for my pals. am at ur service ooooo
thanks. Na you go cook tomorrow food.
codedbaby: Thank u Esixlove for this dedication.
God will honour u too. love to my
lovely palz also.
Amen รถ, they love you too. Just stay connected. Tomorrow will be better.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by codedbaby(f): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2014
Esixlove what are we eating dis morning? am wating for u. moreover more updates too. remain blessed dear
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
codedbaby:
Esixlove what are we eating dis morning? am wating for u. moreover more updates too. remain blessed dear
sure things. I'm cooking the update.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
Cook well am waiting
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Flakkydagirl: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
I can't wait.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
Flakkydagirl:
I can't wait.
dear i'm awe that you are here. I just don't know what to say. All the same you are welcome.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

Dedicated to jonazter

My heart was threatening to tear apart or collapse because of fear and my heartbeat could be heard in thousands of miles away.
Mine was even better . the girl that was suppose to be my companion hid herself behind me and was visibly shaking.
Each step brought whatsoever it was that was coming closer to our door. the dream that i just had flashed back to my memory. " oh i wish i had listened to Fred when he complained that he was not comfortable with the kind of faces that were inside the bus and alighted from it, now i'm as good as dead. " i thought aloud and waited for the worst to happend. I looked everywhere for a possible means of escape but found non. That room was a dead end. As the footstep stopped in front of the room that i was in, i felt as if Something had fallen beside me, and when i turned to look at it, behold the my companion had passed out.
My calamity took a new dimension as i didnt know which one to face. My confusion couple with the fear in me had reached the height of mount everest.
I waited for whosoever it was to open the door and consume me with his spiritual or physical arsenal. After about five minutes, the footstep started walking in the opposite direction and soon faded away.
I heaved a sigh of relief and turned to attend to my companion, but can i do under a circumstances such as this one, i looked around for anything that would be of help. I remembered the sachet water that i left unfinished. I took it and sprinkled it on her face and placed my hands on her breast, sorry chest and pumped it hard. After much exercise she sneezed. I gave her a hot slap to clear her eyes.

Two days passed with the same thing repeat every night. The only difference was that the girl that was in the same room with me had started eating, not as if she had any choice though. We got to know each other better as the day went by. She told me that she is a graduate of computer science from Futo, that she came to uniport to check on her yonger sister who surprisingly is in the same department with me.
She said that her name is Chioma. Chioma Okechukwu.,her sister is Lillian Okechukwu.

" hmmm. That's the girl that had the highest GPD in your one hundred level. " the dean asked adjusting his spectacle. He exhaled a hot air and reached for his briefcase.

" yes sir, she's the one. " chuks replied.

" ok, continue with what you were saying, don't mind my interference. "

" ok sir. " Chuks replied and continued.

We started making plans on how to escape before they kill us all. Since we had no weapon with us our best bet was to use the weapon of the enemy against the enemy. But it wasn't as easy as we thought since the enemies had plans of their own.....

TBC.....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by jonazter(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
waoo wot a great honor, am vry gratfu Sir, tanx alot Esixlove, may ur ink neva dry n ur inspiriations endlesly flow lik a river.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.