Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,329 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) (64086 Views)

The Real Heroes Of 2015...To Those Who Have Fallen & Those Who Still Burn(pics) / Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
nice update sir, Patiently waiting for more.
Pls dnt starve ur followers to death by feeding them once daily , twice is Ok.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
shadyemmanuel:
nice update sir, Patiently waiting for more.
Pls dnt starve ur followers to death by feeding them once daily , twice is Ok.
thank you sir for the compliment. As for the updates, i'm using a phone to type. My battery is not to strong, in addition to the epileptic power supply in my area.
jonazter: waoo wot a great honor, am vry
gratfu Sir, tanx alot Esixlove, may ur
ink neva dry n ur inspiriations
endlesly flow lik a river.
Thank you sir. Yours will not run dry too.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
i'm so sorry guys. Due to the power failure that my area has been experiencing for some days now, I won't be able to update today.
See you guys tomorrow.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by MightyFortress: 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
Nice one..
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:23am On Nov 07, 2014
MightyFortress:
Nice one..
thanks you so much. How was your night?
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
i'm so sorry guys. Due to the power failure that my area has been experiencing for some days now, I won't be able to update today.
See you guys tomorrow.
Ar u guys nt enjoying Jonathan's transformation agenda?.....meanwhile come and update pls, 2 days Dry fasting no be beans
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

Ar u guys nt enjoying Jonathan's transformation agenda?.....meanwhile come and update pls, 2 days Dry fasting no be beans
hahaha, update will soon be ready.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

Dedicated to RAPMIKE

We started planning on how to escape from the place where they were keeping us hostage. We figured out that each hour that passes brings us closer to our graves if at all we will have the luxury of having one. Since all pointer points towards them using us as sacrifice or Something of that nature.

The sun was beginning to go down. We knew this because the heat in the room was subsiding by every passing second. I scratched my head as tension was mounting inside of me like a volcano. The thought of hastening my death if we fail in our attempt to escape introduced sudden cold into my body as i began shivering like someone that was connected to a closed CIRCUIT.
The girl noticed the discomfort in me and gave a weak smile to soothe my tension.
" don't worry, everything will be alright " she said, " After all it's the same death that will embrace us Whether we sit here and do nothing or fail in our attempt to escape. Even if we fail in our attempt to escape, let it be on record that I Chioma Okechukwu tried her best to escape and failed. " She added as if she knew what my fears were at that moment. Her courage brought fresh strength into me as I forced a smile up my cheek.
" that's the spirit boy! " she cheered when the smile came up my face. She was use to calling me 'Boy' for reasons best known to her.

We chatted for a while as we whiled away the time. Not as if had any other thing to do. She told me so many things about herself. Then she looked at me straight in the eyes, " if i leave this place alive, i will personally give you my sister for the time we shared in this place, for making my stay in this prison a memorable one. But if I don't make it out alive and you happen to do, please take good care of my sister for me. She's all i have in this planet. Tell her that i didn't mean to end it this way. Tell her that I love her so much, that she has been the best kid sister that anyone can ask for. " she said with tears running down her cheeks as rain drops. I had to use my shirt to wipe the tears away.
Chuks paused momentarily and brought out a handkerchief from his pocket and wipe away the tears that had betrayed him by running freely down his cheeks. Fred and Johnbull sat speechless with hand akimbo as their faces were red with emotions and were suppressed. After wiping his face dry and checking to make sure that no tears escaped his eyes this time, chuks continued.

I cuddled her in my arms as a baby, it was my turn to impact strength into her. We needed all the energy that we would lay hands on because of the task ahead, it was not the time to go all soft.
My shirt was so dirty by the reason of using it as a multipurpose wear, but it was the least of my worries.

" you don't need to speak negatively, we will all make it out alive. " i managed to speak after a while. " Chuks i'm beginning to be afraid " she replied still in my arms. I looked at her for a while before and realised to what extent that fear can reduce a person.

" where is that Chioma that believed in not giving up?, where is the girl that drove the fears and tensions that bubbled and dampened my very soul! " I asked in a low tone but she kept mute.

" we are in for this together. Our redemption is the redemption of the other people that were brought into this place with us. I don't even know where they kept my friends or what has happend to them. " I added this time raising my voice a bit but not to high so as not to alert the people that were watching us.
She blew her nose on my shirt and sat up. " that's the spirit girl! " i used her very words which made her to giggle.
We waited for night to descend fully before we launched our plans...

TBC......
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by rapmike(m): 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
Thanks for the dedication @ esixlove. Nice story, wondering if the girl made it alive.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 6:34am On Nov 08, 2014
nice update, boss. Rapmike is back, wat of Prince Adepoju, lanicky, and others?
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by jonazter(m): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2014
sayin u a good writer is an under statement boss. wil lik to kn de procedures on hw to get copies of ur writ ups.Tanx boss
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
rapmike:
Thanks for the dedication @ esixlove. Nice story, wondering if the girl made it alive.
thanks for the compliment. As for the girl, her fate lies in her hands not mine.
shadyemmanuel: nice update, boss. Rapmike is back,
wat of Prince Adepoju, lanicky, and
others?
thanks sir. Prince Adepoju is in the house while Lanicky is a busy with school things. As for the others they will come with time or when i start my new story.
jonazter: sayin u a good writer is an under
statement boss. wil lik to kn de
procedures on hw to get copies of
ur writ ups.Tanx boss
which of them do you need sir. I will let you know when they are available.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Benjaminbest(m): 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
wey dis guy ooo
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Flakkydagirl: 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Esixlove where are thou?

Nice update..
More more more.. smiley

1 Like

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
Benjaminbest:
wey dis guy ooo
i dey here ö, you been dey ghost mode since but thank God for the deactivation. You are welcome. Where my Öga Mr Shadyemmanuel? Abeg come register this sir.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2014
Flakkydagirl:
Esixlove where are thou?

Nice update..
More more more.. smiley
Thank you my love for the compliment. You know that's same way you disappear, so i simply learnt it from you. Abeg come go update, why you go stop for that place. You wan kill person.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
Oga esixlove. Your story make sense wella

more ink to your biro sir grin
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
** CONTINUATION **
Dedicated to Flakkydagirl

Crickets have started their solo, duet and trio as the case may be. Even the frogs were also on it, making their call and response. I knew that the hour has come for we to execute our first plan. We overheard them discussing that they herbalist warned that the people that will be sacrificed must not have sex seven days before the day of the sacrifice. We planned on using that as part of our strategy. " but this people must been so stupid to have placed me and this girl in the same room if they didnt want us to bleep. Well their stupidity is my victory " I thought aloud.

" are you set? " I asked her while she nodded in affirmation. " Lets get this started! " i added in a low but firm tone. She tore part of her clothes and scratched herself to the extent that blood started coming out of her body.
I removed my trouser and was only on short. Then i climbed on top of her and we started executing the plan.
" leave me! Leave me alone! " She tried to screamed while i used my palms to suppress the scream.
" please don't do this! " she pushed my hands from her mouth and tried to scream again. We battled for some time before the door was finally banged open as anticipated.
The beast-man rushed in like a mighty terrible one and pounced on me while Chioma laid there crying.
After delivering several blows to me, He went to check up on Chioma who was still on the floor letting out a soft sob.
That was his mistake because Chioma gave him a hard elbow on his crotch as soon as he bent down to comfort her. He let out a loud moan and and held on to his groin. With a quick move she was on her feet in seconds and gave him a knee strike on face that multiplied his pains as he gave a painful cry. She quickly delivered a hammerfist strike to his throat that saw him crashing to the ground like a bag of beans. I opened my mouth in amazement and disbelief.
" how did you do that! " i saw holding my stomach that was paining me like hell because of the number of blow that the beast-man dealt on me.
" that's a story for another day " she loosen her stranglehold on his throat when she was sure that he had passed out.
" we have to act fast before the rest discover that he is missing in action. It will take him about 3hrs to come around that's if they discover him in time, if not he will cross over to hell from here. " she added bringing out the bunch of keys from his pocket.
" wait!, what do we do if we encounter the rest? " i asked still holding my stomach.
" take this " she said throwing his gun at me. " i've never handled a pistol in my entire " i replied catching the Gun in mid-air.
" the same you managed to know that it's a pistol, that's the same way you will manage to shoot. " she replied and dragged me out of the room.

" but wait!. Where are we heading to? " i asked breaking free from her grip.
" you ask so many questions, we were not blindfolded into his place. And if you were using that head of yours, you would've known that we are going to look for the rest. " she replied.
" Stop asking questions, each second counts. " she replied and worked away.
We opened the first room and and released the first set of people. I'm sure that they must have brought in some other people after we were brought in..
We opened the door for about fifteen persons.
It was until we got to the last room that we saw Fred and Johnbull. By then my heart had almost relocated from my chest to my stomach.
Slowly and quietly we started looking for our way out of the building. There were just too many rooms in it that we had a difficult time locating the entrance.
It was pitch dark when we finally found our way out of the building.

" pow!!! " came the sound of a Gun shot and blood spilled all over my body.

TBC.......
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
Oga esixlove. Your story make sense wella

more ink to your biro sir grin
thank you sir or Ma. I'm honoured, i've update.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Flakkydagirl: 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
Yiipee!

Ftc

You know this is not fair bah?putting us in suspence..
Just do and come tell us how they finally escaped.
Note;With no one dead o,because i guess U̶̲̥̅̊ wanted to write water and not blood o.

Nice update.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
Flakkydagirl:
Yiipee!

Ftc

You know this is not fair bah?putting us in suspence..
Just do and come tell us how they finally escaped.
Note;With no one dead o,because i guess U̶̲̥̅̊ wanted to write water and not blood o.

Nice update.
hehehe, laffing i swahili. Abeg i no know if anybody die.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 6:43am On Nov 11, 2014
esix I must confess u r really gud in doing this please do keep it up

I just hope the three friends n Chioma makes it out alive o
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 11, 2014
kingphilip:

exactly

oga esixlove i hail o smiley
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:32am On Nov 11, 2014
kingphilip:

The King himself. I dey loyal sir.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:34am On Nov 11, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
exactly

oga esixlove i hail o smiley
I hail back öga, goodmorning.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
I hail back öga, goodmorning.
morning o
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:28am On Nov 13, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

Dedicated to Kingphilip.....

The state of pandemonium that engulf the atmosphere wasnt a minor one as we all scattered in different directions. Another gun shot was heard closely followed by the rumbling of thunder.
At the third gun shot there were thousands of lightening flashes as the thunder seems to be shouting in anger. I was more than afraid and even forgot that i had a gun with me. As I laid there in one corner of the fence in the open field, my heart ran into thousands of thoughts but non was making sense to me. The absence of tree in the compound made our predicament to be worse.
Then i felt someone tapping me on the shoulder, at that point my spirit and soul went on transfer, then I heard a familiar voice whisper to me.
" Do you still have that gun with you? " the fear in my spirit disappeared immediately. It was Chioma.
" i do have a thousand gun. " i almost screamed in excitement. I silently gave her the gun and held my breath as the fourth gun shot sounded very close to where i took cover on the ground.
" don't make a move, i'm coming... " She said and crawled in the opposite direction.
Then i heard another gun shot from the opposite direction, i almost lost consciousness to think that Chioma was somewhere in the dark. I fought against myself not to have gone in that direction. I silently prayed in my heart that Nothing should happen to her. Then multiple shots start coming from all directions. I got tired of lying down and doing nothing. as i felt a big stick on the ground, I took it and crawled in the direction as Chioma. I had almost reached the gate when i saw a figure pointing a gun at another figure. I crawled silently towards where they were and discovered that a huge guy had a pistol directly pointed at Chioma.

I approached carefully and lifted up my stick. With a all the energy left in me, I smashed the stick on his head with a quick and powerful swing.
He fell down unconscious. I rushed to where Chioma was and held on to her.
She was bleeding on her right arm.

" i caught a bullet on my arm when the heat was on and also ran out of bullets. Thanks for saving my Ass. " she said weakly.
" you need to rest. I think that the war is over. Just wait here let me check on my friends, i don't know if the are dead. " i replied in a hurry and laid her on the ground and walked back towards the building.
There were dead bodies shattered all over the place. The site of it was making me sick in the tommy.
I searched from one dead body to the other, to see if any one of them was my friend. But they were not. I began to wonder where they were. As i stood there wondering, i saw two people walked out of the building. I immediately took cover beside one dead body.

Then they started calling my name. " i'm over here! " i replied standing up and dusting myself.
" lets hurry out of this place! " added and began walking back to the gate.
When i got there, I saw Chioma lying on the ground..

TBC.......
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by jaymomma(f): 9:57am On Nov 13, 2014
Chioma must survive oh
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2014
FTC.......... * Dancing SHOKI*
Nice Job oga Esix.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2014
jaymomma:
Chioma must survive oh
I just hope she makes it.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:08am On Nov 13, 2014
shadyemmanuel:
FTC.......... * Dancing SHOKI*
Nice Job oga Esix.
* beating my head in papa Ajasco's style * ajagajaga
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
i dey here ö, you been dey ghost mode since but thank God for the deactivation. You are welcome. Where my Öga Mr Shadyemmanuel? Abeg come register this sir.
Oga Benji wellcome to d Family, here we make u forget all ur sorrows, stay tune and await more Nice updates From NL best writer in person OF MR ESIXLOVE(MCLAFF).

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.