Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Wedding Venue: Who Decides Where? The Bride's Parents/the Couple - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Venue: Who Decides Where? The Bride's Parents/the Couple (1792 Views)

Couple Arrive Their Wedding Venue On Bicycle / Lagos Marathon: Bride Treks To Venue (Photo) / Photo Of A Priest Kissing The Bride At A Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Venue: Who Decides Where? The Bride's Parents/the Couple by eyior(f): 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
My family is one complicated where you're to be seen and not heard. well my wedding is coming up finally after my parents postponed it, it's now less than 4 months away.
We're about to start planning and the first thing on the list is Venue. My parents are looking for one secondary school garden and rent canopy. my siblings' did theirs elaborate but my parents are now retired so they can't afford hall. my socialite mother-in-law doesn't buy that.
My fiance and I have our dream wedding and that secondary school doesn't fit in. My fiance's parents are expecting guests of 450 because it's their first wedding but my parents want small guests and said they want to outshine us. I have somewhere in mind, a marquee that will contain 700, with 16 A/C, 12 fans, chairs, tables, large parking space and generator in good environment which costs N400k while both families pay in equal share but my parents raged against it saying it's the bride's family duty to choose venue and the groom's should accept anywhere. I told everyone to forget it that i'll pay with my money but my parents said i want to disgrace them and vow not to attend if i want to have it my way.
pls what's your view on this
Re: Wedding Venue: Who Decides Where? The Bride's Parents/the Couple by Tallesty1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
It is your wedding bro, your parents/inlaw can stay at home if they don't like where you chose.
Re: Wedding Venue: Who Decides Where? The Bride's Parents/the Couple by mutiply: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
I was in my friend's wedding last week, he rented his parents and paid them due to many issues and quarells. Am not advising u to but if the situation becomes too hard to bear, u knw what to do.
Re: Wedding Venue: Who Decides Where? The Bride's Parents/the Couple by eyior(f): 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
They want to do it like lets-do-it sha but it has to be standard. i've waited patiently to be a bride. my groom is one what's up guy and we're both full of life want to enjoy the day and remember it for life. but How will my family not reason with me that my wedding venue in Conducive environment is non negotiable as it will set good mood for everyone. school garden wedding with uncut grass ground is not it. I don't want kotonko flies to start biting me and the guests.

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Intending Bride And Groom / The Craziest Thing I Have Done – Dillish Mathews #bbhotshots / PHOTOS:3 Weddings In A Row.white Man Marries An Akwa Ibom Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.