Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action (21129 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / If You Know This And You Are Still Single, What Are You Waiting For? (picture) / Get The Mr Or Mrs Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by priscaoge(f): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
The one u married who u don't like, has d cash.... the bait.
And when he goes CASHLESS Ur marriage will CRASH! #Smh!
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Bigsteveg(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2014
Emmaesty: No time to waste time *runs to join a department in Church*

Uhnmmm, may i ask for the name of the department u wanna join, and d name of d church.
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 11, 2014
zz

1 Like

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Bigsteveg(m): 9:31am On Jul 11, 2014
tonychristopher: HUSBANDS ARE SCARCE COMMODITIES ...WOMEN MUST MAKE MOVES...WE ARE JUST TOO SCARCE

WELL, MEN ARE NOT SCARCE HUSBAND ARE...HERE'S THE QUESTION; ARE U A MAN MATERIAL OR A HUSBAND MATERIAL?

REMEMBER WE HAVE HUSBANDS AND WE HAVE FATHER OF MY CHILDREN.

1 Like

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Bigsteveg(m): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2014
tonychristopher: HUSBANDS ARE SCARCE COMMODITIES ...WOMEN MUST MAKE MOVES...WE ARE JUST TOO SCARCE

WELL, MEN ARE NOT SCARCE HUSBAND ARE...HERE'S THE QUESTION; ARE U A MAN MATERIAL OR A HUSBAND MATERIAL?

REMEMBER WE HAVE HUSBANDS AND WE HAVE FATHER OF MY CHILDREN..
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Burger01(m): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2014
Smartsyn: Ferrari !!! are you the only girl that have not listen to Aye by Davido? lol
Love is no longer blind bro. grin

Girls of nowadays, hehn! I bow. grin
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by 4lorunsho(m): 10:06am On Jul 11, 2014
Have tried to get a girl friend its always NO or am. Engage ; is it all ladies that is engage in this country . Me no get time for it again joooooooooor " let me get my life going on being successful and GOD will make it dawn to me someday
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Emmaesty(f): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Uhnmmm, may i ask for the name of the department u wanna join, and d name of d church.
Decoration unit in Winners Chapel. Are you a worker? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by dellaziz(m): 10:25am On Jul 11, 2014
P
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by tonychristopher: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2014
Bigsteveg:

i will not argue with you but census and demography will argue you.... men beget fathers and fathers beget husbands, take it or leave it men are scarce...women are surplus

TAKE A TRIP TO CHURCH AND SEE HOW WOMEN PRAY FOR MARRIAGE
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by femikay149(m): 11:09am On Jul 11, 2014
Gaggi: It's time the ladies started brushing up a man to their standards. If u see an okada man u like why not give him money to start a better paying biz and enrol him in adult school. The educated men with good jobs are too few to go round. Women should learn to start brushing up men to their own standards or quit complaining of lack of eligible men.

Brushing up a man

R u a man at all

Y dnt u say men should turn up and be real men

U want a woman to feed d man

Ur points are baseless

Women should go and marry okada men...u sef go marry omo alata(tomato seller)

4 Likes

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by ngkessy: 11:19am On Jul 11, 2014
hey, ure right.....I'm just working on ma career n I wish all d ladies in d house to do same, u will surely comot as costly n xpensive like a rare gem!

1 Like

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by brainzdh(m): 11:28am On Jul 11, 2014
Bigsteveg:

The kind of people u roll with define who u are, even if ure not one of them, they will influence ur decision and ur life.

Hey buddy, I dont get ur point as regards what i wrote.
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 11, 2014
femikay149:

Brushing up a man

R u a man at all

Ur point are baseless

Thank you jare. Isnt it shameful that men are to wait to be brushed up first before they know they are supposed to brush themselves up? That is why the Op is talking to both men and women. Even as we speak, ladies who have actually brushed some up are biting their fingers in Regret. KMT.
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2014
femikay149:

Brushing up a man

R u a man at all

Ur point are baseless

. Am sowy dat mail isn't opening and yahoo is misbehaving. U can send mail to rosiest87@yahoo.com
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 11, 2014
shegsky: Ladies, stop wasting
Your time looking for Mr
right, find Mr left and
drag him to the right. MY 1 KOBO .

You nko? The op is talking to both men and women. are you gonna drag mrs left to right too? what if she doesnt want to be mrs right but remain as left, wetin you go do?
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by dmcdad: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
kibo: Be prepared. You cant give what you dont have.

If you are not right, dont expect Mr/Mrs Right.
The problem is; the reverse has been the case for years now. People just like buiding castles in the air, having a kinda phantasmagoria of the kinda Mr/Mrs Right they ought to end up with.

People care less about making themselves better individuals in all spheres of their lives, but always wanna end up with the best amongst the rest, whereas they themselves are nowhere near even good. People just need to be re-oriented about how these things work. It's always a two-way street and not a one-way traffic.

1 Like

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2014

O.k. I never knew Men are now commodities to be bought wth money too. You men are now properties that can be bought by rich ladies as gigolos abi? No wonder i see ladies in abuja buying you men. Point noted.
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
Akshow: Good one. In addition, I think people esp women need to be educated and know that marriage is not the ultimate. U have a certificate and have clock 25th is not a sign that marriage is d next thing by force by fire. Women too can have a career. Women too can build a house and have a car before they get married. Its not a boy thing anymore.
Very true, but are you a guy? Bc if ure, u people are the same set that would finally say she has hustled money from ha sugar-dadies, or she used money to marry d guy, or she would wanna be d captain of the marriage. So sometimes it's not like we don't wanna build a house nd all dat...but it's just natural that it's easier to hook up when the woman avnt gathered so much money

1 Like

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Very true, but are you a guy? Bc if ure, u people are the same set that would finally say she has hustled money from ha sugar-dadies, or she used money to marry d guy, or she would wanna be d captain of the marriage. So sometimes it's not like we don't wanna build a house nd all dat...but it's just natural that it's easier to hook up when the woman avnt gathered so much money

So it becomes a bad thing for God almighty to bless a woman financially? That means Nigerian Men feel inferior to sucesssful women. I see. I guess that inferiority complex needs to be worked on or else it turns to abuse.

2 Likes

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Akshow: 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
dellaziz:
EVA HEARD OF INTIMIDATION... guys are mostly scared of approaching career women... me no even pray make my women place career 1st...na home 1st ooo ...ciz me ni go allow my pikin dem suffer parental care
Only inferior men are afraid of a successful woman. If a woman is very successful, level headed, loves and respect her husband, I see no problem there.
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by piagetskinner(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
If u cannot find ur mr right, drag the one u Can find from the left to the right***
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by dmcdad: 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Akshow: Only inferior men are afraid of a successful woman. If a woman is very successful, level headed, loves and respect her husband, I see no problem there.

Exactly! But you and I would agree that not very many would be so level headed and totally respectful to their hubbies with their position and all that. That is not to say there ain't women who are successful and yet loving, caring, respectful, down to earth and all submissive to their hubbies. But then, these are rare you would agree. Right?
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by danakuba(m): 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
You need to look for the proverbs 31 woman.

"He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the Lord." proverbs 18-22
www.proverbs31lady.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by tonychristopher: 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
Sophyrocks:

O.k. I never knew Men are now commodities to be bought wth money too. You men are now properties that can be bought by rich ladies as gigolos abi? No wonder i see ladies in abuja buying you men. Point noted.

whatever..... lol
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Bigsteveg(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
rutchiekens:

My point is marriage is not a till death do us apart thing... If the someone isn't been treated right. The person should divorce.

I support.
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Bigsteveg(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2014

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by dellaziz(m): 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
U

1 Like

Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
Bigsteveg: We have heard the saying “It is better to be alone than in bad company”; it is great to be married, but I believe it is better to besinglethan to be in a marriage where you feel trapped and dead on the inside.
A broken relationship is better than a broken home, so if there are signs of an unhappy marriage already showing in your relationship, please have the courage to walkaway. It is better to let go of the’ good’, so the ‘best’ can come. if you aren’t in a relationship, the good thing is that you can make the most of being single by building and preparing yourself to be a great partner and spouse when you do get hitched…How do you maximise singlehood? What should you do while ‘waiting’ – or looking for Mr or Mrs Right?
1.Open your eyes:
Don’t shut yourself off from the world, be accessible. You may not have a very active social life when you’re married because of increased responsibilities, so this is your chance to build friendships that will stand the test of time. Besides, how will you meet apotentialspouse if you don’t give yourself the chance? Rebecca in the bible got a husband because she went to the ‘well’. The well was a social meeting
point forshepherdsand maidens because it was the major source of water in the area and almost everyone had to come there. It was a good place to exchange greetings and chat while you waited your turn to fetch water and since it was doneevery day, it was a good spot for the beginning of many‘promising’ friendships.
Join a gym, a department in church, a club orstart anew hobby where you get to meet people. The idea is to make friends and get to know them –without an agenda.
When you know people in a relaxed atmosphere, they also get to know you and potential ‘courtship’
relationships can begin…I must say this, where you go determines the kind of people you’d meet. Anyone one you meet in a brothel, a night club or a friend’sbachelor partymay not have the same values as you and may be the cause of ‘regret-worthy’ one night stands and unwanted pregnancies waiting to happen to an unfortunate victim; so choose your social activities wisely!
2. Look inside:
To be good company, you must learn how to successfully stand alone. You can’t support your future spouse and be a backbone when you haven’t learnt how to support yourself emotionally and otherwise. A successful marriage is the coming together of two ‘whole’ people not two ‘halves’.
That’s why the seemingly romantic line “You complete me” is like a fallacy, because no human being can ‘complete’another person because they are not God. Yes you may feel better around someone and you
may fit together like two peas in a pod, ‘5’and ‘6’…. and all the ‘perfect pair’synonyms, but you need to discover yourself, your likes,your purpose, your passion and what you want out of life. Focus on YOU, focus on building your career, on building your character and building your dreams; that way when he or she comes along, they will be proud and feel so lucky to be with someone like you.
3. Be patient:
I know this seems cliché or maybe crazy if you’re way past your 30s and under pressure to settle down, but the most mistakes in life are made when you’re in a hurry. Count the cost of getting married and be sure that you are ready. Don’t get married for your mother, or for society,do it for yourself. You will be the only one in the marriage with someone else, so why shouldn’t you be allowed to make sure you’re ready?
Desperate choices bring desperate mistakes so take your time in getting to know people and getting to know
yourself, your future spouse will appreciate you more
. Besides, your attractiveness drops when you’re too eager to get hitched, haven’t you noticed that people who seem to not be looking for a relationship always seem to have ‘chasers’? Maybe waiting a little before you commit to a relationship will save you from avoidable heartbreaks, bankruptcy and abuse.
4. Grow, improve, but don’t change:
I’ve seen cases where people lower their standards, pretend to be who they are not, and disregard their values only to be heartbroken in the end. If anyone cannot love you for whom you are, then you are better off without them. Be the best version of yourself,but by all means never try to be someone you’re not to gain acceptance.A lot of marriages have suffered from great shock when during years of dating the man was a romantic gentleman withsuaveand manners, and when he gets married he reveals the ‘cave man’ inside; and turns a wonderful wife into a bitter and disappointed woman. A lady who hates the ‘heat’ of the kitchen pretends to be a domestic goddess to attract a husband and turns into slob after marriage, much to the disappointment of her husband. Please be open minded and willing to change, but don’t make up a fantasy of perfection in order to trap someone. You were created wonderful, you are beautiful inside and
out. Work on getting the beauty within and without to shine through. Anyone who cant see and appreciate the unique and wonderful person you are doesnt deserve to be with you. Any love you are not secure, confident and feel peace about, will not changed by marriage. I see a wedding coming up that will be the beginning of a wonderful marriage and its got your name on it!
Cheers!

The bolded are veeeeerrrrry True. The 2nd bolded applies to me. Reason why i tell ladies to pipe low on their desperado antics. Its very unattractive y'all.
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by dellaziz(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Akshow: Only inferior men are afraid of a successful woman. If a woman is very successful, level headed, loves and respect her husband, I see no problem there.

not only d men even the women feel uncomfortable so Its not only a man thing....and d women have d fear that it was only for money that a less successful man married them...
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by nomabeeee(f): 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hmm..smiling
Re: Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action by tonychristopher: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
Bigsteveg:

you attract your likes, if your a sexx material you attract gigolooo, if your a wife material you attract husband. So check yourself. as of me, happily married and counting years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Of 7 Docked For Abducting Another Woman’s Husband / Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love / Why Men Scared Of Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.