Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States (840 Views)

Programmers: Share Your Twitter Handle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hello guys, what's the best way to handle different screen states for an application using window forms in c#..
I'm not sure if screen state is the best word for it, but that's just how I can describe it

For example :
title screen
Intro screen
Game screen
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by guente02(m): 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Are you talking about form titles or what?
Explain well my guy and you'll get the desired answers.
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 11, 2014
guente02: Are you talking about form titles or what?
Explain well my guy and you'll get the desired answers.

No I'm talking about form title, I mean different screens scenes like the first screen of the app can contain the title, followed by anoda intro screen and so on til yu get to the main application screen. ]
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by guente02(m): 1:34am On Jul 11, 2014
Please what type of app are you coding?
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 11, 2014
guente02: Please what type of app are you coding?
A game! It's a Sch assignment
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by guente02(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2014
Not into game design. Lemme give way for bosses.
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2014
guente02: Not into game design. Lemme give way for bosses.

Lol, I have found a way out tho using user control and docking it in the main form ]
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2014
Do yu know an easy method to shuffle strings? I know c# doesn't have an inbuilt string function to do that, the game I'm working on will also require shuffling of words
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by BodyKiss(m): 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
iamDemigod: Do yu know an easy method to shuffle strings? I know c# doesn't have an inbuilt string function to do that, the game I'm working on will also require shuffling of words

When you say shuffle, do you mean sort? What kind of value will the string you want to shuffle/sort contain? Be lil more specific.
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
BodyKiss:

When you say shuffle, do you mean sort? What kind of value will the string you want to shuffle/sort contain? Be lil more specific.

I mean a way to rearrange the letters in a word in a random manner, for example the word "hello" can be rearranged to "lolhe" .. Do you understand? ]
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by BodyKiss(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
iamDemigod:

I mean a way to rearrange the letters in a word in a random manner, for example the word "hello" can be rearranged to "lolhe" .. Do you understand? ]

See this answer on stackoverflow. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/108819/best-way-to-randomize-a-string-array-with-net/108836#108836
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 16, 2014
BodyKiss:

See this answer on stackoverflow. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/108819/best-way-to-randomize-a-string-array-with-net/108836#108836

Not exactly what I'm looking for , I'm looking for a way to randomize the letters/characters in a string! ]
Re: C# need help on How To Handle Different Screen States by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
Saw a method on that website will try it when I get home

(1) (Reply)

Naija Young Entrepreneur: My Success Story Begins With Microsoft - Gamsole Boss / Fresh Email Leads / Oracle Certified Professional Instructors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.