Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? (5267 Views)

Two Ebola Victims Revived From Disease After Been Flown To Europe For Treatment / Why Do White South Africans Refuse To Go Back To Europe ? / Arab Revolt Spreads To Europe? Portuguese Protest Poor Government. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by RANDY1: 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by RANDY1: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by morpheus24: 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
RANDY1: what a load of gibberish . anything to save face .

can't refute the claim eh!

You must show the part of the statements that are untrue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by morpheus24: 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
RANDY1: the moors were not black . why do black people think everything with Africa is black. I have a moroccan friend who is Berber and Arab.sub saharan african blacks are not Moors. Moors were never black . most people's only exposure to moors is the fact that Othello was black in shakespeare's play

What do you mean by "sub saharan" african blacks?

Are there any other kind of blacks in Africa, if so who are they?

Wonder why these beber were called the greek word for "black." Sand people would have been more appropriate.

19th century Eurocentric gibberish as usual!

Please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Rossikki: 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
RANDY1: the moors were not black . why do black people think everything with Africa is black. I have a moroccan friend who is Berber and Arab.sub saharan african blacks are not Moors. Moors were never black . most people's only exposure to moors is the fact that Othello was black in shakespeare's play.

When I say you are an uninformed trailer park dunce, you wonder why. Kindly explain who these people are if it's possible for your drug-addled brain to decipher the images:

The Moors: Images from medieval Europe

................................[img]http://3.bp..com/-imBQ-ZCZfAw/UhIRgNn9GZI/AAAAAAAAAtQ/vCZfS-ceTVk/s1600/m18.jpg[/img]
................................[img]http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQAFgvZJmzEV1tut&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi68.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi31%2Fnyenem%2Fmoor4.jpg[/img]
................................[img]http://pdjeliclark.files./2012/10/saint-maurice-detail.jpg[/img]
.............................[img]http://foreverblackeffusion.files./2013/09/1379254_158146481060865_1029415232_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.beforebc.de/all_europe/02-16-800-08-NW.ist-76-000-20-10-05.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-s7l0aOKZ-WY/TtR8P9bZpgI/AAAAAAAAACQ/85k9VJ0bCNM/s1600/Pope+Benedict+Coat+of+Arms.gif[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-qI-MwAIndQI/UI2LncnFbKI/AAAAAAAABAU/BgQyki2zIwI/s1600/Moorish+Noble+of+Medevil+Europe2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-0cKTs6XSans/UcJuVXEzvxI/AAAAAAAABlI/9H5soU7e4AY/s1600/Coats+of+Armssml.jpg[/img]

Egyptians were never black but mixed raced arabs and berbers.

Really? I guess we should take the words of a trailer park, burger-quaffing dunce like you over the testimonies of esteemed ancient writers and scholars from Herodotus to Aristotle?

Aristotle (384-322 B.C.E.) Greek philosopher, scientist, and tutor to Alexander the Great.
Aristotle is said to have written 150 philosophical treatises.

"Too black a hue marks the coward as witness Egyptians and Ethiopians and so does also too white a complexion as you may see from women, the complexion of courage is between the two."
(Physiognomics, Vol. VI, 812a)

Aristotle makes reference to the hair form of Egyptians and Ethiopians: "Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because the bodies of living creatures become distorted by heat, like logs of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations, and curliness is as it were crookedness of the hair."
(Physiognomics, Book XIV, p. 317)

The evidence of Lucian (Greek writer, 125 B.C.) is as explicit as that of the previous writers. He introduces two Greeks, Lycinus and Timolaus, who start a conversation:

Lycinus (describing a young Egyptian): "This boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin . . . his hair worn in a plait behind shows that he is not a freeman."

Timolaus: "But that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus, All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood. It is the exact opposite of the custom of our ancestors who thought it seemly for old men to secure their hair with a gold brooch to keep it in place."
(Lucian, Navigations, paras 2-3)

Herodotus: ''There can be no doubt that the Colchians are an Egyptian race. Before I heard any mention of the fact from others, I had remarked it myself. After the thought had struck me, I made inquiries on the subject both in Colchis and in Egypt, and I found that the Colchians had a more distinct recollection of the Egyptians, than the Egyptians had of them. Still the Egyptians said that they believed the Colchians to be descended from the army of Sesostris. My own conjectures were founded, first, on the fact that they are black-skinned and have woolly hair, which certainly amounts to but little, since several other nations are so too. But further and more especially, on the circumstance that the Colchians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians, are the only nations who have practised circumcision from the earliest times.''

Apollodorus, the Greek philosopher, described Egypt as "the country of the black-footed ones" and the Latin historian Ammianus Marcellinus said "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/3chapter5.shtml

3 Likes

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Fulaman198(m): 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
RANDY1: what a load of gibberish . anything to save face .

You obviously don't know too much about African history. In the past, Moors have fought alongside Fulani and Tuaregs against the Fulani speaking Tukulor people. Moors are predominately black, only white supremacists argue that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Fulaman198(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
RANDY1: Bottom line : black people would still be running around naked in leaves and living in mud huts ,killing each other with voodoo ,tribal warfare and enslaving each other etc.
the europeans civilized the sub sahara africa . you should be grateful instead .
P.S - black nubians were actually slaves in the egyptian civilization/empire . the egyptians were never sub saharan black . sub saharan black people have always been uncivilized . you should be grateful to your white colonial masters .

Who the heck is this mumu who no get brain for head:

Look Egyptians were black even White Ph.Ds say so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xOWebVYvw

If white PhDs are saying so my white supremacist friend what does that mean?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Blackvampire(m): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

Who the heck is this mumu who no get brain for head:

Look Egyptians were black even White Ph.Ds say so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xOWebVYvw

If white PhDs are saying so my white supremacist friend what does that mean?

dont mind that white gay i dont knw why white pigs cant function without hatin on blacks ...gosh...symptoms of recessive genes
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Fulaman198(m): 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
Blackvampire:
dont mind that white gay i dont knw why white pigs cant function without hatin on blacks ...gosh...symptoms of recessive genes

You are not helping with bigoted remarks as well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Swag!! cool

1 Like

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
Interesting thread. But somebody told me to stop reading all these things that it'll only turn me into a racist person. I wonder how undecided
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by morpheus24: 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
datalossvictim1: Interesting thread. But somebody told me to stop reading all these things that it'll only turn me into a racist person. I wonder how undecided

Might make you prejudice but "racist", most likely not. That is reserved for the "people" who invented and adhere to its attributes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by delishpot: 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
LoooooL I like Africans oooo. Chei typical African man mentality, lets not blame ourselves for our evil ways, lets blame the white man. Yes, we are not responsible for anything. If, we cant blame our women as ussual, lets hang it on the whitey. We dont need to grow, we do not need to start life afresh, we do not need to take our own destiny in our hands. Thank God the white man was stupid enough to buy our enemies sons and daughters from us a long time ago. so now we, have everlasting person to blame. Our children gay? Well, if we cant blame their motherswe blame whitey, our leaders loot us dry? If we cant blame women for making the men steal, we blame whitey, our men like to park balls to the left and sit at home for wife to go work and feed them? Well if nobody listens to us complaining and blaming women for wanting some dignity in their lives, let us blame the white man for helping our women see they are humans and deserve better treatments. Our girls are whores? Lets forget that its us men that buy their markets and keep them in business. Lets blame the women themselves or, we blame whitey for TV and exposure of our girls. why the hell should we take any blame when whitey used us as slaves.
I sure say white people sef go don tire for the average africa mans mentality.
We are like a kid pushed down by a bully, the bully then left but the kid refused to stand up and continue on his journey. Rather he,d sit there and cry about how he started the race well, how he was first, how his legs were stronger, how he should have won if the bully did not push him down. Ok we gree. But, ya bully don move, cross finish line, grow old and die, raise generazions that are improving on projects he started while you sidon for that one spot, marry there , born there and continue to cry foul and all ya children keep telling story of how their papa ,papa, papa for win this race if say person no push am down.
Biatch stand up, dust yourself let the price be your target and head for the finish line.
I get am before nor be property o. Abi na property?

1 Like

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Garvey1: 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
delishpot....the damage that was done to the African mind was never corrected.Information does not fall from the sky.How can you fix the problem if you don't know you have a problem. Many of our people don't know their history and have low self worth.Black history in school is taught from a white perspective.All history begins with them.nothing about black history before we came in contact with white.Stop blaming the victims...we are the victims of colonialism and slavery.The English language we speak is a form of colonialism.What we need is wealth.....give the black people wealth it will give them power.
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by morpheus24: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
delishpot: LoooooL I like Africans oooo. Chei typical African man mentality, lets not blame ourselves for our evil ways, lets blame the white man. Yes, we are not responsible for anything. If, we cant blame our women as ussual, lets hang it on the whitey. We dont need to grow, we do not need to start life afresh, we do not need to take our own destiny in our hands. Thank God the white man was stupid enough to buy our enemies sons and daughters from us a long time ago. so now we, have everlasting person to blame. Our children gay? Well, if we cant blame their motherswe blame whitey, our leaders loot us dry? If we cant blame women for making the men steal, we blame whitey, our men like to park balls to the left and sit at home for wife to go work and feed them? Well if nobody listens to us complaining and blaming women for wanting some dignity in their lives, let us blame the white man for helping our women see they are humans and deserve better treatments. Our girls are whores? Lets forget that its us men that buy their markets and keep them in business. Lets blame the women themselves or, we blame whitey for TV and exposure of our girls. why the hell should we take any blame when whitey used us as slaves.
I sure say white people sef go don tire for the average africa mans mentality.
We are like a kid pushed down by a bully, the bully then left but the kid refused to stand up and continue on his journey. Rather he,d sit there and cry about how he started the race well, how he was first, how his legs were stronger, how he should have won if the bully did not push him down. Ok we gree. But, ya bully don move, cross finish line, grow old and die, raise generazions that are improving on projects he started while you sidon for that one spot, marry there , born there and continue to cry foul and all ya children keep telling story of how their papa ,papa, papa for win this race if say person no push am down.
Biatch stand up, dust yourself let the price be your target and head for the finish line.
I get am before nor be property o. Abi na property?

This has nothing do with assigning blame but just telling it as it is. Noone claimed here that Africans are fee from any blame. If your contention is we focus on ourselves now and forget that past, then thats a different arguement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by delishpot: 12:18am On Jul 17, 2014
Garvey1: delishpot....the damage that was done to the African mind was never corrected.Information does not fall from the sky.How can you fix the problem if you don't know you have a problem. Many of our people don't know their history and have low self worth.Black history in school is taught from a white perspective.All history begins with them.nothing about black history before we came in contact with white.Stop blaming the victims...we are the victims of colonialism and slavery.The English language we speak is a form of colonialism.What we need is wealth.....give the black people wealth it will give them power.

Who gave japan wealth? Who gave Germans wealth? Who is giving china wealth? Yes we were wronged by our own brothers and those that paid for the humans captured and taken away from our land.
The white man writes black history? Maybe the blacks should write and teach their own history in Africa. Oh wait, we never kept history!
Its time to mive on people. Nobody will give you wealth, nobody will spoon feed you. If you wait for whitey to spoon feed you, you are giving him room to keep writing your history. A begger has no choice. If you keep thinking you are not going to help yourselves and wait for the whiteman to acknowledge his mistake and then do the clean up for you, you and 1million generations ro come will still face the same age long problem and keep being inferior to others.
If ones house is set on fire, its obly normal to get up from the ashes and build a stronger more fortified house. Not sit in the ash and wail all life long from generation to generation.
What the Black man lacks is love for our fellow human and pride in achievement. The average black man is selfish, works for what he can gather all to himself. He has no time to leave ckean footprint or clean hands,he cares less what others that come after him think of him as long as he fills his own purse and pockets. That ny dears is our problem. When we see the importance of maintaining our future we will look beyound what we can get in our pickets,we will work better to keep ckean record for our future to meet and improve on. And that is what makes a prosperous society. Those two things. Every other growth na jara.

1 Like

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by delishpot: 12:31am On Jul 17, 2014
morpheus24:

This has nothing do with assigning blame but just telling it as it is. Noone claimed here that Africans are fee from any blame. If your contention is we focus on ourselves now and forget that past, then thats a different arguement.

Gbam, you said it my brother. We gree say snake don swallow our fowl egg, now na make we find how to block every hole and nor let snake enter again.
And also, when kite carry fowl pikin wey nor dey gear word, after we blame kite finish make we also blame the fowl pikin wey nor gree ansa him mama call to stay closer.
Maybe it will sound better if we started blaming our brothers who sold their bros, sis and moms and dads for snuff and guns? Why do we just sit down, decide not to look at the evil within our midst but rather we prefere to push blame to others.
Enough of the cry, cry, go ask stella odua if na slave master tell her to loot, ask iyabo obasanjo if na slave master tell her to share howmany million that was meant to upgrade naija hospitals, go ask mrs ibru if na slave master tell her to embezle funds, go ask dem, all of them that steal us dry and have refused to develop naija if na slave master direct them to treat their own people, Their future, their mothers and fathers the way they are treating them. Biko call out the leaders and let oyinbos rest small. They already know they were wrong.

1 Like

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2014
Depishpot. cool
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Garvey1: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2014
Jealousy,ignorance and superstition are the order of the day with our people.I do agree that many of our people are selfish...but again that goes back to self hate as a race.If you don't love yourself as a black person then you cannot love your brother or sister because they are a reflection of you.Many of our people have been program ed to hate Black.They don't see beauty in being black...our problem as a race is an economic and psychological problem....we have to be taught to love ourselves firstly as a race.In all things your race come first...it takes a black man and black woman to make a black baby.
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Garvey1: 2:57am On Jun 10, 2015
Europe would still be in the poor house grin shocked
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Appleyard(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Elliotwiz1:
all what you typed can be summarized in one word>"RUBBISH" .this is the kind of mentality backward people have. embrace modernization bro. you're not in the 18th century. instead of cooperation you're talking about the opposite.

And with all the 'coopertion' you have had with them, where has it landed you? Before dismissing what the OP whrote as 'Rubbish', you should have been able to read in between the lines regarding what was written above, viz the message its trying to convey, based on the present nature of things in Africa and in Europe.

The OP was not advocating hatred or 'cut off' from Europe, (as no continent can survive on its own) rather, that Africa should be able to look inward and discover its true potentials, and stop over depending on the 'white man's table of 'goodwill,' that was never there to begin with.
Or have you so soon forgotten the British colonial policy of Divide and Rule, the French policy of Assimilation? Or the unfair trade policies of the WTC, World Bank, IMF, etc, and the unfair and discriminatory settings of the UN?

Embracing modernization does not imply enslaving yourself in satisfaction of others. Rather, it shoud be, developing your potentials by maximazing your capabilities by means of your abilities that would make life easier and better for your populace, while at the same time, attracting others to yourself, by way of cooporation and trade.

1 Like

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Garvey1: 3:23am On Jun 17, 2015
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by jamaicanoshu(m): 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
Garvey 1 thank you for this thread ! We need a thread like this at least once a week . So that our people can self reflect on ourselves. This is very necessary for us to reclaim our minds from the white man. One day we will change our Bible's and Quran's . We will Africanize those books. We will take out sissy white Jesus and put in BLACK WAR GOD ANSAR!

1 Like

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by cap28: 11:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
Elliotwiz1:
all what you typed can be summarized in one word>"RUBBISH" .this is the kind of mentality backward people have. embrace modernization bro. you're not in the 18th century. instead of cooperation you're talking about the opposite.

You sound exactly like the Nigerian clown being interviewed in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwlILzSt710&list=PLjTwVq1HexZCPECXDJDFSikLOSMQ-Bnqc

1 Like

Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by morpheus24: 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
jamaicanoshu:
Garvey 1 thank you for this thread ! We need a thread like this at least once a week . So that our people can self reflect on ourselves. This is very necessary for us to reclaim our minds from the white man. One day we will change our Bible's and Quran's . We will Africanize those books. We will take out sissy white Jesus and put in BLACK WAR GOD ANSAR!

How does Africanizing either of those books do anything to change your mindset. Their practice and language are heavily influenced from the cultures they were derived from.

You might as well revert back to Ogun and IFA spirituality.

duh!
Re: Were Would Europe Be Without Africa? by Garvey1: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Africa for the Africans,Those at home and those abroad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thai Girl ... Half Human, Half Snake / In CANADA : Mother And Son Caught Having Sex By Sister Who Was Visiting / Chinese Use Prisoners As Expatriates In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.