Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,108 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Questions On Tithe And Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions On Tithe And Tithing (591 Views)

If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Tithe And Tithing- Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On Tithe And Tithing by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
How come we Christians readily believe that through Christ a new testament came in to wholly replace the old, but when it comes to the issue of tithe we make a glaring exemption?

What makes tithe different from circumcision? They were both practiced before the Law and later became cardinal aspects of the Law. But why are we eager to say circumcision profits us nothing, while we hold tenaciously to tithing?

If Abraham paid tithe only once in his life time, and that from spoil he took from warfare (i.e. not from his own income or possession), can we really say that our generation's model of monthly tithing isn't more a practice of the Mosaic Law than an expression of Abraham's giving?

Did God really command Christians to tithe? Why then would He remove the Levitical office alongside the Old Testament if He intended for tithing to continue?

How come the Apostles and the early Christians were not reported to have paid tithe? If it was not part of the early Christian theology, who smuggled it in, and why?

Should we really believe in the saying, Things become tight because you don't tithe? How come unbelievers are most of the wealthiest persons on earth?

Why do many Nigerian believers continue to believe more in meticulous paying of tithe rather than meticulous giving of help/aids to other believers in need?

Kindly append your thoughts, preferably scriptural. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Questions On Tithe And Tithing by Onlinebizexpert(m): 12:03am On Jul 11, 2014
na by choice bro
Re: Questions On Tithe And Tithing by tpia5: 12:26am On Jul 11, 2014
jideolubiyi: How come unbelievers are most of the wealthiest persons on earth?

My thread ( or post) about this question was lost during the nl shutdown, maybe I'll look for it, perhaps as a thread on its own.
Re: Questions On Tithe And Tithing by shikshark: 12:59am On Jul 11, 2014
some pastors go to the extent of indirectly cursing non- payment of tithes and in most cases i use to reject it In Jesus Name. i prefer to give my money to people that needs it rather than for pastors that are already made
Re: Questions On Tithe And Tithing by Gombs(m): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2014
Kunle, Goshen, Drummaboy, Candour, Shedemidemi etc

[size=30pt]come and feast o[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions On Tithe And Tithing by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2014
Gombs: Kunle aka PastorKun , Goshen, Drummaboy, Candour, Shedemidemi shidemidemi etc

[size=30pt]come and feast o[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Food is ready! grin grin
Re: Questions On Tithe And Tithing by lastmessenger: 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
Op tithing in christainity is nothing but an unholy fraud that is rooted on selfishness in the mind of the payer and reciever.
Re: Questions On Tithe And Tithing by PastorKun(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
lastmessenger: Op tithing in christainity is nothing but an unholy fraud that is rooted on selfishness in the mind of the payer and reciever.

Corrected.
Re: Questions On Tithe And Tithing by lastmessenger: 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
PastorKun:

Corrected.
Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Life Involves Risks / Ebola And Muslims / My Heart Pants For Thee Oh God (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.