Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! - Dating And Meet-up Zone (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! (60505 Views)

Wrong Notions Thats Scares Guys Away From Single Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by remlurd: 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
08028156643. Single dad, lives in Abuja and wanna hook up with single mom that lives in Abuja too. Let's get to hook up on whatsapp

2 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by naniawini(f): 4:22am On Jul 10, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Kuhka: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2016
Really cool thread. I am a 38 year old working class mother of one and would love to start dating again. If you are a guy aged 38-45 years and reside in Abuja here's my pin 2c0bee5f. I must add that I am not into married men o tongue tongue tongue wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Donald7610: 10:42am On Jul 11, 2016
naniawini:
Hello evry1 I must say this is a nice thread. I'm happy 2 be part of u guys. I'm a single mum of a lil girl I'm ready 2 meet new people here. My BBM pin F
Where is ur location?
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Donald7610: 10:43am On Jul 11, 2016
Kuhka:
Really cool thread. I am a 38 year old working class mother of one and would love to start dating again. If you are a guy aged 38-45 years and reside in Abuja here's my pin f. I must add that I am not into married men o tongue tongue tongue wink
Like ur heart

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by naniawini(f): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
Rivers state
Donald7610:

Where is ur location?

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Donald7610: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
naniawini:
Rivers state
Oh no
Lagos guy
Wish best of luck
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 08, 2016
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by misaacdelight(m): 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
My mouth just can not say what my eyes saw, If you wouldn't mind let hook up on whatsapp here is my number.07033729001 Whatsapp I don't call with it.

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by misaacdelight(m): 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
My mouth just can not say what my eyes saw, If you wouldn't mind let hook up on whatsapp here is my number.07033729001 Whatsapp I don't call with it. Am single base in fct.

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Donald7610: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
bunches:
Hi all, am a single mum of one lil girl, based in abuja. Ready to hook up wt single dad for friendship
Put your contact
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
texanomaly:
Interesting thread. It seems like a big risk though.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
uyogabie:
I have a single mom friend.She is Ibo from Imo state.She is based in lag with her daughter.She is in her mid 30s.fair in complexion,homely and a wonderful cook.Mention my post if interested.

Can I know her
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by jane5020(f): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nice thread,
Am a single mom, based in Abuja,bbm 7AE906CF
Mail jegbeku25@gmail.com
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Durbaubal682: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by uairaland: 8:46am On Sep 15, 2016
x
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by JoyChinwe22(f): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] what prompted me to this is the percentage of single parents that have decided to shut their hearts because they believe they can't find love again.
I strongly believe there is always someone for everyone no matter the situation or your status.......a single mother asked me abt intimacy gadgets and I was moved to tears when she shared her story (she has such a good heart),I had to recommend quiver box.SINGLE PARENTING : HOW TO STRIKE A BALANCE BETWEEN YOUR LOVE LIFE AND YOUR CHILDREN

Single parents most times, find themselves entangled in a web of loneliness as they are always- either afraid to get out there, having been burned from previous relationships (prominent case with divorced parties) or too scared to hurt their children's feelings (especially because such children must have been quite wounded from the trauma of loosing one parent- to divorce, death or what have you).

Sometimes, most single parents convince themselves that they are better off alone instead of going through the rigorous process of finding Love and risk hurting their children in the process. Situations like this is even more prominent in a country like Nigeria, where societal and religious prejudice frown upon divorce and most times expects widowed parents not to remarry, to concentrate solely on raising their children.

However, in the event wherein the said single parent is able to convince himself/herself that getting his/her feet wet again (an analogy for trying again) would be in his/her best interest, the problem becomes striking a balance between his/her supposed love life and the children. Some of the ways to do that, without tipping off any of the involved parties would be:

UNDERSTAND YOUR CHILDREN

Every single parent should make it a point of duty to understand the needs of his/her children at each turn. You have to understand the signals your children (especially young ones who cannot pass their feelings effectively yet, with words) send at every point. Do not assume your child needs a father/mother figure because he/she exhibits a certain characteristic and let that push you into searching for someone to assume such role. Do not assume anything. Find out yourself, look for ways to make your child confide in you.
Also, you have to understand how your child exhibits his/her own emotions, so you can clearly create a meaning out of each signal he/she sends across to you, when you finally find the one. This is because most times, the children are always the first to know who would or who would not be good for you but will probably not be bold enough to say it out loud. Some signs like, 'running off whenever your love interest is around, avoiding him/her at all cost and so on, could show that your child is not comfortable with such person present and you have to find out why...and deal with it! To see more, visit http://www.familyflex.net/2016/08/single-parenting-how-to-strike-balance_29.html

I just believe your love story shouldn't end because something happened along the previous episode,move on,let that heart of yours melt again. kiss
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by JoyChinwe22(f): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2016
luvablesam:
Dont know why most guys find it repulsive marrying a qoman with a kid from a previous relationship. The African Character is questionable sometimes.....

I Av missed Nairaland
SINGLE PARENTING : HOW TO STRIKE A BALANCE BETWEEN YOUR LOVE LIFE AND YOUR CHILDREN

Single parents most times, find themselves entangled in a web of loneliness as they are always- either afraid to get out there, having been burned from previous relationships (prominent case with divorced parties) or too scared to hurt their children's feelings (especially because such children must have been quite wounded from the trauma of loosing one parent- to divorce, death or what have you).

Sometimes, most single parents convince themselves that they are better off alone instead of going through the rigorous process of finding Love and risk hurting their children in the process. Situations like this is even more prominent in a country like Nigeria, where societal and religious prejudice frown upon divorce and most times expects widowed parents not to remarry, to concentrate solely on raising their children.

However, in the event wherein the said single parent is able to convince himself/herself that getting his/her feet wet again (an analogy for trying again) would be in his/her best interest, the problem becomes striking a balance between his/her supposed love life and the children. Some of the ways to do that, without tipping off any of the involved parties would be:

UNDERSTAND YOUR CHILDREN

Every single parent should make it a point of duty to understand the needs of his/her children at each turn. You have to understand the signals your children (especially young ones who cannot pass their feelings effectively yet, with words) send at every point. Do not assume your child needs a father/mother figure because he/she exhibits a certain characteristic and let that push you into searching for someone to assume such role. Do not assume anything. Find out yourself, look for ways to make your child confide in you.
Also, you have to understand how your child exhibits his/her own emotions, so you can clearly create a meaning out of each signal he/she sends across to you, when you finally find the one. This is because most times, the children are always the first to know who would or who would not be good for you but will probably not be bold enough to say it out loud. Some signs like, 'running off whenever your love interest is around, avoiding him/her at all cost and so on, could show that your child is not comfortable with such person present and you have to find out why...and deal with it! To see more, visit http://www.familyflex.net/2016/08/single-parenting-how-to-strike-balance_29.html
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 16, 2016
2B3256E8 Lagos
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by ajumsy1(f): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
I am new in the grp. A single mum also.

2 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by Academicwizman(m): 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
Single dad looking for no strings attached (at least for now). I am 37 and good looking.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by onionsoup(f): 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
joshboo:
hello, need a single mum to be friends with, I've got a lil cutie( boy). add on whatsap- 08166313508

Hi i ain't a single mum. I'm just single but we can be friends
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by withpassion(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
I look forward to meeting a responsible working class lady, preferably a graduate,pretty n intelligent. God fearing, sexy, chubby, bold, big and beautiful woman with a good heart for a serious relationship I am not into games Just interested to make a good term relationship someone to be close with............. u can add me on BBM 5AB86621
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by austine4real(m): 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
onionsoup:

Hi i ain't a single mum. I'm just single but we can be friends

good day can i get to knw u??
Re: Single Mothers Meet Single Fathers Here,don't SHUT UR HEART! by onionsoup(f): 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
austine4real:

good day can i get to knw u??

Yea sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

13 Ways To Avoid Boring Chat On 2go,whatsapp, And Bbm / Dating Friendly YIM/ BBM Pin Exchange Thread : Drop Urs, U Cld Meet Ur Soulmate / Drop Ur Bb Pin You Might Just Be Lucky To Meet Your Life Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.