Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,320 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 PM

Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. (1032 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Prophet Engages Women In Marathon Sex During Deliverance / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. by mooyguy(m): 7:23am On Jul 11, 2014
I woke up feeling thirsty for it but my wife was not available and it was during a fasting period, then something just pop it to my mind that is it right to engage your wife during fasting?

I am still trying to look for justification to support or otherwise.
Re: Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. by Ezedon(m): 8:01am On Jul 11, 2014
Just a little self control is good for you
Re: Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. by simplyOJ(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ezedon: Just a little self control is good for you
True! that is the essence of the fast in the first place. Self denial.
Self control is necessary, but if the flesh is about to run wild, do the
needful by drawing your wife close. It is better to do with your wife and return
to fast another day than burning unnecessarily with some dangerous thoughts.
Re: Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. by oyinsmart(f): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
To fast is self denial - Denying the body of its pleasure at a given time. so intimacy could be denied while fasting but if u can't put your body under subjection, give it its request and as time goes on you will outgrow the desire for intimacy during fast. God bless us all.
Re: Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. by valnicholas(f): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2014
@OP_________please read 1 corinthians 7:5...Shalom
Re: Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 14, 2014
mooyguy: I woke up feeling thirsty for it but my wife was not available and it was during a fasting period, then something just pop it to my mind that is it right to engage your wife during fasting?

I am still trying to look for justification to support or otherwise.
Fasting and Sex falls on different spectrum, fasting either for health reasons or doctrinally imposed don't need to interfere with the need for spousal intimacy.
But note, to execute a full one session of sex, requires a 16 kilometers walking energy, so with hunger shunning in your stomach need to carefully refrain is there, but if you shall a cup of fresh fruit juice either orange, tomatoes, pineapples etc will suffice, Your wife complaint falls into the category of usual I have headaches, I just made my hair, waistpain and all that.
Primary sex in Africa and some other nations where female genetial mutilation is the norm, it's only the men that labour, our women are just lying there receiving
Re: Sex During Fasting For Couples? Is It Okay. by mooyguy(m): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2014
Thanks to all for contribution.Self control is just the lesson to be learned here, denial just for a while is not going to kill, hunger/desire for it will come 1 Corr 7:5..............denying it and understanding it will be both consent.

Wishing us all a peaceful week ahead and lets pray for NIgeria against all the darts of the devil ranging from,

Corruption in Governemt.
Boko haram insurgency.
etc.

(1) (Reply)

9jaflave Soliloquy - Why Our Pastors Must Address Indecent Dressing To Church / How Citizen Benjamin Was Defrauded In The Name Of God. / America And The Vatican Seeking A 'global Covenant Of World Religions'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.