Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. (16248 Views)

Going Bankrupt Because You Are Building Your Home? / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures / Genuine Advice Available If You Are Building A House In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2014
Roofing is still ongoing in this house.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 8:56am On Sep 16, 2014
With a lot of electrical piping works too.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:03am On Sep 16, 2014
It's raining here every two hours, making it slippery for workers to stay on top of the roof to work.
This has been causing serious delays as my workers could not work up to four hours yesterday. Hopefully we can complete the roofing today.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Sep 16, 2014
More. .....

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by cashmonibabi: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello nairalanders and proffessor spyda..lol
Please I need d help of anyone dat can on here in d current prices for materials for conduit wiring and entire wiring for a 6bedroom one lounge one kitchen and dining bungalow in imo state and also cheapest place I can get the materials and also roofing/aluminion sheets for the house. The rooms a standard sized bedrooms all ensuite. And the house is about 70sq meter round including the frontage.
And I just got this quotation for the wiring as im not currently in nigeria I dont know if the prices are high or low. But would want to finish at lowest possible cost bt still with good materials. Thanks. Can also send any email to me vnnannah@yahoo.com
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by cashmonibabi: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello nairalanders and proffessor spyder..sorry oga boss...lol
Please I need d help of anyone dat can on here in d current prices for materials for conduit wiring and entire wiring for a 6bedroom one lounge one kitchen and dining bungalow in imo state and also cheapest place I can get the materials and also roofing/aluminion sheets for the house. The rooms a standard sized bedrooms all ensuite. And the house is about 70sq meter round including the frontage.
And I just got this quotation for the wiring as im not currently in nigeria I dont know if the prices are high or low. But would want to finish at lowest possible cost bt still with good materials. Thanks. Can also send any email to me vnnannah@yahoo.com

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 7:02am On Oct 28, 2014
cashmonibabi:
Hello nairalanders and proffessor spyder..sorry oga boss...lol

The unit prices look ok to me. But the quantities cannot be questioned since the size of the building is not known. The 80k workmanship, is it for the piping works alone or including the wiring?
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by cashmonibabi: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Yeah its for both d piping and wiring..he said 100k but had to beat it down.
And when you say size of yhe house, do you mean the room sizes or the entire size?
Plus since your working in owerri now where is the best place to get good materials including cheap roofing sheets.
Thanks
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 6:01am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part, I will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation in 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I plan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by segcymoor(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
Happy holidays!
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2014
segcymoor:
Happy holidays!

Thank you Bro, hope you no finish all the chicken before I go come o cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Looking For Quality and Affordable Roof Tile in Nigeria (Stone Coated Roof Tile) / Agents Lease 11 Apartments To Over 100 People In Lagos, Flee With ₦60 Million / Bad Rendering Or Plastering Of Your Walls: Here Is What To Do - Engr. Osaz'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.