Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" (4863 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Betty605: 2:56am On Oct 09, 2008
Our very own stephanie okereke directed a movie in hollywood,
i really like the story line, go to the website http://www.throughtheglassmovie.com/
and see for you self, I am really happy for her, do your thing!!!!!
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by davidylan4(m): 3:19am On Oct 09, 2008
pretty silly movie. why would a bachelor keep a baby he found at his doorstep? Shldnt the first thing be to call the police?
What was Jeffery thinking spending on a child he doesnt know and with no birth certificate?

What would he say when he takes the baby in to see the doctor? grin Stephanie good try but pls dont embarrass us with these hopeless story lines.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Joseph6(m): 3:30am On Oct 09, 2008
davidylan*:

pretty silly movie. why would a bachelor keep a baby he found at his doorstep? Shldnt the first thing be to call the police?
What was Jeffery thinking spending on a child he doesnt know and with no birth certificate?

What would he say when he takes the baby in to see the doctor? grin Stephanie good try but please don't embarrass us with these hopeless story lines.
now i know u did not just diss my baby stephenie 4 being unprecedented meanwhile u're watchin them pathetic thoughtless movies like hancock and wanted now we all know these are make believes comic relieve even but wat the hell happened 2 nomalcy in wanted aaaah when i buy a movie now i'd check 4 a sign that says 4 elites. coz the crap i'm seeing. . . . . . .only a 1990 nigerian movie cld be worse i mean literally. ride on stephenie can't wait 2 see the movie oh oh wait a minute, a white movie?, wat did dat fat ass steph think she was producing, she better go get a diploma in movie directing b4 sumbady whack the black wax outta her ear
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Seun(m): 7:22am On Oct 09, 2008
What's the movie about? Some of us don't have broadband.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Betty605: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2008
Seun:

What's the movie about? Some of us don't have broadband.

OK SIR!!!!!, (by the way had to type in everything, cause apparently you can't copy and paste from the site)

Got this description from the site;

"Jeffrey (Garrett McKechnie) lives an ultimate life going through numerous, non-committed relationships,
but struggles to excel at work and gain his father's love and acceptance.
Jeffrey's life gets even more intriguing when life deals him a card that stops him on the tracks.
On a typical day, he returns from work to find a note "take care of your responsibility" left on top
of a baby who is abandoned on his doorstep.
In nothing short of what is scary, confusing and comedic,
he turns to his Nigerian neighbour ADA (STEPHANIE OKEREKE) who he has a secret crush on to help him.
What happens to the baby?, Jeffrey would break through the glass of his phobia for commitment and
keep the baby?, will Jeffery confess his SECRET CRUSH on ADA"
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by shilling(f): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2008
I'm so proud of Stephanie. I've been seeing posters of this movie and it never registered that that was Stephanie Okereke. Cant wait to watch it. She's good at twisting her tongue in Naija movies, wonder how she was talking in this one.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Betty605: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2008
shilling:

I'm so proud of Stephanie. I've been seeing posters of this movie and it never registered that that was Stephanie Okereke. can't wait to watch it. She's good at twisting her tongue in Naija movies, wonder how she was talking in this one.

LOL,   shilling, agree with you on this one,  LOL.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by ExInferis(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2008
@poster

modify your comments; it WAS NOT SHOT IN HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA, but it is premired in LA california. so you can't really say she directed a "movie in hollywood". more like she directed a movie in the US.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by davidif: 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2008
dumbest movie ever made.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Betty605: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2008
Ex Inferis:

@poster

modify your comments; it WAS NOT SHOT IN HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA, but it is premired in LA california. so you can't really say she directed a "movie in hollywood". more like she directed a movie in the US.

Not trying to be disrespectful but, excuse me?, Hollywood is an industry, it is a movie industry, just like Nollywood,
thats why i put hollywood, (its a movie industry). DUH!. Besides, i dont think the movie has PREMIERED yet.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Sisikill: 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2008
Bwahahahahahahahaha! Well Done Stephanie Okereke! We knew our actors and actresses will get there some day. . . and by there, I mean shooting a movie in AMERICA!!

Rotflmao! Hollywood?! Tee hee hee. . . that's like me saying I vacation in the White House just because my Hotel is on Pennsylvania Ave.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Sisikill: 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2008
Betty605:

Not trying to be disrespectful but, excuse me?, Hollywood is an industry, it is a movie industry, just like Nollywood,
thats why i put hollywood, (its a movie industry). DUH!. Besides, i don't think the movie has PREMIERED yet.

Did she direct the movie under the umberella of Hollywood. . . the movie industry? It's one thing to shoot a movie in California, it's quite different to shoot a Hollywood movie. Not all movies shot in America are Hollywood movies. . . you have heard of Independent Movies, no?
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by savanaha: 12:08am On Oct 10, 2008
I have never heard of this but quiet intrigued. I wonder if the typical Nollywood words like Chineke and such will be in this movie. I really want to know if she will be tongue twisting. Almost died with laughter when I heard that.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 10, 2008
Sisikill:

Bwahahahahahahahaha! Well Done Stephanie Okereke! We knew our actors and actresses will get there some day. . . and by there, I mean shooting a movie in AMERICA!!
Rotflmao! Hollywood?! Tee hee hee. . . that's like me saying I vacation in the White House just because my Hotel is on Pennsylvania Ave.

Buhhahhaahhhaa!!! I knew it was too good to be true. Hollywood? Na beans?
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Joseph6(m): 12:43am On Oct 10, 2008
i no know say bad belle dey turn belle like dis eh as u dey say na beans, i just dey wonda, say maybe u be dream killa, hope say u go make am oh
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by spikedcylinder: 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2008
Isn't this like an Indie movie or something? Must "Hollywood" be plastered on everything? Personally, I even prefer the indie movies sef.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by ExInferis(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2008
Betty605:

thats why i put hollywood, (its a movie industry). DUH!. Besides, i don't think the movie has PREMIERED yet.

Hollywood is a pseudonym for the American movie industry because thats the location the magic began, but that wasnt even my point even though your rebuttal serves to clarify things for me.

and Hollywood is not just an industry, its a whole town in northwest LA. where is Nollywood, incidentally?

However let me amend my earlier point.

see, most movies are not even shot in Hollywood. either they go on location where its cheap, or they go to a sound stage to shoot. the term 'hollywood" in the context you mean seems to suggest Okereke's work is a movie produced by a major Hollywood studio, and its not. its an independent flick with very mundane plot and absoluitely no credible reason for needing to be shot in America. its probably shot in western LA seeing the surrounding (but I'm not sure), but that doesnt qualify it as a hollywood movie.

a blockbuster by a major hollywood studio shot in Dearborn or Baton Rouge or Saskatchewan or wherever-backwater-production-deems-fit  IS a hollywood movie without necessarily being shot in Hollywood.

LOTR was filmed for the most part in New Zealand and the post production facilities (WETA) are there too, but because NEw Line is a Hollywood studio, LOTR IS a hollywood flick, not a New Zealand flick.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by TOYOSI20(f): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2008
Wow, good for her, so she is into Directing now,

More grease to her elbow. . . . . smiley
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by Betty605: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2008
Ex Inferis:

Hollywood is a pseudonym for the American movie industry because thats the location the magic began, but that wasnt even my point even though your rebuttal serves to clarify things for me.

and Hollywood is not just an industry, its a whole town in northwest LA. where is Nollywood, incidentally?

see, most movies are not even shot in Hollywood. either they go on location where its cheap, or they go to a sound stage to shoot. the term 'hollywood" in the context you mean seems to suggest Okereke's work is a movie produced by a major Hollywood studio, and its not. its an independent flick with very mundane plot and absoluitely no credible reason for needing to be shot in America. its probably shot in western LA seeing the surrounding (but I'm not sure), but that doesnt qualify it as a hollywood movie.

a blockbuster by a major hollywood studio shot in Dearborn or Baton Rouge or Saskatchewan or wherever-backwater-production-deems-fit IS a hollywood movie without necessarily being shot in Hollywood.

LOTR was filmed for the most part in New Zealand and the post production facilities (WETA) are there too, but because NEw Line is a Hollywood studio, LOTR IS a hollywood flick, not a New Zealand flick.

like i sed earlier on, no disrespect intended. I STAND CORRECTED!.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by ExInferis(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2008
@Betty605

there was no disrespect in your post (there was some cheek though!), its just that im galled by naijans' obsession with yankee. our music videos are being outsourced, now our cottage film industry is being exported too. soon naija will be one vast, empty wasteland while the populations straddles europe-asia-america.

the characters in naija home videos are fond of speaking what they consider American accent, the plot always involves someone going/coming from abroad etc etc.

why bother calling them NIGERIAN Movies then?

its disreputable. its betraying our patriotism and pride in our heritage. its bullcrap.

Okereke's Through the Glass can work in a naija setting, setting off to shoot it in te US is meaningless, just a PR campaign to garner the sort of glowing accolades similar to tis topic's title ("Stepanie Okekeke Directs Movie in Hollywood"! gasp, gush, wow, ooohh, ahhhh etc etc)

big deal. lots of homegrown American directors in minor league with far better talents and resources than okereke are yet to make primetime.

she doesnt stand a chance, her effort is a drop in a vast ocean.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by lucabrasi(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2008
while not raining on her parade,why cant our nollywood "movie stars" concentrate on being their best in acting instead rushing to be producers?isnt it better for her to maybe act and hope someone in hollywood will see her and broaden her horizons?i wonder who makes decisions for these people, somehow i dont see polanski or spielberg picking up a phone and look for a certain stephanie okereke to be a director because of her "brilliant directing"even the hollywood artistes pay their dues and are always at the top of their game before venturing into directing,and still get knocks for their efforts
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by AloyEmeka9: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2008

a blockbuster by a major hollywood studio shot in Dearborn or Baton Rouge or Saskatchewan or wherever-backwater-production-deems-fit IS a hollywood movie without necessarily being shot in Hollywood.

Brilliant point. I kept telling people that a Nollywood movie mustn't be shot in Nigeria but with arguments going up and down and some people feeling like when they talk more, it means that you are making more sense, you just have to give up on them. You are 100% correct.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by AloyEmeka9: 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2008
while not raining on her parade,why can't our nollywood "movie stars" concentrate on being their best in acting instead rushing to be producers?isnt it better for her to maybe act and hope someone in hollywood will see her and broaden her horizons?i wonder who makes decisions for these people, somehow i don't see polanski or spielberg picking up a phone and look for a certain stephanie okereke to be a director because of her "brilliant directing"even the hollywood artistes pay their dues and are always at the top of their game before venturing into directing,and still get knocks for their efforts

I agree on the part of being a producer. I think most Nollywood movies slated for the later part of 2009 were shot abroad and it's strictly for marketing purposes. Nigerian marketers are looking for ways to broaden their fan base and increase sales. It's not bad and it's not wonderful either.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Directs Movie In Hollywood '"Through The Glass" by lucabrasi(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

I agree on the part of being a producer. I think most Nollywood movies slated for the later part of 2009 were shot abroad and it's strictly for marketing purposes. Nigerian marketers are looking for ways to broaden their fan base and increase sales. It's not bad and it's not wonderful either.
yes but lets be real here, is that really selling us to the outside world?the honest answer is no, if you watch a senegalese ,malian movie even if it was set in rough n rural setting,it always hits the spot,our collective nollywood practitioners dont even get it at all thats why im pissed off,
from your comment,i dont blame a steph okereke,or genevieve or yoruba artiste,but the illiterate marketers who have been allowed to dictate the pace in which the industry ll grow, an example is the ban on some artistes by the marketers some years ago, imagine illiterate spare part sellers banning rmd,genevieve e.t.c just cause they dont know better and the industry is the way it is,

let to me i dont care that much about the tribal issue,or any other mundane issues my main concern is distribution network,distribution network,professionalism,professionalism these are my mantras, not who is yoruba or ibo which is beclouding the main issues

(1) (Reply)

Koko Pee Comedy Series - (no More No Less) Episode 4 - YAWA RACE / In Love With A Fighter 1, 2, 3 And 4 – By Facenaija.com / Latest Movies On IROKOTV App... Download Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.