Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:13 AM

Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges (26783 Views)

Photos: Some World Terrifying Bridges / 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History / World's Most Amazing Ship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by Imoy(m): 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
yuncka: Onitsha bridge

Between 1964 and 1965, French construction giant, Dumez, constructed the Niger Bridge, to link Onitsha and Asaba in present-day Anambra and Delta States respectively. It cost £5 million to build. Construction of the bridge was completed in December 1965. [ 1 ]During the Nigerian Civil War of 1967 - 1970, in an attempt to halt the Nigerian advance, retreating Biafran soldiers destroyed the River Niger Bridge at Onitsha, trapping the Nigerians on the other side of the river. After the war, the bridge was rehabilitated.

Good one, presently they are carrying out emergency repairs (repainting) on the bridge, and I am fortunate to be one of the consultant supervising the repairs.

1 Like

Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by Alexk2(m): 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2014

PAGAN9JA It shows that Nigerians are finally awaking from slave mentality. Let us throw away this foreign books and jewish man-idols. *think differently*

must you always sound like that when som1 choose to talk about his religion?
Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by ibdeals1(m): 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
amazing cheesy
Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by Slizbeat(m): 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
Onitsha bridge at night view.

1 Like

Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
tonididdy: WHATSAPP, Last seen = 1 minute
ago.....
VIBER, Last seen = 3 minutes
ago....
TWITTER, Last tweet = 4 minutes
ago.....
BBM, Last message = 5 minute
ago
FACEBOOK update=6minute ago
NAIRALAND last seen= 1.30pm

The HOLY BIBLE, Last opened =
31st Dec 2012.

***God is soaking ur cane in kerosene***
Lolz,I can't laugh.
he concern you?
mind your business.

2 Likes

Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by ahmed20009: 3:58am On Jul 12, 2014
Check out onisha bridge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by MDMA: 7:53am On Jul 12, 2014
WIZGUY69:
This guy just want me to throw-up,
onitsha ko, aba ni.....
you dn't even post lokoja bridge, third mainland bridge lagos, restoration bridge ibadan.....

Restoration bridge where?

WTF is wrong with these people?
Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by twentycent(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2014
Wetin again I wan talk..*peeping frm under the sheets while dragging d glass of Andre last touched 2mins ago*
Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by legacyint: 11:17am On Jul 12, 2014
I can't believe Oresund link is not included in the list.it links sweeden and denmark,with a total length of 16km,double decker with d upper for vehicles,the lower dedicated for rail transport,an artificial island and a tunnel.its a beauty to behold.

2 Likes

Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by SenatorJames(m): 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
walexGodson: Nice,ilorin bridge now follow?
No! Na Mokola bridge you go see.

We are talking of best things in the world, not Nigeria.

I'm just joking, we will soon get there.

1 Like

Re: Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges by SenatorJames(m): 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
WIZGUY69:
Quote me again....
and you will d.ie.
ewu.... did i collected your phone to post on nairaland.
Please dont be annoyed with him. I beg you in the name of Netherland that just destroyed Brazil with 3 goals to nill without Sneidjer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lightning And Thunder Strike Cause Panic In Edo State (Photo) / Technology Updates! / Annular Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On September 1st - NASRDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.